How To Make A Box Cake In An Instant Pot
Mix the cake mix and the cake ingredients together in a large bowl.
Prepare a 7 inch bundt pan.
Fill the pan 3/4 of the way full.
Place 1 cup of water inside the Instant Pot and then place the trivet inside.
Make a sling for the pan and then lower it into the Instant Pot.
Close the lid and set the pressure time for 35 minutes.
Allow for a quick release.
Let the cake cool on a cooling rack for 30 to 60 minutes.
Make the ganache by heating heaving cream until it is slightly boiling.
Place the chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl and let it sit for a minute.
Whisk it together and then pour it over the cake.
Sprinkle some chocolate chips over the cake.
How To Store Chocolate Cake
In the event you have cake leftover cake you have two options to store it:
- Refrigeratorâ let the cake cool completely before you cover the cake in the springform with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store it in your fridge. It should stay fresh for up to 3 days
- Freezerâ if you want to keep it longer you can freeze chocolate cake as well. Let the cake cool completely and it in the desired number of pieces. Wrap them individually in plastic wrap or foil and freeze for up to 3 months
In case you frosted your cake it will longer up to 4 or 5 months as long as you cover it as described or put it in a Ziploc bag or food container.
To thaw, leave your cake in the fridge overnight and serve cold.
How To Make Homemade Carrot Cake
To make homemade carrot cake, first combine the oil with the sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla, and sift in the flour and spices.
The batter is super thick, almost like a dough.
Then, I dump in all the stuff that gives it substance! Carrots, coconut, and nuts. I let the batter rest for about 5 minutes to allow moisture from the carrots and pineapple to soften the batter.
Next, evenly divide the mixture into two greased, six inch cake pans. Cover the pans tightly with foil.
Read Also: Steam Frozen Tamales
How To Use A 6
- Make a Single Layer 6-Inch Cake from a Single Layer 9-Inch Cake Recipe. Halve any recipe written for a single layer 9-inch cake and bake it in a 6-inch pan. Be sure to check it several minutes early, as the smaller cake may bake more quickly.
- Make an Adorable Double Layer 6-Inch Cake from a Single Layer 9-Inch Cake Recipe. Keep the 9-inch single layer cake recipe the same. Divide the batter between two 6-inch pans. If you dont want to purchase two 6-inch pans, you can bake the layers one at a time. Be sure to let the pan cool to room temperature in between.
- Make an Double Layer 6-Inch Cake from a Double Layer 9-Inch Cake Recipe. Halve the 9-inch cake recipe. Divide the batter between two 6-inch pans , unless you want to make a teetering-but-impressive 4-layer 6-inch cake, in which case, I want to see photos!
- For Recipes Written for Cake Sizes other than 9-Inches, I recommend using this conversion link to compare the pan volumes and using your best judgement.
Or just bake this Instant Pot Cake! The recipe is ready to go for a 6-inch pan as-is.
What Is A Fruit Cake
Fruit cake or fruitcake is a festive cake made with dried or candied fruit, nuts and spices, often soaked in brandy or another spirit. Its a sweet, fruity, rich cake that tastes a little like a fortified wine or port with fluffy, a little sticky and crunchy texture. Its similar to Christmas pudding, although fruit cake is baked while the pudding is steamed.
Both are served to celebrate Christmas or weddings and are particularly popular in the United Kingdom, Europe and Australia.Some fruit cakes are iced or decorated with frosting or served with cream or custard.
Also Check: Chicken Breast Tenders Instant Pot
We Love These Cooking Supplies
- Kitchen Scale– A kitchen scale is a must to have for so many recipes in order to have accurate measurements. This is something that is often overlooked in recipes.
- Meat Thermometer– Having a meat thermometer is essential. I have gone through so many ‘inexpensive’ thermometers that I finally invested in a heavy duty digital thermometer from BBQ guys. It was so worth it!
- Instant Pot Inner Pot – I like to have an extra inner pot available because of how much cooking I do in my Instant Pot. It comes in handy when I want to put a lid on the inner pot and refrigerate the leftovers, or mix up ingredients the night before to save time at the end of the day.
- Silicone Lid for Instant Pot– I’m not sure how I lived without this one. Having a silicone lid for my Instant Pot has made life so much easier. It is perfect for adding ingredients a day or two ahead of time.
- 101 Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners– If you are new to pressure cooking, this is a great ebook to get you started with basic recipes you will use over and over again.
How To Tell When Banana Bread Is Done
It’s easy to see how to know when banana bread is done with a kitchen thermometer. Instant Pot banana bread is finished when it reaches an internal temperature of 200°F.
Now, most people use a toothpick to check for doneness, and you can certainly do that. But, the thermometer method is an extremely accurate way to test doneness.
Don’t Miss: Costco St Louis Ribs | Instant Pot
How To Fix Wet Banana Bread
It is possible that your banana bread might come out wet in the middle if you used too large bananas. This would allow more moisture into the bread batter and the ratio of wet to dry ingredients would be off.
Thankfully, this is a pretty easy problem to solve and doesn’t happen frequently. You could rescue the bread in the oven by preheating the oven to 350 and baking for 10-20 minutes, checking after 10 minutes for doneness. Or, you could put the bread back in the Instant Pot for another 5 minutes on high pressure and then check for doneness. Add another 5 minutes if it isn’t done.
Quick Vanilla Frosting Recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP milk
- Beat it all together until creamy and fluffy.
How to Make Instant Pot Funfetti Cake
- First, make batter and spread evenly into a greased 6 inch round baking pan. . Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Add water to the bottom of the instant pot and place steam rack into the bottom of the pot. Be sure the handles of the steam rack are up, to make for easier removal.
- Place covered pan on top of steam rack and cover your instant pot. Cook on high pressure and do a quick release.
- Carefully remove pan from pot and remove foil. Your cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If the cake needs further cooking, cover the pan back up and cook for additional time. I recommend starting at about 5 minutes and then, check to see if its fully cooked.
- Once cake is done, remove from pot and remove foil. Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes, then, remove from pan. Cool it completely on a wire rack before frosting.
You May Like: Instant Pot Saute
Instant Pot Fruit Cake
Unlike the classicly baked fruitcake, which can often take hours of preparation, our Instant Pot fruit cake is quick and easy. Our recipe is also alcohol-free and the dried fruit is briefly soaked in orange juice and vanilla.
Pressure cooking the fruit cake on top of the trivet with water inside the pot achieves a crossover between a classic Christmas cake and a pudding, with the texture being somewhere in the middle. The flavors and aromas are deliciously festive and spirituous.
How To Make Chocolate Ganache Frosting
Step 1: Add the chocolate into the bowl of a stand mixer. Pour the heavy whipping cream into a small saucepan and heat over med-high heat until just boiling. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
Take a whisk and whisk the chocolate until smooth and there are no lumps of chocolate remaining.
Step 2: With the mixer on low speed, add the butter 1 tablespoon at a time, allowing the butter to fully incorporate before adding the next tablespoon. Add all of the butter and make sure everything is combined nicely.
Step 3: Place the frosting in a container and cover with plastic wrap. Place the plastic wrap right on top of the frosting and refrigerate for at least an hour to two hours until it is a spreadable consistency.
Also Check: Instant Pot Messages
Instant Pot For Baking
You do not actually bake a cake with your Instant Pot. However, the heat and pressure inside your pressure cooker turn the batter into a light and soft cake.
Your cake might be denser compared to baked in the Air Fryer or oven but I love the texture of Instant Pot cake.
It is still very light and very tasty. Especially if you use the cake selection.
I have no idea what the difference is between this setting and Steam or Pressure Cook but you get a great cake with a glossy top.
Difference Between Banana Bread Vs Instant Pot Banana Cake
Banana cake is typically cakier and lighter than banana bread. The cake is a moist and airy baked dessert. On the other hand, banana bread is denser and heavier.
This banana bread cake is on the denser side, so you could more aptly refer to it as a sweet bread. Whichever you call it, it is a tasty treat to make.
Also Check: Steaming Tamales In Pressure Cooker
Baking In Instant Pot
I love baking and I am never against baking in an oven. When baking in the oven is considerably easy and then why go for an Instant Pot, so here is it. Unlike the oven there is no need to preheat the Instant Pot. All we need to do is batter up and put it inside the electric pressure cooker and forget it. The Instant pot bakes beautifully and keeps it ready for you. I am baking at 25 mins in high pressure and then natural release which is like a breeze. I don’t have to babysit my cake.
Unlike the oven, if leaving the cake beyond the time might blacken the cake crumb or makes it dry. Instant pot is beginner friendly when it comes to baking. It is a lot easier.
The texture of the cake is almost the same in both. While the cake in the oven is airier and light and Instant Pot cake is a little dense.
How To Make Chocolate Cake In The Instant Pot
Step 1: Prepare your pan.
Prepare a 7-inch springform pan by spraying generously with non-stick spray and place a round of parchment paper on the bottom and set aside. I LOVE this Instant Pot Springform Pan, I use this thing at least once a day.
Step 2: Prepare the chocolate cake batter.
In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a whisk attachment, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt. Whisk until the ingredients are well combined.
Next, add in the milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until there are no dry spots remaining. With the mixer on low speed, add the hot water and mix on low until incorporated. Increase to high speed for about 1 minute.
Step 3: Pour batter into springform pan and bake.
Lay out a large piece of aluminum foil and place the springform on top. A little of the batter may flow out of the bottom, that is okay. Pour the batter into the pan and cover the pan completely with aluminum foil. Add 1 1/2 cups water into the inner pot of your pressure cooker and place the trivet into the bottom of the pot. Place the springform pan on top and set the lid to Sealing.
Set your pot on high manual pressure for 50 minutes and allow for a 12 minute natural release. Remove from the Instant Pot after 12 minutes and immediately remove the aluminum foil. Allow the cake to cool completely on a wire rack.
Don’t Miss: How To Remove Instant Pot Sealing Ring
Which Instant Pot Models Have The Instant Pot Cake Setting
Be aware that not all models within a series have all the feature buttons associated with the series. Specifically, the Instant Pot Mini 3 quart model may not have all the features the 6 quart and 8 quart within the series have.
And before you make a purchase, make sure you double-check the Instant Pot Cake function is available on that particular model. In the case of the Lux 6 quart, it was an addition to Version 3. If you happen to find a Lux 6 quart that was manufactured before the switch, it might not have the button.
Instant Pot Pound Cake Recipe
When it comes to cake, there is nothing better than a moist cake. This is the best Instant Pot Lemon Bundt Cake recipe you could ask for. It is tangy and sweet and the Instant Pot lets the cake stay moist and delicious. Topped with cream cheese frosting, this is a must-try cake.
Add bacon to inner pot of Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer. With lid off, select Saute, then set to High Temperature. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until fat begins to render and bacon is crispy. Transfer bacon to paper towellined plate.
Recommended Reading: Tip Roast Pressure Cooker
Easy Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
This Easy Instant Pot Chocolate Cake is ultra moist and chocolatey, with the perfect tender crumb, and easy to make in the Instant Pot with basic ingredients.
| | |
If youve been a reader of The Busy Baker for any length of time youll already know how much we love to bake around here. And in the interest of trying new things Ive developed this amazing Instant Pot Chocolate Cake recipe yes, you read that rightyou can bake it in the Instant Pot. Intrigued? I though so!!
This Easy Instant Pot Chocolate Cake is my classic Best Ever Easy Chocolate Cake recipe but baked in the Instant Pot. Ive been testing this recipe for months and Ive FINALLY arrived at the BEST result. Trust me, youre going to LOVE it!
Because we love chocolate cake so much we baked two identical chocolate cakes one in the Instant Pot and one in the oven to compare them for you. The results were astounding!
The oven-baked chocolate cake was pretty typical: light and moist in the centre with slightly dense and chewy edges, thanks to the caramelization that happens in the oven.
The Instant Pot Chocolate Cake was a little more dense throughout, but it was also a lot more fudgy, SO moist, and had the best velvety texture. It also baked far more evenly than the oven-baked version, with a flat top, while the oven-baked version was a little higher around the edges than in the middle .
You can see the differences between the cakes in the photo below .
Which Cake Tin Should I Use
Use a 6-inch cake form lined with parchment paper.
If you dont have a 6-inch pan, you can easily find one online. The cake pan is placed on the trivet which will be placed in the inner pot. The trivet is important because it keeps the cake pan from touching the liquid directly and it will allow you to get the pan out easily once the cooking is done .
Cover the cake form with the tin lid or simply with aluminium foil.
Recommended Reading: How Long Do You Cook Pre Cooked Ribs In The Oven
How Do I Bake A Cake In The Oven
DIRECTIONS Stir together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla, water and oil until the batter is smooth and chocolate-colored. Pour the batter into greased and floured cake pan. Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until you see the sides of the cake separate from the pan. Remove cake and cool. Makes 1 layer cake.
Instant Pot Vegan Chocolate Cake
Of course, we had to include a classic chocolate cake without the dairy or eggs. This super moist and rich slice is vegan and the best part is arguably the two-ingredient chocolate ganache that goes on top. Toss a few sliced nuts and berries on top, and youll be indulging the healthy way in no time. This recipe only takes 50 minutes from start to finish. Recipe from Carve Your Craving
Read Also: Frozen Ground Beef Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Berry Vanilla Cake
This stunning bundt cake is the perfect centrepiece for any dessert table. The cake itself is soft and moist, steamed through and baked to sliceable perfection. A cream cheese glaze keeps things sweet. The berries are strewn throughout the cake itself and as a topping will encompass those fresh summer flavors, making it a great option for picnics, potlucks, and parties. Cool down with this seasonal treat, or use frozen berries for a warm-weather treat in the winter. Recipe from Cook with Manali.
Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin pie is a Thanksgiving favorite those familiar warm spices of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg just say fall. But the holiday is also a busy time for the oven, so a pumpkin pie recipe in the Instant Pot can be a lifesaver. The homemade vanilla whipped cream is the perfect finishing touch, and since it is made in a springform pan, the pie can show off its beautiful orange hue.
Read Also: Steam Kale