Instant Pot Cornbread Muffins
These sweet, Texas-style Instant Pot cornbread bites are great as an appetizer, on the side of chilies and stews, or on their own with some butter for a snack. For those that like a little kick, the recipe includes an option to add some diced jalapeño peppers, but you can make the recipe without it as well. Recipe from Fab Everyday.
How To Make Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe From Scratch
If you love a great and fun breakfast, you surely will love making this easy recipe. You will need:
- Instant Pot we love this one as it has many functions and its quite handy.
- Silicone egg molds this one is perfect for the bites, resulting in a fluffy texture.
- Trivet to place the mold on top of it.
If you havent used the pressure cooker before, this is the perfect recipe to start utilizing it! It is one of the simplest dishes you can make and a good way to practice your IP skills.
Ingredients You Need For Egg Bites Instant Pot
You only need a few ingredients to make these Instant Pot Egg Bites. Guess what? You can decide on what type of ingredients you want to use depending on what mood youre in. First, lets go over the ingredients that we decided to use.
- Eggs-We used large eggs for this recipe. The size of the egg does matter. The larger the egg, the more full your egg cups will be.
- Olive oil The olive oil in this recipe is used to pre-cook the vegetables. Feel free to use any oil or fat that you would like.
- Minced garlic A little garlic goes a long way. Feel free to use garlic powder if you dont have minced garlic, just be sure to use half the amount!
- Minced onion The onion gets sautéd before putting them into the egg cups. It is a delicious flavor base for the egg bites.
- Fresh spinach You get your veggie serving in with this fresh spinach. You do want to sauté your spinach before putting the spinach in the egg bites to draw the moisture out of the spinach. You can use frozen, cooked spinach to the egg cups, but be sure to ring the excess moisture out from the spinach.
- White cheddar cheese Cheddar cheese adds cheesy goodness to these egg bites! You really can substitute the cheddar cheese with any cheese or omit the cheese all together. You are the maker of your cheese bites.
You May Like: How To Make Vegetable Soup In An Instant Pot
Freezing And Storing Egg Bites
Egg bites are a meal-preppers best friend! Make a couple of big batches and store them in the fridge or freezer for a quick and healthy breakfast on the run:
- Refrigerating: To keep your egg bites on hand for up to a week, place them in an airtight container or a freezer-safe bag. When you are ready to reheat, pop them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until warmed through.
- Freezing: To keep your egg bites on hand for up to 3 months, allow them to cool completely and place them in a freezer-safe bag in the freezer. When you are ready to reheat, allow them to thaw in the fridge first and pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds to a minute.
Instant Pot Egg Bite Tools
These egg bites are easy peasy to make! The first thing you have to do is make sure you have the u003cstrongu003e3 toolsu003c/strongu003e that you need to make these egg bites. Heres what you need.
After you have all the tools you need, there are few steps you need to follow before you can enjoy your delicious egg bites.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Collard Greens In Instant Pot
What Are Egg Bites
Think of mini egg frittatas cooked in silicone egg pans into a dome shape. They are a perfect two to three bite omelet-type egg dish.
You may have tried egg bites at your local Starbucks. Starbuck’s egg bites are probably the reason Instant Pot egg bites have become so popular. The Starbuck’s egg bites recipe is loaded with cheeses and other ingredients cooked in a sous vide machine.
A great way to make copycat Starbucks egg bites is with a special egg bite mold and an electric pressure cooker at home. It’s one of those easy recipes to whip up and a favorite of the Instant Pot recipes for fast cooking time and great results. The moist heat cooks the eggs perfectly.
They can be eaten for any meal of the day, not just breakfast. Serve this Tex Mex version with some of our Mexican Cauliflower Rice and a green salad for lunch or dinner.
Making Pressure Cooker Egg Muffins In The Instant Pot
Egg muffins bake up light and fluffy in the pressure cooker. If youre trying to cut carbs or count calories, then these bacon, egg, and cheese muffins are a perfect way to start the day. With only about 130 calories per muffin, these bites are a quick, eat-on-the-run meal that you can feel good about.
I love cooking hard boiled eggs in the pressure cooker, so I was excited to adapt the popular Egg Muffin recipe from Kalyns Kitchen for the pressure cooker. Kalyn bakes her egg muffins in the oven, but I prefer not to use the oven when Im cooking for just my husband and me.
- 4 slices precooked bacon, crumbled
Also Check: How Long To Cook Turkey Breast In Instant Pot
Delicious Egg Bite Mix
You can make a Starbucks copycat version with bacon and Guyere, but there are a bunch of other combinations you can try!
- Vegetarian Egg Bites – choose any combination of chopped spinach, kale, onions, garlic, zucchini, carrots, with herbs, like parsley, basil, oregano, sage, thyme and/or rosemary.
- Fajita Egg Bites – cooked taco meat, onions, bell pepper, and cilantro with some oregano, cumin, and chili powder.
- Greek-Style Egg Bites – add feta cheese, chopped Kalamata olives, spinach, and oregano, Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing, if you’d like.
- Brunch Egg Bites – add chopped smoked salmon and chives.
Can I Reheat Egg Bites
Yes! Theyre tasty, great for on the go, reheatable and easy to eat. Egg bites are small and quick to reheat. Pop a few on a plate in the microwave and reheat for 1 1.5 minutes from frozen or 30 seconds for fresh. It really depends on your microwave.
If planning ahead and you do not want to eat all the egg bites, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for the upcoming week. Pack them in your lunchbox as a high protein snack. If you want to freeze them, thaw them in the fridge for a few hours or overnight before gently reheating in the toaster oven or microwave. Pop in an airtight glass container with a lid and freeze for up to 3 months.
Read Also: Instant Pot 11 In 1 Review
What You Need To Make Egg Bites
Instead of needing a sous vide machine, this recipe is made in an electric pressure cooker in silicone egg bite molds. The moist heat keeps these egg bites just as light and fluffy as they turn out in sous-vide cooking.
This base recipe for egg bites starts with eggs, cottage cheese, salt, and pepper. The cottage cheese will keep the egg bites super creamy and flavorful.
As for what else to add, the options are up to you!
Egg Bite Mold Recipes
Appetizers | Egg Bite Mold Recipes | Beef | Chicken| Ground Beef | Pork | Dessert | Cheesecake | Ground Beef | Gluten-Free |Seafood | Soup | Pasta| Rice | Recipe Index | Side Dishes
Egg bite mold recipes are a fun bite-sized way to cook up appetizers, breakfast recipes, and even dinner recipes. Here are some of the recipes we’ve been cooking up with our egg bite molds.
Pancake Bites– this is a yummy breakfast recipe that can be made with a variety of flavors and mix-ins.
Meatloaf Bites– this appetizer recipe can also be served up as a meal and uses a combination of ground beef and ground pork, along with seasonings, to come up with the perfect flavor. The special trick for this recipe is using a Silicone Egg Bites Mold to shape and mold the meatloaf bites. The bites cook right in the mold, which is also used for many other egg bite mold recipes.
Nutella Bites– can you say chocolate? Nutella is a delicious chocolatey filling that is amazing in this bite-sized dessert.
Corn Dog Bites– serve these bites up for an appetizer or as part of dinner. This kid-friendly meal idea is great for serving as a lunch or dinner next to mac and cheese and a veggie.
Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Bites– dessert anyone? These cheesecake bites are a terrific way to control portion sizes if you’re concerned about indulging in too much cheesecake. And it’s amazingly delicious. Top with some extra Dulce de Leche just because.
Read Also: How To Make Frozen Chicken In Instant Pot
How Do I Know If My Lid Is Plastic Or Silicone
If your lid will bend over and touch the other side easily, then it is silicone. If it is stiff and not bendable, then it is plastic.
Do you like boiled eggs, but dread peeling them? Just crack, place in each egg bite compartment and pressure cook! Ready in minutes, check out these No Peel Eggs!!
Dont miss our other favorite egg bite mold recipes:
Making Pressure Cooker Egg Bites Without A Silicone Mold
When I was first starting with the pressure cooker, I made Egg Muffins with individual silicone molds. I liked to use the muffins to make Egg Muffin croissant sandwiches.
The egg muffins reheat really well. I had one for breakfast the next day with a slice of toast, and it kept me satisfied until a late lunch.
If you prefer to make bigger muffins filled with more veggies, try making them in glass custard cups. I plan to try that soon.
Read Also: Instant Pot Melissa Clark
Tips For Making The Tastiest Egg Bites
Here youll find some top tips to help you make the tastiest egg bites on the planet.
- Coat the silicone mold in a little cooking spray. While the silicone molds are non-stick, give yourself an extra layer of protection and coat them with a layer of cooking spray before adding the egg batter .
- Chop the filling ingredients evenly. To promote even cooking, chop the filling ingredients as evenly as possible.
- Drain the wet ingredients before adding them in. If youre adding tomatoes or watery peppers to the egg bites, drain them of excess moisture before popping them into the egg batter. This will help to speed up the cooking time.
Can You Stack Silicone Egg Molds In The Instant Pot
Yes, you can stack the silicone molds in the instant pot. First, make sure you place the first one onto a trivet. Also, make sure they are both covered, whether with the lid or with foil.
After that, stack them and cook the recipe using the cooking time mentioned in the recipe card. Stacking the molds does not change the cooking time, more often it will contribute to the instant pot coming to pressure a bit longer.
Read Also: Can You Cook Frozen Chicken In An Instant Pot
Variations Of Instant Pot Egg Bites
The beauty of egg bites is that you can mix and match different ingredients to customize them just the way you like. Here are some winning combinations:
- Greens and Cheese: Spinach or kale pairs well with just about any cheese. We like to use feta, goat cheese or sharp cheddar.
- Bacon and Cheese: Bacon and swiss always hits the spot.
- Bell Pepper and Cheese: Chop up the colorful bell peppers and add them to the mix.
- Broccoli and Mozzarella: Chop broccoli in to small pieces, it will add a nice crunch to the egg bites.
- Broccoli & Mozzarella
Heres How I Make My Egg Bites In The Instant Pot
Crack six eggs into your blender.
The blender does incorporate a bit of air to the egg whites which helps to keep the eggs fluffy, plus it makes sure everything is super well blended together and youll have a nice, yellow consistency throughout.
Add a handful of shredded cheese about half a cup to the eggs and blend until mixed.
Stir in cooked, chopped bacon.
Hint: If youve made a batch of bacon in your oven and frozen it for later youre a rockstar! Just grab the slices and chopped em!
Add salt & pepper.
Grease your silicone molds with some nonstick cooking spray.
Then, pour about a cup of water into your Instant Pot.
Pour the egg mixture into a silicone egg molds and add the top.
Set the manual pressure for 8 minutes, then let the pressure release naturally. You may see Instant Pot speak calling this NPR.
Release the remaining pressure by turning the valve to vent.
The eggs will puff up slightly after cooking but no worries, theyll settle down after they start to cool slightly.
Remove them from the pan while still warm or they tend to stick.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Frozen Ground Turkey In Instant Pot
Where Can I Get Silicone Egg Bite Mold
To make egg bites in Instant Pot you have to have a silicone mold. Actually two with two lids. Sorry but I tried my way around it for over a year and finally buckled up and spent some money haha.
I got this one on Amazon. What I like is that it has 2 lids and not 1 to prevent spilling. And lid is also silicone, so Im not cooking plastic.
- Pressure cook on Low: Then close the lid, move valve to Sealing and Pressure Cook on Low for 8 minutes 8 quart Instant Pot, 11 minutes 6 quart Instant Pot. And then we release pressure using Quick Release.
Can You Freeze Instant Pot Egg Bites
You can absolutely freeze egg bites. I recommend placing cooked and cooled egg bites on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and covering with plastic wrap .
After they are frozen, you can transfer them to a gallon-sized bag where they can be stored for up to 3 months.
To prepare a frozen egg bite, I would take them out of the freezer and microwave for 30-60 seconds, then flip them over and microwave again for additional 30-60 seconds.
You may have some liquid come out of the egg bites and the texture may be slightly different , but they are perfectly okay to eat from frozen.
Also Check: How To Pressure Cook In Instant Pot
How To Eat Reheat Or Freeze Egg Bites
Enjoy egg bites straight out of the pot for breakfast or brunch, or pack them as high protein, snackable pick-me-ups. Theyre also great the next day, smooshed onto a piece of bread and warmed in the toaster oven.
Store them in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days.
If you want to freeze them, do so in an airtight container as well. Thaw them in the fridge for a few hours or overnight before gently reheating in the toaster oven or microwave.
Assembling Your Instant Pot Egg Bites
Assembling these Instant Pot egg bites only requires a handful of wholesome ingredients and some super simple prep. Heres a quick overview of the steps you need to take to make these tasty bites:
- Blend the Eggs: Using a blender, combine the eggs and cottage cheese until smooth.
- Assemble the Egg Bites: Next, pour the egg mixture into the mold, leaving just a bit of space at the top. Sprinkle each egg mold with veggies, meats, cheeses, and/or herbs and cover the mold with a lid or some foil.
- Cook the Egg Bites: Fill the Instant Pot with 1/2 cup of water and pop the mold onto the trivet. Secure the lid, flip the Instant Pot to the sealing position, and set the timer to 10 minutes on steam. Allow the Instant Pot to do a natural release, then flip it to the venting setting to release any leftover pressure. Remove the egg bites and enjoy!
Also Check: Ninja Air Fryer Instant Pot Combo
Different Ingredients For Instant Pot Egg Bites
Want to get even more creative? Below find a handful of ingredients to play around with to create your very own egg bite.
- Veggies: Onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, green onions, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, spinach, kale, sautéed garlic, and potatoes
- Meats: Bacon, ham, steak, smoked salmon, grilled chicken, turkey, Canadian bacon, and breakfast sausage
- Cheeses: Mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, swiss cheese, pepper jack cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, feta cheese, goat cheese, and gruyere
- Herbs: Cilantro, parsley, basil, and dill