Here Is How To Cook Cauliflower In The Instant Pot
- Chop cauliflower head into florets.
- Place a steamer basket or trivet into the pot along with one cup of water.
- Place the cauliflower into the basket . Here, you can add any spices, oil/butter, etc. Close the lid.
- From fresh: Cook on HIGH pressure for 0 minutes. It will cook as the pot comes to pressure.
- From frozen: Cook on HIGH pressure for 2-3 minutes.
- Finish cauliflower with a quick pressure release. Season now if youd like or add additional seasonings if youve already done so.
How To Steam Broccoli & Other Vegetables Using Your Instant Pot
You dont need to be intimidated by your instant pot. Follow these simple instructions for cooking vegetables under high pressure and youll find out how easy it really is to use! You can use fresh vegetables or frozen vegetables.
Also Check: How To Heat Up Soup
How To Steam Vegetables In The Instant Pot
I like al dente steamed vegetables, where theyre just really bright but not too mushy. So I usually only steam them in the Instant Pot for one minute. Then I immediately try to release the steam and get the vegetables out so that the hot water doesnt continue to cook them.
Read Also: What’s Natural Release On Instant Pot
For Whole Spaghetti Squash:
- Start by cutting the squash in half. My personal preference is to slice the spaghetti squash crosswise rather than lengthwise because it produces longer strands that better resemble spaghetti. Youve gotta get a good twirl on your fork! They also soak up sauce better this way. Then, remove the seeds.
- Place a steamer basket or trivet in the pot along with one cup of water.
- Place the squash halves into the basket or trivet and seal the lid.
- Set the pressure cooker to cook on high for 7 minutes and follow up with a quick release. You can do a natural pressure release for a few minutes if you prefer your pasta well done. A quick-release will give you al dente results.
Instant Pot Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Beginner in Instant Pot cooking? Make this Instant pot cauliflower whole head Cajun flavored, its absolutely beginner friendly, no active cooking involved, doesnt taste bland & packed with incredible flavors! It might be your new favorite & the best way to include cauliflower in your diet.
Read Also: How To Cook Pre Cooked Ribs In Instant Pot
Don’t Miss: What Is C7 On Instant Pot
A Perfect Fast And Healthy Side To Any Meal
So if youre looking for a healthy side for your entrée, then look no further than steamed cauliflower. In my opinion, it tastes delicious by itself, but you may want to add salt, pepper, garlic, butter, or whatever suits your fancy! Either way, its a perfect addition to any meal!
Most of the time we eat our cauliflower plain. Once in a while though, when we want to indulge, we make this amazing loaded mashed cauliflower. Its definitely a treat!
Cauliflower is a common side dish at our house, and now that we make it in the Instant Pot, its so much easier and faster to get it on the table.
Kitchen Prep Tools, Utensils & Appliances
Here is a list of the kitchen prep tools, utensils, and appliances I used to make this recipe.
Prep Tools & Utensils
These are the items youll need to prep and make this recipe:
- For this recipe, you wont need much. You will need a small liquid measuring cup and a good knife to cut the head of cauliflower into florets.
- You will also need a steamer basket and a pair of mitts when lifting the basket out of the hot pot.
Appliances & Cookware
This recipe will work in the 3-quart, 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pots.
Serving Platters & Dishes
Ill usually use a salad bowl similar to this beautiful salad bowl when serving my cauliflower.
Instant Pot Accessories
Make sure to check out my post on Must-Have Accessories for the Instant Pot. Youll find a complete list of all the top accessories that can be used with your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli Recipe
Posted on Last updated:
Got some broccoli, waiting to be put to use? Give this easy Instant Pot steamed broccoli a shot and try different ways to put it to use!
Broccoli is one of the most nutrient rich and healthy veggies out there, and being super quick and easy to cook, theres a ton you can do with it. And if you have an Instant Pot, things are about to get better.
The next time you grab some broccoli on your next trip to the supermarket, give this Instant Pot steamed broccoli a try. With zero minutes of cooking time in your Instant Pot, you definitely cant go wrong.
Also Check: How To Defrost Ground Beef
For Whole Butternut Squash:
- Peel the butternut squash if desired. Slice the butternut squash in half or quarters either way horizontally or vertically and remove the seeds.
- OR leave the butternut squash whole. You can skip the first step and make it seriously easy if you can fit the entire squash in the pot. It will be more difficult to scoop out the seeds cleanly, and this is not my preferred method personally.
- Place the halves into the trivet or directly into the put with one cup of water.
- Cook on high pressure for around 12 minutes and follow up with a natural pressure release for 5 minutes before performing a quick release.
Loading Your Steam Basket
Read Also: How To Cook Tuna Steak In Instant Pot
Ways To Use Steamed Cauliflower
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Butter Caper Sauce I mentioned it above, but this fun recipe for a whole head of cauliflower in delicious sauce is worth mentioning again.
- Warm Cauliflower and Herbed Barley Salad The steamed cauliflower can be added right into this warm salad with beans, barley, and fresh herbs.
- Cauliflower Fried Rice Pulse the cooked rice in a food processor and then use it to make fried rice.
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Broccoli
Sometimes I fear Im oversharing the same boring thing, because I always talk about making Instant Pot broccoli on . Yet every single time I mention it, I get no less than 5 people ask how I make it.
This is one of those back to basics recipes that everyone should know, because its SO simple and easy! This is how I meal prep a large batch of broccoli
Read Also: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Tips For Perfectly Cooked Instant Pot Vegetables
What Is The Difference Between Steam And Pressure Cook On Instant Pot
Since both cooking methods use steam, its easy to confuse the two. In fact, I remember asking myself the same question .
The difference stands in the fact that when youre steaming the pot doesnt use said steam build pressure. As a result, the veggies wont come out mushy and unrecognizable but whole and snappy.
In short, steaming preserves the natural structure of the food while pressure breaks it down to make it more tender and easy to eat.
Also Check: How To Cook Pork Shoulder In Instant Pot
Read Also: Can You Wash Instant Pot Lid In Dishwasher
Creative Ways To Serve Steamed Vegetables
Now that youve mastered the technique, maybe youre looking for a way to entice your family to add a few more steamed veggies to their plates. Check out these great ideas.
- Baked potato bar steamed broccoli is a great topping, but get creative!
- Whip up a veggie-filled pasta salad.
- Use steamed vegetables as a fresh addition to previously frozen or meal prepped soups like this Keto Chicken Curry.
- Explore some Asian cooking techniques stir fry night or make your own hibachi, anyone?
Chop The Cauliflower Into Florets
Use a large chefs knife to cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Here we used 1 small head of cauliflower, which is enough for 4 servings. Feel free double if youd like: its still the same cook time!
Wondering the best way to cut cauliflower? Alex and I use a genius method that doesnt end up with crumbles all over the counter! Go to How to Cut Cauliflower or see the video below.
Dont Miss: Instant Pot Burn
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Tamales From Scratch
Can You Steam Vegetables In An Instant Pot
Pour 1 cup water into the Instant Pot and arrange a steamer basket on the bottom. Place the vegetables in the steamer basket, making sure the vegetables arent touching the water. Secure the lid and move the steam release valve to Sealing. Select Manual/Pressure Cook to cook on high pressure for 0 minutes.
Can You Make Vegetable Broth In An Instant Pot
Yesand you should! The Instant Pots pressurized heat draws out the flavors of vegetables in homemade stock and broth recipes. Simply follow the instructions for your favorite recipe . For a delicate, clear broth, adjust the simmer time to 5 minutes on high pressure in the Instant Pot. For a deeply-flavored stock, adjust simmer time to 30 minutes.
You May Like: What Does C7 Mean On Instant Pot
Why Steamed Vegetables Can Be A Viable Option
It is not for the sake of the trend-setting norms that steamed vegetables have gained so much uproar in recent years. Vegetables cooked this way are said to be one of the healthiest as well as a very easy meal to prepare, especially in the modern minimalistic and busy daily schedules.
There is a misconception regarding the fact that vegetables are tasteless and not fun to eat. That is absolutely not true. It is necessary to know how to season right and prepare the meals correctly. Once thats done, you can easily enjoy a delicious meal made entirely of vegetables and love to have it!
Also check: A Complete Guide To Cheese Press
Instant Pot Vegetables : How To Cook Guide
From starchy veggies to leavy green to the fungus among us, learn how to perfectly cook nutritious and delicious Instant Pot vegetables with our comprehensive pressure cooker 101 guides.
If youve cooked enough vegetables in your Instant Pot, you know that it can be a very delicate balance! Im sure I dont speak for just myself when I say a single minute or two mistakes can turn a decent veggie dish into unpalatable mush.
Most often, its due to a combination of things, trying to cook vegetables in the Instant Pot at the same time as something else that simply doesnt work with it, or forgetting to perform a quick release at the end to stop the cooking.
Fear not even if youve had your fair share of cooking disasters with veggies and the Instant Pot, thats no reason to stop trying. After all, we need our five servings a day! Today, I want to provide a thorough and easy-to-use guide to cooking every veggie you can imagine. Ill include cooking times, any special considerations, and any warnings that you should be aware of. Youll have every dish mastered in no time.
Also Check: How To Make Beets In Instant Pot
How Long Does It Take To Steam Vegetables In A Pressure Cooker
Add veggies, then place lid on Instant Pot and make sure valve is set to seal. Press the pressure cook button and set to high, then cook for 0 minutes. Yes, zero minutes is all thats needed to steam! The Instant Pot will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure, then notify you its done by beeping.
How To Use This Recipe For Meal Prep
- Cook the vegetables ahead of time to reheat later. Steamed vegetables can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can reheat them as needed.
- Prep and chop the vegetables ahead of time, store the fresh veggies in the refrigerator, and steam as needed. This way, you will always have freshly steamed vegetables and dont need to worry about reheating them.
- Cut and chop the vegetables and place them into the Instant Pot. Use the Delay Start function or turn on the pressure cooker before setting the table for dinner. You can leave the fresh vegetables in the Instant Pot for up to 8 hours.
You May Like: How Do You Cook Pork Chops In An Instant Pot
How Long To Steam Veggies In The Instant Pot
For tender, yet crispy veggies, follow these guidelines. How long to steam vegetables in Instant Pot? Depending on the size of your pressure cooker, times may vary slightly. Size of the pot matters a lot when steaming veggies in Instant Pot because its volume will dictate how long pot comes to pressure, thus cooking vegetables at same time.
- 3 quart Instant Pot: 1 minute on High Pressure.
- 6 quart: 0 minutes on High Pressure.
- 8 or 10 quart: 0 minutes on Low Pressure.
Pro Tip: If your Instant Pot doesnt have low pressure, cook on High Pressure and Cancel as soon as it pressurizes.
Can I Use Any Steamer Basket In An Instant Pot
Most of the models of Instant Pot brand pressure cookers are sold with a free steamer basket. If you own an electric pressure cooker made by a different company, that may not be the case. You have nothing to worry about, though. Any steamer basket that fits inside of your pressure cooker will work just fine.
The steamer basket for making Instant Pot steamed vegetables is made of metal. If you need to buy a steamer basket from the store, you can find them near the kitchen tools. They are available in either metal or silicone. Choose whichever type you prefer both types will work exactly the same way.
The reason youll want to use a steamer basket for steaming vegetables in an Instant Pot is to keep the vegetables elevated above the water. If you place them directly into the liquid, they wont steam, they will boil. As a result, you may end up with limp, overcooked veggies.
As a last resort, you can also place the veggies into a fine mesh sieve, but only if its made out metal or silicone. You should never use plastic in an Instant Pot because it is likely to melt.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Pre Cooked Ribs In Instant Pot