Troubleshooting And Tips For Success
- Make sure your salmon fillets are uniform in size, so they cook evenly. We bought fillets from Costco that were 6 oz. each and roughly the same size.
- Its perfectly OK to use skin-on fillets.
- Make sure the fillets arent overlapping each other, or you may get some under-cooked spots.
- If your salmon is especially large, add an extra minute or two onto the cook time
How To Make Mediterranean Instant Pot Rice With Tuna
As with most Instant Pot recipes, this is dinner made easy. Its all about dumping in your ingredients and letting the pressure cooker do the cooking.
Heres what youll need:
- 1 can of Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- Olive oil
- A jar of roasted red peppers
- Baby spinach
- Long grain white rice or basmati rice
- Kosher salt
- Fresh parsley
Heres what youll do:
What Are Tuna Steaks
While everyone is familiar with tuna sold in a can. Tuna is a saltwater fish
The original form is Tuna Steak, which is amazingly low in fat and high in Omega 3 fatty acids. Tuna actually has several ways it is served. The most common are canned, like steaks and raw for sushi.
There is a high level of mercury in tuna, so it is advisable that you only eat tuna once or twice a week.
You May Like: How To Cook Black Beans In Instant Pot
How To Cook Frozen Steak
For this recipe, first of all, you need an instant pot you can use 3 quarts or 8 quart instant pot. If you dont have an instant pot no big deal you can use your slow pressure cooker also for this tasty steak recipe. I will try to make a perfect instant pot steak and potatoes recipe for you that will change your taste ever. Using of potatoes makes your recipe perfect steak instant pot. Lets start to make the recipe.
How To Make Instant Pot Steak
- First, put the sliced onions in the instant pot.
- Second, add the round steaks or any cheap cut of meat on top of the onions.
- Next, you need a small bowl. Whisk together the vinegar and A-1 and pour over steaks.
- Now, it is time to season with steak seasoning.
- Finally, pour in the beef stock and remaining ingredients.
- Get out a piece of heavy duty foil. Set aside and dice the potatoes. Place on the foil.
- Add the seasoning to the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Top the potatoes with butter.
- Make sure to fold up the sides of the foil so that you make a foil pack. Put this on top of the steaks in the instant pot.
- Once everything is situated, add the lid and set the valve to sealing. Use the manual button and set to high pressure for 20 minutes.
- After the cooking time has finished, do a quick release for the pressure.; Please be careful of the steam while you are doing the pressure release.
- Take the foil pack potatoes out of the pressure cooker and toss to make sure the potatoes are coated in the butter and seasonings. You can use the saute function for this if you prefer.
You May Like: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
How To Sear The Tuna Steaks
The fact that the tuna is served medium-rare accounts for its extremely fast cooking time. Just marinate the tuna in a mixture of soy sauce, oil, salt, and pepper ;preferably for at least ten minutes, or overnight.
For a typical ahi tuna steak , sear on each side for about two minutes . I recommend using a nonstick skillet for this, or a very well seasoned;cast iron skillet .
Also, its important to get the pan SEARING hot before adding the fish. You want the outside to cook very quickly, while leaving the inside raw, so it should be as hot as possible before beginning to sear. I usually heat the pan for 3-5 minutes.
Let it rest for a few minutes, slice, and youre ready!
Instant Pot Steak Recipe
This instant pot steak is so juicy, flavorful and cooks in less than 15 minutes! Served with gravy made at the same time as the steak, fries or mashed potatoes and vegetables makes for satisfying, high protein, great weekend or midweek dinner. You can serve it on it’s own or with just gravy if you are on low carb or keto diet.
We love eating steak and meat generally especially when cooked right. When i say ‘we’ i mean i and my family. Meat forms a large part of our diet and i have numerous delicious meat recipes that i will continue to share with you as time goes on.There are different types of steak including ribeye steak, tenderloin, newyork strip, flank steak, skirt steak, lamb steak and the rest. You can use any of these for this recipe however it’s best to use steak that is atleast 1 inch thick.
I like my steak well done however i have included recipe variation for rare, medium done and welldone in this post. If you are the rare steak eater, you only need to use the saute button of the instant pot for this recipe and for medium done and well done eaters, you’ll use the saute and pressure cooker function of the instant pot pressure cooker for this recipe. I have also included how to make delicious gravy to go with the steak.
I used my instant pot duo 7 in 1 6 quart for this recipe but you can also make it in any other electric pressure cooker like ninja foodie, pressure king pro and others. The instant pot 6 quart fits 2 average steak at a time to serve 2.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Brown Rice In Instant Pot
Frozen Steak Instant Pot
Are you bored at home? Wants to try something good to eat. You are at the right place with the few simple steps and your frozen steak instant pot ready. Instant pot makes this very easy and quick. This is my favorite recipe ever and i love to eat this on Sunday. Lets get a start and check how to make this delicious frozen steak pot recipe.
Pressure Cooker Tuna Noodle Casserole
In fact youll love it more because it takes no time at all to make!!
Who doesnt love tuna noodle casserole?; It was a staple meal in my era. She also made what we call pressure cooker chicken and rice now. She had to use the stovetop back then though. Incorporating a vegetable was always important. So, peas are added to our tuna casserole but of course theyre optional if you arent a fan.
Mushrooms bring a great flavor to this cheap Instant Pot recipe too. Those are optional too if you want it just plain with no additional add ins.
- I want to say first off that the sauce does thicken as it stands.
Most pressure cooker recipes using a creamy sauce takes a few minutes to really thicken up. If you want that outcome then I suggest taking the lid off once its done and let it sit for 10 minutes or so.
- It will need a bit of time to cool before serving anyway so this will allow it to thicken up a bit.
You can always take some sauce out and into a small bowl and whisk some cornstarch into it too, then add back into the pot and stir to thicken it quicker.
I promise you though if you just give it a good 15 minutes to sit it will be as thick as you want it. The next day with some added cheese on top warmed up is a great lunchtime treat too.
Making Grilled Tuna Steak
How To Make Air Fryer Tuna Steaks
A full printable version of this recipe with ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
I recommend using wild-caught ahi tuna in this recipe. Wild-caught fish tends to contain more flavor and nutrients.
- Pull your raw tuna steaks out of the fridge.
- Put together your marinade by combining the soy sauce, minced ginger, rice vinegar, honey, and sesame oil. I like to mince my ginger by using an inexpensive Microplane.
- Add the air fryer tuna steak to the marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
- You can also make this recipe without marinating the tuna keep reading below to find out.
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees.
- Remove tuna steaks from marinade, shaking slightly to remove excess marinade, and place inside the air fryer.
- Cook for 4 minutes then remove from the air fryer and let rest for about 5 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds if desired and enjoy!
Genova Changes The Game With Canned Tuna
Anything canned is meant to be convenient, but quality matters too! Which is why Genova has become a go-to for canned tuna in this house. Their cuts are hand-filleted and give us a rich and clean flavor that will definitely kick recipes up a few notches. Which is exactly what happened with this Mediterranean Instant Pot Rice with Tuna. A lesser quality canned fish would have easily gotten lost in this dish. But with Genovas large fillets, the tuna is the star.
Side Dishes The Go With Tuna
Here are a few of my favorite side dishes to make with these ahi tuna steaks.
These tuna steaks have been one of my quickest meals to get on the table to date. As long as kids are occupied I can have our entire dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes. If you love Ahi Tuna and want to enjoy it in the comfort of your own home I highly suggest you give his recipe for Ahi Tuna Steaks a try!
If you make this Shrimp and Crab Boil recipe, I would be honored and love for you to take the time to leave a star rating and comment! I spend hours developing and testing these recipes, and always love to hear feedback and user experience!
Dont forget to FOLLOW ME on , , and , and subscribe to my email list!
Easy Tuna Steak Recipe
With no time to spare I threw 4 FROZEN tuna steaks in my pressure cooker, dumped in 3T. lemon juice, 2 T. soy sauce and about 1/3C. white wine. I dropped the steamer basket on top of the steaks and tossed in a bunch of fresh green beans, I just rinsed and left them whole. I locked the lid on the cooker and timed it for 4 minutes.
Instant Pot Penne With Fresh Tuna And Cherry Tomatoes
It might not feel exactly like Spring, but this easy, one-pot pasta from my latest cookbook Instant Pot Italian is light, herby and just the ticket for busy weeknights when you need a meal on the table fast. Dried penne, cherry tomatoes, and fresh tuna steaks all cook at the same time under low pressure in the Instant Pot, so dinner is done with minimal mess and very little time. When you unlock the lid, the mixture will look slightly soupy, but by the time you slice the basil and zest the lemon, it will thicken up and be perfect by the time you sit down to eat. Be sure to buy fresh tuna steaks that are at least 1 1/2 inches thick so the fish wont be overcooked when you break it up into the pasta.
Got questions? Email me! Got praise? , youre not only giving me warm fuzzies, youre also helping others find a good book! Thanks!
Instant Pot Penne with Fresh Tuna and Cherry Tomatoes
12;ounces;penne pasta;dry and uncooked
1;small;sweet onion;halved lengthwise and thinly sliced through the root end
1/3;cup;oil-cured olives;pitted and halved
1/4;teaspoon;red chile flakes
Salt and pepper
1;;tuna steak;about 1½thick
1/2;cup;fresh basil leaves
1 1/2;teaspoons;lemon zest;finely grated
2;tablespoons;fresh lemon juice
How To Make Steak With Slow Pressure Cooker
If you dont have an instant pot to make frozen steak you can use your slow pressure cooker. Here are some steps you need to follow to make this recipe easy.
This recipe will save you time and money. This is recipe will cost you very cheap.
Instant Pot Tuna Noodle Casserole
Once youve made this you should try these other Instant Pot dinner recipes
- Pressure cooker lasagna recipe is an easy way to make a lazy lasagna style dish.
- Instant Pot taco casserole you can see below. It is creamy and hearty with ground beef or sausage.
- Tasty;Pressure cooker Dorito casserole is something your kids will love
Yes the cook times seems short, but egg noodles dont need long to pressure cook. I assure you if you follow these super easy instructions it will be a hit.
Time needed:;6 minutes.
Instant Pot tuna casserole
Place all ingredients except for half and half and cheese into your Instant Pot and gently stir together.
Put lid on and close steam valve. Set to pressure high pressure for 3 minutes. Do a quick release and open the pot.
Slowly stir in half and half and cheese . Put lid back on ajar and allow to sit for about 3 minutes so it can thicken up and cheese can melt.
Then take lid off. The longer it sits the thicker it will become. Serve topped with fried onions!
You can skip the last part but Im telling you, this quick and easy recipe goes from good to our of this world with these babies on top.
How long is tuna casserole good for?
Tools Used To Make This Recipe
Air fryer.;Perfect for making fried food with little to no oil and also gives you the convenience of a small convection oven.;
Mixing bowls.;This set has a cover, which makes it double function as a mixing bowl and storage container.
Instant Meat Thermometer: Takes the temperature in just 2 to 3 seconds.