How To Cook Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs
See how easy it is to make these awesome low carb meatballs?
Instant Pot Meatballs No Sauce
- Prep: Mince fresh onion and garlic with a knife, a box grater, or puree in a small food processor. Add 1/2 cup water to the bottom of the pot and place a trivet or steamer basket inside. This works for any size Instant Pot.
- Shape meatballs: Combine ground meat, grated onion, and garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper and roll into about 30 smaller golf size balls meatballs. Size doesnt matter, within reason.
- Add meatballs as you roll them.;It is OK to stack meatballs and I find dipping hands in a bowl with water helps to roll turkey meatballs.
- Cook on High pressure for 7 minutes. Wait for 2 minutes and release the remaining pressure using the Quick Release method. Open the lid, meatballs are ready and you might have to separate a few meatballs from each other.
How To Steam Frozen Meatballs In The Instant Pot
If youre just cooking the frozen meatballs by themselves, without sauce or pasta or other ingredients, you may choose to simply steam the meatballs.
In this case, you can add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and place the frozen meatballs on the trivet or in a steamer basket.
Either way, youll want the meatballs to be up out of the water so they arent boiled instead of steamed.
Once you have the frozen meatballs in appropriate position, select a cook time of 5 minutes at high pressure.
Check the meatballs to ensure they are heated all the way through. If not, add 2 more minutes of cook time.
Also Check: How To Wash Instant Pot Lid In Dishwasher
How To Cook Frozen Meatballs In Microwave
My least favourite way to heat up meatballs is in the microwave. The flavour and texture just seem off, and while they come out juicy, they also tend to be a bit rubbery. Microwave heating is super fast, but it is subpar when it comes to actually eating the meatballs after using this method.
Still, its hard to beat a two or three minutes cook time, depending on how many meatballs you heat up at once. You can place them onto a microwave safe plate while still frozen.
Feel free to add seasonings, sauces, and garnishes, but dont bother to cook your onions and garlic or other veggies this way. Those will need to be pan fried if you want them to get cooked, taste great, and still have them ready to eat nearly as soon as the meatballs come out of the microwave.
Tools Used To Make This Spicy Honey Bbq Instant Pot Meatballs Recipe
Instant Pot: A pressure cooker is the best way to make dinner in a flash. Think Crockpot in reverse! Its great for quick dinners, homemade yogurt, and juicy, flavorful meat.
Blender: You dont have to use a blender for this recipe, but I prefer a smoother sauce. This one is great for hot and cold dishes like sauces, soups, and smoothies.
You May Like: How To Convert Recipes To Instant Pot
Pressure Cooker Grape Jelly Meatballs
Heat isnt necessary but I like it even though I am not a spicy food lover.
Here is a quick rundown but there is also a printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Time needed:;5 minutes.
Add grape jelly, water, chili sauce and sriracha to your Instant PotWhisk together until smooth and then dump in your frozen meatballs. Mix so sauce is coating all meatballs
Close lid and steam valve. Set to pressure high for 5 minutes. Quick release, Serve! As an appetizer just set some toothpicks next to your pot and youre done.
There is a second option below using orange flavors instead of grape, choose either one. They have both been a hit at Super Bowl football parties weve thrown.
How do you cook frozen meatballs quickly?
This is it yall! If you dont want to add a sauce and just want to add them into a pot of Instant Pot spaghetti then omit that. Instead follow our Instant Pot meatballs recipe. All you need is a basket and water.
What Pairs Well With Meatballs
- Our go to is pasta, there are tons of choices when it comes to that.
- You can throw them inside Instant Pot spaghetti if you would rather serve them separately.
- Serve some air fryer corn on the cob next to it, or opt for slow cooker mashed potatoes.
You May Like: Does Walmart Sell Instant Pot
Simple Instant Pot Meatballs
Say hello to the recipe that is going to change the way you make meatballs FOREVER!
Who would have thought that a little machine like the Instant Pot would take the world by storm transforming the way we cook, what we cook and HOW we cook it.
Not everyone has hours to simmer meatballs on the stove, even on a Sunday and even during a global pandemic.; ;Life is still moving pretty fast.; So with this little gadget meatballs, even FROZEN meatballs can make it on the table in under 15 minutes.
Making Instant Pot Asian Meatballs Is Easy
**scroll down for full ingredient list and printable direction**
- I like using frozen meatballs for this recipe because it makes it very easy and little effort. You can make homemade meatballs as well, but the cook time will need to be adjusted.;
- Using a 6 quart;Instant Pot, add the meatballs and sauce into the pot.;
- Close the lid and seal the valve. Then set the timer for 5 minutes. Once the time has counted down, release the pressure by flipping the sealing valve, then carefully remove the top.
- You should remember when using the;Instant Pot, that the time it takes to cook the recipe , is not the total time of the recipe. You need to give the pot some time to come to pressure which will take about 10 minutes for this recipe.
These meatballs are incredibly delicious! Once you try the sweet and slightly spicy Asian sauce on these meatballs, this will be your go-to must-serve appetizer at every event! I use this sauce on EVERYTHING including One Pot Spicy Thai Noodles,;Spicy Thai Tenders,;and Honey Sesame Tofu!
Read Also: What Does Auto Mean On Instant Pot
What Do You Eat With Buffalo Meatballs
These easy meatballs are great garnished with a little bit of parsley or blue cheese. Sometimes I even add a sprinkling of parmesan for a little saltiness.
One of my favorite pairings is to serve these meatballs with a creamy corn salad or spicy ranch cauliflower. Its a delicious meal ready in under an hour!
Flavor Options For Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs
Frozen meatballs are one item I always keep stocked in my freezer. Here are awesome ideas to change up the flavors of the meatballs. Any way you play it, this Instant Pot meatball recipe has so many variations that will go a long way in your meal planning.
- Grape jelly meatballs with BBQ – bbq jelly meatballs mix two delicious flavors, the traditional grape jelly meatball recipe mixed with bbq sauce.
- Grape jelly chili sauce meatballs – these meatballs with grape jelly and bbq sauce are a mix of sweet and spicy.
- Instant pot turkey meatballs with one of these sauce combinations – make grape jelly bbq meatballs, bbq meatballs, or add in a sweet and sour Asian sauce to the mix.
- Straight barbecue meatballs – simple and easy. Mix up a traditional homemade bbq sauce or even cherry bbq sauce for something different.
- Buffalo chicken meatballs – mix up a recipe similar to our buffalo chicken dip, but with meatballs instead.
- Sweet and sour meatballs – add in a sweet and sour sauce made from scratch or a storebought sauce.
- Mongolian meatballs – similar to the ingredients in our Instant Pot Mongolian Beef recipe, or our other version of Mongolian Beef.
Grab Costco meatballs, Kirkland meatballs, Sam’s Choice, or any other brands of meatballs you like. With a few ingredients and a little time you can truly create a meatball appetizer or dinner in no time.
You May Like: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
How To Make Instant Pot Spaghetti And Meatballs In 3 Easy Steps
Step 1.; Add frozen meatballs into the bottom of 6 quart Instant Pot.
Step 2.;;Break the spaghetti noodles in half and randomly place over the meat. . Pour in the water, then cover with the diced tomatoes. Top with the pasta or “Spaghetti Sauce”. Then add the spices.
Step 3.;;Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock in place. Cook for 8 minutes on high pressure and then do a manual quick release.;Give it a stir and serve.
Getting dinner on the table and gathering family is important in this ever so busy culture we live in. This one will do it quickly and just imagine only one pot to clean! So go ahead and use chinet or paper plates and bring on the conversation with your loved ones.
Instant Pot Meatballs And Sauce
Cooking pressure cooker meatballs with tomato sauce is very similar to the ones without the sauce minus the trivet and water.
- Prep: Add tomato sauce to any size Instant Pot. No water or trivet is needed.
- Add meatballs: Drop raw meatballs into the sauce as you roll them out. They should fit in a single layer in tomato sauce but packing them tight or on top is just as fine.
- Cook on High pressure for 7 minutes. Wait for 2 minutes and release the remaining pressure using the Quick Release method.
- Serve: Meatballs taste best if you let them stand open for 10 minutes. Then I toss them to coat in sauce by shaking the inner pot and garnishing with parsley or dill.
Avoid the burn notice by making sure your sauce isnt too thick. You need enough liquid to create steam. If you find your sauce is way too thick, add just a bit of water to thin it out.
Don’t Miss: How Long To Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot
How Long To Cook Frozen Meatballs In Instant Pot
Since frozen meatballs are pre-cooked, youre just looking to heat them through for these easy Instant Pot meatballs.
I cook my frozen meatballs in the Instant Pot for about 15 minutes on high pressure . Then all I have to do is let the pot naturally release another 5 minutes before quick releasing the rest of the pressure.
Frozen meatballs in an Instant Pot cook much faster than in an oven! This method also keeps them moister than an oven, which can dry out frozen meatballs.;
How To Cook Frozen Meatballs In Crockpot
The slow cooker is one of the easiest ways to heat up frozen meatballs. There is almost no work involved, and you dont have to worry about thawing out the meatballs either. You can just place them into the crockpot or slow cooker with your other ingredients and let the cooker do its thing.
You need some sort of sauce or liquid to cook the meatballs in the slow cooker with. You may want to use spaghetti sauce, stroganoff sauce, or barbecue sauce, depending on what you are making.
How long to cook frozen meatballs in crockpot? Its going to take them about 2 ½ hours for them to cook fully from being frozen to fully cooked and ready to eat. Thats at a high setting. If you are okay with waiting longer, you can set the slow cooker or crockpot to low and cook them for about 4 hours.
Feel free to add in your onions, garlic, and whatever else you want to have with them into the crockpot. This is a simple way to make tasty meals packed full of flavour and to ensure that your meatballs come out of the pot really juicy and succulent.
You can keep the meatballs in the crockpot to stay warm for up to three hours, if you like. They will still be tender and tasty when you take them out.
Read Also: Converting Recipes For Instant Pot
Ingredients For Pressure Cooker Meatballs:
This method works for any meatball recipe! For this post, I made my favorite easy Italian meatballs.
- Ground Beef: You can also use ground turkey to lower the saturated fat in this recipe.
- Egg: The common belief is that eggs are added to meatballs for moisture, but that isnt it. They are added to the mixture to bind everything together.
- Rolled Oats: Whole grains to give the meatballs more texture.
- Parmesan Cheese: You can use any Parmesan you prefer, but I highly recommend getting fresh and grating it yourself. It is truly a better flavor!
- Spices: Freshly minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes add the Italian flavors to this recipe.
How To Cook Frozen Meatballs In A Crockpot Or Slow Cooker
- If using without a sauce:;Place the number of meatballs in the crockpot that you want to use. Add ½ cup of water or chicken stock. Heat on low for 4-6 hours.
- If using with a sauce , put the sauce into the crockpot and then pour in the number of frozen meatballs you want to use. Set the Crockpot on low and allow to cook for 4-6 hours.
You May Like: Instant Pot Ahi Tuna
Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs Recipe
Posted on Last updated:
This Instant Pot Orange BBQ Meatballs recipe is the perfect solution for your busy weeknight dinner dilemma.;We made this an Instant Pot Frozen Meatball recipe for a reason. It’s quick and simple. You’re only six ingredients away from having a delicious dinner on your table.
Thanks to the Instant Pot, this recipe goes from a group of ingredients to your plate in less than 15 minutes, making for the perfect weeknight dinner.
Instant Pot Orange BBQ Meatballs Recipe is also a great starter recipe if you’re new to Instant Pot cooking. Many people buy an Instant Pot, and are a little scared to use it.
But don’t be! With such a short cooking time, there’s no need to worry about burning or over-cooking.
If you’re a little scared of the pressure release valve , try using the handle of a wooden spoon;as an extra precaution when moving the valve to the venting position.
What To Use Frozen Meatballs For
I like to use frozen meatballs in my Swedish meatballs recipe, making the sauce from scratch and then helping speed the meal preparation along by using pre-made, frozen meatballs.
I use them in spaghetti too, of course, but they are a great addition to a lot of different pasta dishes. You can use meatballs instead of ground beef in lasagna, for example, and I like them on top of pizza for a filling, hearty meat topping.
You can add them to Mexican foods as well, like making a burrito filled with meatballs, rice, black beans, and cheese. Or you can use them as a substitute for any dish that calls for ground beef or chicken.
You may want to try meatballs in your stir fry as well, and I love the taste of slightly fried meatballs in my Chinese noodles and egg fried rice. There are so many dishes you can use this meat in, and I have a good time experimenting and trying new ways to incorporate meatballs of every kind.
Recommended Reading: What Does Auto Mean On Instant Pot
Prep Ahead And Storage
This meatballs recipe is super freezer-friendly, which means it is ideally suited for meal prep. Simply whip up a batch and then store in the freezer until youre ready to use.
Prep Ahead; This meatballs can be cooked up to a few days in advance and reheated.;
Store; Store the cooked meatballs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.;
Freeze; Follow the handy tips below for how to freeze this.
- Transfer into these convenient;Ziploc freezer bags.
- Squeeze out all the extra air and seal the bags.
- Label the bags and then lay them flat in the;freezer.
- Store in the freezer for 3 months.
- To make reheating easier, freeze in the right portion sizes that you need for the future.
- To Thaw Remove the frozen meatballs from the freezer the night before needed and let thaw in the fridge.
Reheat To reheat, simply let them thaw out in the fridge and then reheat in a saucepan over low heat so that the meatballs stay moist. That way you have
What Does This Mean For You
- It means another appetizer that can be thrown together in mere minutes.
- It means having friends over for Friday night dinner and knowing the meatballs will be perfectly cooked.
- It means no more dirty hands with raw meat rolling meatball after meatball.
- Instead, that hand is now holding a glass of wine!
Read Also: Steam Tamales In Crock Pot