Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
Fluffy, buttery, cooked to perfection, and aromatic instant pot jasmine rice can brighten up a dull day! These are not just flavorful but are also a perfect pair with stir-fry or gravy! Instant pot rice is easy to cook and super convenient. All you have to do is add everything none pot, set the timer,…
Instant Pot Baby Carrots Without Steamer Basket
Wondering how do you steam carrots without steamer basket?
Let me tell you that steaming carrots in Instant Pot whether its baby or regular carrots is as easy as you think.
You can cook Instant pot baby carrots without steamer basket by directly adding the carrots into the water in the inner pot.
Cook on high pressure, the cooking time remains the same here. Do a quick release and strain the steamed carrots.
What Is Needed To Make This Carrots Instant Pot Recipe
You only need 5 ingredients to create this delicious recipe. Also, 2 of these ingredients are water and salt so Im not sure if those even count.
You wont believe how easy this recipe is to create and your family is going to be impressed by this delicious recipe!
- 32 oz bag of baby carrots
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
You May Like: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
You Will Need A Pressure Cooker To Make These Brown Sugar Carrots
You can find the Instant pot on sale here. Its really changed dinner time in my home. I can now create a delicious meal in under an hour but it tastes like it has been cooking all day.
If you have been putting off trying an instant pot, I highly recommend going ahead and biting the bullet. I love using the pressure cooker when I dont have much time.
It is perfect for frozen food or meals that normally take a while. You can toss everything in and have dinner ready in no time at all.
For those days when you forget to take something out of the freezer or wait until the last minute for dinner, the instant pot is your best friend in the kitchen.
I am not exaggerating when I say it truly has changed meal time around here. We love ours!
You can also these Instant Pot Accessories to make pressure cooking a breeze. We just love to pressure cook and I am certain you will too.
Dinner time is much easier and less complicated now that I have the pressure cooker. If you are hesitant or on the fence, dont be. You will love it!
You can also make this meal in the slow cooker if you prefer.
For Whole & Halved Brussels Sprouts:
- Wash your brussels sprouts first. You can choose now to halve them or keep them whole. Halving them will work better if you want a more authentic roasted end result.
- Place a steaming rack or the trivet into the pot along with one cup of water. Then, place the brussels sprouts into it.
- Cook the sprouts on HIGH for 1 minute and follow up with a quick release of pressure. The 1-minute cooking window is better for halved sprouts or small sprouts. Cook for 2 minutes if you have large, whole sprouts.
- Once the sprouts are softened, you can set them aside. Pour out the water you used to cook with.
- Set the pot to saute mode and add 1-2 tbsp. of coconut oil, olive oil or butter . A high smoke point is ideal. Now, add the sprouts back in. You can add a little garlic, lemon or herbs
- Saute until crispy with desired spices and serve.
You May Like: How To Make Yogurt In Instant Pot Without Yogurt Button
A Few Tips On Making These Come Out Perfect
Dont over cook! I know we have a tendency to want to cook them longer, but they really do not need more than 6 minutes. If you use less carrots, I would make it only 5 minutes. We really dont want mushy carrots at all!Also these can be flavored with anything you like. Add more garlic, or sprinkle with a little brown sugar! The possibilities are endless!
Top Tips And Suggestions
- Cut the carrots into equal sizes so they cook evenly.
- I find that thicker carrots work best as skinny carrots may fall apart when stirring.
- Baby carrots don’t require any slicing or chopping. Simply rinse the baby carrots and place them in the Instant Pot with the water.
- Since the cooking time can be affected by the thickness of the carrots, if you find the carrots too firm, simply reseal the Instant Pot and cook for another 1 minute. Add more water, if needed.
Recommended Reading: How To Delay Start Instant Pot
How To Steam Carrots In The Instant Pot
Posted on Published:
Are you looking for an easy way to prepare carrots in just a few minutes? Here is how to steam carrots in the Instant Pot. It will free up space on the stovetop and save you some time.
Steaming carrots in your Instant Pot takes very little prep and preserves the nutrition in the carrots. You can use this recipe to blanch carrots before you freeze them or steam them a little longer to make a delicious side dish.
How Long Do You Steam Fresh Carrots
Set a collapsible steamer basket insert into the pot, then bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Put the carrots in the steamer basket and cook, covered, until tender when pierced with a knife, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Brisket In Instant Pot
How To Make Instant Pot Roasted Potato And Carrots
- Take your Baby New potatoes and wash them really well.
- Then slice each into quarters or halves so that the potatoes are all really close to being the same size.
- Place the cut potatoes in a bowl.
- Add in your baby carrots
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt your butter and then add in the seasonings and garlic.
- Stir together and then toss with your potatoes and carrots.
- Heat your pressure cooker to saute and wait until it says, hot
- Add in your olive oil and onions and saute for about 90 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- Add in your potatoes and carrots and stir to combine.
- Pour in your chicken or vegetable stock
- Set your pressure cooker to manual pressure cook for 5 minutes with a quick release
How To Use Instant Pot Beef Stew
Instant Pot beef stew is arguably best that first night right out of the pot however, its practically just as good reheated. Make a big batch and leave the leftovers in the fridge. its easy for kids and spouses to reheat throughout the week for an easy meal or snack.
Instant Pot beef stew is also easy to serve in a variety of ways. I love it as a main dish with a fresh green salad on the side. Its also great served inside fresh sourdough bread bowls, or as a side with another entree!
I take Instant Pot beef stew and add Japanese curry roux to it the next day. Serve over rice.
Also Check: Does Instant Pot Turn Off Automatically
Instant Pot Carrots And Potatoes
When it comes to potatoes there is a wide variety to choose from. You could use petite sliced in half like we did with our Instant Pot potatoes alone. Those are fun in different colors for sure.
Weve used these for air fryer roasted potatoes before too, theyre super versatile. Good olRusset potatoes are the cheapest and most common choice though.
How Long Do You Cook A Roast In A Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Youve got an Instant Pot and cant wait to cook a delicious roast for family and friends in it.
Do you know how long to cook a roast for in your Instant Pot pressure cooker though?
If you are looking for a quick answer, check the table below:
|Type of meat|
|Beef, mutton, and pork||15 min per pound|
*Adding other ingredients like potatoes and onions, you can pressure cook for about half the time
Pressure cooking in an Instant Pot can be exciting, terrifying, and confusing all at the same time! Roasts are expensive and you dont want to ruin it.
For some people, the pressure cooker is a bit of a time bomb sitting around in their kitchen and waiting for the right moment to explode. You may have heard stories from your grandmother about exploding pots and food all over the ceiling.
Wed like to put your fears to rest once and for all. Modern Instant Pots are certainly no death traps. They are now a lot safer than their old counterparts.
The electric types are perfectly safe and wont allow you to remove the lid until it has released all the pressure thats built up during the cooking period.
If youre still doubtful of their safety, you may like to try the walk away trick each time youve finished pressure cooking a dish: walk away and let the cooker rest for 20 minutes after cooking to let off some steam.
You really have nothing to worry about with the modern instant cooking pots. They are perfectly safe to use in your kitchen.
Instant Pot Steamed Vegetables Recipe Or Formula
The key to using your Instant Pot to steam vegetables AND TO BE EFFICIENT AT THE SAME TIME is to put the vegetables that take the longest to cook in the steamer basket FIRST.
Then, cook them for their total time MINUS however long it takes to cook the next vegetable.
For example, when I made Instant Pot steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, I put the carrots and cauliflower in first and let them steam for 15 minutes.
Then I carefully added the broccoli, put the lid on top and set the timer for 1 minute. When the timer went off, all of the vegetables were done at the same time!
Psst! Want to give those veggies some extra flavor? Try topping with a pinch of finishing salt! I love Ava Janes Kitchen because it doesnt have microplastics and its SO GOOD! Plus, you can get a bag for just 1¢!!
Tips For Making The Perfect Instant Pot Potatoes And Carrots
- Remember, size matters when cooking in the Instant Pot. The size of the carrots and potatoes need to be comparable in order for them to cook to perfection at the same time.
- To make this recipe super easy, use a steamer basket!!
- You can wash and cut the veggies beforehand, if needed! Just store in the fridge until ready to cook in the Instant Pot
- Dont need a LARGE side dish? Cut this recipe in half easily! Psst. Cook time will stay the same.
You May Like: Reheat Tamales Instant Pot
For Whole Spaghetti Squash:
- Start by cutting the squash in half. My personal preference is to slice the spaghetti squash crosswise rather than lengthwise because it produces longer strands that better resemble spaghetti. Youve gotta get a good twirl on your fork! They also soak up sauce better this way. Then, remove the seeds.
- Place a steamer basket or trivet in the pot along with one cup of water.
- Place the squash halves into the basket or trivet and seal the lid.
- Set the pressure cooker to cook on high for 7 minutes and follow up with a quick release. You can do a natural pressure release for a few minutes if you prefer your pasta well done. A quick-release will give you al dente results.
What Do You Need To Steam Carrots In Your Instant Pot
Ok, this is hardly a list of ingredients. Unless you plan to add herbs and spices, you only need two things.
- Carrots. You can use baby or large carrots. If you use large carrots, they will need to be peeled and cut into smaller pieces.
Read Also: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
More Instant Pot ‘basics’ Recipes From The Blog
- Steamed Broccoli in Instant Pot: Cooking broccoli in the Instant Pot is so quick, easy, and nutritious! Ready in only 15 minutes.
- Instant Pot Pasta: Informative how-to guide explaining the pasta cooking time formula, pasta-to-liquid ratio and pressure release technique.
- Cooking Beans in Instant Pot: Most tender beans using an Instant Pot, with or without soaking.
- How to Cook Lentils: Perfectly cooked lentils every time with these tips and tricks.
- Instant Pot Quinoa: A foolproof method for making Instant Pot Quinoa that is virtually hands-off.
- Basmati & Jasmine Rice: A fail-proof recipe to make fluffy Basmati rice and Jasmine rice two ways.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Carrots
Carrots are such a versatile vegetable side dish that they can be served with almost anything! Classically they are a great accompaniment to any kind of meat dish like roast chicken, lamb chops or a beef stew.
However, feel free to add them to any meal that you feel needs an extra boost of veggies these are so quick and easy to make that they are a great last minute addition.
Recommended Reading: How To Warm Up Tamales In A Crock Pot
Instant Pot Honey Ginger Carrots
Carrots are so versatile, healthy, and delicious! We love this quick and easy side dish for honey ginger carrots!
The links below may be affiliate links, meaning I earn a small compensation at no extra cost to you. See my full disclosure policy here.
I need to go ahead and apologize in advance if this post is a little scatterbrained. I spent 2 and a half hours walking through about ten aisles of a granite warehouse with all four of my children this morning, and then another 2 and a half hours with them at Chick-fil-a.
Im fairly certain that I would have gone crazy had my mother-in-law not been with me. Not because my kids were misbehaving. Simply because I am finding it an intense mental exercise to focus on much of anything while they are all also claiming my attention. .
Anyhoo, these carrots.
Simple is wonderful, is it not? I love a meal of homemade ravioli every once in a while, but a meal that can be made quickly and easily gets the most heart eyes from me these days.
Which is one reason I have been using my Instant Pot for meals at least 3-4 times a week. Even if the main dish is not cooked in my amazing-easy-to-clean-wonderful-electric-pressure-cooker, I will almost certainly use it to cook a side dish.
And so these honey ginger carrots have been making an appearance on our plates quite often recently. I have also made them with maple syrup and cinnamon so that my baby can try them too. Both variations can be found in the recipe below.
Instant Pot Carrots Recipe
For this carrots recipe you can use whole carrots or baby carrots and you only need just 2 main ingredients with a choice of additional ingredients.
Cooking vegetables in IP or any electric pressure cooker like instant pot, pressure king pro and ninja foodie is quite simple and quick. I like making carrots in instant pot because it’s
- Easy, quick and straightforward recipe.
- Dump and go so no need watching over the pot.
- Consistent result every time- tender, sweet carrots!
- Inexpensive way to provide quick, delicious and healthy side dish.
This post contains benefits of carrots, ingredients, how to cook, what to serve with, how to store and more. Do read before getting the detailed ingredient list, instructions and nutritional info in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
You May Like: Sous Vide Tamales
Steamed Instant Pot Carrots
This recipe cooks the carrots in the Instant Pot with a very light brown sugar syrup.
If you prefer carrots with no glaze and would just like to steam your carrots, you can do that as well.
Place carrots in a steamer basket, and place the basket into the Instant Pot along with 1/2 cup of water. Cook for 4 minutes on high pressure with a 1 minute natural pressure release.
My Fear Of The Instant Pot
When I first heard of the Instant Pot, I was doubtful it could be that good.
My biggest concern was our Sunday roastsbeef, chicken and pork.
We had learned that slowly simmered meat creates amazing flavor and juices.
And there was no way an Instant Pot would be able to deliver that amount of flavor and tenderness!
But I was wrong
Our first roast turned out perfectly
And the next batch
Im sure our great-grandmothers would be incredibly jealous!
Also Check: Pressure Cooking Tamales
For Simple Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli:
- Chop broccoli head into florets.
- Place a steamer basket or trivet into the pot along with one cup of water.
- Place the broccoli into the basket . Here, you can add any spices, oil/butter, and fresh lemon youd like. Close the lid.
- From fresh: Cook on HIGH pressure for 0 minutes yes, zero. It will cook as the pot comes to pressure.
- From frozen: Cook on HIGH pressure for 2 minutes.
- Finish broccoli with a quick pressure release. Season now if youd like or add additional seasonings if youve already done so.