Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Salmon
Are you like me and NEVER remember to defrost your fish for dinner? This Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Salmon is going to rock your socks then! Wildly easy to throw together, super flavorful and cooked to perfections FROM FROZEN in your handy dandy IP.this going to be your new fast food!
What Type Of Salmon Is Best
Wild Salmon! Wild salmon has a better ratio of healthy fats than farmed salmon and contains more minerals. Farmed salmon is higher in bad fat and fed an unnatural diet of processed feed to make the salmon larger for sale. Food coloring is sometimes added to mimic the natural deep red color that wild salmon develop. Farmed salmon can also contain antibiotics and other toxic contaminants.
This Was Delicious Quick And My New Favorite Recipe For Salmon
Cooking frozen salmon in instant pot. Cancel the saute function, close the lid of the instant pot, seal the valve and pressure cook on high for 5. Place the salmon fillets into a single layer on the trivet and sprinkle them generously with salt and pepper. You can place lemon slices and pats of butter atop each piece of salmon, if youd like.
I’ve been meaning to post this for ages so here it is finally: It is always best to let your salmon thaw out before cooking it in the air fryer how to cook frozen salmon: Top with lemon slices from 2nd piece of fruit as well as any seasonings you like.
Get the best deals online and save. Pour water, slices of lemon from 1 piece of fruit and some fresh parsley at the bottom. Healthy salmon and rice made in a single pot.
Add water and steaming rack. Using the instant pot air fryer lid basket recipe tips: Place a steamer rack inside
However, you may need to adjust this. I often pressure cook some fish in the instant pot just to have in the fridge for salads. If you have especially large or thick frozen salmon fillets, increase the cooking time to get to the desired doneness.
Cooking salmon in the instant pot. Set the pots rack or a large, open vegetable steamer inside the pot. You can cook more than 2 fillets at a time, the quantity of water and cooking.
How to cook frozen salmon in the instant pot? To the instant pot insert, add 1 cup water and place the trivet inside the pot. How to make instant pot salmon.
Pin on IP Recipes
You May Like: How To Reheat Soup In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Salmon Cook Time
Salmon is a delicate fish, so youll want to be careful not to overcook it. No one likes dry salmon! Ive found that 4-5 minutes on the Pressure Cook setting with an immediate release is the perfect cook time for making salmon in the Instant Pot.
The temperature for fully cooked salmon is 145º. I always check it with my Thermapen to make sure it is safely cooked all the way.
Important: Make Sure The Clean The Sealing Ring After Cooking
Inside the lid of the Instant Pot is a plastic ring called the sealing ring. This ring helps to make the seal that lets the pot get up to high pressure. The sealing ring can take on flavors that were cooked in the pot, especially if they are very strong . After youve cooked the salmon, make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Clean it: Remove the sealing ring after cooking the salmon. Fully clean it with soapy water. You can also throw it into the dishwasher!
- Store it exposed to air: When storing the Instant Pot, store the lid upside down so the ring is exposed to air. This allows the sealing ring to air out between uses.
- Deep clean if necessary: If the sealing ring has a strong odor, soak it in vinegar for a few hours.
- Buy extra sealing rings: If you use your Instant Pot often, consider purchasing extra sealing rings. We have 3 extra Instant Pot sealing rings and use 2 for savory recipes and 1 for sweet recipes.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Beets In Instant Pot
How Do You Make Salmon In The Instant Pot
- Its super easy to cook salmon in the instant pot. Just add a cup of water to your pressure cooker, place a rack on top, and then add your salmon. I like to season it with some salt and pepper and place a few lemon slices on top for added flavor.
The rack ensures that the salmon is elevated above the water, so that it wont get water logged. I recently discovered this Silicone Pressure Cooker Rack by OXO. I love that because its made from silicone, the food doesnt stick to the rack. Plus, its super easy to clean, and dishwasher safe. It can also be used as a trivet, which essentially means youre getting two kitchen tools in one.
Sauces To Serve With Salmon
Instant Pot salmon results in a well-done piece of fish, so its best if you serve it with a sauce. While its cooking, whip up one of these sauces to go alongside:
- Creamy Cilantro Dressing Wow, is this cilantro sauce good! Mint green and creamy, youll want to spread it on everything.
- Chimichurri This zesty sauce comes together in minutes in the blender, and adds a bright green color and zingy flavor.
- Lemon Dill Sauce or Dill Sauce One of our favorite ways to serve salmon is a creamy sauce with lemon and fresh dill. Its perfection!
- Caper Butter This sauce takes just a few minutes to warm up: spoon it over the fish and prepare to be amazed.
- Salmon Seasoning You can also sprinkle the cooked fish with seafood seasoning to take it over the top in flavor!
Read Also: Can The Instant Pot Go On The Stove
How To Cook Frozen Salmon In The Instant Pot
This recipe is based on using two 6-ounce portions of wild salmon that is approximately 1.5 thick. Add water and steaming rack. Place frozen salmon on the steaming rack with seasoning and lemon. Set to 5-minutes high pressure and allow for a 2-minute natural pressure release, then immediate quick release.
If the frozen salmon fillets are very thin , you may want to eliminate the 2-minute natural pressure release and just do a quick release.
If the frozen salmon fillets are very thick , you may want to add an additional minute or two to the natural pressure release to make sure the middle is properly cooked.
More Keto Instant Pot Recipes To Try
- If you like Jalapeno Poppers, you will love this Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken.
- If you are craving comfort food, it doesn’t get any better than this Keto Mushroom Soup.
- Want to improve the taste of your meals? This Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth is easy to make and tastes great. It is also a fabulous way to save money.
If you like this recipe don’t forget to leave a 5 star rating and let me know how it went in the below comments, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on , , and to see all my delicious recipes.
You May Like: How To Make Beef Stew In An Instant Pot
Can You Cook Salmon With Vegetables In The Instant Pot
I prefer to cook my vegetables separately from the salmon in the pressure cooker. Why? First, I find that vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower or carrots tend to have a strong aroma when pressure cooking. That means the salmon ends up tasting like the veggies. Second, vegetables will cook much faster than the salmon, meaning that your vegetables will become mushy if cooked for the same amount of time as the salmon.
But, there is a workaround for all this!
After your salmon has finished cooking, remove it to a plate. Then arrange your vegetables in a steamer basket, like this one from OXO, and add them to the pressure cooker. Using the same cooking liquid from the salmon , seal the lid and set the cook time to ZERO minutes. The pressure will build again and then the timer will go off. Be sure to release the pressure right away, and then serve the vegetables alongside the salmon.
Ive found that pressure cooked salmon does not have as much flavor as pan seared, or roasted salmon and thats why I like to prepare a sauce to go alongside.
Which Type Of Salmon Is Best
When shopping for fish, be sure to look for wild-caught Alaskan salmon. In many cases, farmed salmon can be exposed to more chemicals than the wild-caught variety, and because the farmed salmon is fed high-fat feed to produce larger fish, it also tends to be higher in fat and calories than the wild caught variety.
Don’t Miss: What Is Instant Pot Poultry Mode
Scrape Off Any Unsightly Bits
If there is a trade-off to cooking salmon from frozen instead of fresh, its that it rarely turns out as pretty. Youll likely encounter more bits of albumin, which is a white protein thats found in all salmon and tends to ooze out with more aggressive cooking methods. This is perfectly safe feel free to scrape it off.
Still, cooking salmon from frozen can yield some truly delicious results. Serve it coated in a delicious sauce alongside fresh veggies, or perhaps flaked in some fried rice. We promise its just as good.
Instant Pot Frozen Salmon With Lemon
Salmon cooked from frozen is the ultimate quick and easy dinner. This Instant Pot Frozen Salmon is going to become a go-to weeknight meal. With garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, and lemon juice, flavor-packed meals dont get any easier. Served with Lemon Dill Sauce, this one deserves to become a habit.
We all know that seafood is a healthy dinner option, but making it at home can be tricky.
I am always suspicious of the freshness of any fresh seafood, unless I know that it is locally sourced.
Given how neurotic I am about food safety, this is why I almost always buy frozen fish. Wild-caught fish is flash-frozen at its peak, so I just feel better about serving it to my family.
The challenge comes in my frequent forgetfulness when it comes to pulling out meat to thaw.
I mean, sure, I could always put it in a bowl of water and wait for time to do its thing. This isn’t a great solution when eight hungry eyes are looking at me wanting dinner five minutes ago.
Do you forget to thaw frozen protein too?
If you do, meet your new best friend. Instant Pot Frozen Salmon is an absolute life-saver when it comes to getting dinner on the table fast.
Cooking fish from frozen is the ultimate fast food made healthy.
Also Check: Can You Put Instant Pot Lid In Dishwasher
Instant Pot Salmon: A Few Caveats
Before we start: lets just be clear about a few things regarding this magical Instant Pot salmon. The main message: its for quick, healthy weeknight meals, not for impressing guests. Keep reading for why.
- The Instant Pot is not the way to perfectly cooked salmon. Yep! If you want to this fish to perfection, pressure cooking is not the way. Try our Oven Baked Salmon, Broiled Salmon or Teriyaki Salmon for the best ways.
- Why? The salmon comes out well done. Theres not a lot of nuance to pressure cooking, so this method results in a well done piece of fish. Its not overdone and rubbery, of course! But at the same time, dont expect a crispy skin and tender interior. That makes this a nice method for a weeknight when youre trying to get food on the table.
- For the best experience, add a sauce. Instant Pot salmon doesnt work well with flavorings applied, so youll want to apply them afterwards. Slathered with our Cilantro Dressing or Lemon Dill Sauce, its pretty darn tasty! .
Heres How You Know Frozen Salmon Is Cooked
If youre new to cooking salmon, here are a few things youll see when its cooked through. The flesh will be opaque and no longer translucent. When pressed with a fork, the salmon will easily flake into small pieces. You might also see albumin.
Salmon is a bit like steak in that everyone has a different preference for doneness. Some chefs even leave it slightly translucent pink in the middleor medium-rare.
In terms of doneness, the official FDA recommendation is an internal temperature of 145F as measured by a food thermometer, which will be a very firm piece of fish.
How Long Do You Steam Fish In Instant Pot
Place the trivet on top followed by a piece of aluminum foil. Place the fish fillets, side by side, on top of the foil, drizzle with soy sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Secure the lid. COOK at low pressure for 7 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets and use a quick release.
How To Cook Frozen Fish In Instant Pot
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Tamales In Instant Pot
Ingredients For Making Frozen Salmon In The Instant Pot
- Avocado Oil – You can use another oil, but I recommend avocado oil for its neutral flavor and high heat tolerance.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder is easy to drizzle over the salmon filets if you prefer, fresh minced garlic also works.
- Salt and Pepper – Adjust the seasonings to your preference. I used fine sea salt. If you are using a coarser salt, you may need more. Freshly ground black pepper is always best.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – This adds a very subtle kick of heat. If you would like more heat, you could use ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Frozen Salmon – I recommend wild-caught. Any kind, such as sockeye salmon or King Salmon work. Just make sure what you use is cut into portions.
- Lemon Juice – Fresh squeezed is best, but bottled will work in a pinch.
- Parsley – If you don’t have fresh, two teaspoons of dried parsley will work.
Can You Cook Salmon From Frozen
Absolutely!! We will show you how to cook frozen salmon so that its just as tender and flaky as thawed fillets! You can even follow our air fryer frozen salmon instructions if you have that machine.
You can find pretty much any type of frozen fish in your local grocery store. If you love Instant Pot tilapia the timing is pretty much the same as youll find below. There are a few tips Ill share to get it perfect.
Read Also: Instant Pot Message Burn
Work With Smaller Cuts
For the best results, use smaller frozen cuts of salmon . While its totally possible to cook a whole side of salmon from frozen, theres more margin for error.
Its also true that cooking salmon from frozen will often yield less beautiful results, so wed save our truly impressive cuts of fish for proper thawing and a special meal. Use our frozen salmon cooking techniques for nights when you forgot to take anything out and need dinner on the table, stat.
Tips For Freezing Food:
Its important to portion food properly before freezing for the easiest Instant Pot cooking experience. For example, wrap chicken breasts and thighs individually, cut a rack of ribs into 2- to 3-piece sections , and cut big pieces of meat into smaller portions, such as a pork and beef roast for faster and even cooking. If possible, freeze meals in a circular shape thats the same size as the Instant Pot bowl-insert — this lets you go straight from the freezer to the Instant Pot with ease!
Now that you have an arsenal of tips for cooking from frozen in your Instant Pot, make sure to check out these Food Network Kitchen recipes:
Read Also: Spaghetti Squash In Electric Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Frozen Salmon And Potatoes
Instant Pot Frozen Salmon and Potatoes loaded with extraordinary flavor, flaky juicy salmon & buttery baby potatoes. The seasoning mix used in the recipe is the secret flavor bomb. Make this Dump & start frozen salmon and potatoes instant pot recipe with pantry staples & under 15 mins.
Dont miss our huge collection of easy Instant Pot Recipes.
Instant Pot Salmon Recipe
This salmon in instant pot recipe is one of the easiest instant pot recipe! With electric pressure cooker, you can cook salmon from frozen and dinner will be ready in minutes. I like instant pot salmon because
The texture is amazing, it’s healthy, delicious and good for weightloss diets.
It’s quick and easy.
Can be cooked from frozen.
Perfect for busy nights.
Cooks in one pot which makes cleaning up after easier.
Don’t Miss: Rice Cooker With Delayed Start