Nutrition Facts About Eggs
Hard-boiled eggs are loaded with healthy fats, proteins and nutrients. One hard-boiled egg has the following:
- Calories 77
- Vitamin A: 6% of RDA
- Vitamin B2 Riboflavin:15 % of RDA
- Vitamin B5 pantothenic acid: 7% of RDA
- Phosphorus: 86 mg
- Selenium:15.4 mcg
Eggs have lots of nutrients to offer and are a low-calorie food. Hard-boiled eggs provide 77 calories and 5 grams of fat and little carbs.
Hard-boiled eggs Eggs have a great source of protein with about 6 grams per egg.
Eggs have amino acids, they are a complete source of protein.
Hard-boiled eggs have some important nutrients like vitamin D all Vitamin Bs, Zinc, Calcium. They also offer a really good source of Riboflavin and Vitamin B12.
Most of the nutrients of the egg come from the yolk and the white part contains most of the protein.
Overall: The hard-boiled egg is an excellent source of protein. They contain all nine of the essential amino acids and both parts of the egg yolk and white have this main nutrient
How To Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs In Instant Pot
If you have trouble cooking eggs on the stove, your pressure cooker will do a great job!
Pour 1 cup of water in Instant Pot.
Place a trivet inside and put the eggs on top of it.
Then, close the top and make sure its sealed. Set the cooking time for 5 minutes on high pressure.
When done, let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes, then open the valve to release the steam.
Now you can place the eggs in ice bath for 5 minutes. Done!
What Makes Hard Boiled Eggs Easier To Peel
What good is a perfect boiled eggs when they are a pain to peel and you are losing half of the egg white in the process?!
Luckily, Ive never had any issue peeling Instant Pot eggs. The peels always slide off easily in 2-3 big pieces.
While it could be the pressure cooking process, I also think immersing the pressure cooker eggs in an ice bath right after quick releasing the pressure helps with easy peeling.
Another way to facilitate easy peeling, is by cracking the shell on the counter and then removing the shells under cold running water. The water goes between the egg and shell and makes it simply slide off.
You May Like: Venison Roast Ideas
What Is The Right Egg Temperature
There are two camps when it comes to eggs. Store it in the fridge or store it at room temperature.
Im not saying one way is better than the other. In the past, I would store my eggs in the fridge and now I keep them at room temperature.
- Reason 1 when I boil an egg 9 times out of 10 the eggshell broke and I lost half of my egg
- Reason 2 when I buy my eggs on the market, at the farmers or supermarket all of the eggs are kept at room temperature. So I decided to changes my ways and when I boil an egg now 1 time out of 20 a shell breaks.
How Long Does It Take To Boil An Egg In A Pressure Cooker
While cooking eggs in the Instant Pot isnt quicker than on the stovetop, it is pretty much foolproof. It takes about 5 minutes at high pressure and then it natural releases for 5 minutes and in ice water for 5 minutes. If youd prefer a bit of a softer yolk try 4 minutes at high pressure, theyll be a bit more creamy but still hard cooked.
Cooking hard boiled eggs in a pressure cooker may take close to the same time but when I say they come out perfectly hard boiled I mean absolutely perfect. Tender whites with picture perfect yolks that are completely cooked with a soft texture.
Don’t Miss: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Notes On Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- It takes my pressure cooker about 5 minutes to reach pressure, but time to reach pressure may vary.
- If you are using an 8-quart Instant Pot, you may need to use a half cup more liquid to make sure your Instant Pot will come up to pressure.
- You can find more electric pressure cooker recipes with our Recipe Finder.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our .
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- Finally, all electric pressure cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own electric pressure cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Printable Recipe for Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
You May Like: Instant Pot Tuna
Why The Instant Pot Is The Best Method To Cook Eggs
There are so many reasons the Instant Pot is a great tool in the kitchen, but one of the best uses of this pressure cooker is how perfect they cook eggs. If youve ever struggled with overcooked, undercooked or hard-to-peel eggs you are going to love this device as much as I do! This machine takes the guess work out of making hard boiled eggs. All you do is place them in, add your water, close the lid and let steam! Then transfer to an ice bath and peel! So simple, and peels PERFECTLY every time. A total game changer. I just love my Instant Pot!!
Tips For The Best Instant Pot Eggs:
- Timings below are for large eggs. For medium eggs, reduce cook time by 1 minute and increase by 1 minute for extra large eggs.
- Start with refrigerated eggs.
- Its ok to stack eggs on the rack, but eggs should not touch the water or walls of the instant pot.
- Transfer cooked eggs to a bowl of ice water right away to prevent overcooking.
- We use a 6 Qt 7-in-1 Instant Pot Duo. You may need to experiment timings using a smaller or larger pressure cooker.
What Are The Ingredients For Deviled Eggs
Use all of your favorite add ins, but for us eggs are a must! Chop them up like you would for egg salad sandwiches, but a bit less mushing and stir them in with your mayo and tender potatoes.
MOST important tips to remember when you cook hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot: DO NOT quick release the steam when the timer goes off.
- Rather, dont touch the steam release valve for 5 minutes, that is called a natural release.
- Then, as soon as you open the lid have a bowl of ice water ready to submerge them in. This will make the shells slide off like a gem.
You May Like: How To Cook Dry Pinto Beans In Instant Pot
How Many Eggs Can You Make At A Time
Heres the best part! You can really cook as many eggs or as little as youd like. This method would even work if you wanted only one hard boiled egg, but since we do this for meal prep for the week, I like to cook 12 all at the same time and they come out great. Ive found that 12 eggs fit perfectly on the metal rack at the bottom of your Instant Pot, but if you decide to cook more than 12 eggs at a time, I highly suggest getting this steamer basket. I have this exact one and it works great! The steamer basket also makes transferring the eggs to the ice bath super easy too! Ive actually made two dozen hard boiled eggs using the steamer basket over Easter and they were all perfection.
Advantage Of Using Steamer Rack Or Trivet For Making Steamed Boiled Eggs In Instant Pot
In this method of making eggs, we use the steamer rack or trivet that comes with the instant pot to make steamed eggs that has the texture of boiled eggs.
This method is very popular among instant pot users to make eggs, especially with the 5-5-5 method since most prefers soft boiled eggs.
The main advantage I find with using a steamer rack or trivet to steam the eggs in the instant pot is that, I never had an instance of broken egg in the instant pot when I follow this method.
While using stove top method of boiling eggs, occasionally I used to find a cracked egg on the process, which I didnt like.
When I directly boil the eggs in the instant pot without trivet too, the chances of broken or cracked eggs are little to none compared to traditional stove top boiling method.
However, with this method of using a steamer rack or trivet, there is really no chance of the eggs cracking while they are getting cooked. That way, you get perfect steamed, boiled eggs every time!
Another advantage of making eggs in the instant pot is easy peeling of the eggs, which you probably know by now!
Below you can get the detailed recipe for steamed, boiled eggs in the instant pot!
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Tamale Recipe
Read Also: How Long To Steam Tamales From Frozen
How Long Do Hard Boiled Eggs Last
If you want to incorporate hard boiled eggs as part of your weekly meal prep, you may wonder how many you could make at once so that they are still safe to consume.
And while most cooked proteins only last about 3-4 days refrigerated hard boiled eggs last 1 week in the refrigerator and that is peeled or in shell.
What Are The Best Eggs To Use
I have honestly used all different types of eggs for this method, and they all turn out. Whether you get the cheapest eggs at the store, brown eggs, organic eggs, or even eggs from your backyard chickens, they should turn out. If you are using extra-large eggs, you may need to make a few more adjustments!
Don’t Miss: Burn Notice On Instant Pot
Making Egg Bites Without Silicone Egg Molds
If you don’t have any silicone egg molds, you can use use 4-ounce Ball canning jars. The recipe should be just enough to fill 6 of them. Because they’re glass, best to lower the time to 4 minutes, with 4 minutes of natural pressure release.
You can also use silicone muffin liners, just be sure to increase the cooking time to 10 minutes, if you’re using larger molds.
In Love With The Instant Pot
Im somewhat new to the Instant Pot . I love the ability to get dinner on the table so quickly, I love how versatile it is and how many other appliances it replaces .
I love being able to cook Instant Pot Egg Bites& Instant Pot mac and cheese in minutes and of course to make the best ever melt-in-your-mouth Instant Pot Ribs. There is one thing I didnt realize I could do in the Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs.
Recommended Reading: Frozen Tamales Instant Pot
Perfect Instant Pot Boiled Eggs Without Rack
Perfect instant pot boiled eggswithout rack or trivet is possible and it is simple, easy, much faster and quicker and has the perfect texture and they are amazingly delicious! Making hard boiled or soft boiled eggs in the instant pot even without rack is much more easier than boiling the eggs in a pan on stove top.
You can also make easy boiled potatoes in an instant pot without trivet.
I have also made this perfect scrambled eggs in instant pot which is so easy to make, fluffy and delicous!
If you want to use a trivet or rack to boil the eggs in instant pot, I have also made this easy steamed boiled eggs in instant pot where we use the trivet to steam cook the eggs.
Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
The perfect technique for Instant Pot eggs is called the 5-5-5 method. What is the 5-5-5 method for cooking eggs? Here it is, simply:
- 5 minutes to come to pressure
- 5 minutes cook time
- 5 minutes natural release
I like to add an extra step of cooling the eggs in an ice bath after they are finished cooking. But even with this extra ice-bath step, youll still have perfectly cooked hard-boiled eggs in about 20 minutes.
To make an ice bath for your hard-boiled eggs, add a few cups of ice cubes to a big bowl full of cold water. When the eggs are done cooking in the pressure cooker, carefully transfer them to the bowl full of ice water. This stops the cooking and helps protect against that gray ring that can develop around egg yolks when they get overcooked.
You May Like: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Covering Egg Bites Before Cooking
It’s best to cover your egg bites with a parchment round or aluminum foil before cooking, just to make sure that the condensation on the lid doesn’t drip down to your beautiful eggs. If your egg molds came with a plastic lid, they are for storage and cant be used for cooking. If the egg mold lid is silicone, you should be able to use it when cooking, but be sure to check with your manufacturer instructions first.
How To Hard Boil Eggs In Instant Pot
Also Check: How To Cook Brussel Sprouts In Instant Pot
Use A Natural Pressure Release
No matter what kind of rice youre cooking, its a good idea to let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before opening the pot. This allows the moisture to distribute evenly throughout the grains, and helps it unstick from the bottom of the pot, too.
You *can* open the pot with a quick pressure release if you like, but it really does benefit from a little resting time!
For Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
These are essentially steamed hard boiled eggs. The eggs arent immersed in water, instead they are suspended above it on a steaming rack.
You will need a trivet to follow this recipe. I just use the one that came with my Instant Pot.
Simply add the cold water to the bottom of the pot, place the trivet/rack/steamer basket into the pot and arrange the eggs on top of that. You can add as many eggs as you can fit in one layer, which was about 12 for me.
Ive heard others even stack their eggs and fit 16-24 this way. But I havent worked up the courage to try this, in fear of all the eggs cracking.
Recommended Reading: How To Defrost Ground Beef In Instant Pot
Delicious Egg Bite Mix
You can make a Starbucks copycat version with bacon and Guyere, but there are a bunch of other combinations you can try!
- Vegetarian Egg Bites – choose any combination of chopped spinach, kale, onions, garlic, zucchini, carrots, with herbs, like parsley, basil, oregano, sage, thyme and/or rosemary.
- Dairy Free Egg Bites – feel free to substitute with vegan cheese.
- Fajita Egg Bites – put in chopped taco meat, onions, bell pepper, and cilantro with some oregano, cumin, and chile powder.
- Greek Style Egg Bites – add feta cheese, chopped Kalamata olives, spinach, and oregano, Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing, if you’d like.
- Brunch Egg Bites – mix in cream cheese into the eggs, and add chopped smoked salmon and chives.
Pressure Cooker Hard Boiled Eggs
Why is that?? Well theyre one of their favorite snacks, and they loved deviled eggs too!
- Before finding this Instant Pot 2 tier egg rack steamer I could only make a few hard boiled eggs at a time. That was fine if I was just making a few for the girls after school snack.
- If I wanted to make a lot of deviled eggs though, or a big batch of egg salad sandwiches for all of us I had to go thru the process twice.
- Instant Pot poached eggs are great for breakfast too.
Now, you could make soft boiled eggs as well by decreasing the cook time to 4 minutes on high pressure instead of 5. This will be subjective of course depending on just how soft you want them.
- Try this and see if you want them even softer. If so 3 minutes may be the perfect soft boiled egg recipe for you. Just use an 8 or 6 quart Instant Pot, either one will do with your cups of water in the bottom.
Read Also: Brussel Sprouts Ninja Foodi
Can You Make Hard Boiled Eggs In Instant Pot
The Instant Pot allows you to make as few or as many hard boiled eggs as youd like in only a few minutes. You can arrange a few eggs on the cooking rack or stack multiple layers deep with no time adjustment needed. Hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot are incredibly easy to peel, especially so if you are using fresh eggs.
Using the Instant Pot makes it so easy to make Deviled Eggs quickly!
This post may include affiliate links, by making a purchase through a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Click here to read my policy.