Making Freezer Meals Even Easier
With the release of the Freezer Meals for the Instant Pot eBook, I want to make things as easy as possible for you with making the freezer meals!
The master grocery list has everything youll need to create your freezer meals on prep day!
It can be overwhelming to make a list from all of the individual recipes, so I compiled them altogether into one list for you! The grocery list is labeled into sections of the grocery store to make it even more efficient.
Just screen shot it the recipe or print it out so that you have it handy when you grocery shop.
Feel free to omit any of the pantry items from your shopping list that you may already have in your cupboards.
Healthier: Healthy Choice Grilled Chicken And Broccoli Alfredo
If you’re craving a dish from your favorite Italian restaurant, then this Grilled Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo meal from Healthy Choice might do the trick. Though the sodium count is a little high at 600 milligrams, it’s got 28 grams of protein to help hold you over to the next meal. It’s also low in saturated fat and in sugar.
Healthiest: Evol Chicken Enchilada Bake
Enchiladas are just one of many great Mexican food recipes, and you can enjoy them guilt free in Evol’s chicken enchilada frozen meal. Low in calories but high in protein, it can satisfy your craving for something a little spicier without being outrageously high in sodium. At 500 milligrams, it’s less than a quarter of the daily recommended maximum.
Recommended Reading: 8 Quart Instant Pot Duo
Compliment Frozen Meals With Smart Side Dishes
An easy way to make any frozen meal healthier? “Look for options in the house that are easy to pair with you meal,” Kirkpatrick says. “For example, do you have a frozen pasta meal that you can add in more protein, like a chicken breast, or wild salmon filet? Are you choosing a frozen pizza? Then you can consider pairing with a colorful salad or a bowl of sautéed broccoli.”
Cedarlane Foods Adobo Chicken Paleo Bowl
“If you’re looking for a grain-free or paleo option, try this bowl featuring chicken breast, cauliflower rice, kale, and spinach,” Brissette says. “It also contains apple cider vinegar, which could help you keep your blood sugar levels in check.” The best part: “This low calorie bowl is only 190 calories, 550 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein, and 0 g added sugars,” she says.
You May Like: How To Cook Meat With Instant Pot
Can I Refrigerate Chicken After Cooking
Allow the chicken to completely cool and store in airtight containers or freezer bags free from air. Make sure to use it up within two days to be safe and to maintain the best flavor and texture.
I hope we answered the question: Can you put frozen meat in an Instant Pot for you here!!
- The answer is a resounding YES!!
- You can even cook Instant Pot frozen ground beef if youve forgotten to defrost it beforehand.
To be completely honest, it is BEST to use thawed fresh meats but these tips are great when youre in a bind.
- If youre making something like a soup or our VERY well known Instant Pot chili you probably wouldnt know the difference. Fresh or defrosted hamburger using this method work great. Frozen ground sausage works too with this technique.
Want to see a few of my favorite things that I am totally obsessed with?? Take a peek and see how many you might already havetwinsies!
Then sign up for my free newsletter, and !
***** If you LOVED this recipe give it 5 Stars below and let everyone know what you thought about it.
I hope this helps you make a lot more new InstaPot recipes.
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Thighs
These turn out fantastic as well. The cheapest part of the bird usually, I use them often because of their price, how tender they get, the fact they offer tons of flavor and the list goes on.
- If you too want to cook frozen chicken thighs in Instant Pot, I share that info here for you too.
- Use either piece or pieces so you too can make an amazing dinner tonight!!
Also Check: How To Open Instant Pot
Look For High Quality Real Food Ingredients
“Check out that ingredients list, and opt for a frozen meal that contains plenty of vegetables, lean protein such as chicken or fish, or plant-based protein such as beans, peas, or lentils, and some whole grains rather than refined grains that are lower in fiber and other nutrients,” Brissette says.
Sweet Earth Curry Tiger
“This vegan entree is 360 calories and serves up an impressive 19 g protein and 8 g fiber, along with 360 mg of sodium and 5 g of added sugars,” Brissette says. And “It’s packed with plant-based nutrition from lentils, broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, brown rice and quinoa. Plus, spices such as cinnamon and turmeric may give this meal additional anti-inflammatory properties.”
Buy It: $4.29 Target
Also Check: How To Cook Beans In Instant Pot
Great Value Frozen Meals Whole30 Approved
You mightve heard the big announcement from the Whole30 team about these meals and their partnership with Walmart, and Ive been seeing them all over ever since.
- Meals: Chicken Coconut Curry, Harvest Chicken, Indian Butter Chicken, Mediterranean Chicken, Orange Chicken, Pesto Chicken, Rosemary Chicken, and Barbecue Chicken.
My favorites: Coconut Chicken Curry and Orange Chicken
- The price point is great, and the accessibility is amazing. Because Walmart is a grocery giant, youll always have access to convenient Whole30 approved frozen meals no matter where you live. Thats really important!
- I really appreciate the variety of meals offered. Even though theyre all currently using chicken as the protein, the flavors and vegetables used are different enough that you could eat one a week
- Whole30 has also required that by 2024, the chicken will meet much higher standards. You can read more about that on their blog.
- At 10 oz., the serving size is a little smaller than Id prefer. Theyre fine for a meal in a pinch, but I usually need to add some extra elements in order to feel satiated and make it to the next meal.
- Every meal uses chicken as the protein. This doesnt bother me at all, but it might if youre not a chicken person or if you prefer a little more variety.
- The sodium content is higher in these meals than the others. I dont worry about it too much, but thats a consideration for some.
Where to Buy Great Value Whole30 Frozen Meals:
Frozen Corn & Potato Chowder
Instant Pot Potato Corn Chowder is a quick and easy gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan soup recipe that is full of flavor! One reason this is so quick to make is because of the frozen corn used. The amount of time you save by simply opening up a bag of frozen corn versus making a mess cutting up ears of corn in your kitchen is worth the slight difference in freshness.Recipe from Evolving Table.
Don’t Miss: Best Instant Pot For 2 People
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Legs
But wait there is more!! Want to make Instant Pot frozen chicken legs too? The kids usually say this is their favorite part of the bird so why not?
We have a few more ideas for you here though if you want to start meal planning for the week:
- If youre looking for how to cook Instant Pot frozen salmon, we have done that too!
- Want to cook a frozen roast in Instant Pot too? Seriously this is a game changer too. So tender in very little time.
- Frozen pork loin in Instant Pot instructions are here.
If you just got your device you can read more about how to use an Instant Pot here. Then go to my Instant Pot recipes tab and try a few of my dishes. I only cook easy meals so do not be intimidated.
The video in this post shows you how we made frozen chicken in the Instant Pot. Then you can follow these instructions to make electric pressure cooker chicken sliders with it after they were done.
You can use your Instant Pot chicken to make soft tacos too!
And then lets try some Crockpot frozen chicken. A great way if youre batch cooking a lot all at a time.
Daily Harvest Brussel Sprouts And Lime Pad Thai Harvest Bowl
The best way to describe Daily Harvest? It’s food that tastes fresh even though it’s been frozen. Not only are their harvest bowls hearty enough to be a satisfying family-friendly vegan meal, they’ll be delivered right to your door. And if you’re not a fan of pad Thai flavors, there are plenty of other options like Sweet Potato Wild Rice Hash or Butternut Squash Kale Shakshuka to choose from, too.
Buy It: $8.99 Daily Harvest
Read Also: Crock Pot Instant Pot Recipes
Southwestern Instant Pot Chicken & Rice
Rice, beans, and chicken this is a combo you just cant go wrong with if you want filling, fast, cheap, and healthy. Say what? Its a rare combination, but its true. You can make it dairy-free, serve it on its own, or pair with tortilla chips. This recipe even includes instructions on freezing them in single-serving portions and how to re-heat. Win! Recipe from Meaningful Eats.
Amazon Fresh Grocery Shopping
For those lucky ducks that live near a Whole Foods and have , you have access to another amazing online grocery shopping resource! .
Whole Foods has online selections of fresh organic produce, organic meat, canned goods, etc through and they deliver!
It just doesnt get any easier than that, except for getting an in-home chef that does all the cooking for you. Does offer that service yet? How about automatic self-loading dishwasher? Im first in line for that one.
Save the Instant Pot freezer meal grocery list below to your recipe app or print it out and take it to the store with you!
Don’t Miss: Kohl’s Instant Pot
Petes Paleo Most Are Whole30 Compliant
Petes Paleo offers a huge selection of Paleo meals. Some are shipped fresh and ready to eat, and their Eat What You Love collection is shipped frozen. Since this is all about Whole30 and Paleo frozen meals, thats the collection of meals Ill be focusing on.
Price: $15.25 $18.25 with Free ShippingMeals: Change on a weekly basis.
Note: I havent tried this service myself so I cant speak to the taste or quality myself, although Ive heard really good things over the years.
- The convenience of having meals delivered to you wherever you need them is really wonderful.
- They use seasonal, fresh ingredients, and provide a ton of variety because they change their menu offerings every single week! This totally helps with food boredom and burnout.
- Each meal does NOT have a list of ingredients available to view on their website, so it isnt super easy to figure out which meals are Paleo and which are Whole30 compliant. If you have some flexibility, that wont make a difference, but if youre completing a Whole30, it definitely does.
Where to by Petes Paleo
If youre looking for more Whole30 & Paleo deliciousness, check out my FREE Whole30 e-cookbook or my 4 Week Whole30 Meal Plan!
Instant Pot Chili With Beef & Chorizo
This paleo chili might be lacking in legumes, but you wont miss them with a juicy, mouth-watering blend of both beef and chorizo. As they cook, the juices infuse the chili with an unparalleled flavor youll definitely look forward to digging into one of those nights you just cant cook from scratch! Perfect to add to your list of Instatnt Pot freezer meals!
You May Like: Instant Pot 4 Quart
Instant Pot Pot Roast
Pot roast makes a good freezer-friendly meal because you can tuck it away in a bag with its braising liquid, helping to retain that gorgeous flavor even months down the road. It will pair up well with freshly cooked veggies and potatoes down the line, or you could freeze those too! Recipe from Gluten Free Pressure Cooker.
Instant Pot Vegan Bolognese
If you love homemade Italian cuisine, you must try this vegan bolognese recipe. This meat-free version is made with red lentils and mushrooms, pressure cooked in a gorgeous, rich tomato sauce. Youll be surprised by how satiating and hearty this dish is, making it a worthy rival to its traditional meaty cousin.
Do you do freezer batch cooking? If not, maybe these recipes will inspire you to make some meals ahead of time. Make sure to share as we spread the word about how much simpler the Instant Pot makes a life!
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Instant Pot Model
Paleo On The Go Whole30 Approved
I have to confess, I havent tried these meals yet, but theyre definitely on my list to try soon. If youve tried them, please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts!
- Price: Ranges from $12.50 for Butternut Squash Soup to $22.95 for Beef Stew
- Meals: Tom Kha Gai, House Burger, German Brats, White Chicken Chili, Shrimp Pad Thai, Coq Au Vin, Turkey Tetrazzini, Beef Short Ribs and more.
- There are a ton of options to choose from, and they very clearly label AIP, Keto, and Whole30 compliant options to make it easy to choose what works for you. If you have different dietary needs in your family, this service works well because you can choose some of each.
- Nationwide delivery means it gets delivered right to your doorstep!
- Although they offer product bundles and subscriptions to help bring the cost down slightly, the price is significantly higher than other options, which puts this out of reach for a whole lot of folks.
Where to Buy Paleo on the Go
Healthiest: Saffron Road Teriyaki Chicken With Soba Noodles
The first four ingredients of this bowl are vegetables, including bok choy and broccoli. Still, it provides 18 grams of protein and 10 grams of fat, most of which is unsaturated fat . The teriyaki sauce, unlike sauce from your typical Chinese takeout, isn’t completely loaded with added sugar and sodium. The bowl has a total of 280 calories.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Xl Air Fryer
Instant Pot Frozen Whole Chicken
Imagine putting a whole frozen chicken in Instant Pot and having tasty rotisserie-style chicken in under an hour. Just rinse frozen chicken so oil and then spices will stick to it. Wash sink after rinsing. When your done cooking the chicken you will have flavorful golden liquid broth at the bottom to make soup! Recipe from iFood Real.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
Beef stroganoff is another meal thats simple to put together, and pairs up with so many different sides, so it will be a good choice no matter what you have handy. Steamed potatoes, plain rice, pasta, cauliflower rice, or any veggie this is the flavourful, protein-packed main component to anything you throw together.
Recommended Reading: What To Make In Instant Pot
Quest Pizza Thin Crust Uncured Pepperoni
“I love the Quest pizza line because they are so satisfying and delicious,” Kirkpatrick says. “They keep me full and have the protein I am typically looking for at lunch or dinner to maintain muscle and assist with weight loss. With 28g of protein and 19g fiber, it’s hard to find anything even close to it on the pizza market,” she explains.
Buy It: $6.96 Walmart
Freeze Your Meals In Round Containers To Fit Perfectly
We typically steer you toward using freezer bags and laying them flat to freeze as they take up less space in the freezer. But if you freeze your meal in a round container, then you can pop it out and right into the Instant Pot. 64 ounces should be the right size for four servings . This works best for soups, stews, or anything else that will easily fill the space.
Also Check: How To Steam Crab Legs In Instant Pot
Easy Freezer Dump Meals For Your Instant Pot
If youre like me, you find yourself scrambling around at 2 p.m. looking for something to put together for dinner. Many times we just end up eating pizza or fast food. I absolutely adore these freezer dump instant pot meals to really help cut down on the number of meals we eat out. I try to make sure that I put a bag of frozen veggies into each meal or cook some veggies as a side. This is a great way to get a home-cooked meal and save TONS of money each month. I absolutely love my Instant Pot! I have the 6 quart Instant Pot and it is plenty big for anything that I want to cook in it. You can get one here.
Healthiest: Trader Joes Chicken Burrito Bowl
There are so many products at Trader Joe’s that customers love and this chicken burrito bowl is likely one of them, especially for health-conscious shoppers. Made with chicken, brown rice, black beans and other Southwest-style flavors, it’s high in protein and under 400 calories. When you can’t eat out at your favorite Mexican restaurant, it’s a good alternative.
You May Like: Instant Pot 8 Quart 10-in-1