How To Cook Jasmine Rice In The Instant Pot
How Long Should You Cook Jasmine Rice
When you use a rice cooker, it takes around 20-30 minutes.
If you use an instant pot, people normally push the manual button and adjust time for 5 minutes at high pressure and natural release pressure. However, I like to use 6 minutes because sometimes I am in a rush, I will do a quick release after manual 6 minutes and the rice is perfectly cooked.
Do You Have To Soak Jasmine Rice Before Cooking
It is not really required to soak jasmine rice before pressure cooking in Instant Pot.
However, it is highly recommended to rinse rice before cooking. This helps to remove starch, harmful chemicals and, any dirt or debris. Rice should be rinsed with cold water 2 – 3 times until the water runs clear.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Code Burn
Jasmine Rice In An Instant Pot: The Secrets Revealed
Preparing jasmine rice in an instant pot will change the way you think about rice! There are several varieties out there to please your palate. Jasmine rice is one of these.
Whats even better is that you can make the rice in an instant pot or slow cooker.
Jasmine rice is long-grained, with a somewhat different flavor, texture, and aroma than your usual kind. The aroma is a mix between butter popcorn and floral while the texture is sticky and soft when cooked.
Its flavor is nutty and sweet but the nutritional profile makes this rice an even better choice.
- PART OF A CLEAN FOOD DIET to Serve our Families. Eco-farmed under strict organic standards. No added colors or…
- GENUINE ORGANIC RICE BERRY RICE FROM THAILAND. Certified by: USDA, Canada Organic, EU Organic, Thailand FD, and IFOAM…
- HIGH IN FIBER, RICH IN ANTIOXIDENTS AND ANTHOCYANIN, which gives riceberry rice its dark purple color. Contains high…
Lets have a closer look at this awesome staple and how you can cook the perfect jasmine rice in an instant pot.
Jasmine Rice Vs Basmati Rice
Jasmine and basmati rice are both long-grain varieties, but there are some important differences.
Basmati rice is mostly used in India and Pakistan. It also has a stronger flavor and a firmer texture than jasmine rice.
It has a stronger aroma as it cooks and finer grain. If you want to eat rice with a sweet flavor and a delicate consistency, this is the one for you.
Read Also: Pot To Boil Milk
What To Serve With Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
Rice is a staple in so many cuisines because it literally goes with EVERYTHING. If theres no other grain or pasta in the dish, rice can totally get in the mix.
Skip the stovetop completely and make these cauliflower taco bowls in the air fryer!
Make Mexican night memorable with tofu sofritas bowls. You can even add a little lime juice and cilantro to the pot after cooking for a copycat Chipotle burrito bowl.
Love carbs? Im with you. These vegan burritos are stuffed with rice, cheese, beans, corn, and peppers for a super flavorful meatless burrito.
Also Check: Ground Beef Instant Pot Frozen
Dont Keep Your Rice In Instant Pot Too Long
It is very common for people to keep their food items in their Instant Pots for longer than the recipe calls for. It keeps the food warm, it is a good vessel for temporary storage, and it prevents the food from going bad. The problem with this practice is that it overcooks the food, and rice is no different. When rice is left in the Instant Pot for too long, it begins to stick to the sides or get charred on the bottom. It also makes the texture of the rice become sticky or mushy. Overall, dont do it.
Recommended Reading: Boil Potatoes Instant Pot
What If My Rice Is Too Mushy
You most likely used too much water. 1:1 water to rice ratio is essential for all rice types.
Use the exact same container to measure both rice and water. Some cups are standard American , others are metric and the little plastic cup that comes with the Instant Pot is neither . So do not use different measuring cups to measure rice and water.
Do You Need To Wash Or Rinse Jasmine Rice
It is definitely recommended to rinse rice before cooking because it helps remove dirt and debris in the rice and also remove excess starch on the grains. Make sure to note that if your jasmine rice is made with enriched nutrients like iron, niacin, or folic acid, washing too much of your rice will wash away these nutrients.
Also Check: Frozen Meatballs And Sauce In Instant Pot
How Long Do You Cook Jasmine Rice In The Electric Pressure Cooker
The rice is done after a cooking time of 4 minutes and a natural release of 10 minutes. And that’s it, you guys! Perfect jasmine rice every time!
This is for 2 cups of jasmine rice, but the cook time is the same for 3 cups or 1 cup. Oh, as bonus, your house will smell amazing. Think of it as a natural air freshener!
Instant Pot Jasmine Rice That Comes Out Perfect Every Time
Many people dont realize that an Instant Pot is a perfect tool for cooking rice. Since it builds up steam inside of a closed vessel, it acts just like a stand-alone rice cooker would. Thats good news if you want to limit the number of kitchen appliances you have!
Quickly read through the following steps to make jasmine rice in the Instant Pot that comes out fluffy and just right every time! No rice sticking on the bottom of your pan, no having to add more water during cooking, no under-cooked grains. Just perfectly cooked rice, every time.
You May Like: How To Cook Dried Hominy In Pressure Cooker
Tips For Making Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
- You can adjust this recipe to make more or less rice, just make sure you match 1 cup of rice with 1 cup of water. Also, keep in mind how big of an instant pot youre using, because rice will fluff up as it cooks. If you make 1-3 cups of rice, you can reduce the cooking time to 5 minutes. If you make more, keep it on 10.
- If you want to add more flavor to your rice, replace the water with broth.
- Add a tablespoon or two of butter to the rice to make it less sticky once you stir it at the end.
- Never forget to rinse the rice, or it will burn!
- If your instant pot has a rice setting, you can use that too. Just remember to adjust the timing.
- You can make this in a regular pressure cooker, but I tend to like the instant pot better because it has more safety features.
- If your rice is too watery, put the top back on the lid and set for an additional 5 minutes. It is either undercooked, or too much water was added at the beginning.
- For some extra flavor, turn the instant pot on the saute setting and toast the rice in some butter first, stirring frequently, until it is fragrant. Then add the water, stir one last time, and set it to cook.
What Does Jasmine Rice
Jasmine rice is a long grain. In Chinese, literally means Thai fragrant rice or Thai aromatic rice. Besides, it has aroma compounds and will disappear within a few months. Therefore, most people prefer each year’s freshly harvested new crop. After the rice is cooked, its moist, soft and slightly sweet.
Don’t Miss: Instant Pot Medium Grain White Rice
How To Make Jasmine Rice In Instant Pot
1) Wash the rice till water runs clear then add rice in the inner pot of the instant pot pressure cooker.
2) Add water and salt then cover the pot safely with its lid. Turn the valve into sealing position.
3) Set instant pot to manual pressure cook 4 minutes and when done, do 10 minutes natural pressure release.
4) When instant pot is depressurised, open the instant pot pressure cooker.
5) Fluff rice and serve.
Dont Miss: Insta Pot Tamales
How To Cook Jasmine Rice In The Rice Cooker
You May Like: Meat Setting Instant Pot
Ingredients For Instant Pot Jasmine Rice:
You just need three simple ingredients for this recipe!
- Jasmine Rice: make sure to thoroughly rinse the rice with cold water to rid it of any excess starch.
- Water or Broth: use water if you want the flavor of jasmine rice to really stand out. Use broth if you want to add more flavor to the rice.
- Salt: if youre using broth instead of water, youll want to reduce the amount of salt you use. Remember, you can always add more but you cant take any out!
More About Jasmine Rice Pilaf Instant Pot Recipes
INSTANT POT BEEF AND RICE PILAF OLGAS FLAVOR
FromEstimated Reading Time
- Turn on the Instant Pot. Using the Saute function on the Instant Pot, adjust the heat to More. Add the oil and when the oil is hot, brown the beef in batches, until golden brown on both sides.
- Dont crowd the beef. If you add too much beef, it will begin to steam and you wont get a sear on the meat. As you brown on batch of meat, remove it from the Instant Pot and set it aside in another bowl. If the bottom of the Instant Pot starts to burn, pour in a bit of water, scrape out the burned bit, pour out the water, wipe out the inner chamber and start again.
- When you start a new batch of beef browning in the Instant Pot, add a bit more oil, enough to cover the bottom of the pot, and heat it up until the oil is shimmering again before adding the beef. This should happen very quickly.
- When you have browned all the beef , add more oil, if needed, heat it again and add the onions, carrots and garlic. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
FLUFFY INSTANT POT RICE PILAF RECIPE BAKE ME SOME SUGAR
FromEstimated Reading Time
INSTANT POT TURMERIC JASMINE RICE
FromEstimated Reading Time
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY INSTANT POT JASMINE RICE | DIETHOOD
SIMPLE AUTUMN RICE PILAF | DONTWASTETHECRUMBS.COM
FromEstimated Reading Time
INSTANT POT RICE PILAF LIFE MADE SIMPLE
Recommended Reading: Meatballs Instant Pot Frozen
How To Use The Rice Button On The Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is a type of pressure cooker that comes with a built-in rice button setting, however, I like to use the manual setting to control the amount of cook time. The Instant Pot rice setting automatically cooks the rice for about 10-12 minutes and then you let the pressure release. However, for this recipe I only cook the rice for about 4 minutes, so using the rice setting for jasmine rice would really overcook it.
The Key To Perfect Instant Pot Rice
The key to making perfect rice in the Instant Pot is matching the type of rice with the appropriate amount of water and cooking time. Sounds simple right? Heres the catch: because pressure cooking releases less steam than conventional stove-top or electric rice cookers, you actually need less water. To make perfect Instant Pot jasmine white rice, use a rice to water ratio of 1:1 That means for every 1 cup jasmine white rice, use 1 cup water. This amount is about 25% less water than you typically use when making rice in a rice cooker. When I made my first Instant Pot rice, I used the same water ratio as for my rice cooker. The results: mushy rice. Doh!
You May Like: Reheat Frozen Tamales In Oven
Ingredients To Cook Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
Cooking jasmine rice in the Instant Pot is simple once you know the right ratio of rice to water plus the correct cooking time. Weve listed all the information here for you so you can make it just right every time.
To make light and fluffy jasmine rice in the Instant Pot, you will need:
- Uncooked jasmine rice
Thats all it takes. Some recipes will call for added oil or salt in the Instant Pot, but you dont need those. If youd like to flavor your rice with seasonings, butter, ghee, or oil, do so after it comes out of the Instant Pot.
How Long To Cook Jasmine Rice In The Instant Pot
It depends on the variety of the rice, as follows:
Pressure cooker jasmine rice cooks in about 3 minutes.
Instant Pot jasmine rice takes around 20-22 minutes on high pressure.
Note: If you are making rice cooker jasmine rice, it will take about 15 minutes to cook, a similar timeframe as when cooking it on the stovetop.
Recommended Reading: Sirloin Tip Roast Instant Pot Recipe
What Is The Difference Between Jasmine Rice And White Rice
Both are white because the outer hull and bran are removed. This means both types are less nutritious than their brown counterparts. Each type is more popular in different geographical locations, this is eaten most in Thailand.
To rinse or not to rinse. I do not rinse my rice, really ever. Some swear by it and wont eat it unless they do, that is okay, we are all different. Ill tell you the biggest difference between the two methods. If you do pour it into a strainer and rinse it, the grains will separate more when done. Not rinsing will create a sort of sticky rice we like.
How To Cook Jasmine Rice On The Stove Top
- Rinse the rice in water and drain two to three times or until the water runs clearer.
- Add the rinsed rice and the measured water into a saucepan.
- Cover the saucepan and bring the water to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and let the rice simmer in the saucepan for around 9 to 10 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
- When done, turn off the heat and let the rice stay covered in the pot for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork or rice paddle before serving.
Don’t Miss: Slow Cooker Option On Instant Pot
How To Make Jasmine Rice In An Instant Pot In 2021
One of the best benefits of a pressure cooker like an instant pot, ninja foodie or other brands is that cooked rice is easy to make perfectly every time. You can also use a pressure cooker to make yellow turmeric rice.
Cooking rice can be hard if you have not developed your own system and many cultures have slightly different ways and preferences.
You also need to take into account some other facts like
- your height above sea level your location
- local water and its hardness
- rice age and dryness
Want to reheat cooked rice see our methods here.
Jasmine Rice To Water Ratio For Instant Pot
Jasmine rice can be cooked in the instant pot directly or using the pot in pot method. The ratio of 1:1.5 of jasmine rice to water works well for pressure cooking in the instant pot using either of the methods.
If you like the rice to be al dente, you can use a 1:1.25 ratio of rice to water ratio. Personally, I prefer to use the 1:1.5 ratio and the rice turns out perfect and soft to bite.
Also Check: Laura Vitale Beef Stew
Get My Free Meal Prep Quick Start Guide
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post shows you how to cook perfectly fluffy Instant Pot jasmine rice, with step by step photos and a video demo. The Instant Pot makes it so quick and efficient to cook!
Cooking rice in the Instant Pot yields nice, fluffy rice in a fraction of the time that it takes on the stove! Whether you are cooking Instant Pot brown rice, basmati rice, or jasmine rice, it’s such an efficient way to cook it.
Instant Pot jasmine rice comes out nice and fluffy, but there are a few simple tricks you need to get it just right. Serve it with herb crusted broiled salmon and air fryer asparagus for an easy, nutritious meal.
Don’t forget to pin this post to save it for later!