Easy Hainanese Chicken Rice
If you love Hainanese chicken rice, you need to make it with this easy yet delicious recipe in your instant pot using a pressure cooker or rice setting. Can be cooked using rice cooker too.
Easy Pressure Cooker Hainanese Chicken Rice
They say you cant visit Singapore without eating Hainanese Chicken rice. It is Singapores National dish. My addiction to Hainanese chicken rice was exacerbated when I lived in Singapore for 3 years. Dont be fooled by its pale appearance, this baby is anything but tasteless. Even my kids love Hainanese chicken rice. I used to not making it often because its a little bit of work, but ever since we own a pressure cooker , making this pressure cooker Hainanese chicken rice has been a breeze and so much faster! This pressure cooker Hainanese chicken rice has now become our weekly staple.
More Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
- How to Cook Sweet Potatoes in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops | THM S
- Low Carb Instant Pot Lemon Chicken
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
PS If you try this recipe, why not leave a star rating in the recipe card right below and/or further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback! You can also follow me on , or . for my email list, too!
What If The Chicken Is Not Cooked
Chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before safe to consume.
Once your cook time has elapsed and pressure has been released, check the internal temperature of your chicken breast. If less than 160 degrees, place the lid back on the pressure cooker and cook for an additional 2-5 minutes on high pressure.
If the chicken has reached 160 degrees, it will reach 165 degrees as it rests.
You May Like: Instant Pot Quick Release Not Working
Ingredients For Pressure Cooker Chicken Breast
You really need only chicken breasts and water. Everything else is up to your taste and what meal idea you are planning to use with your cooked Instant Pot chicken breast recipe.
If you are planning to eat cooked chicken breast alongside quinoa or brown rice and salad , I would pay attention to spices.
- Chicken breasts You can use fresh or frozen.
- Salt and pepper Simple seasonings so your chicken is a blank slate for recipes.
- Garlic powder If you wish, but not required.
- Dried herbs If you like, really it will depend on how you plan to use the chicken once it is ready.
Use one of these 5 chicken marinades to really ramp up the flavor of the chicken breast.
Simple Ingredients For A Fast Simple Chicken Breast Recipe
Nothing too fancy here. Actually, nothing fancy AT ALL. Just some really basic ingredients for making the best, basic Instant Pot chicken recipe ever. The herbs you use can be any mix of simple dried herbs that you have in the cupboard and that you love. We think Italian seasoning is especially nice, because with herbs like marjoram and parsley in the mix, its got a little extra oomph. But if all youve got is some dried oregano, thats OK too! The Instant Pot will still work its chicken-cooking magic, and youll still be blown away by how easy it is to cook chicken breasts this way.
- Chicken stock
- Italian seasoning, oregano, basil or thyme
- Garlic powder
Read Also: Instant Pot Quick Release Vs Natural
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
I tend to cook skinless boneless breasts most often, simply for the ease of it. And my method is so simple its scary:
Once the pressure cooker has finished the 10 minutes cooking time, simply flick the quick release the lever , allow the steam to escape, and use tongs to pull the chicken straight from the pot to a cutting board to shred, slice or dice for whatever means youre it preparing for.
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
& amp amp lt span data-mce-type=bookmark style=display: inline-block width: 0px overflow: hidden line-height: 0 class=mce_SELRES_start& amp amp gt & amp amp lt /span& amp amp gt & amp amp lt span data-mce-type=bookmark style=display: inline-block width: 0px overflow: hidden line-height: 0 class=mce_SELRES_start& amp amp gt & amp amp lt /span& amp amp gt
Looking for something to serve with this Instant Pot Roasted Chicken? Try these!
Read Also: C7 Instapot
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Place chicken breasts in the inner pot of the instant pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in 1 cup pineapple juice or chicken stock and season with minced garlic or garlic powder.
- Place lid on instant pot and be sure vent knob is pointed towards sealed.
- Set pressure cooker to the cooking time based on the size of chicken breasts. NOT how many chicken breasts you are cooking.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release of pressure. This is key to keeping your chicken breasts tender–don’t be tempted to do a quick release of pressure.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the liquid and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving or shredding.
How To Cook Fresh Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
- Add 1 cup water and place trivet on top.
- Lay chicken breasts in a single layer, sprinkle with spices and rub onto each other.
- Press Pressure Cook on High or Manual for 10 minutes under 2 thickness and 15 minutes over 2 thick breasts.
- Do Natural Release for 5 minutes and then turn pressure valve to Venting.
You May Like: Can You Put The Instant Pot Lid In The Dishwasher
Frozen Chicken In The Instant Pot
If you have an Instant Pot, then you probably already know that it is the little machine that can. It has literally transformed the way that so many of us cook , but I think that my favorite thing about the Instant Pot to date is the fact that it can cook meat from frozen.
Being able to cook a protein from frozen means that if I forget to move my frozen chicken from the freezer to the fridge to start thawing before I leave for work , dinner doesnt have to be completely scrapped for takeout! Instead, I can come home, pop that frozen chicken right into my Instant Pot, and continue on with my dinner plan.
How Long Does It Take To Cook A Whole Chicken In An Instant Pot
First, you can cook it fresh or frozen, which adds bonus points to it. The meat ends up being very moist and tender, just like it has been slow-roasted for hours. Also, you cant beat the convenience of being able to cook frozen meat in just under 2 hours, it takes way longer to defrost it.
Cooking time for Instant Pot FRESH whole chicken:
- 3 pounds = 18 minutes cooking time on High Pressure with a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release
- 3.5 pounds = 21 minutes cooking time on High Pressure with a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release
- 4 pounds = 24 minutes cooking time on High Pressure with a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release
- 4.5 pounds = 28 minutes cooking time on High Pressure with a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release
- 5 pounds = 33 minutes cooking time on High Pressure with a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release
Read Also: How To Cook Beets In Instant Pot
Related Pressure Cooker Recipes
I have a couple more chicken recipes that you wont want to miss, pressure cooker Chicken Paprikash has a wonderful smoky flavor and is an easy weeknight meal youll love.
My pressure cooker Chicken Puttanesca, is fancy enough to serve to guests but very simple to prepare and an easy weeknight dinner.
If you want something really, really quick then be sure to try my Pressure Cooker Firecracker chicken recipe, its very easy to make.
And lastly, my pressure cooker Moo Goo Gai Pan, is another quick recipe. It has a mild sauce, but the vegetables and chicken combined give is a really nice flavor and texture.
How Can I Use Instant Pot Chicken
Now that you have cooked chicken, what can you do with all the meat? Try out some of our favorite chicken breast recipes:
- Bring pizzaz to your pizza chicken Caesar it, or go wild with Barbecued Chicken Pizza or Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
- Top a leafy salad: add Instant Pot cooked chicken to any of your favorite salad recipes, like this contest-winning BLT Chicken Salad.
- Love your chicken salad: if youre a fan of creamy chicken salads for lunch, check out our best chicken salad recipes.
- Simplify your sandwiches: add to this Rotisserie Chicken Panini or kick it up with Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wraps, using your conveniently cooked chicken.
When youre ready to expand your skills past the Instant Pot, try our variety of chicken dinner ideas! For summer months, enjoy the outdoors and learn how to grill chicken breasts. Or, consider these slow-cooker chicken breast recipes.
Also Check: Defrosting Ground Beef In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
I love this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Breasts because I can use fresh or frozen chicken, its completely hands off, and yields perfectly cooked chicken in about 25 minutes.
Have you tried cooking chicken breast in your Instant Pot yet? It is so easy and yields juicy chicken breast you can enjoy for dinner, meal prepping, or use in any recipes that call for cooked or shredded chicken. Once you try it, theres a good chance you wont go back!
For this recipe Ive simply seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper but you can add whatever seasonings or spices that will enhance the flavor of the dish you are preparing.
How To Pressure Cook A Whole Chicken In An Instant Pot
Here are some simple step by step by step directions for cooking a whole chicken in your Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker, the full recipe is at the end of the post.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken From Frozen
- You can safely cook a whole frozen chicken in your Instant Pot. I have included full instructions for cooking a frozen chicken in the recipe below. I prefer to cook my chicken from fresh, but in a pinch this method works well.
- You will need to skip the step of browning the chicken, since you cant sear frozen meat.
- You will only need half of the amount of spice rub called for in the recipe.
- Pressure cook a frozen chicken for 13 minutes per pound at high pressure, plus 15 minutes natural release.
- A 4 pound frozen chicken will take 52 minutes, a 4.5 pound frozen chicken will take 59 minutes and a 5 pound frozen chicken will take 65 minutes.
- Check that the chicken has reached a safe internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F in the thickest part of the leg, not touching the bone.
Can I Stack Chicken Breasts In The Instant Pot
I tend to cook the most common boneless, skinless breasts just for simplicity. And my method is so simple its scary: Take the chicken breast out of the fridge or freezer and put it in the Instant Pot insert. To cook more chicken breasts at once, place the chicken side by side when frozen or stack them on top of each other when fresh.
Read Also: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
How many times have you come home and realized youve forgotten to pull the chicken from the freezer for tonights dinner? If youre like me, its way too many.
But since I discovered how to cook both frozen chicken breasts and/or fresh chicken breasts in the Instant Pot, those days are over.
It seems like all too often us recipe creators, aka food bloggers, get caught up in creating that totally unique recipe.
The recipe that intrigues.
The recipe that nobodys ever thought of before.
But the reality is, while those recipes are fun to bookmark and make every so often, its the basics for daily cooking that we really need. Like how to cook the basic boneless chicken breast, and how to cook it fast.
And once I started cooking chicken breasts STRAIGHT FROM THE FREEZER in my Instant Pot, I realized I needed to share with you how you can do the same.
So lets talk basics.
How Long To Cook Frozen Whole Chicken
The time it takes to cook a whole frozen bird in the Instant Pot depends on its weight, according to Yule.
But a good rule of thumb is to cook a frozen whole chicken for 10 minutes per pound. For example, a 4-pound frozen chicken will take 40 minutes in the Instant Pot on high pressure.
Allow for natural pressure release once cooking is done dont turn the steam release valve.
Don’t Miss: Reheat Soup
Seasoning The Chicken Thighs
Dark meat has more flavor than white meat, but seasoning is a must. You can simply season it with salt and pepper, but I recommend adding more flavors. In this recipe here Ive used paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
But feel free to use your favorite seasonings, I love this homemade fajita seasoning, Italian seasoning is also great, and if youre feeling adventurous then go for Middle Eastern flavors with this easy shawarma seasoning recipe.
Instant Pot Whole Chicken Cook Time
Cooking time varies with size of chicken. Below is a simple cooking time guide:1.5kg Manual pressure cook 25 minutes then 5 minutes natural pressure release.1.8kg Manual pressure cook 28 minutes then 5 minutes natural pressure release.2kg 30 minutes manual pressure cook and 5 minutes natural pressure release.
For food safety compliance, its important you check that the internal temperature of the chicken is atleast 165F . To ensure this, check by using meat thermomether.
Read Also: Does Instant Pot Turn Off Automatically
Juicy And Flavorful Chicken Ready In No Time
It’s no secret that rotisserie chicken is the key to making meal time easier. Save yourself time by adding leftover rotisserie chicken to meals throughout the week, or serve it all at once with some quick and easy side dishes for a meal that will feed the whole family. But before you head to the grocery store to pick up a rotisserie chicken, consider cooking a whole chicken yourself. This allows you to control the flavors and seasonings used on your chicken. The Instant Pot makes it so that you can cook a whole chicken in under an hour with only five minutes of prep work. Read on for step-by-step instructions on how to cook a whole chicken in the Instant Pot, plus more ways to use leftover chicken.
How to Cook a Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot: Step-by-Step
Learn how to season, sear, and cook a whole chicken in the Instant Pot, based on Instant Pot® Lemon Rotisserie Chicken recipe.
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
Ways to Use Leftover Chicken
First Comes The Chicken Next Comes The Broth
You can get even more bang for your buck by turning your leftover chicken bones into a nutritious and delicious broth.
If youre going to make bone broth save the bones by placing them into a freezer-safe container with a lid or a zip-top bag. They can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or placed in the freezer for longer storage.
We almost always go on to make chicken stock right away heres a tutorial and recipe for that but sometimes we dont have the time so we just toss the bones in the bone bag in the freezer. This bag is also a great place to toss the ends of celery, carrots, and onions so that when youre ready to make stock youre pretty much halfway there.
Recommended Reading: How To Boil Eggs In An Instant Pot