Breakfast Casserole With Bacon
You have just found the easiest Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole Recipe, guaranteed to be loved by the whole family. Its a great low carb breakfast casserole, requires no effort and packed full of everyday breakfast staples. A great option for brunch, lunch and a quick dinner too. Suitable for Gluten-Free and Low Carb and Keto diets. The post;includes Weight Watchers points. Recipe from Recipes From A Pantry.
Open The Instant Pot Lid
After your cabbage has completed pressure cooking and the pin has dropped from releasing the pressure, open the lid and stir your cabbage together.
Youll notice I didnt add any butter to the cabbage while it was pressure cooking. Thats because I already had fat from the sauteed bacon in the liquid and you wont be eating a lot of the liquid.
If I added the butter into the cabbage, the butter would be diluted while cooking. Instead, I prefer to place a little melted butter on the table and let guests decide if they want to drizzle a little extra on it.
And thats it! Thats how you make cabbage in the Instant Pot. Here are the steps written in an easy to digest list:
Can You Overcook Green Beans
Well, yes and no. It kind of comes down to preference. Typically properly cooked green beans will have a slight crisp to it, but some people prefer there’s a little softer. I tend to cook them just enough so they still have a slight crisp for this Green Beans With Bacon recipe, but you can adjust to your personal preference.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Chile In Instant Pot
How To Make Cabbage In An Instant Pot
- To make Instant Pot cabbage with bacon, start by sauteing the bacon in your Instant Pot until its cooked and crispy.;
- While the bacon is cooking, wash and chop your cabbage. Youll want it to be in pieces that somewhat resemble bite size.;
- Add the water and Better than Bouillon to deglaze the pan , along with the soy sauce and minced garlic.;
- Add the cabbage pieces on top of the bacon mixture, toss it together, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lock the lid to SEALING and cook for 4-6 minutes.;
- Do a quick release on the lid immediately after the cooktime. Stir, and serve!
And thats it! When you transfer the cabbage to a serving bowl, make sure that you include all of the yummy bacon and broth that tend to sink to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
How To Make Bbq Bacon Meatloaf In An Instant Pot Or Electric Pressure Cooker
This Instant Pot meatloaf recipe will work in any brand of electric pressure cooker, including the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or Power Pressure Cooker XL.
This is my familys favorite meatloaf recipe, updated for the pressure cooker. I love cooking meatloaf in the pressure cooker! The steam created while pressure cooking helps keep it from drying out.
Also Check: What To Make In An Instant Pot
How Long Do I Cook Bacon In The Instant Pot
In general I like my bacon less crispy and cooked. I tend to get the perfect bacon in just 2-3 minutes per side.
The time to cook bacon will also depend on two things:
- the thickness of the bacon pieces.
- the fat in the bacon.
If youre using a thicker cut of bacon, you may want to add an additional minute or two to get the level of crispness you prefer.
If the bacon youre using has a lot of fat, it will tend to cook faster and crumble easily. For this type of bacon you may want to keep the minimal amount of cook time.
Cook times will also vary when it comes to how done and crispy you would like your cooked bacon to be. For more a more crispier style bacon, add on some additional time in 1 minute intervals.
You can even add a little flavor by adding a dash of black pepper during the cooking process.
Just remember the thinner the bacon and the longer you cook it will cause the bacon to crumble into the perfect bacon bits versus stay in halved pieces.
To clean the pot when youre finished, add a cup of water or chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to remove the stuck pieces on the bottom before washing. It makes cleaning up easier.;
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES
Instant Pot Recipes For Bacon Lovers
Bacon takes ordinary dishes to extraordinary and so we have some irresistible Instant Pot recipes that feature bacon. From crispy bacon Brussels sprouts and beans to pressure cooked stews and pasta dishes, these recipes will delight all true bacon lovers.
Can you smell it? Laying in bed on a lazy-no-workday, a wonderful person in your household decides to make breakfast. And you smell the perfect pairing of fresh dripped coffee and bacon. The struggle to get up is motivated by each sizzle of that crispy bacon coming into its own perfection.
Who doesnt love bacon? Bacon makes everything better and takes ordinary to extraordinary. Its no longer a breakfast only item. You can have it wrapped around, chopped up, or garnish any dish, even serve it with ice cream and doughnuts.
There are different types of bacon that can be found based on where you live which can also affect how you cook the bacon for a given recipe. But all have that addicting, salty, buttery, sweetness in each bite.
You May Like: How To Cook Hoppin John In Instant Pot
Are There Other Types Of Bacon
Yes! Different countries have their own versions. Here are some popular types of bacon from around the world.
- Slab bacon is uncut. Usually, the butcher will slice it to the thickness you want.
- Lardons are diced slices of streaky bacon. So nothing fancy here except the cut.
- Buckboard bacon is also called cottage bacon, pork butt, or Boston butt. Its meatier than traditional American bacon.
- Canadian bacon is more like ham because of the way it is cured. Its also a meatier cut.
- Peameal bacon is another Canadian cut. Traditionally, it was rolled in yellow peameal, but now cornmeal is usually substituted.
- Irish bacon or rashers are popular in Ireland. This bacon has an edge of fat around it.
- Speck is known for its flavor because its smoked with juniper berries.
- Pancetta is Italian bacon that is not cured but smoked with spices.
- Guanciale is another Italian bacon. It is not smoked, having a stronger flavor than Pancetta, and is used in sauces.
- Szalonna or Hungarian bacon is spiced with paprika and garlic. Its usually roasted over a campfire.
- Lap Yuk or Chinese bacon has soy sauce and other Chinese spices.
- Uncured bacon has no added nitrates.
- Vegan bacon is a vegetarian, plant-based option, usually flavored with soy and other spices.
Whats The Difference Between Traditional Bacon And Turkey Bacon
Bacon is more of a treat than a full meal, and can be used to add flavor or as a side dish. Traditional bacon is made from pork and has a bad rap for being high in fat. But bacon has some great things about it. Its full of B vitamins, selenium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, zinc, and potassium. Cured meats like bacon are considered red meats.
Turkey bacon is obviously made from turkey. On the upside, turkey bacon has fewer calories and fat than pork bacon. On the downside, turkey bacon has less protein and more sugar than traditional bacon. Its really up to you to use whatever bacon you like best.
Don’t Miss: What To Cook In Instant Pot
How Do You Cook Bacon
Youll find instructions below for each of these six methods.
- Stovetop the traditional way of frying bacon in a skillet.
- Oven a hands-off method to bake bacon. Youll need a baking sheet and some foil or parchment paper.
- Microwave a hands-off and fast method to cook bacon.
- Instant Pot an electric pressure cooker is an easy way to cook bacon.
- Air Fryer an air fryer gives you a hands-off method for cooking bacon
- Grill a great way to add a smoky flavor to bacon.
Love Green Beans Check Out These Recipes
- Keto Green Bean Casserole – A must for your family get-togethers.
So whether you plan on using this recipe as a side dish or just plan on cooking it for a quick and easy keto-friendly meal, you’re sure to love these Green Beans with Bacon. Make sure to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest and Facebook so they can enjoy it as well!
;Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.;Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Brown Rice In Instant Pot
Best Instant Pot Bacon Fried Cabbage
Best part about this delicious fried cabbage bacon recipe is that you dont need a lot of special equipment to make it. All you need are just a few items:
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, you will need the Instapot pressure cooker to cook the cabbage and bacon, and it is ready in minutes!
Kitchen Knife, you will need a knife to chop the bacon and cabbage.
Cutting Board, you will need the cutting board to chop the ingredients for this tasty side dish.
Can I Cook The Bacon In My Instant Pot
Definitely! You can make the bacon for these BBQ Deviled Eggs right in your pressure cooker, or you can use a skillet on the stovetopwhatever works best for you!
To cook the bacon in your Instant Pot, select the Sauté function. For bacon, I dont wait until the pot is hot. Just add it while the pot is heating up and sizzle the bacon until its crispy.
Then, drain the cooked bacon on a paper towel-lined plate and crumble or finely chop the bacon when its fully cool.
Don’t Miss: How Long To Cook Potatoes In Instant Pot
What To Serve With Cabbage And Bacon
Cabbage and bacon is a great side dish that will pair well with any recipe that youre making. Though you can pair your cabbage and bacon with any protein like chicken or beef, its a great accompaniment for any pork protein. Pair the cabbage and bacon with sausage, ham or pork chops. If youre looking for a flavourful vegetable side, this is the one!
How Long Do You Pressure Cook Green Beans
How long you pressure cook your green beans with bacon should be determined by the consistency you prefer. I prefer a slight crisp to mine, so this recipe calls for 4 minutes under high pressure with a quick pressure release.
If you want them softer, increase the time under pressure by one minute. If you prefer them just slightly steamed, reduce the time under pressure by a minute.
You May Like: Does Walmart Sell Instant Pot
Tips And Tricks For Instant Pot Green Beans And Bacon
- Sauté or no?: I don’t usually sauté the bacon. I put in all the ingredients, and just set the pot for 4 minutes. Think of this as a faster version of boiled pork for seasoning.;
- Crunchy or Tender: These southern green beans are falling-apart tender and full of flavor. If you like them crunchier, cook for 2 minutes under pressure. If you like them even softer, allow the pressure cooker to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, and then release any remaining pressure–or just let it release pressure naturally all the way for even more well-cooked green beans.
- Other meats: You can also cut up small pieces of ham instead of bacon.
- Fresh or Frozen?: Wondering how to cook frozen green beans for this green beans and bacon recipe. You do not need to defrost the beans, nor do you need to increase the cooking time.
- No Pork: If you avoid pork, use chicken or beef sausage diced up into small pieces.
- Variations: If you want to make Instant Pot Green beans with Ham and Potatoes, use baby potatoes. Cut the potatoes into halves. Increase water to 1/2 cup. Use ham instead of bacon. Other than that, cook as directed.
Instant Pot Bacon Pro Tips:
These additional tips are so that you can master bacon in your instant pot from the 1st time you cook it:
- allow the oil to heat in the pot for 1-2 mins before adding the bacon
- stir frequently to ensure consistently cooked bacon
- drain on paper towel to absorb any excess oil;
You can check out the most popular recipes on the blog, right here! ;
To freeze the bacon, simply wait till it cools, then place in a zip lock bag in the freezer.To defrost, remove from freezer, leave in the fridge overnight or on the bench for faster defrosting. Once the bacon has been cooked and frozen, it won’t be suitable to use for freezing again.;
Salads like the;Bacon Quinoa Salad shown in the photo below are recipes where you can use cooked bacon as a delicious easy ingredient!;
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Chicken Tenders In Instant Pot
How To Serve Crack Chicken
- On sandwiches.;Serve it on hamburger buns, in pitas, on croissants, or over toast.
- As a wrap.;Roll it up in your favorite tortilla or make it into lettuce wraps.
- With potatoes.;Stuff it into baked potatoes or serve it over mashed potatoes.
- As an appetizer.;Serve it in slider buns or as a dip next to crackers and a bowl of fresh veggies.
- Over rice.;Scoop it over a bed of rice with a side of roasted broccoli or another veggie.
Bbq Bacon Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Meatloaf
As an Amazon affiliate, and affiliate with other businesses, I earn from qualifying purchases. Jump to Recipe
This quick Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot BBQ Bacon Meatloaf is covered in smokey bacon and smothered in a tangy BBQ sauce. Since it has just a 20 minute cook time, it doesnt have to be just for Sunday dinner any more.;
This pressure cooker / Instant Pot meatloaf with bacon and BBQ sauce adds a little something extra to an otherwise traditional dish.
This classic comfort food recipe gets a twist when you cover it in smoky bacon and smother it in tangy barbecue sauce! If you havent tried meatloaf since you were a kid, give this version a try!
Also Check: What Is Instant Pot Natural Release
How To Make Carbonara Pasta In The Instant Pot
Step One: Break spaghetti noodles in half and place in instant pot layered and crossed. Add water until noodles completely submerged. Close lid, seal pressure valve, and pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. When finished, manually release the pressure.
Step Two: Drain the noodles saving 1/2 cup of noodle water. Set noodles aside.
Step Three: Set instant pot to sauté and add oil. When oil is hot, sauté the bacon until crispy.
Step Four: Add garlic and butter and sauté until butter is melted.
Step Five: Cancel the instant pot from sauté mode and add pasta stirring it in.
Step Six: In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and Parmesan. Slowly stir egg and cheese mixture in so that the egg does not scramble. Add the noodle water and stir well.
Step Seven: Garnish with pepper and serve
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
If you like cabbage with bacon, you will also love these delicious and easy Instapot recipes:
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal, breakfast never tasted so good, and never was so easy to make either!
Instant Pot Turkey Breast Recipe, turkey is not just for Thanksgiving anymore! Make this delicious Insta pot turkey breast for your regular Sunday dinner.
Easy Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cheesecake, the best and easiest cheesecake recipe ever that you can make in your Instantpot!
Instant Pot Banana Bread Pudding, delicious banana bread pudding that everyone will love, made in your Instapot!
Instant Pot Caramel Recipe, you need just one ingredient to make this most amazing caramel in your Instapot Pressure Cooker!
Recommended Reading: How To Know When Instant Pot Is Done
How To Make Bacon In The Air Fryer
Let me teach you how to make bacon in the Air Fryer! It is quick, easy, and once you learn how to cook bacon in the Air Fryer, you will not make it any other way. I get asked, can you make bacon in the Air Fryer? The answer is yes! You all will love the crispy and delicious bacon without the hovering over the stove to flip it time and time again.
Bacon is a favorite in our home. Whether I am pairing it with home fries or serving it as a BLT sandwich. Either way, bacon is being made, and now I have a simple recipe that will win you over. Grab that Air Fryer, and get cooking.
This Is An Easy Pork Shoulder Slow Cooker Recipe Served In Sandwiches With Barbecue Sauce
With this instant pot pork shoulder recipe, you’ll have shredded pork to use in tacos and sandwiches without having to wait hours for the meat to cook. Learn how to perfect your pork shoulder recipes at womansday.com every item on this page was chosen by a woman’s day editor. The other white meat can make everything from bacon to pork chops. Some doctors recommend pork as an alternative to beef, so when you’re trying to minimize the amount of red meat you consume each week, pork chops are a versatile meat choice that makes. They call pork the other white meat for good reason. Use your favorite barbecue sauce. Hundreds of trusted recipes, plus photos, reviews and videos to help you cook pork right. This is an easy pork shoulder slow cooker recipe, served in sandwiches with barbecue sauce. I buy a big piece at the satu. And when using a probe thermometer, it is foolproof. Better than the typical poppers. Our test kitchen shows you how. We may earn commission on some of the items you choose to buy.
This is an easy pork shoulder slow cooker recipe, served in sandwiches with barbecue sauce. With this instant pot pork shoulder recipe, you’ll have shredded pork to use in tacos and sandwiches without having to wait hours for the meat to cook. Learn how to braise or slow cook pork shoulder to yield tender, succulent meat that’s delicious sliced or pulled. They call pork the other white meat for good reason. I buy a big piece at the satu.
You May Like: Which Instant Pot To Get