How To Make Instant Pot Roast
Get your Instant pot or pressure cooker.
Gather the ingredients bottom round roast, onion, beef broth, red wine, salt and pepper.
Here is the other side of the bottom round roast package.
Take the roast out of the packaging and sprinkle kosher salt and pepper on both sides.
Plug the instant pot in and press the sauté button. Once it heats up , add olive oil and once that heats up, place the roast fat-side down and sauté for three minutes, flip and sauté the other side for 3 minutes.
Press the cancel button and remove roast from the insert.
Pour red wine into the insert and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan. Place the roast back in and add the sliced onions, beef broth, dried oregano, sage leaf and rosemary sprig.
Seal the IP, making sure the venting knob is set to sealed and press the pressure cook button. Make sure the mode is set to normal and at high pressure. Set the timer for 60 minutes.
Once the IP beeps that it is done, you are going to do a natural release which will take roughly 30 minutes for the floating valve to depress.
While you are waiting for the 30 minutes for the IP to release the pressure, wash the potatoes and carrots and to cut them into chunks. Slice the celery in half lengthwise and then into slices width-wise.
Add the potatoes, carrots and celery.
Once the timer beeps, wait 10 minutes before doing a quick release.
Why Does This Recipe Say To Season The Roast The Day Before Cant I Just Do That Step Right Before Cooking It
The step of pre-salting is known as dry brining. It is a very worthy step for cooking a delicious eye of round roast and must be done at least 4-6 hours previous to when you want to cook the meat.
The salt initially draws liquid out of the meat, and after a time, all of the liquid goes back into the meat bringing the salt and seasonings with it, adding great flavor to the interior of the meat as it cooks.
You can season the roast just before you want to cook it, but doing so doesnt allow the roast to gain the juiciness and flavor that most of us enjoy.
Buttery Tender Juicy Rich Flavorful
We tested our Roast Beef Recipe with eye of round roast and top sirloin roast in the Instant Pot. The results were very promising and this method will work for higher end cuts as well
Super buttery rich medium rare roast beef dipped into umami-savory-beefy gravy, each bite bursts with beefy juice oh sooooo delish~
*Note: This method of cooking roast beef in Instant Pot works great if youre cooking a small roast.
Recommended Reading: What Does C7 Mean On Instant Pot
How To Make Pot Roast In Pressure Cooker
- Turn your pressure cooker to the Saute function and pour in 1 tablespoon oil.
- While the pressure cooker is heating, liberally season the chuck roast on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the seasoned roast into the heated inner pot, and sear the roast for 3-4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Turn the instant pot OFF from the saute function and remove the pot roast from the inner pot and place on a platter.
- Pour in about ½ cup of the beef broth and use a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up the browned bits on the bottom of the inner pot, so that pressure can build appropriately and you wont get a burn notice.
- Add seared roast back to the inner pot. Pour in the rest of the beef broth and then sprinkle the with additional salt, pepper, and onion powder. Top the roast with minced garlic and horseradish.
- pound on high pressure. This would be 60 minutes for a 3 pound roast.
- Once the cook time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes. This will keep the pot roast super tender.
- Remove the pot roast from liquid and place onto a platter or cutting board. It is okay if it falls apart as you are removing the roast–it should be fall-apart tender.
- Tent the meat with foil and let rest for 5-10 minute befores shredding or slicing and serving with the cooking juices.
Start The Maillard Reaction
Stir a pinch of baking soda into the cooking liquid to raise the alkalinity of the food and enhance the Maillard reaction.
The Maillard reaction occurs when simple sugars and amino acids combine during cooking to produce a brown color as well as a complex flavor and aroma, as explained in a January 2015 article published by International Journal of Food Science.
You May Like: What Is Natural Release On Instant Pot Mean
Beef Eye Round Roast In The Air Fryer
389 People Used
Easily cook the perfect roast with an Eye of Round
A delicious recipe for eye round roast !!
Easy Eye of Round Roast Recipe
Eye of Round Roast | Delicious Rub Recipe
How to make an Eye of Round Roast
How to Cook an Eye Of Round Roast In the Oven – Tender…
Eye of Round Roast at The Ponderosa
How to pickout a good #eyeround #roast! #beef #oven
75 Cooking a Beef eye round roast medium rare
Cooking at home just like mom-eye of round roast
Eye of Round Roast Cosori 8qt Pressure Cooker First…
No Peek Eye Of Round Roast
EYE ROUND ROAST BEEF — CAST IRON WEDNESDAY
Smoked Roast Beef – How to BBQ Roast Beef (Eye Of…
How to make Eye of Round Roast in the Instant Pot…
Pressure Cooker Red Eye Roast Beef
Eye of round beef roast
Can Sous Vide Make a Cheap Roast Taste Like Filet…
How to Cook an Eye-of-the-Round Roast Beef : Beef & …
Amazing Tender BBQ Eye of Round Roast! – Rotisserie…
How to Cook Eye of Round Roast of Beef: Cooking with…
Eye of Round Recipe Video
EP11010 – The Perfect Roast, Every Time!
HOW TO COOK A TOP ROUND ROAST BEEF – easy roast beef…
Roast Beef – PERFECT Roast Beef EVERYTIME!
Beef roast for holiday cooking
Beef Chuck Eye Roast Tacos In The Dutch Oven |…
How to Grill A Perfect Roast
The Bottom Round Roast: Meat shop Minute
Round Eye Steak (sous vid style
NINJA FOODI- AIR FRYER-Beef Eye Round Roast
How to BBQ Pepper Crusted Eye of Round Beef Roast:…
How to Make Eye of Round Beef Roast the Italian Way
Easy Instant Pot Eye Of Round Roast
Now, I admittedly dont go out and buy roasts all that frequently. Or really ever. Usually my mom buys them when she visits. But regardless, whenever I have them I usually stick them in the Instant Pot , cause who really has three hours to cook a roast in the oven? Not me.
If you just want the roast, and not cooked veggies, you can stick the roast on the little Instant Pot trivet. I like to have veggies along with my meat, so I stick them in there, too. Cause I dont want to cook two things.
In the recipe card Ive linked to some of the products from my affiliate partners that I like to use. Purchasing through these links wont cost you anything extra. Thanks!
Read Also: How To Cook Frozen Meat In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Pork Shoulder Roast Recipe
Easiest way to cook tasty instant pot pork shoulder roast recipe, Country living editors select each product featured. The spruce / diana rattray this succulent boneless prime rib roast and gravy are cooked in reco. And when using a probe thermometer, it is foolproof.
Easy Keto Pulled Pork Recipe (Instant Pot & Slow Cooker from i.pinimg.com
Country living editors select each product featured. If you don’t think you have time to prepare a special roast, try this instant pot prime rib recipe. And when using a probe thermometer, it is foolproof. The beef and gravy are ready in record time. The spruce / diana rattray this instant pot eye of round roast is a fast. This is an easy pork shoulder slow cooker recipe, served in sandwiches with barbecue sauce. Days like those call for the. It cooks the lean, flavorful meat in under an hour.
Instant Pot Frozen Roast
This recipe may have originated out of necessity when I forgot to thaw my roast in advance, but its quickly become our chosen way of making roast! The results are so tender, that I dont see the need to thaw the meat in advance anymore.
If youre looking for pull-apart tender pot roast with minimal effort and time, this is definitely the recipe for you!
You May Like: Can You Cook Frozen Meat In Instant Pot
Other Instant Pot Recipes Youll Love:
So anyway, I thought I was going to be making Instant Pot pot roast. Jokes on me. It still turned out great. I just had to remember to buy the same cut when I tried it out again. Ill get around to making a pot roast here soon though. While were on the subject pot roast is from the shoulder while round roast is from the hind leg. WHO KNEW, right? Im sure lots of you did, but because I dont cook with beef that often I ended up getting a crash course from the Google on cuts of beef.
Long story short: Heres the recipe. Its delicious. Make it. And let me know what your favorite cuts of beef are to cook up in the Instant Pot!
Hungry for more? to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure to stay in touch on , and for all of the latest updates.
Easy Instant Pot Round Steak Notes
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot to make this delicious recipe. Any 6 quart electric pressure cooker should work just fine. Or you could also make them in a crock pot using our Easy Crock Pot Round Steak recipe.
- Make sure you stir everything before you start cooking. Once it is finished cooking and pressure released, remove the lid and stir your gravy.
- Cutting carbs? Use a homemade low carb onion soup mix instead of the ones you find in the store.
- You can find more electric pressure cooker recipes with our Recipe Finder.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our .
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- Finally, all electric pressure cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own electric pressure cooker and time adjusted as needed.
SAVE THIS RECIPE TO YOUR FREE RECIPE BOX.
On Recipes That Crock we have a way for you to save recipes, recipe collections and meal plans to your own free recipe box. This way you wont ever lose a recipe. With your free RTC account, you know that your favorite recipes and all the recipes you want to try are always just a click away.
Also Check: Yogurt In Instant Pot Lux
Ingredients For The Recipe
To prepare this recipe, you will need a yellow onion, sliced round loin, black peppercorns, black pepper, olive oil, butter, cornstarch, garlic and onion powder, salt. In the recipe card below, you will have the complete measurements of each of these ingredients.
You can also find substitutions if you dont have an ingredient.
As for utensils, you will need a plate, a spoon or spatula, a small bowl, and an electric pressure cooker.
Now that you have all the ingredients and utensils lets get started.
Helpful Tips For Making Tender And Juicy Eye Of Round Beef
- When cooking any roast always be sure to let it rest on the counter, unwrapped, for at least an hour or so. Resting removes the chill from the meat and lets it relax so it can cook much more evenly, no matter what the cooking source will be.oven, stove top, grill, or smoker.
- Never overcook eye of round roast, if at all possible! Because this is such a very lean cut of beef, it can easily overcook if you dont keep a careful watch with your instant-read meat thermometer.
- Over cooking eye of round roast will seal its fate: it will be nearly flavorless, dry, and chewy. Dont go there!
- Never cook an eye of round roast without using a meat thermometer of some kind. The use of a meat thermometer will keep from overcooking the roast, this is very important.
- Before slicing an eye of round roast, be sure to let it rest, covered, when you remove it from the oven. This resting period is very important for letting the protein fibers relax and to allow the beef juices to integrate back into the center of the roast.
- Always be sure to slice any meat across the grain. Slicing meat against the grain cuts the protein fibers into shorter pieces, helping the meat be tender and easy to chew.
- The reason you dont want to cut a roast or any hunk of meat with the grain is because this leaves the protein fibers in long lengths this can make meat tough and hard to chew.often compared to shoe leather.
Don’t Miss: How Long To Cook Frozen Chicken Tenders In Instant Pot
Prepare The Dry Rub And Pot Roast
In a small bowl combine ½ teaspoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, white pepper, sweet Hungarian paprika , and ground thyme. Add a tablespoon of dried parsley and ¼ teaspoon of hot red pepper flakes.
Pat the meat dry with paper towels. This will result in a better sear for the roast. Coat the beef in the rub, and set aside.
This makes enough rub to cover a 2 1-2- to 4-pound pot roast. For each additional pound of meat increase each ingredient for the rub .
Slice one onion, two stalks of celery, and two carrots. Next, open a bottle of red wine, and set aside to breathe.
If you are not a wine drinker this step can be skipped, and it can be substituted with ¼ cup of additional beef broth to deglaze the bottom of the liner after the saute step.
How To Cook An Eye Of Round Roast
- Remove your roast from the refrigerator and allow it to rest on the counter for 45 minutes to take the chill off. Combine all the Roast Beef Seasoning Mix ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pat your roast with paper towels to dry the surface.
- Drizzle the roast with olive oil and use your hands to rub the olive oil, coating all sides.
- Sprinkle all sides, including ends, with the seasoning mix.
- Place your roast on a rack in a roasting pan with the fat cap side facing up. Transfer it to your preheated to 500 degrees F oven. Roast for 15 minutes until nicely browned. Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F and continue to roast for another 40 to 50 minutes. I dont recommend cooking this roast beyond 130 to 135 degrees F for the most tender, delicious result. Watch it closely because the temperature can rise quickly towards the end of the cooking time. An instant read thermometer is a must have kitchen item for roasting meats to perfection.
- Transfer the roast to a cutting board to rest for about 20 minutes before slicing it against the grain.
Don’t Miss: How To Clean Lid Of Instant Pot
Sunday Pot Roast In The Instant Pot
Pot Roast has always been a favorite Sunday dinner in our family. Sometimes we make it with mashed potatoes, sometimes with carrots and potatoes cooked with the roast. Either way, it is always delicious. Because I sometimes forget to put the roast in the oven or slow cooker in time, I find myself scrambling to get dinner ready. Ive walked in the door from church and thought, SHOOT! I never put the roast in! If you are like me, this Instant Pot recipe is a lifesaver especially on those days.
If you havent jumped on the Instant Pot train yet YOU NEED TO! It is one of the most convenient kitchen appliances I have ever owned. This recipe is just one of the MANY Instant Pot recipes that I have incorporated into my regular meal rotations. You can find our favorite Instant Pot here!
Update: Since we first created this recipe, weve had many comments regarding the success of this recipe. Weve updated the original post to include some of the most frequently asked questions and comments.
Instant Pot Bottom Round Roast
One of the things I love about this instant pot bottom round roast recipe is that there is hardly any work involved. Thanks to your pressure cooker, the meat turns out moist, the gravy is tasty and the vegetables cook directly with the meat, which gives them great flavor.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small commission, at no additional cost to you, if you click the link and buy something. You can read my disclosure here.
I am an affiliate for ButcherBox and although this is not a sponsored post, I do get a commission if you sign up through the link I provide.
If youre not familiar with ButcherBox, they are a subscription service that delivers 100% grass-fed beef, free range chicken, heritage pork and wild-caught Alaskan sockeye salmon right to your door. Everything you order comes in an eco-friendly, styrofoam-free, insulated box.
You dont have to worry about the meat going bad because it is packed with a big piece of dry ice that keeps everything frozen solid.
ButcherBox products are affordable, too they claim the cost is less than $6.00 per meal and you can rest assured that the meat/fish you are getting is quality and delicious.
Check out their website to see what they offer and how easy it is to order your own butcherbox. You can customize to get a mixed box of beef, pork and chicken a pork and beef box a beef and chicken box or all-beef box.
You May Like: What Is L000 On Instant Pot