Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken And Quinoa Stew
Look for bags of cubed butternut squash in the produce section to save you the trouble of peeling and dicing a whole squash. Find Castelvetrano olives either jarred in the olive and pickle section or fresh at most specialty market antipasti bars.
Healthy Instant Pot Dinners That Make Perfect Weeknight Meals
Sometimes you’re up for getting chef-y in the kitchen. Other times, not so much. Thats why Instant Pot dinners are such a lifesaver. At the end of a busy day, the last thing you want is to spend hours in the kitchen before you can actually sit down to eat. The Instant Pot gets rid of that problem in one of two ways, both of which are genius. You can either pop everything into the pot in the morning and let it slow-cook all day while you’re taking care of business, so everything’s ready when you walk in the door after a hectic day. Other times, if you can spare 15 or 30 minutes, you can prep everything right then and use the pressure cooker feature to get food ready fast. Either way, you win.
Whether you’re an experienced Instant Pot pro or you just got one as a gift and have no idea what to do with it, don’t worry. These healthy Instant Pot recipes are pretty hard to mess upas long as you can follow the directions, which are intended to be low lift, you’ll likely end up with a delicious result. And maybe youll even find yourself getting inspired to come up with some Instant Pot recipes of your own.
All right, are we ready to dive into the tasty goodness? Great. Here are 30 mouthwatering and healthy Instant Pot dinners worth trying tonight . Add ’em to your cook-it list!
Healthy Instant Pot Recipes For All Diets
We have stepped up our healthy Instant Pot recipes game on Fit Foodie Finds over the last few years with dozens of new recipes featuring all types of meals. Our Instant Pot recipes are balanced meals that are made with simple and real ingredients that dont sacrifice classic flavors.
While we dont follow certain diets on Fit Foodie Finds, a lot of our IP recipes are naturally gluten-free and vegetarian. We have Instant Pot recipes that suit most diets:
The Instant Pot is a great appliance for everyone, but especially for those trying to live a healthy lifestyle because it makes meal-prep a breeze AND you dont have to use your oven .
So there you have it, the rest is history! Give your first Instant Pot recipe a go with one of these delicious Instant Pot recipes !
Read Also: How To Steam Sweet Potatoes In Instant Pot
Why We Love Our Instant Pot:
- one pot = less dishes I mean.. need we say more? the less dishes the better
- time saverInstant Pot recipes are usually quick, so theyre perfect for busy nights or days when you forgot to prep something and need dinner in a pinch!
- great for meal prep When I meal prep, I wind up using every appliance in the kitchen. I have the crockpot, oven, and stovetop going. If I can use my instant pot too Im all over it!
Instant Pot Middle Eastern Lamb Stew
Our Instant Pot Middle Eastern Lamb Stew is one of the TOP lamb recipes on the blog. It always turns out. Made with chickpeas and fragrant spices- it is a flavorful wholesome meal. Serve over quinoa, basmati rice or cauliflower rice. One of my favorite pressure cooker recipes on the blog- super tasty and easy.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Macaroni And Cheese In The Instant Pot
A Few Facts About Instant Pots
There are many benefits to cooking in an Instant Pot:
- Minimal effort: You toss in the ingredients and your Instant Pot does all the work.
- Fewer dirty dishes: No prep dishes required everything goes directly into the Instant Pot.
- Time management: Complete meals are ready in a matter of minutes.
- Healthy cooking: The Instant Pots shorter cooking times may contribute to greater preservation of foods vitamins and minerals compared with other cooking methods.
- Great for meal prep, too: Instant Pots can make many meal prep staples quickly and easily, making your cooking for the week that much easier. You can safely cook meat, even if its frozen. Use it to make a weeks worth of shredded chicken for tacos, wraps, salads, and rice bowls, to make hard-boiled eggs for salads or snacking, and to make steel-cut oats or cooked beans from dry to ready!
How To Make Instant Pot Spaghetti With Meat Sauce
Recommended Reading: How To Steam In Instant Pot Duo
Instant Pot Beef Fajitas
Fantastic recipe to serve to big groups. With Instant Pot, you can make a huge batch of beef mince in one go. Keep it warm in the pot and have your tortillas and toppings to the side for DIY meal. A winner at parties!
Feeling healthy? Try this easy recipe of collard greens and bacon. You can also add broth to get a tasty gravy.
You can make a vegan recipe by taking out the bacon.
Classic Thai recipe you can make easily and serve with crushed peanuts and line just like in a street restaurant in Bangkok.
You can make with shrimp or tofu as well.
Diversify your breakfast with this super easy recipe.
Feel free to upgrade and add mushrooms, spinach, zucchini, parmesan, bacon, tomatoes and basically anything you like
Moist cake topped with caramelized brown sugar, butter, cherries and pineapple. Have a piece of this cake after a long day is one of the best things you can do in life
Looking for more? No problem! We have plenty of recipes below.
Moroccan Chicken And Cauliflower Stew
North-African spices cumin, ginger, and cinnamon combine with tomatoes to make the base of this healthy Instant Pot dinner recipe. The one-pot meal sears the chicken first before a quick 12-minute cook under pressure. Serve over hot couscous topped with parsley and toasted almonds.
Recommended Reading: How To Start Pressure Cooker Instant Pot
The Very Best Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot plus chicken equals the simplest, no-brainer kind of weeknight meal. Quick, easy and pretty healthy, these Instant Pot chicken recipes are all winners:
- Instant Pot Chicken Marinara. Instant Pot chicken marinara recipe is a 3-ingredient equation for dinner that goes something like this: chicken thighs + a jar of marinara sauce = dinners done.
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken. A rich, bold homemade teriyaki is the secret to this delicious Instant Pot chicken recipe.
- Honey-Balsamic Instant Pot Chicken. Chicken legs cook to tender perfection in a simple honey balsamic sauce, and the whole thing is ready in just 30 minutes!
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken. Were big fans of Indian butter chickenthat tender, tomato-y takeout favoriteand this Instant Pot version really delivers!
- Instant Pot Chicken. Say hello to the best Instant Pot chicken recipe ever! Whenever a recipe calls for perfectly juicy chicken, this is your go-to recipe!
Easy And Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 easy and healthy instant pot recipes that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Yogurt With Instant Pot
Instant Pot Beef Stew
The Spruce / Diana Chistruga
Comfort food isn’t often healthy, but this hearty beef stew packs in a lot of vegetables, few carbs, and can be made with lean beef or bison. It’s easy, tooafter the meat is browned in the Instant Pot the rest of the ingredients can be thrown in to cook together for about four hours. Serve as is or with a side of whole-grain bread to round out the meal.
Best Healthy Instant Pot Recipes For Meal Prep
These Healthy Instant Pot Recipes for Meal Prep are the easiest way to cook during the work week. Dump your ingredients and press start!
If you havent already bought an Instant Pot, this is your sign to go out and grab one . Its instantly going to become a game-changer when it comes to cooking and meal prep. Plus, most Instant Pot recipes require minimal clean-up, since everythings made in one pot!
Gain access to my free 4-week meal prep magic ebook!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription – in order to take part in the challenge you MUST press that confirm button! Check your “other” folder if you don’t see that confirmation email.In the meantime, add me to your contacts to ensure that you receive my Challenge emails
I rounded up the best Instant Pot recipes that are a lifesaver during the week. Whether you’re looking to make all your lunches to take to work during the week or dinners you can dump in then set and forget, you’re likely to find a few favourites to add to your weekly menu rotation. All of these recipes are super healthy and include vegetarian options plus some of the best Instant Pot chicken recipes around.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Spaghetti Squash In An Instant Pot
Classic Comfort Food Recipesin The Instant Pot
Weve got a real soft spot for comfort foodthe only downside is that it often takes a really long time to cook. But pressure cookingwhich is what an Instant Pot doesspeeds up the time between craving and satisfaction by a lot! For example, our Instant Pot mac and cheese cooks in just three minutes!
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese. Grab a bowl, because our Instant Pot mac and cheese recipe is ready in FIVE MINUTES.
- Instant Pot Ribs. Our Instant Pot ribs are nothing short of magical. Seasoned with loads of garlic, honey, chili paste and soy sauce, theyre absolutely irresistible.
Quick And Easy Instant Pot Chicken And Rice
Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is the perfect one-pot dinner recipe. A delicious comfort food to enjoy all year round! Make either chicken breast and white rice or chicken thighs and brown rice.
Save on time and dishes with this quick and easy recipe made entirely in the electric pressure cooker. Two of my most popular Instant Pot recipes areInstant Pot Riceand Instant Pot Chicken. So I decided to combine the two and make a one-pot meal out of both.
The advantage of a pressure cooker is that water doesnt evaporate. Grains like rice and chicken can be cooked together perfectly because you use less water for the rice while the chicken sits on top and gets cooked with just the steam. The result is a super-duper tender and juicy chicken and fluffy rice.
If you dont have an Instant Pot though, you can still enjoy this delicious recipe by making regular 1-Pot Chicken and Rice on the stove.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Chicken Soup In Instant Pot
How Is This Instant Pot Mongolian Beef Recipe Healthier
- No refined sugar: I used a little honey to sweeten it instead of brown sugar.
- Gluten free: I also opted to use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. Coconut aminos tastes just like soy sauce but doesn’t have any soy in it! If you don’t mind having soy in your diet you can definitely use soy sauce, but I love the coconut aminos! You can get it at any grocery store
- Greens: The broccoli in this recipe also makes it healthy and balanced. Broccoli is a really good source of vitamins K and C and it’s a great source of folate and provides potassium and fiber. Add that to the protein from the beef and you’ve got yourself a balanced meal!
How To Cook The Beef From Frozen
You can even make this recipe directly from frozen beef. It will take a few extra minutes to come to pressure. I love that about an instant pot! You can safely cook frozen beef in an Instant Pot without thawing which makes weeknight dinners so easy. Anyone else forget to defrost meat in the morning!?
The other recipe I love about this is it’s so healthy. I don’t know about you, but I don’t like as much brown sugar in my dinner as in an entire cookie recipe, so I stuck to a healthy ingredients for this Mongolian beef.
And everything in this recipe is healthy too!
Keto Chicken And Dumplings
Low carb keto gluten-free chicken and dumplings are comfort in a bowl! This Instant Pot pressure cooker chicken and dumplings recipe is easy and delicious. Wholesome Yum
#20 Instant Pot Veggie Tortilla PiePot Veggie Tortilla Pie is a delicious vegetarian Tex-Mex inspired recipe with layers of corn tortillas, zucchini, beans, corn, and cheese.Simply Happily Foodie
Why Youll Love This Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Its easy to make. Once you chop and sauté the vegetables, the Instant Pot does the rest.
- The recipe is easily adapted to use other veggies, so its perfect for cleaning out your refrigerators crisper drawer.
- It reheats wonderfully. The leftovers are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
We like to serve this Instant Pot vegetable soup with dinner rolls, yeast rolls, crackers, cornbread, or whole wheat bread and honey butter. Or pair a bowl of vegetable soup with a green salad for a classic soup and salad combination.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Chicken In The Instant Pot
Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken
“The is a great master recipe! It allows cooks some creativity , but is fabulous just as is. I made this using a whole chicken . I browned it on all sides after seasoning generously with salt and pepper. While it was browning, I popped the broth into the microwave then steeped a sprig of rosemary in the broth.
Can I Use Other Pressure Cookers To Make These Recipes
Yes you can! These easy Instant Pot recipes are suitable for any pressure cooker out there including Ninja Foodi, Crock-pot, Mealthy MultiPot and Power Pressure Cooker XL.
I make most of the recipes in my Instant Pot Duo 6-quart, so if your Pot size is different, you may need to make small adjustments to get a perfect result.
Also Check: Can You Overcook Chicken In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Here’s another fan favorite Instant pot recipe: creamy wild rice soup! This soup is oh so comforting, featuring white beans, carrots, mushrooms and wild rice. And, its vegan! Its naturally creamy using cashews blended with some of the soup to create a silky smooth texture. It makes for a filling and satisfying wild rice soup.
How Long Does It Take An Instant Pot To Release Pressure
This one depends on the recipe as well. Some will call for a Quick Release. Meaning, you can open the valve and release all the steam quickly. This will take about 1-2 minutes approximately.
If a recipe calls for a natural release, it will always give you a time for this. Often, I see a natural release of anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes. Meaning, you dont do anything. Once the cooking is done, you simply let it sit for the number of minutes indicated in the recipe. You will see the count down on your IP timer. Just be aware that there could still be steam in the pot. So once the natural release time is over, youll still want to open the valve BEFORE you open the lid. Otherwise, you could experience the explosion of a pressure cooker lid being shot off the cooker by the steam.
No matter what you do, ALWAYS open the valve BEFORE you open the lid.
Read Also: Is An Instant Pot An Air Fryer Too
Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food, especially during the cold weather months. We’ve made our special light version by swapping in zucchini noodles for regular noodles, which makes this recipe gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30-approved. Basically, the healthiest chicken noodle soup you could possibly have.
Get our recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup.
Instant Pot Tortilla Soup
Instant Pot Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup probably our readers favorite Instant Pot Recipe on the blog with just 25 minutes of pressure cooking and dinner is done! Simple and flavorful, this healthy dinner full of veggies and flavor and will make your tastes buds so happy! Garnish with avocado, lime and cilantro! Yum. Keto-friendly.
Authentic Instant Pot Tom Kha Gai Soup a healthy, delicious and easy dinner recipe that can be made in an Instant Pot or on the stovetop. Vegan Adaptable! One of my favorites!
Also Check: How To Naturally Vent Instant Pot