Instant Pot Poached Eggs Time
Poached eggs cook very fast when you make them in the Instant Pot. Follow the suggested cooking times below. Be prepared to immediately remove the poached eggs from the pressure cooker the second you remove the lid. Any delay and the poached eggs will continue to cook.
- 2 minute Instant Pot Poached eggs and the white of the eggs will be slightly wet and the yolk will be very runny.
- For 3 minute Instant Pot Poached eggs, the yolk will be runny but the egg whites will be very firm.
- 4 Minute IP poached eggs and the yolk and whites will be firm. The poached egg yolk will be cooked completely for people who don’t like wet and runny egg yolks.
Can I Make Instant Pot Poached Eggs Ahead Of Time
You might think its impossible to prep poached eggs ahead of time, but it isnt! Get out a bowl of iced water. Once your eggs are done poaching, remove them from the cups and place them gently in the water. They will keep for up to two days!
When you are ready to reheat them, bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Remove from heat and lower the chilled eggs into the pan for about 30 to 60 seconds until warmed through. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan! If you are working in batches, bring the water back to a boil between the batches if it cools off too much.
If you are planning to make the eggs ahead of time I recommend cutting the cooking time to 2 minutes to ensure the yolks wont harden after reheating.
Need some more inspiration for breakfast? Check out my breakfast recipes page.
How To Serve Instant Pot Poached Eggs
I love poached eggs served simply on a slice of toast spread with avocado and topped with some red pepper flakes! If you are looking for some recipe ideas, of course you know Ive got you covered.
- BLAT Eggs Benedict is topped with bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato under than perfectly poached egg!
- Looking for a fresher benedict? This California-Style Eggs Benedict is fantastic with an avocado hollandaise!
- You can even swap a sunny-side up egg with a poached egg on these breakfast tostadas!
Read Also: How To Make Caldo De Res In Instant Pot
Poached Egg Cooking Time
The exact time can vary depending on the brand of tray you are using, how many eggs you’re poaching, brand of pressure cooker, and even altitude. For the egg bite tray, I use the Popfex brand. This brand is my favorite because it is more sturdy and the pockets are deeper.
For me, if I’m cooking 4 eggs, I cook them for 4 minutes. More eggs will mean more surrounding heat which requires less cooking time. I suggest starting with 4 minutes then assess your egg. When the white is set, it’s done! If the white is partially clear and runny, cook it for another minute. With a couple of trial runs, you’ll soon know the exact cooking time for your pressure cooker and tray.
Poached Eggs The Easy Way
Webinstant pot air fryer slow cooker product reviews bbq & grilling cookware & equipment ingredient substitutions view all news recalls we tried it grocery trends celebrity & entertainment view all features dinner fix sweet spot in the kitchen about us allstars how to add a recipe our apps get the magazine. Webfind all food and drink answers to your wheel of fortune puzzles! Use category filters and will see all possible results from which you can further filter and find your answer. Proposition 30 on reducing greenhouse gas emissions has lost ground in the past month, with support among likely voters now falling short of a majority. Democrats hold an overall edge across the state’s competitive districts The outcomes could determine which party controls the us house of representatives.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Dry Beans In Instant Pot
What Is The Difference Between Poached Eggs And Soft Boiled Eggs
- Both soft boiled eggs and poached eggs are cooked in water that is gently boiling or simmering.
- For making soft boiled eggs, the whole egg in the shells are placed into simmering water and cooked for about five minutes. The white part of the egg is firmer than slightly, but not as firm as hard boiled. Soft boiled eggs are placed into an egg cup and a topper is used to cut off the top part of the shell, revealing the creamy egg yolk. A thin spoon is used to eat the egg from the inside of the shell.
- Poached Eggs can be cooked in egg poacher cups over a pot of simmering water, or the eggs can be slid directly in the pot of simmering water, which is a bit more hands on. When cooking directly in a pot of simmering water, a touch of vinegar is often added to the water to help keep the white part of the egg around the yolk. A spoon is used to push the whites of the egg, so they cling around the yolk. Poached eggs are very delicate and are usually served on buttered toast.
- So, while poached eggs and soft boiled eggs are both cooked in simmering water, the way the eggs are eaten is different, as well as the delicacy of the egg whites, with soft boiled egg whites being much firmer than poached eggs.
Cracked Eggs with Salt and Pepper
Store Instant Pot Poached Eggs
After the cooking time is done transfer the poached eggs to a bowl with cold water.
Now you can put them in ice water or add ice cubes to your eggs.
Once all poached eggs are cooled in ice-cold water put them in a . Cover the eggs with water so they will not dry out.
Then close the lid on the food container and you can store it in the fridge for up to five days.
Read Also: Whole Chicken Instant Pot
My Instant Pot Poached Eggs Are Not Done Yet
When you see the poached eggs are not done yet put the lid back on the Instant Cooker and turn the lid to close.
Now leave the eggs in for 2 to 3 minutes. If the egg white is really runny you should turn the Instant Pot back on again.
Open the lid and see if you can scoop the eggs out. Put on top of avocado toast and cut the poached egg.
Let the egg yolk run all over the avocado.
Avoid Eggs Sticking In Silicone Mold
If your eggs stick, they are likely to break as you are getting them out of the tray. Spray the holes you will be cracking eggs into with nonstick cooking spray. My favorite is Vegalene Nonstick Cooking Spray. It works amazingly well, is made of non-GMO oils, and after using it for 5+ years, it hasn’t left any residue on any of my bakeware like Pam does. This 6-pack on Amazon is a great price, but I’ve also bought single cans at a local kitchen supply store for $1-2 more.
Recommended Reading: How To Steam Chicken In Instant Pot
Make Ahead Poached Eggs
Poached eggs can be made ahead of time and gently reheated when youre ready to serve them. Store cooked eggs in a sealed container in the fridge. Add just enough cold water to the container that the eggs are barely covered. When ready to serve, bring a pot of water just to a simmer and reheat the eggs for 1 minute.
That pretty much covers it! You are going to be a brunch making master with this trick! A perfectly poached egg is the best way to take a meal from meh to wowza! and this Instant Pot trick makes it that much easier.
Can You Meal Prep Poached Eggs
Fun fact: you can actually meal prep poached eggs! If you use egg bites moulds, you can make 7 poached eggs at a time and then keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
I dont have a microwave, so if I make extra poached eggs, I warm them up in hot water.
Just place one or two eggs in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover with foil or a plate to keep the heat in. Let the eggs warm up for 5-7 minutes.
You May Like: Instant Pot Air Fryer Tray
Tips For The Perfect Instant Pot Poached Eggs
Timings for eggs poached in an instant pot rely upon various things:
- The materials of the containers you use
- The size of your instant pot,
- The temperature of the ingredients etc.
I read on different online journals that the eggs ought to be cooked on high for 4-5 minutes for a completely runny yolk yet mine was prepared in only 1-2 minutes and the yolk was delicately cooked as of now.
So I propose poaching one egg and start with a 1-minute clock.
Then, at that point go up on the off chance that you think the consistency isn’t up as you would prefer.
Whenever you have sorted out the right planning for yourself, poach various eggs together.
I don’t cover the eggs with foil while poaching which implies that there will be a couple of drops of water buildup over them.
I simply spill it out.
How To Make Instant Pot Poached Eggs
To make this recipe you start with a cup of water. Put it in the pressure cooker pot and place the trivet inside.
Spray the silicone tray with nonstick cooking spray and crack the desired number of eggs into the holes of the silicone tray.
Put your silicon tray filled with eggs and put it on top of the trivet.
Now close the lid and secure. Turn the valve to the sealing position. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes using the Pressure cook or Manual option.
After the cooking time is done, quick release pressing the sealing valve to release steam.
The egg whites should be cooked and slightly jiggle.
Then take a small spoon and carefully move it around the egg then scoop it out of the silicone tray. Check the eggs.
Read Also: Can You Steam Tamales In An Instant Pot
How Long Can I Keep It Stored
You can store the poached eggs for around 2 days, in an air-tight holder in the refrigerator.
While serving again, carry a pot of water to a turning bubble over high heat.
Switch off the oven and utilizing a spoon, tenderly lower the poached egg in the water and let it sit for 30 to 60 seconds.
Then, at that point take with an opened spoon on a plate fixed with a paper tissue and it is fit to be served.
Why You Will Love Easy Poached Eggs In An Electric Pressure Cooker
- You’ve heard all the poached egg tips: bring water to a gentle simmer, swirl a perfect vortex in the water, add vinegar, etc etc. None of that here! Just crack it, cook it, plate it, done no fuss, no tears
- Hands off prep the rest of your meal as the Instant Pot cooks your egg efficient mom award right here!
- Cook one or cook seven when was the last time you perfectly poached 7 eggs at a time on the stove top!? NEVER!
- Buttery, golden yolk with flaky sea salt you can’t possibly not love that
You May Like: Nova Duo Instant Pot
How To Make Instant Pot Poached Eggs:
Place the trivet that came with your Instant Pot in the bottom of the liner and pour in 1 cup of water. Spray each silicone cup with Pam cooking spray or rub with ghee/butter.
Crack each egg and pour it into the prepared cup..
Very carefully place the silicone cups into the Instant Pot.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot, twist to lock in place, and turn the knob to the Sealing position. Push the Steam button and adjust the time based on your desired doneness.
When the timer beeps, carefully release the pressure and remove the lid.*
Very carefully remove the silicone cups from the liner.
You may need to use a large spoon to break the seal between the egg and the silicone cup, but then they slide right out. Do Not use a knife!!
I used my Instant Pot Poached Eggs to make Classic Eggs Benedictfive times last week.so yummy!!
Cooking Poached Eggs For A Crowd
As I mentioned, the more eggs you are cooking the shorter the cook time. I can fill my tray of 7 and cook them 3 minutes for 7 perfectly poached eggs. I’ve had readers report back that with their less sturdy trays, 1 2 minutes was the perfect time for 7 eggs. This is great when you need to cook for a crowd!
I have not tried stacking 2 trays and making 14 at a time, but I’m assuming this would decrease the cook time by another minute. Let me know if you try this!
Read Also: Instant Pot Models Comparison
More Instant Pot Egg Recipes To Love
Caring is sharing! If you would like to support This Old Gal, please share this recipe on Social Media, so that I can continue to bring you more wonderful recipes!
If you share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag it with #thisoldgalcooks so we can see it. We might ! It makes my day when I see youve made one of our recipes!
Here is the handy printable recipe:
How To Make Instant Pot Poached Eggs Easily
- Spray your mason jar with cooking spray and then crack your egg into the jar.
- Put your rack inside your Instant Pot and then pour in 1 cup of tap water into the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set it to sealing and set the timer for manual pressure to either 3, 4, or 5 minutes.
- Once done, quick release and remove the poached egg by carefully flipping the jar upside down .
Don’t Miss: How Much Liquid Is Needed In An Instant Pot
Poached Egg Cooking Times
Below is a guideline based on the size of your Instant Pot and how long you cook them for. Timing and consistency may change depending on the size of your Instant Pot.
Generally speaking in 6 quart Instant Pot:
- 5 minuteswill give you sold egg whites with a firmer yolk.
- 4 minuteswill give you soft egg white with a slightly runny, soft yolk
- 3 minuteswill give you soft whites with a runny yolk .
- 2 minutes will give you soft white with a very runny yolk.
Your Instant Pot size matters! In 8 quart Instant Pot cook on Low Pressure for 4 minutes. If you dont have low pressure, you can try 2-3 minutes on High Pressure. A larger pot takes longer to build up pressure, so it may come out a bit overcooked. Test and see!
Different Timing Variations For Poached Eggs Made In Instant Pot
Here are the different variations for timings for the poached eggs in Instant Pot that I tried.
- Egg bites moulds, 5 minutes: egg yolks arent fully cooked but barely runny.
- Egg bites moulds, 4 minutes: slightly more cooked egg yolk at the edges and runny egg yolk in the middle.
- Egg bites moulds, 3 minutes: egg whites slightly too runny.
- Glass bowls, 3 minutes: egg yolk is runny just in the centre, most of the egg yolk is cooked.
- Glass bowls, 2 minutes: egg yolk is perfectly runny.
- Glass bowls, 1 minute: egg whites are too runny.
I do not cover the eggs with foil. It means that there will be a few drops of water condensation in the moulds/bowls but I just pour it out. Covering eggs with foil will mean that youd need to add 1-2 extra minutes of cooking time.
Note: do NOT cover the egg bites moulds with the lid they come with in Instant Pot. That lid is not safe for using in Instant Pot.
Also Check: How To Make Bone Broth In An Instant Pot
Ninja Foodi Poached Eggs
- Yes you can make these in your Ninja Foodi or any other brand of pressure cooker you may have.
- Im guilty of having ALL OF THEM, yes I have a Crockpot Express too.
- Its just how I make all of our meals nowadaysmy oven misses me so much.
This way you can just set it and forget it until the machine beeps. No more babysitting the pan on the stovetop anymore. Heres a bit of info I always like to share before we go on any further.
Lets start with a few basic tips:
- Make sure to Bookmark our InstaPot recipes page. We add new ones each week!
- Then PRINT this > Instant Pot cooking times cheat sheet that will help you understand how long meat, vegetables and beans take to cook in your pressure cooker.
For reference, this is the pressure cooker I have and use for all recipe creations.
Do I Cover Instant Pot Poached Eggs
- Instant Pot Poached Eggs do not have to be covered.
- The egg cups or egg bite tray, sits above the water and steams the eggs.
Since poached eggs are eaten on top of buttered toast or an English muffin, I chose to use an egg bite tray, so that butter could be melted at the same time.
Whether you are following a low carb or keto diet or not, this convenience of melted butter will be helpful.
Butter Melts as Eggs Poach
Adding butter to the center well, is an easy, no hassle way to melt the butter. The Instant Pot Poached Eggs will need to be covered, if using the butter option.
Pro Tip: If using the egg cups, there is no need to cover the cups.
Instant Pot Eggs Cook in Molds
You May Like: How To Cook Black Eyed Peas In Instant Pot