What Can I Add To Chicken Breast For Flavor
I mean there are thousands of seasonings out there to choose from. You can buy an already blended mix with heat, something with a lemon hint, and dry rub is popular if your pieces were thawed. If frozen that wont really stick well. A few other popular choices are to add
- Soak for a few hours in this lemon pepper marinade
- Mix garlic, soy sauce and hoisin together and brush that on
- Add a squeeze of lime
Want to cook Instant Pot frozen chicken legs too? Do it!
Tips For Making Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Use an instant read thermometer to check that your chicken is cooked to at least 165 degrees F.
- If your chicken isnt cooked through after the pressure cook time finishes, turn your Instant Pot to saute mode to finish cooking the chicken.
- After stirring in the cornstarch mixture, you can add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables to the Instant Pot. They will cook while the sauce thickens.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute coconut aminos or gluten-free tamari for the soy sauce.
If you make this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment below and tag a photo on Instagram . I love to see what you are cooking!
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
The process for cooking frozen chicken breast in the Instant Pot is not much different than cooking thawed or fresh chicken breast. But there are two things to keep in mind.
Also Check: What Can You Not Cook In Instant Pot
Ingredients You Will Need
You really need only chicken breasts and water. Everything else is up to your taste and what meal idea you are planning to use with your cooked chicken breast recipe.
If you are planning to eat cooked chicken breast alongside chicken quinoa bowl , I would pay attention to spices.
- Chicken breasts: You can use boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh or frozen.
- Salt and pepper: Simple seasonings so your chicken is a blank slate for recipes.
- Garlic powder: If you wish, but not required.
- Dried herbs: If you like, really it will depend on how you plan to use the chicken once it is ready.
Use one of these chicken marinades to really ramp up the flavor of the chicken breast.
Why Does My Instant Pot Say Burn
- A BURN warning on an Instant Pot occurs when the heat sensor reads a high temperature on the bottom of the pot, which can indicate scorching. This causes the pot to stop heating until it is resolved.
- Make sure you are using the required amount of water for your Instant Pot model. You shouldnt have a problem with this if you follow the instructions here, because this method uses enough water to prevent the warning.
Read Also: How To Make Chicken Soup In Instant Pot
Ways To Use Shredded Chicken
Once you make this Instant Pot chicken breast, itll be so convenient to have shredded chicken on hand for all kinds of recipes. Here are some of the top ways to use it:
- Soups Chicken breast can often be cooked as part of a soup recipe, but it saves time if you already have shredded chicken on hand. Try it in spaghetti squash chicken soup or chicken detox soup.
- Salads Use shredded chicken for hearty chicken salads, such as Mediterranean chicken salad or avocado chicken salad, or use it for topping leafy salads, such as green goddess salad.
- Sandwiches Use shredded chicken on your favorite sandwich .
- Mexican Dishes Shredded chicken is great for chicken tacos, a burrito bowl, or enchiladas. Serve them up with your favorite salsa. If youll be using the chicken for lots of Mexican recipes, you could swap the Italian seasoning in this shredded chicken recipe with taco seasoning instead, but I usually make it neutral and add the Mexican spices separately for the dishes that need them.
- Casseroles Chicken needs to be precooked for virtually any chicken casserole, and cooking chicken breast in the Instant Pot is one of the fastest ways to do it. Try it in chicken bacon ranch casserole or chicken Divan.
Instant Pot Chicken Breast
Juicy Instant Pot Chicken Breast from fresh or frozen. 25 minutes from start to finish, simple ingredients and no saute. Cooking chicken breast in the Instant Pot is an essential recipe that is perfect for beginners and novices alike.
This pressure cooker chicken breast is my go-to on a busy weeknight or a weekend . Often it becomes Instant Pot shredded chicken making it perfect for salad, tacos and stir fries. Just like Instant Pot whole chicken is any moms best friend.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Sirloin Roast In Instant Pot
Some Tips And Tricks For Cooking Frozen Chicken Breasts In Instant Pot
- Instant Pot size matters: I have tested these cook times in 6 and 8 quart Instant Pot. I recommend to add 3 minutes cook time to 3 quart models because it comes to pressure faster.
- Turn into Instant Pot shredded chicken: Save a bit of cooking liquid to rehydrate when shredding. You can shred with forks or in a bowl of stand mixer.
- Jazz it up: After cooking frozen chicken breast in Instant Pot, your chicken is essentially a blank canvas for mixing with barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, creamy sauce, you name it! Thats why not much seasonings for cooking are necessary. Even adding salt and pepper on cooked plain poultry tastes different than adding it before try it!
- Freeze for later: Cool completely then freeze in freezer safe bags for up to 3 months for easy meals again. I like to cube or shred before freezing. Perfect way to meal prep.
- Do not discard broth: Use it to make healthy soups, further cook in Instant Pot chicken stock or save for everyday cooking.
Tips For Shredded Chicken Breast Instant Pot
- Shredding: Warm chicken shreds easier than cold chicken.
- Cubing: Instead of shredding, you can cube chicken. For example, like in this healthy chicken pot pie casserole.
- Frozen chicken: You have to make sure chicken pieces are separated. It will not cook evenly and you will end up with raw parts if you dont separate them. When cooking frozen chicken in Instant Pot, you will notice it takes a little longer for the pressure cooker to come to pressure, than it would with fresh chicken.
- Size of Instant Pot: The cook time remains the same no matter the size of your pot. It just means you may be able to fit fewer pieces depending on the size.
- Amount of liquid: Make sure to use the amount as directed. Anything less may cause your chicken to burn and wont allow it to be as moist and juicy as possible.
Tip: Add more of your favourite seasoning to the recipe if you plan to eat the chicken as is and wont be adding it to another recipe. For example, if youre tossing some onto a bowl of leafy greens for a salad. Youll need to jazz up the flavour!
You May Like: How To Steam Hot Dogs In Instant Pot
Can I Add Potatoes And Cook Them With The Chicken
Yes, you can add cut-up potatoes and arrange them in the liquid. Use a mix of water and stock. Once the cooking time is over, remove the chicken and trivet and mash the potatoes right in the pot. You can also add baby potatoes, cut in half, around the chicken on a trivet, and still make the gravy from the liquid.
How Much Instant Pot Chicken Can You Make At Once
Assuming a 6-quart Instant Pot, I recommend making no more than five pounds of shredded chicken in the Instant Pot at once, preferably no more than four. Five pounds is really pushing it, as it fills up the Instant Pot and takes a long time to reach pressure.
FYI: One pound of chicken will yield 2 to 2 1/2 cups of shredded chicken. Thats the same as five 1/2-cup servings.
You May Like: Can I Slow Cook In An Instant Pot
What Size Of Instant Pot Can I Use
Same recipe. Same cooking time. Same water amount.
Just make sure chicken breasts fit in a single layer. If your Instant Pot is small and you want to cook large amount of breasts, do so in a few batches. Piling up chicken in a few layers will result in undercooked chicken.
Also note that larger pressure cooker takes longer to come to pressure. About 8-10 minutes.
Get My Free Meal Prep Quick Start Guide
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
How to cook the most juicy and delicious Instant Pot chicken breast, plus seven flavor options! Using the pressure cooker cooks your chicken breasts quickly, with no need for an oven, and they always come out perfectly.
The Instant Pot can cook certain cuts of meat to absolute perfection from pork tenderloin to pulled pork to a whole chicken and so much more. One of my absolute favorite ingredients to cook is a boneless skinless chicken breast.
Don’t Miss: How To Setup Steam Rack In Instant Pot
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Breast In The Instant Pot
Chicken & Miso Instant Pot Ramen Noodles
Simple and delicious Instant Pot ramen noodles with chicken and miso broth are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner meal that both kids and grown-ups will love. Inspired by the Japanese miso ramen, this noodle soup is topped with Asian greens, sweet corn, and a boiled egg. Recipe from Instant Pot Eats.
Also Check: How To Cook Frozen Ground Beef In Instant Pot
Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
These Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken Breasts are always moist, tender and flavorful! These pressure cooker chicken breasts cook perfectly in minutes from fresh or frozen. Serve your honey garlic instant pot chicken breast with rice or quinoa and veggies for a complete, quick dinner!
The Instant Pot is a dream come true for getting quick, healthy dinners on your table. Once you set your Instant Pot to pressure cook, you can focus on preparing other parts of your meal or taking care of your kids.
You can saute ingredients and thicken sauces, all right in the Instant Pot. You can even safely cook chicken from frozen.
Are you new to Instant Pot cooking? Read my How to Use an Instant Pot beginners guide to get started today!
Instant Pot chicken breasts cook up perfectly and hold their shape for slicing and serving. This honey garlic instant pot chicken breast is great for quick dinners or for meal prep lunches.
How To Natural Release Instant Pot
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy.
Everything you need to know about How to Natural Release Instant Pot vs. Quick Release, when its safe to open the lid, and how long it takes.
You May Like: How To Cook Macaroni In Instant Pot
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- SEASON the chicken breasts I use a combination of Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil to create a paste that I can rub all over the chicken breasts.
- Remove chicken from pot and let rest for 5 minutes.
Perfect Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
Today, Im going to show you how to make perfectly juicy boneless chicken breasts in the Instant Pot, to make the process as easy as possible. Theyre great to have on hand when you want to add protein to a salad or stir fry.
Since I cook so many vegetarian entrees, its nice to have pre-cooked chicken on hand when my husband wants some extra protein added to his portion.
If youre like me, and dont love handling raw meat, youll probably love the Instant Pot as much as do because you barely have to touch the chicken to cook it.
Don’t Miss: How Long Do I Cook Ribs In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken Breasts Ingredients
I kept this Instant Pot chicken breast recipe super simple and didnt doctor up the meat with additional seasonings or sauces. I wanted you to have a basic Instant Pot chicken recipe so that you could easily use the cooked meat in any dish you desire.
With that said, heres what youll need to make pressure cooker chicken breasts:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Black peppercorns
How To Bake Chicken Breast
Don’t Miss: Can I Can In My Instant Pot
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Start by mixing the seasoning in a small bowl and season chicken breasts on both sides.
- Heat up olive oil in the Instant Pot and brown each chicken breast on both sides for about 3 minutes. This is when you are creating the flavor for the chicken and the gravy so be patient.
- Remove chicken from the pressure cooker and deglaze the bottom of the pot with a little bit of the chicken stock. Scrape any cooked-on bits, there is a ton of flavor there.
- Pour the rest of the chicken stock into the pot. Set trivet inside and arrange the chicken breasts on top.
- Close the lid and press the manual or pressure cook setting.
- Set timer to 5 minutes .
- Once the timer is done, do not flip the pressure valve. Let the pressure release naturally.
- Open the IP and remove chicken and trivet.
- Mix cornstarch with water and add to liquid in the IP. You can cook it for a few minutes on the saute setting. It will thicken into a delicious gravy.
Need Chicken Fast The Pressure Cooker Is The Way To Go This Method Is Fast Simple And Foolproof Keep The Seasoning Simple Or Mix It Up Depending On How You’re Serving The Chicken
It’s so convenient to have already-cooked chicken in the fridge. You can use it for salads, sandwiches, last-minute pasta dishes…or any time you are trying to round out a meal with a some protein, really!
And the easiest way method for cooking your chicken? In the Instant Pot, of course!
Also Check: Can You Make Rice In An Instant Pot