Honey Mustard Pork Chops
Pork chops and potatoes in instant pot is a breeze to make. No more dry and over cooked pork chops and no more mushy potatoes ever again. The boneless pork chops are briefly seared to lock in moisture and elevate the flavors manifold.
You can make this instant pot boneless pork chops and potatoes in just 30 mins. Bonus the super addictive honey mustard pork chops marinade/glaze. You might just want to make a double batch soon!
Easy boneless pork chops recipes are a must have just like this instant pot pork adobo recipe. They are great for busy weeknight dinners & tastes amazing too!
Instant Pot Pork Chops With Gravy
Instant Pot Pork Chops with Gravy are one of the best comforting and flavorful instant pot recipes! Learn how to make tender and juicy pork chops in your instant pot, it’s so easy!
It’s always funny to me how we look forward to Summer break from school every single year, and I personally count the days down right along with my kiddos! But, even when summer finally arrives we find ourselves just as busy as we are during the rest of the year. That keeps me constantly reaching for my instant pot on a regular basis. I love making sure we can have a nice dinner on the table even on the most hectic days.
I modeled these Instant Pot Pork Chops after my recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Gravy. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it! Everyone in my house loves the slow cooker pork chops so much that I wanted the Instant Pot recipe to be as similar as possible! If you’re looking for more pork chop recipes, be sure to try out these delish Baked Pork Chops with Rice too! If you’re an air fryer user, definitely try these Air Fryer Pork Chops they’re just amazing!
How Long To Cook Pork Chops In Instant Pot
Pork Chops can vary in the pressure cooker based on size, thickness and of course marbling. You will need to vary the cooking time slightly if you have different cuts of pork chops.
I use chops about 3/4 to 1 thick with bone in. Just like roast chicken, bone in meat is tender and has tons of flavor. If you have pork steaks they come out melt in your mouth tender but youll need to add a little bit of time if theyre thick. I personally wouldnt recommend thin cut pork chops in the pressure cooker.
- Bone-In Center Cut Chops about 15-18 minutes .
- Boneless Loin Chops I cook to 8-10 minutes.
- Pork Steaks: Pork steaks 1 thick need about 20 minutes, they come out very tender.
If you have frozen pork chops and are pressed for time, you can make Instant Pot frozen pork chops but youll need to add about 5 minutes or so extra. Skip the searing step. Be aware that the Instant Pot will take longer to come up to pressure when you are starting from frozen.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Broil Ribs After Instant Pot
Brown Pork Chops In Instant Pot
PressSaute button to heat up your Instant Pot using Sauté Normal function. It will switch to ON on the screen.
Wait until it says HOTon the screen. It will take roughly 8 minutes.
*Pro Tip: Make sure Instant Pot is as hot as it can be in order to induce a Maillard reaction.
Add 2 tbsp unsalted butter in the Instant Pots inner pot. Ensure the whole bottom is coated with butter.
Place 2 pork chops in Instant Pot. The seasoned side should be facing down. Brown for roughly 2 minutes per side. Lightly season the other side with salt and black pepper.
*Pro Tip: This is the color you are looking for with your Pork Chops.
Set aside the browned pork chops, then repeat this step for the other 2 pork chops.
How To Store & Reheat Leftovers
- To store your leftovers, place the pork chops and any sauce in food storage containers or bags and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days.
- You can also freeze the pork chops for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
- To reheat, place the pork chops and the sauce in a covered skillet or saucepan over low heat. Cook until heated through, but do not overcook. Alternatively, you could place the pork and sauce in a baking dish covered with foil, and bake at 350°F until heated through. Again, be careful not to overcook!
- Return pork chops to the instant pot.
- Secure the lid in place. Select Pressure Cook and set on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- When the cooking time ends, release pressure and then do a quick release.
- Carefully remove the lid and transfer pork chops to a serving dish.
- Select the “Saute” mode on the Instant pot.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water until combined add it to the sauce in the instant pot. Stir constantly until gravy has thickened.
- Optionally, stir in some heavy cream for a creamier gravy sauce and continue to cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Taste for salt and pepper adjust to taste.
- Serve the pork chops with the creamy mushroom sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
You May Like: Whole Chicken Instant Pot
Instant Pot Pork Chops
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
For maximum flavor, I prefer cooking them with the bone on. You can also make Instant Pot boneless pork chops using this same method.
Create A Free Account To Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS
- Seasoning: You can add different flavors to the recipe using seasonings. For a garlicky flavor add minced garlic cloves, garlic salt, or garlic powder. You can also try out other seasonings like thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil, or red pepper flakes.
- Mushrooms: For delicious mushrooms in your Instant Pot Pork Chops toss in some sliced mushrooms to cook along with the gravy at the end.
- Sauce: You can experiment with the flavor of the pork chops with gravy by adding different sauce ingredients to the gravy mixture. Mix in the ingredients when youre adding the cornstarch to thicken the sauce. There are plenty of delicious flavors to try like Worcestershire sauce, mustard, or apple cider vinegar.
- Honey Pork chops: Try making Honey Pork Chops for a sweeter recipe. Add 2-3 tablespoons of honey to the sauce recipe before drizzling it over the pork chops. Another option instead of honey is mixing in some brown sugar.
- Creamy Pork Chops: To make more creamy pork chops, add thick creamy ingredients to the sauce like sour cream or heavy cream. The sour cream will add a bit of tang that the heavy cream wont, so it depends on the flavor you want in your sauce.
- Broth: You can exchange the chicken broth for beef broth, vegetable broth, or use low sodium chicken broth.
SIDES TO SERVE WITH PORK CHOPS
You May Like: How To Bake In Instant Pot
Why Use An Instant Pot
The Instant Pot is one of the most useful kitchen appliances you can buy, because it drastically cuts down on the cooking time for developing flavors in soups and stews, getting tough cuts of meat tender, and even baking a cheesecake. And there are many accessories that will help you get more out of your Instant Pot.
- Dont Have an Instant Pot Yet?This guide can help you choose the right one.
How Long To Cook Instant Pot Pork Chops
The beauty of Instant Pot pork chops vs. cooking them a more traditional way is not only the time savings, but they turn out so tender! Generally, pork has been one of the proteins I least enjoy cooking, with the exception of a low-and-slow roasted pork roast. Youll sear your chops as normal, deglaze the pan with a little, wine, cooking broth or both, depending on which you choose .
Youll set your timer for just six minutes, then allow the pressure to release naturally for another ten. Finish up by making the sauce with just a couple added ingredients, and youll have a restaurant-worthy dish that no one would ever guess came out of your Instant Pot!
You May Like: How To Make Dal In Instant Pot
Wine Pairings For Pork Chops
- Pork pairs awesomely with Pinot Noir. Its a light bodied red that doesnt overpower the flavors and the bright acidity is a nice match for the slight fattiness in the pork.
- Rose is another great match for these pork chops. Its bright acidity pairs so well with the brown sugar rub on these pork chops.
- READ MORE > The best wine pairings for pork chops.
If you loved this Instant Pot Pork Chop recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on,, and.
More Instant Pot Recipes
How To Cook Frozen Pork Chops:
Another reason we love our instant pot, is I can still dinner done fast even if my meat is frozen. This is the perfect meal to prepare ahead of time and freeze.
Simply, toss your frozen ingredients in the instant pot and cook. You will probably need to double your time to about 10 minutes.
Your pork chops will go from frozen to a delicious tender meal in the matter of minutes.
Recommended Reading: Can You Can In An Instant Pot Max
Serving Instant Pot Pork Chops
Instant Pot Pork Chops are succulent and so flavorful, and theyre ready in under 30 minutes! That means this easy Instant Pot pork chops recipe is perfect for your busy weeknights.
Searing the pork beforehand gives the chops a gorgeous color and appearance, and the pressure cooker ensures that youll end up with juicy pork chops that are perfectly cooked.
The hardest part of this meal is deciding what to serve with the pressure cooker pork chops! Truthfully they are perfect as-is, although you could add a sauce or gravy.
I usually prefer to serve them with a few easy sides like a baked potato or steamed broccoli.
No matter what you serve it with, its sure to be one of your new favorite Instant Pot recipes because its such an easy dinner!
One: Sear Pork And Saute Mushrooms
While it is not necessary to sear the pork chops before pressure cooking, it does add flavor and texture to the meal and only takes a few extra minutes of preparation.
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute and add in oil to let heat.
- Generously season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sear the pork chops on each side for 1-2 minutes or until fully browned. **This may need to be done in batches to not over-crowd the inner pot of the pressure cooker.
- Once browned, remove the pork chops from the Instant Pot and place them on a plate.
- Add in the mushrooms and onions and saute for 1-2 minutes or until the onions start to break down.
- Add in the garlic and saute one minute longer and then turn the Instant Pot off.
Don’t Miss: How Long Do You Cook Ribs In An Instant Pot
How To Serve Instant Pot Pork Chops
These pork chops turn out very tender and ready to eat. You can set them directly on the plate and eat them as is. Theyre lightly seasoned, so they go with everything.
If you happen to have any left overs, you can freeze them to be reheated later. Cooked pork chops will freeze well for at least a month and can be taken out and reheated in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes, or reheated in the microwave.
How To Make Pork Chops In The Instant Pot
You May Like: What Are The Benefits Of An Instant Pot
How To Make Frozen Instant Pot Pork Chops
The beauty of the Instant Pot is that you can cook meat from frozen without thawing! You can easily use frozen pork chops in this recipe.
For this recipe, skip the step of browning the pork chops, but still brown the onions and mushrooms. Add the frozen pork chops to the pot and cook on manual high pressure for an additional 5 to 8 minutes . Follow the same steps to natural release before quick releasing the pressure and make the gravy the same way.
Instant Pot Pork Chops With A Dijon Butter Sauce
Since the first time I made Instant Pot pork chops, I knew Id never cook them another way. This extremely simple recipe is one of my favorites from my Instant Pot cookbook I released earlier this year ! Since I started eating keto a few months ago, I made a very slight alteration to make them keto pork chops, too.
Both versions are in the recipe below, although the change is very minor. The original recipe calls for a little wine, which I omit here. But you could leave it in and the carbs will still be insanely low, even for keto pork chops.
Weeknight Cooking with your Instant Pot. Theyre delicious and great as keto pork chops, too! width=800 height=1013 data-pin-description=Instant Pot Pork Chops with Dijon Butter Sauce ZERO carbs! | #ketorecipe #ketoporkchops #lowcarbdinner #lowcarbpork | Keto Pork Chops>
Tools For Instant Pot Pork Chops
Tenderize Pork Chops
Use the back-end of a heavy knife or meat tenderizer to pound on the pork chops.
*Pro Tip: Dont worry about using too much power as pork chops are very resilient to force.
Pound both sides of pork chops and make the criss-cross patterns .
Pat dry the pork chops with paper towels.
Season one side of the pork chops with salt and black pepper just before you place them in Instant Pot.
What Are Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops
When it comes to my Instant Pot, Im willing to try almost anything in them. These Instant Pot boneless pork chops come out so tender! Instant Pot pork chops are a thick cut pork chop that is seared in the Instant Pot and finished on high pressure. They might not save you much time, but they do free up the oven for other things.
These pork chops are also healthy for you as well as gluten free and low carb.
You May Like: How To Make Popcorn In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Ranch Pork Chops:
This Instant Pot Ranch Pork Chops is one of the easiest instant pot recipe. This recipe only requires a few ingredients and the flavor is amazing when adding the ranch seasoning packet.
We like to brown the pork chops just to give the pork chops that brown, crispy texture. Then we toss all the ingredients in the instant pot for an amazing meal idea.
You can even add in some potatoes and carrots to make it a complete meal.
Boneless Pork Chop Ingredients
After a day with the family, sometimes you dont want to cook, you want something else to do the cooking for you. With boneless pork chops, your job couldnt be any easier. Put that Instant Pot to work for your family and make something delicious. Here is a breakdown of the ingredients used in this dish.
- Boneless, thick-cut boneless pork chops
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chicken broth
Pork chops There are many benefits to eating pork chops for dinner. One of the biggest benefits is the fact that lean pork is so good for you! They are a leaner meat that is great for you and your family. You will need a thick cut pork chop for this recipe. Thin cut or bone-in chops will require a different cooking time.
Italian seasoning You can pick up Italian seasoning anywhere you go. You dont need it to be fancy or expensive. But you can pick some up to make for meals like this. Its an inexpensive ingredient to add to your foods. You can also try your hand at homemade Italian seasoning to have on hand too.
Garlic powder While I love using real garlic in my dishes, I also enjoy using garlic powder. I love the taste of garlic in my dishes. Lets not forget how much of a powerhouse garlic powder is in the flavor department.
Extra virgin olive oil You need a high heat oil because you will use it to sear the pork chops. EVOO is the perfect oil for this but plain olive oil works as well.