More Keto Instant Pot Recipes To Try
- If you like Jalapeno Poppers, you will love this Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Chicken.
- If you are craving comfort food, it doesn’t get any better than this Keto Mushroom Soup.
- Want to improve the taste of your meals? This Instant Pot Chicken Bone Broth is easy to make and tastes great. It is also a fabulous way to save money.
If you like this recipe don’t forget to leave a 5 star rating and let me know how it went in the below comments, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on , , and to see all my delicious recipes.
Important: Make Sure The Clean The Sealing Ring After Cooking
Inside the lid of the Instant Pot is a plastic ring called the sealing ring. This ring helps to make the seal that lets the pot get up to high pressure. The sealing ring can take on flavors that were cooked in the pot, especially if they are very strong . After youve cooked the salmon, make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Clean it: Remove the sealing ring after cooking the salmon. Fully clean it with soapy water. You can also throw it into the dishwasher!
- Store it exposed to air: When storing the Instant Pot, store the lid upside down so the ring is exposed to air. This allows the sealing ring to air out between uses.
- Deep clean if necessary: If the sealing ring has a strong odor, soak it in vinegar for a few hours.
- Buy extra sealing rings: If you use your Instant Pot often, consider purchasing extra sealing rings. We have 3 extra Instant Pot sealing rings and use 2 for savory recipes and 1 for sweet recipes.
Can You Really Make Salmon In The Instant Pot
I have tried making fish in the Instant Pot in a variety of ways and what I have found is that Pot-In-Pot works best so as to not overcook the fish. I have a few other recipes where Ive done this, such as this Coconut Curry Shrimp.
Don’t Miss: Can You Can In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Salmon And Rice
When you want a flavorful dinner that is so easy to make, youve got to try this Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon and Rice. This gluten-free recipe has only six ingredients and is a family favorite. The leftovers are great for lunch the next day!
This recipe is a main dish and a side dish all in one. You dont have to cook the rice separately making this meal super easy.
Everything but the sauce goes into the Instant Pot and then all you have to do is wait. If you want to round out the dish, you can pair it with any produce you have on hand such as steamed or roasted veggies, corn on the cob, or asparagus.
What Type Of Salmon Is Best
Wild Salmon! Wild salmon has a better ratio of healthy fats than farmed salmon and contains more minerals. Farmed salmon is higher in bad fat and fed an unnatural diet of processed feed to make the salmon larger for sale. Food coloring is sometimes added to mimic the natural deep red color that wild salmon develop. Farmed salmon can also contain antibiotics and other toxic contaminants.
Don’t Miss: Pulled Pork Instant Pot Recipes
How Long Does It Take To Cook Frozen Meatballs In The Pressure Cooker
It takes about 20 minutes to cook frozen meatballs in a pressure cooker.
The pressure cooker cooks the meatballs quickly and evenly, resulting in tender, delicious meatballs that are perfect for a quick meal. Simply add the frozen meatballs to the pressure cooker, set the timer, and let them cook until theyre ready to eat.
How Do You Know When The Meatballs Are Done
So this is only an issue if you are using homemade or uncooked meatballs. If that is the case, the meatballs should be cooked through when they no longer have pink in the center and are firm to the touch.
This means that they have fully cooked and you can remove them from the Instant Pot without the risk of them being too soft or falling apart.
However, for this recipe, we are using frozen meatballs that are already pre-cooked. Therefore, you just need to make sure that they are hot and completely heated for the recipe to be done.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Country Style Ribs In Instant Pot
Tips And Tricks For Making This Instant Pot Salmon Recipe
- You can substitute regular marmalade for the low sugar version.
- Macros. Since low sugar marmalades vary, nutritional info does not include macros for the marmalade. Please add that to the total macro counts.
- Fish. This will work with any kind of firm-fleshed fish.
- Frozen. You can do this with frozen fish but it wont take the marinade as well, so your results could be a little blander.
- Soy Sauce. You can sub regular soy sauce for dark if you would like.
- Pot in Pot. If you’ve never done Pot-In-Pot before, watch my video on YouTube here to learn how it works.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- If you arent on a gluten-free diet, you can use soy sauce instead of coconut aminos or tamari.
- If you are on a low-sugar diet, leave out the maple syrup.
- If you dont have sesame oil, you can use olive oil instead.
- Since the salmon is frozen and you dont have to worry about it spoiling in the fridge this is a perfect recipe to keep on hand when you dont know what to cook!
- Some people like to serve cooked fish with fresh lemon slices. So, feel free to do that.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Mashed Potatoes In The Instant Pot
Can You Cook Instant Pot Salmon With Vegetables
I prefer to cook my vegetables separately from the salmon in the pressure cooker.
Why? First, I find that vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower or carrots tend to have a strong aroma when pressure cooking. That means the salmon ends up tasting like the veggies.
Second, vegetables will cook much faster than the salmon, meaning that your vegetables will become mushy if cooked for the same amount of time as the salmon.
But, there is a workaround for all this!
After your salmon has finished cooking, remove it to a plate. Then arrange your vegetables in a steamer basket, like this one, and add them to the pressure cooker.
Using the same cooking liquid from the salmon , seal the lid and set the cook time to ZERO minutes. The pressure will build again and then the timer will go off.
Be sure to release the pressure right away, and then serve the vegetables alongside the salmon.
Cooking Frozen Salmon In The Air Fryer
Cooking frozen salmon in the air fryer is nearly identical to cooking it when its thawed. The only difference? Youll cook it at a higher temperature for longer. Heres a simple breakdown:
Is This Recipe Healthy
- Yes! Wild-caught salmon is one of the healthiest foods you can eat. It is full of omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon is also considered a lean protein which is part of a balanced diet. Read more about healthy foods you should eat every day.
- Fish, vegetables, and a healthy starch like potatoes is a perfectly balanced meal.
- This recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, and Whole30.
- If you like this recipe, you might also like my Air Fryer Salmon recipe.
Easy Instant Pot Salmon Recipe
Instant Pot Salmon served with a delicious lemon-dill sauce will be on your dinner table in less than 15 minutes. Plus, you can cook your salmon in the pressure cooker from fresh or frozen perfect for last minute dinner planning!
Salmon is one of my go-to proteins when Im looking to fix a dinner thats on the lighter side. Traditionally Ill bake it in the oven on a sheet pan with some veggies arranged around it, which makes for the perfect easy dinner with minimal cleanup.
Favorite Salmon Dinners
But, I wanted to change up my salmon routine and put one of my favorite appliances to the test in making it the Instant Pot.
I know that Ive got a lot of dedicated pressure cooker fans out there. In fact, out of my top 10 recipes on the blog, five of those are instant pot recipes.
So friends, this recipe is for you.
Instant Pot Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce.
Read Also: How Long To Cook Rice In Instant Pot
Wine Pairings For Salmon
- Pinot Gris has a nice acidity to it and its notes of citrus will pair well with the lemon-dill sauce.
- Want a red wine? A light Pinot Noir or young Beaujolais would also work well here. With a bit of acidity and a hint of earthiness, they make a great match for this dish.
- 8 MORE > salmon wine pairings
Did you Make This Instant Pot Salmon?
If you loved this pressure cooker salmon recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give it a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings and Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on , , and .
Foolproof Instant Pot Salmon
Salmon is my favorite fish and one of my favorite proteins in general. My one problem with it? I always seem to struggle with remembering to thaw fish in my freezer before dinner!
But I’m in the business of finding solutions, and forgetting to thaw my fish is just an excuse waiting for a solution. So here we are!
The EASIEST salmon recipe ever! This foolproof salmon recipe places frozen salmon fillets in the instant pot and you’ll have perfectly steamed fish in less than fifteen minutes. YES, from frozen fillets!
If you’ve got your life together more than me and happen to have thawed or fresh salmon, you can still make this instant pot salmon recipe – you’ll just need to knock off a couple minutes of cook time .
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Sushi Rice In Instant Pot
Making Salmon In The Instant Pot
Im a sucker for salmon I can eat my weight in salmon sushi or eat it grilled, steamed, baked, or pan fried. It wasnt until recently that I decided to give it a try in the Instant Pot. I mainly use the Instant Pot for recipes that require a longer cook time so I never really thought about making salmon in the Instant Pot. However, after hearing about how amazing it was, I decided to give it a try for myself!
And guys my life has been changed. LOL. I know I sound dramatic but youre going to want to give this a try too. It takes literally minutes from start to finish to cook salmon in the Instant Pot. You could maybe steep your tea in the same time it takes for your salmon to cook in the Instant Pot. Its that fast!
Growing up, I wasnt always a big fan but then again, growing up, Id only eat beefaroni if given the chance. However, fish was almost always on the menu at home and I was always told to eat it because it was good for me.
Troubleshooting And Tips For Success
- Make sure your salmon fillets are uniform in size, so they cook evenly. We bought fillets from Costco that were 6 oz. each and roughly the same size.
- Its perfectly OK to use skin-on fillets.
- Make sure the fillets arent overlapping each other, or you may get some under-cooked spots.
- If your salmon is especially large, add an extra minute or two onto the cook time
Also Check: How To Make Stew In Instant Pot
A Word About Cooking Times
Dont forget that food begins to cook in your pressurecooker while the pot is coming up to pressure. And it continues to cook whilethe pressure is being released, too, whether you use a natural or quick release.It may seem like 3 minutes isnt enough time to thoroughly cook a salmonfillet, but when you take that extra cooking time into account, it is justright.
If your salmon fillet is still frozen when you put it in thepot, add 3 minutest to the cooking time.
What Makes This Recipe Special
- Fast. Get a tasty and diverse recipe in 30 minutes or less.
- Easy. Marinate, pour and cook with the help of your Instant Pot.
- Tasty. Absolutely packed with flavor with minimal effort.
- Few Ingredients. 7 ingredients is all you’ll need, and most of them are pantry staples. No need for an extra trip to the grocery store.
You May Like: How To Use Instant Pot
How To Cook Frozen Salmon 3 Basic Recipes
Its 100 percent safe to cook salmon straight from the freezer, so long as you cook it at adequately high temperatures that keep it from the danger zone. This is the temperature range of 40°F to 140°F, where bacteria grow most rapidly.
So, slow-cooking frozen salmon in a slow cooker is out, but nearly every other cooking method is fair game. Make sure to cook your salmon thoroughly and until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily.
Ready to get started? Here are three simple tutorials that will teach you how to cook frozen salmon in the oven, an air fryer, and an Instant Pot.
How Do You Make Instant Pot Salmon
- Its super easy to cook salmon in the instant pot. Just add a cup of water to your pressure cooker, place a rack on top, and then add your salmon. I like to season it with some salt and pepper and place a few lemon slices on top for added flavor.
The rack ensures that the salmon is elevated above the water, so that it wont get water logged.
I recently discovered this Silicone Pressure Cooker Rack by OXO. I love that because its made from silicone, the food doesnt stick to the rack. Plus, its super easy to clean, and dishwasher safe. It can also be used as a trivet, which essentially means youre getting two kitchen tools in one.
Lemon butter sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the pressure cooker salmon, and you can make it on the stovetop in the same amount of time that it will take to cook your salmon.
- Fresh Dill
- Salt and pepper
Don’t Miss: How To Make Shredded Chicken In The Instant Pot
How Long Does It Take To Thaw Frozen Salmon
For quick thawing just place frozen fish package in cool water for approximately 20 to 30 minutes just until contents are flexible.Once its thawed, immediately cook or refrigerate your piece.If you havent punctured the package you can keep in your fridge to cook later too as an option. Prior to cooking, do not allow fish to reach temperatures above 38 degrees F for best results.
Doesnt this just look amazing??!! I know youre thinking about where you could grab some for dinner tonight.
If you want to buy fish in bulk you usually will save a bit of money at stores like Costco or Sams Club.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Instant Pot Frozen Salmon
Pour a cup of water into the bottom of your pressure cooker. Add lemon to this as well if you like that flavor. Youre essentially going to be steaming your frozen fish. Lower down a trivet now.
Place frozen salmon fillets on to trivet with any seasonings youd like on top. A slice of lemon and butter on top now makes it really moist and flavorful.
Close lid and steam valve and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes with a quick release when done.
Try this and our best baked salmon to see which one you prefer. The biggest difference is when its thawed you can add dry rub liberally so it will stick.
It is a bit pricier at smaller chains and organic supermarkets for sure but sometimes buying in bulk comes with compromising pieces too.
Ninja Foodi Frozen Salmon
Can you make this in your Ninja Foodi too?? Of course you can!! Any brand will do. I have a Crockpot Express too and it works basically the same without the air fryer function.
- Just follow the directions below on how to cook frozen salmon if all you have a bag of frozen fish on hand. That way you too can have a flavorful dinner tonight.
Lets start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this > Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Yes we have made fresh fish in an Instant Pot, but when Ive completely forgotten to defrost my fillets this timing comes in really handy.
We these tips on how to cook frozen meat helps you make a wonderful meal for your family too.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Pinto Beans In Instant Pot