Brown Pork Loin In Instant Pot
First, press Saute button to Sauté More function to heat up Instant Pot.
It will switch to ON on the screen.
Wait until it says HOTon the screen .
*Pro Tip: You can prepare the remaining ingredients during the preheating and browning processes.
Roughly mince the garlic, then slice the onion.
*Pro Tip: Make sure Instant Pot is as hot as it can be to induce a Maillard reaction.
Now, add 1 2 tbsp olive oil in the Instant Pots inner pot. Ensure the whole bottom is coated with olive oil.
Pat dry the pork loin with a paper towel.
Then, season one side of the pork loin with kosher salt and black pepper.
Place the pork loin in Instant Pot .
Brown the first side for 4 minutes.;
Then, season the other side of pork loin with salt and black pepper.
After 4 minutes, flip over and brown the other side of pork loin for another 4 minutes.
Finally, set aside the browned pork loin.
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
An easy, divine recipe for the best pork tenderloin in the pressure cooker! Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin recipe uses fast, simple preparation, but tastes gourmet with tender, juicy pork smothered in a tangy balsamic gravy.;
Pork Tenderloin recipes absolutely kills it for a weeknight dinner. Prep work is fast, easy, and everything is made in one pot.
Plus, cooking pork tenderloin can make ameutar cooks feel like culinary rock stars. Its a forgiving cut of meat that is hard to mess up.
This easy pork tenderloin recipe is even more foolproof because it cooks in a pressure cooker. If you are an Instant Pot pork newbie, you may never go back to a traditional pork recipe again.
First, mix together a few pantry-staple spices, like ground sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper, for a dry rub. Use the Instant Pot SAUTE function to sear the sides in olive oil. Add chicken stock and seal the lid in place. Cook at HIGH pressure for only 5 minutes.;
After the pressure has released, remove the pork to rest, and make the sweet, tangy balsamic glaze in the pressure cooker. The gravy also has simple ingredients, such as traditional balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and pure maple syrup.;
The flavors balance out perfectly because of the acidity of the vinegar, saltiness from soy sauce, and sweetness of maple syrup. The recipe yields plenty of gravy, so drizzle it on juicy slices of pork and flavor your mashed potatoes or rice.;
Best Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Recipes
Pork tenderloin and loin cuts are tender and delicious making them favourite with the whole family. Weve put together our favourite Instant Pot pork tenderloin recipes that will make your week tastier with each slice.
It doesnt have to be Sunday to have a pork roast with the family. You can have it any time with the Instant Pot. Question is, will you be serving pork loin or pork tenderloin? Its the same thing, right? Or is it?;They sound similar but they are;not the same. They are actually different cuts of pork,;with different shapes & sizes. So, they cant be easily substituted in recipes.
You May Like: How To Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot With Steamer Basket
How To Serve Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Classic sammie? Pulled pork hash? You have tasty options!
- Sandwich. A pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw is a classic, cant-miss option!
- Salad. Make your favorite salad extra hearty and flavorful by adding some pulled pork.
- Quesadilla. Take a note from these Pulled Pork Quesadillas and turn your pork into a scrumptious new meal.
- Hash. Adding this pulled pork to a hash would be delicious .
- Tacos. Give pulled pork a creative new spin by serving it taco style .
Pressure Cooker Pork Loin Roast Recipe
– This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclosure
A pressure cooker pork loin roast recipe that results in tender and juicy meat every time. And its a faster cooking method than using the oven or slow cooker.
I made this pressure cooker pork loin roast recipe using the 8 quart so there was plenty of room. The great thing about having two electric pressure cookers is I can use one for the main dish and the other for the side dish.
And Im learning that its so much more convenient to use the Instant Pot instead of turning the oven on. Plus, the food cooks a lot quicker under pressure.
In fact, food cooks so fast that when I was just starting to learn how to use the pressure cooker, I often overcooked everything. So be sure to check out the recommended cooking times if youre a beginner.
The other thing to keep in mind is that the food cooks as the pot is building pressure and its also cooking as the pressure is released. So the cooking time is longer than whats set in; the program.
You May Like: Instant Pot Poultry Setting
Storing & Reheating Leftovers
To store pork tenderloin leftovers, place in an airtight container and keep in refrigerator for up to three days.
To freeze pork tenderloin leftovers, place in a plastic bag or wrap in plastic wrap and keep in freezer for up to three months.
To reheat pork tenderloin leftovers, let thaw naturally in the refrigerator overnight, and bake at 350, wrapped in foil, until piping hot when ready to serve.
How Long To Cook Pork Loin In Instant Pot
Whether you are cooking a roast or a tenderloin, you start with the same process. First, brown both sides of pork for 1-2 minutes per side to lock in the moisture and flavor. You can do this by using the Sauté function. Generously season the pork and drizzle the inner pot with 1 tbsp unsalted butter or olive oil. Set aside the pork.
Then add 1 cup of liquid to deglaze the bottom of the pot which will be a delicious gravy later on. Apply a dry rub seasoning to all sides of the browned pork, then place pork in back in the Instant Pot. Pressure Cook at High Pressure.
You will notice that different recipes will have various cook times. Cooking times depend on the size or weight of your pork and how well done you like it .
Also Check: Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot
Storage And Reheating Tips
If youre not serving a crowd, put the cooked slices in a freezer bag or container, and save them for a busy day when you dont have much time to cook. A perfect meal prep idea! Instant Pot Turkey Breast is another one of my favorite meal prep recipes.
The pork should last 3-4 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw frozen pork overnight in the refrigerator.;Reheat gently in the microwave, or lightly fry until warm.;
Other pork recipes:
How To Cook Pork Loin In An Instant Pot
- First, I like to brown the meat. The nice thing is you can do this right in the pressure cooker. Just turn on the saute setting and, once its heated, add the oil and heat it up. Brown the meat in the oil so it develops a golden crust on all sides. Doing this will add a nice texture and amazing flavor!
- At this point, turn off the saute setting and remove the pork. There will be all kinds of browned bits on the bottom of the pot. Add the vegetable broth and you should be able to scrape up all of those bits, which is called degalzing a pan. This will prevent them from burning and will give the broth even more flavor.
- Cooking the pork with the vegetable broth will also help make it so juicy!
- Now its time to cook the pork! Place the meat back in the pot and secure the lid. Close the steam vent and set the manual option for 20 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, allow the steam to release naturally for five minutes. Then, open the steam valve to release any remaining pressure.
Recommended Reading: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Easy Pork Tenderloin In The Instant Pot
Easy Pork Tenderloin In The Instant Pot quick and simple to make, tender, perfectly cooked, juicy and flavorful pork tenderloin cooked in a pressure cooker.
This is seriously the best Instant pot pork tenderloin recipe! I love pork and have shared many pork tenderloin recipes, using different cooking methods and seasonings. From oven roasted, to grilled and pan seared , there are s many different ways to cook this cut of meat. Did I tell you I once made Stuffed Pork Tenderloin? It was delicious and Keto friendly.
Just watch your cooking temperature do not overcook it. This is essential in order to achieve the perfect Instant pot pork tenderloin.
Can You Cook A Frozen Pork Loin
I did wonder what the best way to cook it would be. It is safe to cook frozen or partially frozen pork in the oven, on the stove, grill or in an Instant Pot now without defrosting it first!!
- Keep in mind that the cooking time may be about 50 percent longer. It is best if frozen pork roasts are cooked at an oven temperature of 325 degrees F. Cooking frozen pork in a slow cooker is not recommended.
- Using a pressure cooker is fabulous because the insides can get nice and tender while not overcooking the outside.
If you have cooked an Instant Pot pork tenderloin before thats been thawed, you know how good it is. BUT, sometimes we forget to prep meat in the morning. Guilty as charged.;
Read Also: Tamales In An Instant Pot
How To Cook A Smithfield Pork Tenderloin In An Instant Pot
In order to ensure that you have tender and juicy results, it is best to brown the meat prior to pressure cooking. It produces a barrier on the exterior surface of the meat that helps keep the moisture on the inside.
However because of the length of a tenderloin I prefer to cut it in half and sear the two pieces, rather than trying to brown one long piece.
After each side is seared, pour in your liquid and de-glaze the bottom of the pan. Be sure to remove all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pot before locking the lid in place.
Otherwise you risk getting the dreaded BURN notice during the cooking process. For a 6 quart Instant Pot, add at least 1 cup of liquid. However, if you have a larger 8 or 10 quart version, increase the liquid to 1.5 cups.
What Type Of Liquid Should I Use When Making Pork Tenderloin In The Instant Pot
Any type of thin liquid will work for this recipe. However, there will be a definite difference in flavor depending on what you chose.
Although you could use water as your liquid, I would highly recommend something with a little more flavor. In fact, any type of stock will be better than using plain water.
I have used vegetable, beef, and chicken stock with good results. We have even used a combination of balsamic vinegar, soy sauce and water to make Instant Pot Balsamic Pork Tenderloin.
However, my favorite liquid to use to make pork tenderloin is root beer. And I only discovered this by accident.
Instant Pot Pork Loin
Instant Pot Pork Loin Juicy and delicious Pork Loin Roast topped with garlic, butter, and herbs, and cooked to a tender and succulent perfection in the Instant Pot! Make dinnertime way less hectic with this easy Instant Pot Pork Loin recipe. A satisfying dinner on the table and clean up is a snap!;
A Low Carb and Keto-Friendly Recipe.
Also Check: Instant Pot Frozen Hamburger
Key Steps For Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Use thick, boneless loin chops. You could pretty much use any pork chops for this recipe, but boneless loin chops give you two advantages: The first is theres no bone to work around, and the second is that loin chops are generally more tender and quick-cooking than other pork chops.
- Brown the chops first. Just because we cant have crispy pork chops in the Instant Pot doesnt mean that we cant get some caramelized flavors from them. Use the pots sauté setting to melt some butter and brown the chops two at a time.
- Use the sauté function to brown the onions. While the pork chops rest, quickly brown some onions in the Instant Pot with the sauté function. You can technically caramelize onions under pressure, but that technique requires more time than we want to spend on a quick weeknight dinner.
- Smother the chops for cooking. After the onions are golden, add some broth to the cooker and return the pork chops to the Instant Pot. Make sure the pork chops are coveredbefore sealing the cooker and setting it to 10 minutes of high pressure.
- Finish the gravy with sour cream. After releasing the pressure from the Instant Pot , the gravy will still be quite hot and thin. Adding just a few tablespoons of sour cream to the gravy will cool it, which helps with thickening and also balances the very rich, meaty flavor of the onion gravy.
Difference Between Pork Tenderloin & Pork Loin
Pork loin and pork tenderloin are not cut from the same part of the animal. They actually look really different from each other. Pork tenderloin is thin and small. A pork loin is wide. Therefore, theres a significant difference in how you cook each of them. Check out;Pork Cuts: A Visual Guide. If youre in a hurry or feeding just a few people, choose pork tenderloin. For special occasions or larger crowds, a pork loin roast is better despite taking longer to cook, since its less expensive per pound.
Also Check: How Long To Pressure Cook Tamales
Instant Pot Pork Loin 2021 Recipes
Below we put together the BestInstant Pot Pork LoinRecipesin 2021, so you can show your full potential when cooking with your Instant Pot.
We give you 3 of Our Own Recipes plus the Best From the Internet.
Most of these recipes are easy and quick so you dont have too much hassle when cooking, but the focus is always on getting the best from both the Pork Loin taste and flavors.
Just for Today Get the IP DUO for $79.00
Without further ado, lets go with the Best Instant Pot Pork Loin Recipes in 2021. For our top picks we choose the following 3:
- InstantPot Pork Loin Roast 22-min
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Honey Garlic Sauce 14-min
- Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Gravy 13-min
Will Instant Pot Pork Roast & Gravy Freeze Well
The pork roast will freeze very well! I actually love having some on hand to use for various things. It works well in sliders, tacos, and over buttered noodles or mashed potatoes.
The only thing I would not recommend freezing are the mashed potatoes, as potatoes tend to discolor when frozen. Theyre easy and quick to make in your Instant Pot to go along with the Pork Roast and Gravy, though!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
WANT MORE EASY INSTANT POT RECIPES?
Read Also: Sushi Rice In Instant Pot
Frozen Pork Loin Instant Pot Recipe Tips:
- You can use a;6 quart or 8 quarts Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Both work great. The main difference is that in the larger sized version you can cook/add more meat.;
- Also, it is important for pressure to release naturally. DO NOT do a quick release of the meat when the cooking time is up. It is best for it to do the release naturally, and wait for it for about 10 minutes.;
- You can skip the Honey Garlic Sauce and simply cook without it. However, the sauce is really complimenting this dish nicely, and we love using it.;
How Long Does A Loin Of Pork Take To Cook
Place the pork skin side up onto the trivet which should line the base of the tray. Place in the centre of the oven and roast for 25 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180°C for fan assisted or 190°C for ovens without a fan. Continue roasting for 30 minutes per 500g reaching a core temperature of minimum 65°C.
You May Like: Instant Pot Hoppin John Recipe
Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin With Honey Garlic Sauce
Prep Time:;10 minutes;| Cook Time:;4 minutes;| Yield:;4 servings |;Method:;Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
DESCRIPTIONThe second recipe is both fast and easy to cook. You will get the best Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin with Honey Garlic Sauce for that extra punch on flavor. This recipe will turn out your pork tenderloin perfectly, moist and juicy with a great mixture of delicious flavors.
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch