Instant Pot Carrots With Green Beans
Instant Pot Carrots with Green Beans
Steamed carrots cooked in an Instant Pot for 5 minutes combined with green beans. This is a quick and healthy side dish for your meals.
Preparing a meal has never been so easy with an Instant Pot. These carrots are cooked in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes and make a perfect side dish to your Sunday dinner.
Jamaican Curry Chicken Foot
Jamaican Curry Chicken Foot is a rich, delicious, and heart-warming curry made with chicken feet and authentic Jamaican curry powder. Thanks to the instant pot, this curry is very easy to make. It is jam-packed with Jamaican flavors and is a very healthy way to enjoy a curry. Jamaican Curry Chicken Foot Ingredient breakdown Chicken…
Which Potatoes Are Best In The Instant Pot
For this recipe, you can use any kind of potato, like Yukon Gold, red, or russet potatoes. Cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks, and they’re ready in under 15 minutes Take em out right when the timer goes off so they dont overcook, then use them however you like!
As is, they can be folded into a potato salad . For breakfast, I toss them into a skillet to make a quick hash with onions and peppers, or I brown them in the pan alongside sunny side up eggs.
For dinner, I mash them right in the hot pot after theyre done steaming to make easy mashed potatoes, or toss them in the oven to roast until crispy, as pictured here.
Read Also: How To Cook Frozen Meatballs In Instant Pot
For Simple Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli:
- Chop broccoli head into florets.
- Place a steamer basket or trivet into the pot along with one cup of water.
- Place the broccoli into the basket . Here, you can add any spices, oil/butter, and fresh lemon youd like. Close the lid.
- From fresh: Cook on HIGH pressure for 0 minutes yes, zero. It will cook as the pot comes to pressure.
- From frozen: Cook on HIGH pressure for 2 minutes.
- Finish broccoli with a quick pressure release. Season now if youd like or add additional seasonings if youve already done so.
When Do You Add Potatoes And Carrots
For a complete meal, potatoes and carrots always pair perfectly with a tender pot roast. However, I do not recommend cooking small potato chunks or baby carrots the entire time you cook your pot roast, as your vegetables will turn to mush.
Instead, it is best to cook your potatoes and carrots AFTER the roast has cooked, when the meat is resting. I recommend that once the roast has cooked, remove it from the inner pot. Tent with foil to stay warm while the vegetables cook. Add in the potatoes and carrots and set the cooking time to 10 minutes on high pressure. Once the potatoes and carrots are cooked, you can slice up the roast and serve with the perfectly cooked vegetables.
Alternatively, you can cook your Pot Roast for 10 minutes LESS than the total indicated time. So for a 3-pound fresh roast, cook for 50 minutes on high pressure. Then let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Open up the inner pot and add the potatoes and carrots to the pressure cooker. Seal the pressure cooker and cook for high for an additional 10 minutes. Allow the pressure to release for at least 10 minutes naturally, then do a quick release of any remaining pressure. Let the roast rest for 5-10 minutes before serving with the potatoes and carrots.
Recommended Reading: Ways To Cook Tuna Steak
Instant Pot Steamed Carrots Tips
How To Make Instant Pot Potatoes And Carrots
First, wash and cut your veggies. Like mentioned above, the size is sooo important when cooking with pressure. The carrots and potatoes need to be similar in size, that way they both will cook at the same time.
The size will also determine how long they will need to cook for. These potatoes are cut into small, bite sized pieces. I use the tiny baby red potatoes. I cut each potato in half, and then each half gets quartered.
For the carrots, I just sliced the whole carrot on and angle. You could use baby carrots cut in half if youd rather!
Place all of the prepped veggies into a large zip top baggie. Pour 2 tbsp of oil into the baggie, zip the top and shake to evenly coat the veggies.
Open the bag and pour two packets of onion soup mix into the bag. Again, shake until evenly coated.
Pour 1 1/2 cups of water into the liner of your Instant Pot. Transfer the prepped veggies into your steamer basket and place the steamer basket into the Instant Pot. If you dont have a steamer basket, you can place the veggies on top of the trivet.
Cook on Manual HIGH for 3 minutes, quick release the pressure.
Remove the veggies from the Instant Pot. Pour onto the serving dish. Turn the Instant Pot onto sauté, and thicken the sauce in the bottom of the pot with a cornstarch slurry.
Drizzle the sauce over top of the veggies before serving.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Pre Cooked Ribs In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
Fluffy, buttery, cooked to perfection, and aromatic instant pot jasmine rice can brighten up a dull day! These are not just flavorful but are also a perfect pair with stir-fry or gravy! Instant pot rice is easy to cook and super convenient. All you have to do is add everything none pot, set the timer,…
Instant Pot Burn Notice What
If you see that dreaded burn notice flash on your Instant Pot, do not fret! Know that your pressure cooker is keeping a good eye on your food. It has sensed that the temperature toward the bottom of the pot is too high and has therefore turned it off temporarily. It is giving you a chance to fix the problem! This can happen especially with thick sauces or chilis because of the heaviness of the contents inside the pot. It can also happen if there is not enough liquid inside the pot.
If you see the burn notice, press CANCEL as soon as possible. Do an immediate quick release and wait for the silver float valve to drop. Transfer the inner pot to a hot pad holder. Scrape any bits of food that may have adhered to the bottom of the pot using a spoon.
If there are no burned bits:
Add 1/2 cup of liquid to the recipe that will thin out the consistency. If the recipe contains beef or chicken broth, add more of the same. If no broth is used in the recipe, add water.
Stir the contents of the pot thoroughly and resume cooking.
If you see burned pieces in the mixture:
Pour the contents into a saucepan and clean out the pot using soap and water, making sure any charred pieces of food are removed from the bottom of the pan. Remove visible pieces of burnt food and pour it back into the pot.
Add 1/2 cup of liquid to the recipe, stir the contents thoroughly and resume cooking.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Tuna Steak In Instant Pot
For Whole Spaghetti Squash:
- Start by cutting the squash in half. My personal preference is to slice the spaghetti squash crosswise rather than lengthwise because it produces longer strands that better resemble spaghetti. Youve gotta get a good twirl on your fork! They also soak up sauce better this way. Then, remove the seeds.
- Place a steamer basket or trivet in the pot along with one cup of water.
- Place the squash halves into the basket or trivet and seal the lid.
- Set the pressure cooker to cook on high for 7 minutes and follow up with a quick release. You can do a natural pressure release for a few minutes if you prefer your pasta well done. A quick-release will give you al dente results.
For Instant Pot Cooked Mushrooms:
- Wash and prepare mushrooms. You can halve them or prepare them in slices, or leave them whole.
- Turn the Instant Pot on saute mode and add 1-2 tbsp. of coconut oil or olive oil. Then, add in the mushrooms. Here, you can also use any additional spices you like, fresh garlic, etc. Salt to taste.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes or until browned and beginning to caramelise.
- If you are using sliced mushrooms: Your mushrooms will be done after this and you wont need to steam them.
- If you are using whole mushrooms or 1 lb.+ mushrooms: Place the lid on and steam for 12-15 minutes with a minimal amount of liquid, oil and/or butter, and spices.
- For smaller amounts of mushrooms, halved mushrooms or a more tender mushroom: Steam for 8-10 minutes on high pressure.
- End with a quick release of pressure.
Read Also: What Is Natural Release On Instant Pot Mean
To Make This Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin:
In order to make this you need to simple throw everything in and allow the Instant Pot to cook it! Its very hands off other than chopping the onions and doing a little stirring!
For the ingredients:
- 24 ounces red petite potatoes
- Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds Smithfield Slow Roasted Golden Rotisserie Flavor Pork Tenderloin
- Chicken stock, no salt added
- Dried parsley
STEP 1:Turn Instant Pot on sauté. Pour in olive oil, then add onions. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
STEP 2: Add in onion salt and carrots. Stir. Add pork. Then potatoes and garlic powder. Stir. Add in chicken stock.
STEP 3: Hit cancel on Instant Pot and hit manual. Close lid. Program for 20 minutes. Make sure valve is set to seal position. .
STEP 4: When timer is done turn valve to quick release. (Watch out for hot steam! Open Instant Pot, move food to serving dish. Sprinkle with parsley.
How To Cook Potatoes And Carrots In An Instant Pot
I like to add a little flavor to the vegetables by sautéing garlic. You can add olive oil and minced garlic to the bottom of the pot and turn to the sauté mode. It is important to NEVER put the lid on when it is in sauté mode. Sauté for about 30 seconds and add the vegetables and stir well to coat with oil. Then add 1 cup water, fresh parsley, salt and black pepper. You do not need a steamer basket for this recipe, everything is added to the pot.
At this point you can close the lid and turn the valve to the sealing position. Press the Pressure button and then use the minus button to select 3 minutes.
The Instant Pot will take a few minutes to pressurize, you will hear it begin to make some hissing noises as the water begins to heat.After the 3 minutes the Instant Pot will begin a count down for natural release. After two minutes you will need to release pressure with the quick release method. Carefully using the end of a wooden spoon, turn the valve allowing the steam to escape. Make sure to keep your face back and away from the steam.
Now you can drain the water from the potatoes and carrots. Plate the vegetables in a serving bowl and garnish with additional parsley.
If you try this recipe for Instant Pot Potatoes and Carrots, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and dont forget to snap a pic and tag it #bluesbestlife on Instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
- 1/2teaspoon salt
You May Like: How Long To Pressure Cook Large Artichokes
For Whole Butternut Squash:
- Peel the butternut squash if desired. Slice the butternut squash in half or quarters either way horizontally or vertically and remove the seeds.
- OR leave the butternut squash whole. You can skip the first step and make it seriously easy if you can fit the entire squash in the pot. It will be more difficult to scoop out the seeds cleanly, and this is not my preferred method personally.
- Place the halves into the trivet or directly into the put with one cup of water.
- Cook on high pressure for around 12 minutes and follow up with a natural pressure release for 5 minutes before performing a quick release.
Instant Pot Potatoes And Carrots Is A Versatile And Simple Side Dish Recipe That Cooks To Tender Perfection In Just Minutes
Its easy to make flavorful potatoes and carrots in the Instant Pot with just a few basic ingredients.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. If you make a purchase, this site may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
My Instant Pot has been a complete time saver when it comes to main dish recipes like Instant Pot Beef Stew, an all-inclusive recipe thats loaded with meat, potatoes, carrots and a flavorful gravy.
But sometimes, I need a hearty side dish thats versatile, tastes great and cooks quicklyand can be served with just about any dinner.
And who doesnt love tender potatoes and sweet carrots?
Pressure cooker potatoes and carrots are loaded with flavor, thanks to the addition of garlic and Italian seasoning.
The best part of this recipe is that you can cook potatoes and carrots together at the same time in the Instant Potin just 5 minutes.
Add in the time it takes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, and they will still be finished and on the table faster than you can boil a pot of water.
More Instant Pot Side Dishes:
Read Also: What Is C7 On Instant Pot
Can I Use Russet Potatoes
- Yes, you can! In fact, you can change out the potatoes for whatever you have.
- Yukon Gold is a yellow color and are not as starchy as russets.
- Russets taste fantastic too but you usually need to clean up their skins some or peel them completely.
- The small colorful baby potatoes that are on the market now would really add a pretty color variety with their purple, red and gold skins.
- Fingerling potatoes have nutty or earthy flavors with different varieties also being in different colors. No need to peel.
- Red potatoes don’t need to be peeled either and the inside is a bright white.
In fact, heres spicy roasted red potatoes recipe that I am sure you’ll enjoy. It’s a very comforting side dish.
How To Make Pot Roast In Pressure Cooker
- Turn your pressure cooker to the Saute function and pour in 1 tablespoon oil.
- While the pressure cooker is heating, liberally season the chuck roast on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned roast into the heated inner pot, and sear the roast for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Turn the instant pot OFF from the saute function and remove the pot roast from the inner pot and place on a platter.
- Pour in about ½ cup of the beef broth and use a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the inner pot, so that pressure can build appropriately and you wont get a burn notice.
- Add seared roast back to the inner pot. Pour in the rest of the beef broth and then sprinkle the with additional salt, pepper, and onion powder. Top the roast with minced garlic and horseradish.
- pound on high pressure. This would be 60 minutes for a 3 pound roast.
- Once the cook time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes. This will keep the pot roast super tender.
- Remove the pot roast from liquid and place onto a platter or cutting board. It is okay if it falls apart as you are removing the roast–it should be fall-apart tender.
- Tent the meat with foil and let rest for 5-10 minute befores shredding or slicing and serving with the cooking juices.
Read Also: What Is Natural Release On Instant Pot Mean
Instant Pot Potatoes And Carrots
May 27, 2021
This Potatoes and Carrots recipe will not only be delicious, but saves time and energy from standing over the stove. Made with fresh potatoes, carrots and spices, this side dish will surely be a go to staple, especially for those who are vegan or gluten-free.
Like my home fries with peppers and onions recipe, this instant pot potatoes and carrots recipe will surely help you in keeping your money in your pocket. This recipe calls for red potatoes but any potato on sale or your favorite potato will do.