Instant Pot Pulled Pork Dr Pepper
This is a very easy and straightforward instant pot pulled pork recipe made with the Dr. Pepper flavoring.
1. 4 cups caffeinated pepper-type soda
2. 4 hamburger buns
3. 2 cups prepared coleslaw
4. 2 cups barbeque sauce divided
5. 1 pound pork tenderloin.
All ingredients can be added to your shopping list.
Step by step instructions on how to make your instant pot pulled pork with Dr. Pepper flavouring.
1. Mix soda and ½ cup BBQ sauce in an instant pot.
2. Add pork tenderloin.
3. Close and lock the lid.
4. Select HIGH pressure and set timer for 50 minutes. Allow pressure to build for 15 minutes maximum.
5. Now release pressure using the natural-release method for approximately 10 to 40 minutes.
6. Remove pork loin and drain liquid from the pot.
7. Shred pork by using 2 forks.
8. Return to the pot and mix in remaining ½ cups BBQ sauce.
9. Now serve on dinner table with hamburger buns and top with coleslaw.
3 ingredients pulled pork instant pot
You can prepare a delicious tasting instant pot pulled pork with just 3 ingredients and only one hour of preparation time. This instant pot pulled pork recipe is perfect for your sandwiches, tacos and more.
Course: Main course
1. 2 lbs. boneless pork loin or boneless pork shoulder/butt
2. ¾ to 1 cup BBQ sauce either homemade or store bought
3. ¾ teaspoon koshersalt
4. ½ teaspoon black pepper
5. 8 oz. Dr. Pepper soda.
All ingredients can be added to your shopping list.
Instant Pot Freezer Meals
If Instant Pot Freezer Meals is your thing, we have a pantry challenge that we did on the blog last month. It shares with you how to group together delicious clearance meat with your pantry to make loads of Instant Pot recipes on a budget of just $30. You can click on the banner below for more info:
What Kind Of Bbq Sauce Do You Use For Pulled Pork
You can use your favorite store bought or homemade barbecue sauce. In the recipe card below, I combine store bought BBQ sauce with other ingredients to create my own pulled pork BBQ sauce. I also add a bit of broth to prevent the pressure cooker from showing a burn error. More about this error below.
You May Like: Instant Pot Ultra Delay Start
How To Reheat A Large Amount Of Pulled Pork In Juices
If you have a large amount of pulled pork to reheat and its still in its juices, one option is to reheat it directly in the insert pot of the Instant Pot.
You can opt for a slower reheating process by using the Keep Warm function. Or, you can reheat it more quickly by selecting a 0 minute cook time at high pressure.
When you use the 0 minute cook time method, the Instant Pot will bring the food to a boil to achieve pressure, but it doesnt continue maintaining the pressure for a cook time. This is a great way to heat it up quickly, but it requires that the meat still be in the liquid .
How To Cook Pork Chops In Instant Pot
This is my favorite instant pot pork chop recipes full of honey garlic flavor and is so easy to make!
Although you can make pork chops in the oven, on the stove or in the slow cooker, cooking pork chops in instant pot is the easiest method!
Mix together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Then place your pork chops into the instant pot, and no, I dont brown my pork chops beforehand, as searing it first doesnt make much difference!
Pour the sauce on top of the pork chops and place the lid. Make sure the toggle is in the correct position and then lock the lid. Pressure cook your chops, and then do a quick release when its done!
Making Pressure Cooker Pork Sirloin Tip Roast In An Instant Pot
Pork Sirloin Tip Roast
Pat cooked her roasts several ways. I tried Italian style, with some ground fennel and rosemary in the spice rub, white wine, chicken broth and garlic bath, cooked only 12 minutes so that there was a little pink interior and served with a cannellini bean, red swiss chard side. This was a big hit with all! Also made great leftover pork sammies.
She also shared that she cooked the sirloin tip roast in spiced apple cider, which reminded me of one of my favorite BBQ pork recipes: a Spicy Grilled Pork Tenderloin. So I decided to use the spicy rub from that recipe on the sirloin tip roast and cook it in the pressure cooker.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Frozen Meat In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Gravy
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 3 minutes | Yield: 2-3 servings | Method: Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Oven
How To Make Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Making this pulled pork in Instant Pot recipe is a breeze.
Make the dry rub
Add the brown sugar and spices to a large bowl and mix together.
Prepare the pork
If you have a bone-in pork butt, trim away the pork meat and fat. Cut into four even-sized pieces.
If you have a boneless pork butt, cut the pork into four even-sized chunks.
Make sure to weigh your pork after trimming so youâll know how to estimate Instant Pot pulled pork cooking time.
Coat the pork with the rub
Now add pork to the dry rub bowl and toss until well coated.
I usually do this with my hands. But you can do this with tongs if you dont want to get messy.
Brown the pork
Add pork pieces to the Instant Pot and brown on all sides. Youâll need about 2 minutes for each side to get nice and brown.
Searing helps create a crispy, caramelized surface. This gives a nice texture to the pulled pork. It also adds a smoky flavor to the pulled pork recipe, making this an important step.
I make my slow cooker pulled pork without searing the meat beforehand and itâs very tasty. So, you could probably skip this step. But it only adds like 10 minutes to the prep time â and that delicious smoky flavor. So itâs worth it.
Once all the pieces of pork are browned, remove, and set the pork aside.
Deglaze the Instant Pot
Pressure cook the pork
Place the chunks of pork back into the Instant Pot. Pressure cook on High pressure for 60 minutes.
Do a Natural Release
Donât Miss: Why Does The Instant Pot Say Burn
Frozen Pork Shoulder Roast Instant Pot
This is what youre going to need to get out in order to get started:
Balsamic vinegar gives our sauce a bold flavor. We use it in our beef arm roast recipe too. There are a ton of different types but this is my favorite, made by a local Idaho company. This one is a close second if youre buying online.
- Soy sauce goes on a lot of things in our house. Maybe its because I was born in HI but its my favorite thing to include in sauces and on rice.
- Rosemary either fresh or jarred works. I rarely get fresh because we live in a very small town and produce is kinda lacking.
- Broth is a much better cooking liquid than cups of water for sure. Beef is best because of this cut but vegetable would work too.
- Cornstarch will thicken the gravy left in your pot at the end. Of course you can leave this out, or use flour instead but I like thick sauces!
This is a peek of it in the pot once it has cooked and steam has been released naturally. That step is important to keep it super moist.
Time needed: 1 hour and 45 minutes.
You May Like: Ratio Steel Cut Oats To Water
What Type Of Pork Should I Use
You want to use a marbled piece of pork, you should be able to see the fat on it, extra-lean pork will taste dry especially if you crips it. Avoid lean pork chops that are typically the white meat of pork and youll want a fattier cut to ensure the pork remains juicy. and has more flavor the dark meat of pork is what youre looking to use. Youll be looking for something labeled pork shoulder or pork butt. Or like in my store its a combination of words that dont make sense and they call it a pork butt shoulder.
How To Store Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
- To refrigerate: Place in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- To freeze: Let it cool completely. Then, transfer it to a plastic bag or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to three months. Prior to serving, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator, and then reheat in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until properly heated.
What is natural pressure release ?
A Natural Pressure Release means that the pressure is released gradually. For a Natural Pressure Release, you click on Keep Warm and wait 10 minutes. After this, you open the valve and let any leftover pressure to release. Another option is to Turn Off/Unplug the pressure cooker, wait 10 minutes and after that open the valve.
A natural release is usually used when cooking soups, meat in a large amount of sauce, pasta or steel-cut oats. This method prevents any foam from the dish to shoot out through the valve, which can happen during a Quick Pressure Release.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Costco Tamales
Pressure Cooker Pork Chops
The instant pot is a lifesaver when Im short of time. I can set it to pressure cook and get the delicious and healthy dinners on the table in minutes!
I love both slow cooker and pressure cooker for different reasons. For this recipe, I like the flavor of pork chops better when its made in an instant pot as they are perfectly cooked every time and hold their shape for slicing!
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Roast
Hi there,I cant believe its Friday already! It was kind of a busy day for me today. Im getting new countertops in my kitchen tomorrow. I have a corner cabinet with one of those garage doors . To get the countertop out, the contractor has to take down that corner cabinet and the one beside it, so I had to empty them today. Why do I save all those cottage cheese containers?? Well, I save them so when I go to visit my mom, I can take her some goodies, then she can throw them away!
So it was about 2:30 and I realized I hadnt taken anything out of the freezer for dinner tonight. Not a problem! Ive read several recipes that say you can cook frozen meat in your Instant Pot, so today was my day to give a try!
I had a 2 1/2 pound pork roast in the freezer. Sauerkraut, pork roast and dumplings sounded like a good meal to make.
I took a pint jar of my homemade sauerkraut, rinsed it and added it with about 4 cups of water to the Instant Pot.
Then I put the frozen pork roast on top. Put the lid on and made sure the valve was set to seal.
I used the manual button, high pressure and set the time for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes, I did a NPR for 15 minutes then did a QR. I tested the internal temperature and it was 170º.
I removed the pork roast to a plate and covered it with aluminum foil to keep warm.
AFTE 5 MINUTES, THIS IS WHAT YOUR DUMPLINGS WILL LOOK LIKE!
Don’t Miss: Pressure Cooker Says Burn
Can You Pressure Cook Frozen Meat
It is possible to pressure cook smaller cuts of frozen meat and frozen poultry. You can also easily pressure cook frozen vegetables. To pressure cook thick pieces of frozen meat like beef or pork roasts, it will take up to one -third more than the normal cooking time, and the results will not taste very good.
Different Variations Of This Recipe
Instant pot shredded pork is very versatile and there are a few variations that will change up the taste a little bit.
- No Sauce Pulled Pork Just seasoned meat without any BBQ sauce.
- Carolina Pulled Pork Made with vinegar sauce and crushed red pepper for an extra kick.
- Pulled Pork Carnitas Made with a sweet or tart citrus fruit juice such as orange or lime, along with garlic and onions.
Also Check: Can The Instant Pot Go In The Dishwasher
You May Like: What Does Burn Mean On My Instant Pot
Instructions To Make Instant Pot Frozen Pork Roast:
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food instant pot frozen pork roast recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!
Can You Cook Frozen Meat In An Instant Pot
You can safely cook frozen meat in an Instant Pot, as pressure cooking cooks food quickly. Unlike a slow cooker, which allows frozen food to stay in a dangerous temperature range for too long, the Instant Pot can quickly bring frozen food to a safe temperature.
Also Check: Heating Tamales In Instant Pot
How To Make Pulled Pork In An Instant Pot
- Pour beef broth into the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Add the pork tenderloins to the bottom of the Instant Pot over the broth to form a single layer of pork as best you can. Sprinkle desired seasonings on top of pork such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Close Instant Pot. Select manual setting for high pressure for 40 minutes.
- When 40 minutes is done, let the Instant Pot naturally release pressure for about 10 minutes. Then carefully manually release pressure until done.
- Remove lid from Instant Pot. Using tongs or a large slotted spoon, remove pork and place on cutting board. Using two forks, shred pork as desired.
Also Check: What To Do When Instant Pot Says Food Burn
How Long Do You Cook A Pork Roast In The Instant Pot
I always recommend 15 minutes per pound of meat and then let the pressure release naturally.
- 2 pound roast = 30 minutes.
- 3 pound roast = 45 minutes.
- 4 pound roast = 60 minutes
- Natural release for at least 10 minutes. If you are short on time, you can quick release it after that time.
- Feel free to brown each side of the meat on Saute for the first few minutes, but be sure to add your liquid to it before cooking it under pressure.
Read Also: Instant Pot Quick Release Vs Natural Release