How To Cook A Frozen Pork Butt
I have done this with all different types of protein. That is why I put together this list of how to cook frozen meat in Instant Pot post. If youve ever freaked out because literally all you have in the house is rock hard proteins in the freezer, this might save the day .
We first shared this Instant Pot frozen pork shoulder recipe because it was such a hit. I do realize that different cuts have slightly different liquids and cook times so I decided to add the butt as well.
Lets start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Can You Overcook Pork In A Pressure Cooker
Unfortunately, once you overcook a piece of meat in the pressure cooker, theres no going back. Because the size dictates how quickly the heat will get to the center of the meat. A roast, for example, has the longest distance for heat to travel from the outside to the center of the meat. And, thats about 45 minutes.
Make Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops
Note that your Instant Pot may take longer to get to pressure when cooking from frozen.
For Instant Pot frozen pork chops, increase the time under pressure to 8 mins. Make sure to check your cooked pork chops with a meat thermometer to ensure an adequate temperature.
You May Like: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
More About Frozen Pork Chops In Instant Pot Recipes
THE BEST INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS MADE FROM FROZEN
- Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads hot, add half the pork chops and brown on each side, approximately 3 minutes per side. Transfer chops to a plate and repeat process with remaining chops.
- Turn unit off and add first batch of chops and chicken broth. Add the lid and set the pressure valve to sealing. Select the Manual cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 10 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and transfer chops to a serving platter. Add goat cheese to the Instant Pot® and stir until melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
INSTANT POT RANCH PORK CHOPS – DUMP AND GO DINNER | ONCE A …
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS FROM FRESH OR FROZEN | RECIPES FROM …
FROZEN PORK CHOPS INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS · THE TYPICAL MOM
20 OF THE BEST IDEAS FOR INSTANT POT FROZEN PORK CHOPS …
BEST 20 FROZEN PORK CHOPS INSTANT POT – BEST RECIPES EVER
FromEstimated Reading Time
RECIPE THIS | INSTANT POT FROZEN PORK CHOPS
Best Damn Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops
One inch thick, juicy, tender and delicious boneless pork chops made in your Instant Pot. Quite simply the best boneless pork chops ive ever made.Ive tried several pork chop recipes in the Instant Pot but honestly, have only had mediocre results. So I set out to try and make pork chops how they really should be browned on the outside, juicy and delicious on the inside. Sounds simple enough, right? Well after a dozen or so attempts, ive finally got down the perfect recipe.
Ive found the best boneless pork chops for the Instant Pot are one inch thick. Not only are they easy to come by at the grocery store, but they simply are the best thickness for pressure cooking.
Also Check: How To Cook Beets In Instant Pot
How Do You Cook Frozen Boneless Pork Chops
If you are like me and you forget to take the meat out of the freezer the night before, raise your hand. You are among friends, its ok. So now you have frozen pork chops and you are left wondering, how do you cook frozen boneless pork chop? With the Instant Pot or any pressure cooker, you can go from frozen to done easily. The cook time is the same, it just takes the pot longer to come to temperature, which means it takes longer to reach pressure. It is still easier than trying to thaw them. The only downside is, it is hard to brown the outside of frozen pork chops.
Diets This Recipe Is Good For
- Gluten-free No gluten in this instant pot pork chop recipe.
- Paleo Pork is an acceptable food for paleo.
- Dairy-free There is no cheese or any other dairy in these chops.
- Nut-free No nut flour or nuts in IP pork chops.
- Sugar-free There is no sugar in or on these instant pot pork chops.
- Low carb These pork chops, including the gravy are only a few net carbs per serving.
Read Also: How To Cook Venison Roast In An Instant Pot
More About Instant Pot Dijon Pork Chops Recipes
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS WITH A DIJON BUTTER SAUCE THE
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Press Saute to preheat your Instant Pot. When the word hot appears on the display, add the olive oil then brown the chops in batches on both sides. Remove the chops and set them aside.
- Add the wine and stir to deglaze the pot, allowing the wine to reduce slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth to the pot then return the chops to the pot, along with any accumulated juices.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press Manual and adjust the timer to 6 minutes. Check that the cooking pressure is on high and that the release valve is set to Sealing.
- When the time is up, allow the pot to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure using Quick Pressure Release. Remove the chops and tent with foil to keep warm.
PRESSURE COOKER MAPLE DIJON MUSTARD
FromEstimated Reading Time
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS WITH DIJON CREAM SAUCE OR
FromEstimated Reading Time
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute mode, and place the oil inside. Let it heat until it is glistening and the pot is fully preheated.
- While the pot is preheating, season your pork chops with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder on both sides.
- Melt the butter into the empty pot, and toss in the onions. Brown for 5-10 minutes on saute until the onions are translucent.
Does Meat Need To Be Covered With Liquid In An Instant Pot
No, the pork loin chops do not have to be covered with liquid in the instant pot. The idea of making pork chops in the pressure cooker is that they cook with steam. If they are covered with liquid they will boil and thats not the result that we are looking for.
Thats why you only need 1 cup of liquid, which sits on the bottom of the pot underneath the trivet and the pork chops elevated above it.
Also Check: How Long To Cook Pre Cooked Ribs In Instant Pot
How Long Does It Take
Making pork chops in the instant pot is relatively quick and easy. The whole process is under an hour, but the active cooking time required by you is far less:
- Prepping and searing takes about 10-15 minutes.
- 1 minute of active cook time.
- 1o minutes to heat the Instant Pot.
- 10-15 minutes natural release time.
- Then 3-5 minutes to thicken the gravy.
This means it takes about 40 minutes total, but 25 of those minutes are inactive cooking time, which means you dont have to do anything or be there for any of it. So really, it is about 15-20 minutes of your time to make this amazing dish!
Also Check: How To Boil Milk In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Pork Chops From Fresh Or Frozen
Pork, loin roast: 20 per 450 g / 1 lb Pork, butt roast: 15 per 450 g / 1 lb Pork, ribs: 15 20 per 450 g / 1 lb Turkey, breast 7 9 per 450 g / 1 lb Turkey, breast 20 25 per 450 g / 1 lb Turkey, drumsticks 15 20 per 450 g / 1 lb Veal, chops: 5 8 per 450 g / 1 lb Veal, roast: 12 per 450 g / 1 lb
Juicy Instant Pot Pork Chops. Instant Pot Apple Cider Pork Chops are so soft, juicy and tender that this might become the only way you cook pork chops going forward. I love a good and easy recipe, and this one, guys, is a keeper. The best part of this recipe is that you can put a full meal on the table with minimum effort and a fraction of the time.
Also Check: Instant Pot Roasted Beets
Cooking Frozen Pork Chops In 8 Different Ways
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure to learn more.
If you are one of those people with a busy lifestyle, cooking may be challenging. Your dinner plans shouldve been frozen pork chops. However, you forgot to remove them from the freezer. In this case, if you are searching for a solution, we have it right here.
There is a way that you can cook frozen pork chops and still save your dinner plans. Keep in mind that you need to cook the frozen meat longer than you need since the meat needs to be well prepared.
How can I cook frozen pork chops? Frozen pork chops can be cooked without a problem and here we have the solution for you.
You can thaw the pork chops before cooking, slow cook only if the meat is thawed, bake them in the oven, use the air fryer, pressure cooker, fire up the grill, use an instant pot or crockpot.
Read below tips and all of the methods of properly preparing the frozen pork chops.
Cooking Frozen Pork Chops In An Instant Pot
You may be wondering if you can also make frozen pork chops in the instant pot. You can but some of the instructions are going to change slightly from the main recipe. Here are a few instructions for you to follow:
- You can cook frozen pork chops in an instant pot, but be sure that they are not frozen in a big clump. They will not cook evenly in the instant pot.
- When they are frozen it will be harder to season them and you skip the searing step.
- Add approx. 2 minutes to the pressure cooking time and increase the natural release time by another 5 minutes when making instant pot frozen pork chops.
- Make sure to check the instant pot pork chops with a thermometer and cook to 145 degrees.
Recommended Reading: Roast In Instant Pot Frozen
Frozen Pork Loin Instant Pot Recipe Tips:
- You can use a 6 quart or 8 quarts Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Both work great. The main difference is that in the larger sized version you can cook/add more meat.
- Also, it is important for pressure to release naturally. DO NOT do a quick release of the meat when the cooking time is up. It is best for it to do the release naturally, and wait for it for about 10 minutes.
- You can skip the Honey Garlic Sauce and simply cook without it. However, the sauce is really complimenting this dish nicely, and we love using it.
How To Make Pork Chops In The Pressure Cooker
Pork chops in Instant Pot are pretty easy to make!
Also Check: Walmart Instant Pot Recall
More About Pork Chops In Instant Pot From Frozen Recipes
INSTANT POT RANCH PORK CHOPS AND POTATOES – MADE
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS – SPEND WITH PENNIES
- Add 1 cup broth to the Instant Pot and scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. .
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS WITH HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- Combine honey, soy sauce, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar and sweet chili sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Season the pork chops with pepper and add them to the hot pot. Brown the pork chops 1-2 minutes per side and no more. Transfer pork to a clean plate.
- Add the minced garlic to the pot, press “Cancel” to turn off saute mode, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS IN MUSHROOM GRAVY | PRESSURE …
- Select Saute to preheat the pot. When hot, add the oil. Once it begins to sizzle, brown the pork chops on both sides. When browned, remove to a platter.
- Add the water to deglaze the pot, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Return the pork chops to the cooking pot, along with any accumulated juices. Carefully spoon the cream of mushroom soup on top of the pork chops. Do not stir into the water.
- Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and 18 minutes cook time. When the cook time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then finish with a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
How To Bake Frozen Pork Chops
Your busy lifestyle may include a few missteps, like forgetting to take the pork chops out of the freezer before rushing off to work or school. Though cooking frozen pork chops takes a little longer, you can safely prepare a delicious dinner without taking time to thaw the meat. Whether you choose the oven, pressure cooker or an air fryer, pork chops require an additional 50 percent cooking time.
Can You Put Frozen Pork In An Instant Pot
Place the trivet with handles and place the frozen steak directly on it. If it doesnt fit, cut it in half. Close the lid and make sure the valve is facing the leaks. Press the button on the pressure cooker and set the timer for 60 minutes for frozen pork tenderloin and 40 minutes for fresh or thawed pork tenderloin.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Chops
If you have checked out our other pork chops recipes on Recipe This, then I am sure you will be surprised when I say that I dont like pork chops.
I was a vegetarian for many years and have always been rather fussy when it comes to meat on the bone and pork chops.
However, I will often make them for Dominic as I know how much he likes it and how much our readers enjoy our pork chops too.
If you have missed our previous pork chop recipes, then let me give you a quick recap.
I may not like pork chops and will often grab a chicken breast instead, but what I do love is the sauce and the couscous which I get excited about every time I make the hubby and the kids instant pot frozen pork chops.
And that is what today is all about. Not just frozen pork chops in the instant pot that are NOT tough, but about a one pot instant pot meal using frozen meat.
Go and grab your frozen pork chops from the freezer and let me show you my secret methods for transforming it in the instant pot.
Also Check: How Long To Cook Spaghetti Squash In Instant Pot
How To Cook Frozen Pork Chops On The Stove
Whether you are doing a pan-fry or simply placing it on a hot pan, you start cooking the chops by turning on the stove to medium heat. Cooking on the stove produces similar pork chops cooked on a grill. Take a pan or a large skillet and place it over the heat. Make sure to add butter or oil and graze it all over the surface. If you want, you can also coat it with a thin layer of fat.
In the meantime, you can begin seasoning your pork chops the same way as told in the recipe. Pat the seasoning down to your frozen pork chops using your hands to help the spices stick to the meat for flavor. Once you are done, you can put the chops into the pan and wait until it browned on each side. After that, cover the pan and let the meat simmer inside until it reaches 155 degrees. And voila! Your meat is deliciously cooked.