How To Make This Recipe In The Instant Pot
- Set instant pot to saute. Once it reads hot add 1 tsp olive oil then break beef into large chunks and add to instant pot along with garlic and a few pinches of salt.
- Let beef brown, stirring and breaking up beef occasionally, until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Press the cancel button to turn instant pot off.
- Break spaghetti noodles in half. Add about 1/6 into an even layer over beef, then add another 1/6 going the opposite direction into an even layer. Repeat this pattern with remaining noodles four times.
- Add in marinara sauce, basil, tomatoes and water and season lightly with salt and pepper .
- Seal the lid of the Instant Pot, making sure the valve is set to sealing. Press the manual mode button and set to 7 minutes.
- Once time is up, use the quick release method according to manufactures instructions. Once sputtering stops open lid, remove basil and toss spaghetti with a fork.
- Let rest two minutes . Sere warm with parmesan and basil leaves or chopped basil ribbons.
How To Make Instant Pot Baked Spaghetti
Step #1: Turn the Instant Pot on to sauté mode and brown the ground beef. Add the onion and chopped bell pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Step #2: Add the rest of the ingredients and close the lid on the Instant Pot. Make sure the valve is set to sealed, and turn to manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
Step #3: Do a quick release, stir, and add the cheese to the spaghetti.
Dish up, serve, and enjoy!
How To Make Pressure Cooker Spaghetti
Now that youve gathered all the ingredients, you just layer everything in your Instant Pot, and set it to cook on high for 10 minutes.
PRO TIP: This doesnt mean youll be serving dinner in 10 minutes. The Instant Pot takes some time to build pressure inside. Once the pressure has built up, it will start counting down the cook time. Not to worry though, your delicious dinner will be on the table in no time!
- Start by placing your meatballs in an even layer on the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Top with the spaghetti noodles and then drizzle with a little olive oil, to help prevent your noodles from sticking.
- Pour your favorite jar of pasta sauce over the top and then add in 3 cups of water.
You May Like: Converting Crock Pot Recipe To Instant Pot
Spaghetti In The Instant Pot
- Prep is so quick and easy for this recipe a great way to make a bolognese-inspired pasta dish if youre short on time.
- Thanks to cooking in the instant pot with the sauce, the spaghetti soak up so much flavor when cooked under pressure this way. This makes the dish taste great, even though you barely have to do anything!
- Serve with parmesan cheese and chopped basil/parsley to make a simple recipe feel extra-special.
Add Basil To The Marinara For More Flavor
However I think they dont add enough basil and garlic to any jar of spaghetti sauce Ive tried so I always add more. If you dont want to pay for the fresh basil then just add some dried basil, maybe 1 tsp.
And finish it off with lots of parmesan. And more basil. Because you can never have too much basil on your spaghetti.
Read Also: Tender Sirloin Tip Roast
Instant Pot Spaghetti In 25 Minutes
- Incredibly Easy & Quick To Make
- Uses Simple, Kitchen Staple Ingredients
- Instant Pot Does All The Work
- Delicious, Classic, Comfort Food
Spaghetti ALWAYS works, but this one in particular, is just too easy! Im certain you will have most, if not ALL of these ingredients in your kitchen already. This is a classic comfort food recipe, made in a new and different way! Easy prep, big flavor, this is a dish the whole family will love, ready in just 25 minutes.
Ingredients To Cook Spaghetti Noodles In An Instant Pot
The ingredients for this recipe are shown in the photo below, we use very simple basic ingredients for this recipe.
As you can see the recipe calls for:
- dried spaghetti noodles
- cracked pepper
This is the basics for what you will need to learn, understand, and master for Instant Pot Spaghetti recipes.
Don’t Miss: Frozen Hamburger In Instant Pot
How To Calculate Cook Time For Pasta In The Instant Pot
Cook time varies depending on the type/shape of pasta. So I use a general rule of thumb to determine the cook time.
I follow this simple formula for calculating the cook time: Take the recommended standard cook time printed on the box and divide that in half. Then, subtract one minute.
The resulting number is your cook time for high pressure in the Instant Pot!
For example, if the box says to boil the pasta for 10 minutes, then divide that in half to get 5 minutes. Subtract one minute and you get 4 minutes, which is the cook time for that pasta at high pressure.
If your box gives you an odd number for the suggested cook time, just round down to the nearest even number. So if the cook time is 11 minutes, round down to 10 and go from there.
I realize everyones preference for how firm or tender pasta should be is a little different, so if for some reason your pasta doesnt seem tender enough for your liking, just cook it for one more minute.
Likewise, if you prefer a firmer pasta, subtract one more minute from the cook time.
Can You Cook Pasta In The Instant Pot With Just Water
While you can probably cook the pasta with just water, you may actually have the pasta stick to the pot and each other as the liquid decreases in the pressure cooker. This is why you will want to use the minimum for the best results for cooking pasta in the Instant Pot
- Water Chicken broth can be substituted to add more flavor to the pasta
Read Also: Frozen Beef Instant Pot
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Slow Cooker Function
Thicken & Season Spaghetti Sauce:
Dont panic when you open the lid to a liquidy spaghetti sauce right after pressure cooking. Thats perfectly normal!
Thicken the spaghetti sauce by using the Saute More function, and bring the sauce back to a simmer. Use a few minutes to thicken, taste, and season the spaghetti and sauce to your preferences. These extra few minutes will make a big difference to the spaghettis flavor & texture!
Tips For Making Instant Pot Spaghetti
- Use either white or whole wheat spaghetti in this recipe Ive tested it with both with good success. I recommend cooking whole wheat spaghetti for 5 minutes . Cook white spaghetti for 7 minutes .
- You can use either ground beef or ground turkey in this recipe.
- When you use a full pound of meat in this recipe, the dish is heavy on the meat. You can use half a pound of meat instead of a full pound if you like less meat in your pasta. Either buy 1/2 pound from the butcher or save the other half pound from a one pound package to make tacos.
- Ive tested this recipe without the meat and it worked great! To make vegetarian spaghetti, put the water in the pot first, then the seasonings, then pasta, then sauce on top. Do not stir and pressure cook as directed.
- Use a good quality marinara sauce that you love the flavor of, as that will impact the flavor of the finished dish.
- Do not stir after adding the spaghetti or sauce. You will arrange the spaghetti in alternating directions to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- Be sure to do a quick release right away when the cook time finishes so the pasta doesnt over cook.
- When you first open the Instant Pot, the sauce will look thin. Give it a stir and let it rest for 3-5 minutes and it will be perfect!
Read Also: Pork Shoulder Instant Pot Frozen
Dump And Start One Pot Spaghetti:
Weve developed this spaghetti recipe with an option for those who want the quickest & easiest dump-it-all-in meal. You can get this spaghetti meal on the table in 30 minutes!
*Note: Simply remember to break the seasoned ground beef into smaller chunks, then layer the ground beef, onions, garlic, dried herbs at the bottom of the pot before pressure cooking.
Free Printable: Formula For Perfect Instant Pot Pasta
Never look up how to cook pasta in the Instant Pot again! To receive your handy Pressure Cooker Pasta printable, simply fill out the form below.
Why make Perfect Pressure Cooker Pasta when the most common method is simply a matter of boiling water? Ive got reasons for days.
Nothing drives me more crazy in the kitchen than dealing with a pot of pasta on the stove that WILL NOT STOP FOAMING! You stir, stir, stir, and when that doesnt work, you take it off the heat, let it settle, only to put it back on the heat and have it quickly foam to the top and you repeat the entire process all over again.
Ive tried all the gizmos, the wooden spoon trick, the oil trick, etc, etc, and I have resolved to lose the stovetop pasta battle.
To my rescue, totally awesome pressure cooker!
I can throw the pasta, salt, and water in and walk away. In fact, I can even have my daughter do it while I take a nap!
There are several different cook times and water to pasta ratios out there, and after a lot of experimenting, Ive finally narrowed it down to my ideal time. Lots of good info here, lets get started!
Read Also: How Long To Cook Pork Belly In Instant Pot
Watch How Easy It Is To Make Instant Pot Spaghetti
Instant Pot Spaghetti is a one pot spaghetti that turns out delicious, and is easy and quick to make. A semi-homemade Pressure cooker spaghetti that the whole family will enjoy. Perfect on a busy day.
- 1lbLean Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 3clovesGarlic,pressed or minced
- 8ozSpaghetti Noodles
- 1 canDiced Tomatoes,with juice
- 1 jarSpaghetti Sauce
- 2cupsChicken Broth or Water,low sodium
- Parmesan Cheese
Turn your pot on to the Sauté setting. When it is hot, add the ground beef . Stir to break apart the meat.
Add the onions and the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and basil. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until the meat is mostly done, and the onions are turning translucent.
Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Scatter in the spaghetti noodles in a random fashion, so they are not al laying side-by-side. This keeps them from sticking together.
Pour the diced tomatoes evenly over the noodles. Do not stir.
Pour on the spaghetti sauce, evenly, completely covering all of the noodles . Do not stir.
Pour in the broth/water down the inner side of the stainless liner, so the sauce doesn’t wash off of the noodles. Do not stir.
Close the lid and lock in place. Set the steam release knob to the Sealing position. Cancel the Sauté setting.
Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button or dial and use the + or – or dial to select 8 minutes or 6 minutes .
Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve with some French bread.
Why Cook Pasta In An Instant Pot
Of course, you may wonder why you should bother about cooking pasta in an instant pot. Since its a recipe that can also be easily prepared over the stovetop, this method may seem unnecessary. But instant pot pasta isnt just another reason to employ that underused appliance in the kitchen. It comes with tons of pros, some of the best which will be discussed below
Its a One-Pot Meal: With an instant pot, the pasta cooks in with no need of draining. And once the recommended water quantity is used, the moisture combines with the starch to bring the recipe to the perfect doneness.
Its Versatile: We know pasta comes in a wide array of shapes and sizes. But they can all work with the universal instant pot technique. So whether its a penne, bucatini, spaghetti, or macaroni, all will cook properly in the pressure cooker. Plus, it also works for whole wheat and gluten-free options.
Its Easy: The set-and-forget method of using instant pots makes cooking pasta convenient. And youll be able to prepare any amount of batch at any time, hands-off, and with zero hassle.
Its a Clean Process: Remember the messy starchy spillover thats notorious with cooking pasta on the stove? Well, say goodbye to it when you use an instant pot!
Read Also: Instant Pot Shows Burn
Can I Add Beef Or Sausage To My Spaghetti
While the recipes that I listed above definitely serve as a good starting point for branching out, theres still something to be said about taking this specific recipe and adding on to it.
Another one of my go-tos for sauce is to simply toss either sausage or lean ground beef into the instant pot, along with some red wine, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes.
How To Make The Best Instant Pot Spaghetti
In my mind the key to making the best Instant Pot spaghetti is using V8 as the liquid for cooking the spaghetti in. Heres how to make spaghetti in the Instant Pot and the Crockpotyou choose!
Instant Pot Instructions:
Slow Cooker Instructions:
Read Also: Unsoaked Chickpeas Instant Pot
Why Did It Take So Long To Buy An Instant Pot
I was late to the game with buying and using an Instant Pot. Sure I heard all the excited claims about the ease of cooking. But I wasnt convinced. Until I was!
I love to use my Instant Pot for An Instant Pot Roast when Im cooking a whole roast at a time. It results in a flavorful, tender roast and lots of gravy! I also make an Instant Pot Pepperoncini Roast where I basically dump a whole jar of pickled pepperoncini juice and all over the roast and cook it.
Im discovering many ways that Instant Pot is making my life easer. Theres a list below of my favorite Instant Pot recipes so far.
I even recently got an *Air Fryer for my Instant Pot and Im currently experimenting with fun ways to use that as well.
Id love for you to share your favorite ways to use your air fryer!
How Long To Cook Pasta In Instant Pot
Pasta is a fun addition to tons of menus, whether its fusilli, spaghettini, or ravioli. And weve gotten used to having this tasty dish, as we can prepare it in various ways and with numerous ingredients. Pasta is excellent with tomato-based sauces , but theyre also perfect with grilled meat, fish, roasted vegetables, and even baked potatoes. But if you arent used to cooking with an instant pot, it may seem impossible to perform.
Here, youll get an in-depth idea of how to time instant pot paste to perfection. Plus, youll also learn the many tricks to avoid a messy kitchen, use your pressure cooker safely and create a stunning dish every time.
You May Like: What Does It Mean Food Burn On Instant Pot
How To Stop Starch From Shooting Out
As we mentioned above, our primary goal with this method fo cooking pasta in the Instant Pot is to prevent starch from escaping during the release, and spraying starchy liquid all over your kitchen. In fact, it was one of the first times I cooked gluten-free pasta in the Instant Pot when I did not know how to react when the starch started spewing everywhere in my kitchen. Everything in the vicinity of my IP was covered in a starchy slime, and I feared that my Instant Pot was ruined since so much had come out from the release valve. Luckily, a few cycles through the dishwasher and taking apart the valve to clean it saved it.
But how to prevent the starch from escaping in the future? The first step was coming up with this method for cooking it which reduces the amount of starch that escapes to begin with. It truly makes a difference. But the next step was stopping the starch from coming out, without overcooking the pasta, if it does occur.
If a lot of starch starts to spew out of the pressure release valve, using a towel, carefully shut the valve, and let it stay closed for 20 seconds. After 20 seconds have passed, you can release the valve again. You can repeat this process as necessary until all the pressure has released. This helps control the temperature and rapid boiling with the Instant Pot, which reduces the starch from escaping.