How Much Water Do I Put In The Pressure Cooker For The Meat
When using a pressure cooker, you should have enough liquid in the pan to increase the pressure and cook the food properly. The rule of thumb for pressure cooking liquids is to always add at least 1 cup of liquid, unless otherwise specified in the recipe. The liquid will help create enough steam to cook the food.
What Should I Serve With Pork Roast
Instant Pot Gravy is a great idea! You use the liquid that is left in the Instant Pot after you take out the roast. And you cook the gravy using the sauté function of the Instant Pot after the roast is finished cooking. That way, you dont dirty an extra pot!
What else to serve with the roast pork? If your oven is free, go ahead and make a batch of these amazing roasted potatoes too. Such a perfect dinner!
- Yield:46 servings 1x
Hi! Im Christine. My passion is creating recipes that take less time in the kitchen, so that we can all spend more time enjoying life! Im a busy single mom of two, so I totally get how tough it can be. Thats why Ive been figuring things out for my own family, and thats why I want to share this knowledge with others. I now help over 2 million people a month get delicious meals onto their tables. Come along with me and see how much easier it can be!
5 secrets to the Juiciest grilled meats!
Also Check: How To Clean A Instant Pot
What Ingredients Are In Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Boneless pork loin chops Use thick or thin. Can also use chops with bones if you prefer.
- Salt This spice enhances the flavor of the chops.
- Pepper Black Pepper which will give your pork chops a slight kick.
- Garlic Powder A delicious spice that gives pork chops a good flavor.
- Onion Powder Onions are a yummy compliment to the instant pot pork chops.
- Olive Oil This is a good oil to use in the instant pot to help sear the meat.
- Mushrooms Yummy to add to the gravy that goes over the chops.
- Onions The other yummy taste in the gravy over the pork chops.
- Bone Broth A lot of flavor as a base in your gravy.
- Cornstarch A thickening agent to turn the meat juice into a thicker gravy.
- Water An important ingredient to keep moisture in the instant pot.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Turkey Tenderloin In Instant Pot
How To Make The Best Instant Pot Pork Chops
This method is so simple, like making a one-pan dinner on the stovetop. Its just faster! And the pork chops come out so tender thanks to the pressure cooking. Yum!
Best Damn Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops
One inch thick, juicy, tender and delicious boneless pork chops made in your Instant Pot. Quite simply the best boneless pork chops ive ever made.Ive tried several pork chop recipes in the Instant Pot but honestly, have only had mediocre results. So I set out to try and make pork chops how they really should be browned on the outside, juicy and delicious on the inside. Sounds simple enough, right? Well after a dozen or so attempts, ive finally got down the perfect recipe.
Ive found the best boneless pork chops for the Instant Pot are one inch thick. Not only are they easy to come by at the grocery store, but they simply are the best thickness for pressure cooking.
Recommended Reading: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Can I Use Frozen Pork Chops
Storage And Reheating Tips
If youre not serving a crowd, put the cooked slices in a freezer bag or container, and save them for a busy day when you dont have much time to cook. A perfect meal prep idea! Instant Pot Turkey Breast is another one of my favorite meal prep recipes.
The pork should last 3-4 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw frozen pork overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat gently in the microwave, or lightly fry until warm.
Other pork recipes:
Recommended Reading: Why Does My Pressure Cooker Say Burn
How Long To Pressure Cook The Pork Chops In The Instant Pot
How long to cook pork chops in the Instant Pot depends on the cut, whether it is bone-in or boneless, and the thickness of the pork chops. Thin pork chops cook faster than the thick pork chops, and boneless pork chops cook faster than bone-in pork chops.
I would not recommend cooking thin boneless pork chops in an Instant Pot.
More Recipes Youll Love
- Season pork chops with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Turn Instant Pot on to SAUTEE. Add oil.
- Brown pork chops in batches, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add 1 cup broth to the Instant Pot and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. .
- In order, add sliced mushrooms, chopped onion, browned pork chops. Top with mushroom soup and parsley.
- Seal the lid and turn the Instant Pot to HIGH pressure for 15 minutes .
- Once done, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure.
- Remove pork chops from the gravy and set aside.
- Combine remaining broth and cornstarch in a small bowl. Turn the Instant Pot on to SAUTEE to bring gravy to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture a little bit at a time to reach desired consistency.
- Serve pork chops over mashed potatoes with gravy.
Don’t Miss: How Long To Cook Frozen Chicken Thighs In Instant Pot
Whats The Difference Between Pork Loin And Pork Tenderloin
It can be quite confusing when buying Pork Loin & Pork Tenderloin!
Though Pork loin & Pork tenderloin sound similar, they look quite different because theyre cut from different parts of the pork.
- Pork Loin : a larger, wide, flat meat from porks back boneless or bone-in lean, tender meatier than pork tenderloin
- Pork Tenderloin : a long, narrow muscle that runs along the backbone leanest, most tender cuts boneless
Even though theyre both lean cuts of pork, but they differ in size, thickness, and shape, theyre not easily interchangeable in recipes & cooking methods.
How To Make Baked Pork Chops In The Oven
No Instant Pot? No worries, its easy to make tasty pork chops in the oven. Just follow these steps:
Recommended Reading: Naturally Release Instant Pot
How To Make Tender And Juicy Instant Pot Pork Chops
If youve been on the hunt for a pork chop that is fork-tender, incredibly juicy, and full of flavor, stop right here. These onion gravy-smothered Instant Pot pork chops are everything youve dreamed of in a pork chop and more.
Using the one-pot power of an Instant Pot means these pork chops can be quickly braised in a rich onion gravy that makes for almost fall-apart tender pork chops that are anything but dry or flavorless. These smothered pork chops are dinner and a delicious sauce in one.
Also Check: Which Instant Pot Has The Recall
Easy Instant Pot Honey Pork Steaks Notes:
- The purpose of the trivet is to keep your meat off the bottom so it doesnt burn on the bottom, but still lets the meat cook in the ingredients without the need for a bowl since this recipe wouldnt fit in the bowl I use in my Instant Pot.
- It takes a bit for the sauce to thicken. Be patient, but also remember that it gets thicker as it cools.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our .
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all electric pressure cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own electric pressure cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Dont Miss: How Long Chuck Roast In Instant Pot
You May Like: Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Tenderloin Recipes
Cooking Frozen Pork Chops In 8 Different Ways
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure to learn more.
If you are one of those people with a busy lifestyle, cooking may be challenging. Your dinner plans shouldve been frozen pork chops. However, you forgot to remove them from the freezer. In this case, if you are searching for a solution, we have it right here.
There is a way that you can cook frozen pork chops and still save your dinner plans. Keep in mind that you need to cook the frozen meat longer than you need since the meat needs to be well prepared.
How can I cook frozen pork chops? Frozen pork chops can be cooked without a problem and here we have the solution for you.
You can thaw the pork chops before cooking, slow cook only if the meat is thawed, bake them in the oven, use the air fryer, pressure cooker, fire up the grill, use an instant pot or crockpot.
Read below tips and all of the methods of properly preparing the frozen pork chops.
Will Instant Pot Pork Roast & Gravy Freeze Well
The pork roast will freeze very well! I actually love having some on hand to use for various things. It works well in sliders, tacos, and over buttered noodles or mashed potatoes.
The only thing I would not recommend freezing are the mashed potatoes, as potatoes tend to discolor when frozen. Theyre easy and quick to make in your Instant Pot to go along with the Pork Roast and Gravy, though!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT RECIPES?
Read Also: Sushi Rice In Instant Pot
Read Also: How To Cook Frozen Meatballs In Instant Pot
Why Are My Swine Countries Instant
Pork chops are usually quite weak and become strong when overcooked. For best results, use bone-in pork chop, which is well marbled. The bone serves as a protective shield for the surrounding meat. A thicker piece of pork chop works best in the instant dish because it is less likely to overcook.
Create A Free Account To Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS
- Seasoning: You can add different flavors to the recipe using seasonings. For a garlicky flavor add minced garlic cloves, garlic salt, or garlic powder. You can also try out other seasonings like thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil, or red pepper flakes.
- Mushrooms: For delicious mushrooms in your Instant Pot Pork Chops toss in some sliced mushrooms to cook along with the gravy at the end.
- Sauce: You can experiment with the flavor of the pork chops with gravy by adding different sauce ingredients to the gravy mixture. Mix in the ingredients when youre adding the cornstarch to thicken the sauce. There are plenty of delicious flavors to try like Worcestershire sauce, mustard, or apple cider vinegar.
- Honey Pork chops: Try making Honey Pork Chops for a sweeter recipe. Add 2-3 tablespoons of honey to the sauce recipe before drizzling it over the pork chops. Another option instead of honey is mixing in some brown sugar.
- Creamy Pork Chops: To make more creamy pork chops, add thick creamy ingredients to the sauce like sour cream or heavy cream. The sour cream will add a bit of tang that the heavy cream wont, so it depends on the flavor you want in your sauce.
- Broth: You can exchange the chicken broth for beef broth, vegetable broth, or use low sodium chicken broth.
SIDES TO SERVE WITH PORK CHOPS
Also Check: What To Do When Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Cooking With An Instant Pot
Have you heard of the Instant Pot yet? I recently discovered this amazing device that offers up the ability to pressure cook, saute, slow cook and more all in one handy appliance. I bought one off Amazon and Ive been hooked ever since. It is my go-to for quick and easy dinners in no time. It makes cooking effortless. No really, its seriously amazing. It practically has a cult following now. Once you taste these easy Instant Pot BBQ Pork Chops that are ready in about 10 minutes, Ill make a believer out of you!
How To Cook Pork Loin In An Instant Pot
- First, I like to brown the meat. The nice thing is you can do this right in the pressure cooker. Just turn on the saute setting and, once its heated, add the oil and heat it up. Brown the meat in the oil so it develops a golden crust on all sides. Doing this will add a nice texture and amazing flavor!
- At this point, turn off the saute setting and remove the pork. There will be all kinds of browned bits on the bottom of the pot. Add the vegetable broth and you should be able to scrape up all of those bits, which is called degalzing a pan. This will prevent them from burning and will give the broth even more flavor.
- Cooking the pork with the vegetable broth will also help make it so juicy!
- Now its time to cook the pork! Place the meat back in the pot and secure the lid. Close the steam vent and set the manual option for 20 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the steam to release naturally for five minutes. Then, open the steam valve to release any remaining pressure.
Easy Pork Tenderloin In The Instant Pot quick and simple to make, tender, perfectly cooked, juicy and flavorful pork tenderloin cooked in a pressure cooker.
Just watch your cooking temperature do not overcook it. This is essential in order to achieve the perfect Instant pot pork tenderloin.
Also Check: Texas Brisket Instant Pot
Make This Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Keto
For keto pork tenderloin, use keto-friendly vegetables like turnips, carrots, Brussels sprouts, eggplant, or green beans instead of potatoes. Replace corn starch with your preferred keto thickener.
Since the goal is to limit carbohydrates, other options would be asparagus, zucchini, spinach, and tomatoes. Since these vegetables arent as thick as potatoes, it might be best to cook them on the side so they dont overcook in the Instant Pot with the pork.
Read Also: How Long To Cook Frozen Pork Loin In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Pork Chops With Honey Garlic Sauce
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
These Instant Pot Pork Chops are smothered with the most amazing honey garlic sauce. Tender, saucy and satisfying, youll want to add this recipe to your collection of favorites. Cook these pressure cooker pork chops from fresh or frozen, using bone-in or boneless pork chops.
Pork chops are an easy, family-friendly dinner. Theyre quick to prepare and can be dressed up with sauces and seasonings for a delicious homemade meal. These Instant Pot Pork Chops are among our most-loved pork chop recipes, along with these simple baked pork chops, flavorful pan seared pork chops and easy grilled pork chops.
These Instant Pot pork chops have quickly become one of my go-to Instant Pot recipes when I need an easy meal for my family. My kids love these pork chops, especially the honey garlic sauce!
Cooking pork chops in your Instant Pot takes just a few minutes of prep time. While the pork pressure cooks, you can get the rest of your meal on the table. Youll brown the pork chops right in your Instant Pot and then theyll pressure cook in the honey garlic sauce.
The luscious honey garlic sauce is a mouthwatering combination of sweet and savory flavor notes. Its a delish complement to thick, tender pork chops and so good drizzled over mashed potatoes on the side.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot