Quarantine Is Hard Dinner Shouldn’t Be
That’s why hands-off appliance cooking especially with tools like the Instant Pot is especially useful right now. Below, you’ll find 70+ easy Instant Pot recipes that’ll help you get dinner on the table faster. They’re divided into categories: pasta, soups and stews, chicken, beef and seafood, and vegetarian and vegan. Save this list!
Tyson Teams With Instant Pot To Launch New Meal Kits
SPRINGDALE, ARK. Tyson Foods, Inc. has partnered with Instant Brands Inc. to develop new Tyson Instant Pot Kits.
Designed to cook in the Instant Pot multicooker in 20 minutes, the fully prepared kits contain chicken, rice and sauces. Varieties include Hatch green chile chicken and rice casserole, Cajun-style chicken and rice, and teriyaki chicken and rice.
We know lack of time is one of the biggest reasons people go to a restaurant or order out, which was the inspiration behind creating our fully prepped meal kits, said Steve Silzer, marketing director for the Tyson brand. By combining our expertise in chicken with Instant Pots credibility in cookware, were able to bring a fresh meal to the table thats culinary-inspired, stress-free and fast.
Tyson Instant Pot Kits are slated to launch nationwide this spring.
Instant Pot Garlic Herb Chicken And Rice
Another easy meal option is garlic herb chicken and rice. The rice is fluffy, the chicken is juicy, and the cook time is low. What more could a busy at-home chef ask for? All the details, including how to get the right rice-to-water ratio for this one-pot meal, can be found at Subhasmita Panigrahis The Flavours of Kitchen.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Egg Bites In Instant Pot
Dump And Go Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
With a handful of ingredients, you can easily make delicious and creamy fettuccine alfredo.
Ready in under 20 minutes, this is a simple and quick dinner that the kids will be sure to ask for again and again.
Pair with some easy to make garlic bread and you have an Italian favorite that everyone can get on board with.
Instant Pot Beef Goulash
- Sunday Pot Roast This pot roast with potatoes and carrots is the perfect Sunday dinner. Use your favorite cut of roast, and add your favorite vegetables.
- Beef Pot Pie Tender chunks of beef and crisp vegetables cook up quickly in a rich beef sauce. Top with a flaky puff pastry, and dinner is on the table.
- Beef Goulash The beef in this goulash tastes like it has simmered all day, but it really cooks in less than an hour.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage This dish is always a favorite for St. Patricks Day, but you will love this simple and speedy recipe anytime of year.
- Meatballs Meatballs in the Instant Pot are the easiest way to make meatballs EVER. No browning or sautéing. Just throw them in the sauce uncooked and let the Instant Pot do the rest!
- Instant Pot Beef Stew This stew is loaded with melt-in-your-mouth beef, hearty vegetables, and a rich broth. You wont believe how quickly and easily it comes together.
Also Check: How Long To Cook Beef Stew In Instant Pot
Beef Instant Pot Recipes
This collection of tasty and hearty beef recipes can be made made in the fraction of the time in the Instant Pot. Our easy Instant Pot Sunday Pot Roast has been a huge hit with our readers. We have over 250 comments on just this one recipe alone! Who knew Sunday dinner could be so easy? Our most popular Instant Pot Recipe is our Instant Pot Meatballs recipe. You will be surprised how delicious they are and how well they stay together. You will get perfect meatballs EVERY TIME. They are well-deserving of the 5-star average review on Google!
Bonus Recipe: Instant Pot Apricot Chicken
We hope youve enjoyed perusing these recipes for the Instant Pot and hope you have been inspired with ideas for using this amazing kitchen appliance in your every day cooking. This is not a sponsored post, we just love our Instant Pots and wanted to share our favorite ways of using them.
As a bonus, we are adding an easy and delicious Instant Pot dinner idea. It is a variation of our Easy Apricot Chicken and you are going to love it!
Don’t Miss: Instant Pot Pro 6 Qt
Best Instant Pot Recipes For Easy Weekday Meals
The best Instant Pot recipes are so popular to make because they’re done in an appliance that combines the best of two culinary prep staples: pressure cookers and slow cookers. The versatility and ease of use that comes with owning just one device that can do both things is why Instant Pots have such die-hard fans. Another plus: The seemingly endless recipes you can whip up simply and quickly to make delicious appetizers, dinners, and even desserts.
The Instant Pot is a classic in the line of set it and forget it multicookersand if you dont have one, consider adding it to your holiday wish list ASAP. It works while you do something else, whether thats preparing another dish or getting your place ready for a big party. You can use it to make entire meals, basic elements for larger dishesthink chicken for fajitasor to create healthy substitutes of your favorite comfort food.
Here are a few of the best Instant Pot recipes, courtesy of pro food influencers, to get you started on your journey.
How I Prep A Week Of Instant Pot Dinners For Two
Here, youll use the Instant Pot to prep breakfast and Mondays lunch, and then youll keep it on your counter and use it to assemble quick, delicious dinners every night of week. The leftovers turn into a new recipe for lunch every day, which will make you feel like a total meal prep pro!
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Chicken Breast In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Freezer Meals
**This post may contain affiliate links, but we promise only to point you to products we use and love!**
The Instant Pot is our new favorite kitchen appliance. It isnt required for freezer cooking, but it certainly does help, because you can cook your meals directly from the freezer. No thawing!
To get you started, we have adapted the instructions for 50 of our best comfort food recipes to make them instant pot freezer meals. We also have resources, tips, and an Instant Pot Meal Plans to introduce you to freezer cooking with an Instant Pot.
Healthy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Ground black pepper, to taste
INGREDIENTS TO FINISH & SERVE:
- Small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- BEFORE COOKING: Add 9 cups water or low sodium chicken broth.
- INSTANT POT: Cook from frozen on High pressure for 35 minutes. Quick Release.
- SLOW COOKER: Thaw in the fridge for 24 hours before cooking. Cook on Low for 10 hours or on High for 6 hours.
- AFTER COOKING: Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks. Blend a bit with an immersion blender until desired consistency. Add chicken and parsley. Stir and serve hot.
Instant Pot 35 mins, QR OR Slow Cooker Thaw 24 hrs. Low 10 hrs, High 6 hrs. Before 9 cups water/broth. After shred chicken, puree soup, 1 small bunch parsley.
Read Also: How To Put Instant Pot Slow Cooker On High
Instant Pot Not So Common Ramen
While kids could pretty much live off of boxed ramen, there is literally nothing healthy about it.
This ramen recipe is almost as easy to make as the boxed recipe but so much better for you!
Its cheap to make and has way less sodium than its packaged counterpart.
You can also add a lot of different variations to this recipe, depending on what you have on hand. Add a poached egg on top for an authentic flair, different veggies, make it spicier with jalapenos or red pepper flakes, and even change up the flavor with different types of stocks.
Whats In The Instant Pot Kits
You can probably guess that Tyson Instant Pot Kits all feature chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs, to be exact. They also come with rice and a seasoning packet and are available in three different flavors so far: Hatch Green Chile Chicken Casserole for anyone who likes some spice, Creamy Chicken and Noodle Casserole for those who prefer a classic, and sweet-soy Teriyaki Chicken and Rice.
If youre willing to put some effort into sides or just want to make a quick burrito, you can also grab the Chipotle Seasoned Chicken. And if chicken isnt your jam, you can pick up the BBQ Seasoned Boneless Country Style Pork Ribs to close out summer, or the Creamy Stroganoff Beef & Noodle kit which is just perfect for fall.
For the most part, it seems like you dump the ingredients in your Instant Pot and go. You dont even have to stir! Then, 20 minutes later, you have a meal thats hot and ready to eat.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Baby Back Ribs In Instant Pot
Mussels With White Wine And Garlic
This recipe sounds all kinds of gourmet. It’s perfect for a date night or to whip up when you need to impress your in-laws in a jiffy. The mussels are seasoned with garlic, butter, and bay leaves to add delicious flavor without masking the natural taste of the seafood. Serve with crusty bread and a glass of red wine. You’ll be smiling the whole time, too, because mussels are one of the 20 foods that make you happy! Anyone else drooling? Thank the editors of America’s Test Kitchen, because they’ve given us permission to reprint their delicious recipe right here!
Instant Pot Butter Chicken
You can also use your Instant Pot to make a delectable Indian butter chicken. The tomato-based sauce has a mild spice, and the chicken, which cooks in it, is really tender. Make some jasmine rice on the stovetop while you wait to complete the meal. Find the full recipe at Joanna Cismarus Jo Cooks.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Ribs In The Instant Pot
Healthy Freezer Meal Prep #1
- Tortilla chips
- INSTANT POT: Pressure cook on High from frozen for 30 minutes with Quick Release.
For cooking in Instant Pot, it is important to finish with tomatoes on top to avoid Burn.
- SLOW COOKER: Sauté onion, garlic, carrots and celery before freezing with other ingredients. Thaw in the fridge for 24 hours , then add to a large slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low.
- AFTER COOKING: Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks. Return to the pot.
This is a large meal, so if you are cooking in anything other than 8 quart Instant Pot then freeze in 2 bags or 2 containers. For 8 quart Instant Pot freeze the bag standing upright, then it fits and lid will close.
Instant Pot 30 mins, QR OR Slow Cooker Thaw 24 hrs. Low 8 hrs, High 4 hrs. After shred chicken.
Delivery Vs Grocery Store
Instant Pot kits can either be delivered to your door with some companies, or they can be found at the grocery store. If you are already going to be grocery shopping for something else, it is handy to be able to pick up a ready-to-cooked meal like the Tyson Instant Pot kits. However, if you dont have time for shopping, doorstep delivery is quite convenient. Consider which would be best for you when making your selection.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Pork Loin In Instant Pot
Healthy Freezer Meal Prep #4
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 12 oz any soft cheese, shredded
- 2 cups green or red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 17 large whole wheat tortillas
- TO COOK IN INSTANT POT: Add all Ingredients to Cook and Cook on High pressure for 20 minutes with Quick Release after.
- STOVETOP: This recipe is not meant for a slow cooker. For stovetop version, please check original recipe.
- AFTER COOKING: Shred chicken using 2 forks right in the pressure cooker and add remaining Ingredients to Finish .
- TO WRAP & FREEZE: Tear 17 sheets of aluminum foil. Place tortilla on top of foil, add 3/4 cup of filling below the center and near to the edge closer to you. Top with some shredded cabbage and cheese. Fold up the bottom to almost cover the filling, then fold up the edges, roll up tightly and then roll again in foil. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- TO REHEAT: Thaw overnight in the fridge. Bake at 450 F degrees for 20-25 minutes or broil for 10-15 minutes. You can also warm burritos up in a microwave without tin foil 2-5 minutes.
Bake at 450 F 20-25 mins, broil for 10-15 mins, microwave no foil 2-5 mins.
Tyson’s New Meal Kits For The Instant Pot Make Dinner Easier Than Ever
Anyone with a job and/or a finite amount of spare time knows that cooking dinner on a consistent basis is difficult. Between scrolling through the novel of text that precedes an online recipe, shopping for ingredients, and actually making the damn thing, the process of feeding yourself like an adult can be quite draining. If only there was a way to just grab one thing, throw it in a pot, and be done with the thing.
As a matter of fact, there is. Because Tyson and Instant Pot have collaborated on a series of simple meal kits designed to take you from zero to a full meal of chicken and rice in 20 minutes.
So far, the meal kits are available in three distinct flavors: Hatch Green Chile Chicken Casserole, Cajun Style Chicken and Rice, and Teriyaki Chicken and Rice. As you mightve gathered, each kit comes with the requisite supply of chicken, rice, and a prepackaged sauce that provides the entirety of the flavor.
Sure, it wont be as *zesty* as if you got ingredients from a farmers market, but its a fair tradeoff to get what a press release says is a hearty three to fair servings of food by just dropping three things into an instant pot.
For Tyson and Instant Pot, the inspiration for this collaboration is obvious: going after the lucrative meal kit market that generated an estimated $3.1 billion of sales in 2018.
Read Also: What Is High On Instant Pot
Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole
Who doesnt love a good breakfast casserole for a quick dinner?
This recipe truly is a dump and go dinner, just mix up your ingredients and place in the pot. The great thing about this recipe is that it is perfect for using up leftover ingredients, like veggies, meats, and cheeses.
You can also freeze any leftovers for quick grab and go meals for the future.
Instant Pot Recipes Made From Pantry Staples
As an Amazon affiliate, and affiliate with other businesses, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If youre staying in, use our essential pantry shopping list to make these delicious pressure cooker / Instant Pot recipes made from pantry staples, canned goods, and a few freezer basics.
You might be surprised by how many unique, tasty dishes you can whip up with the pantry staples you already have on hand.
Ive rounded up our most popular meals made mostly with non-perishable ingredients you likely have in your kitchen.
Save yourself the time, money, and hassle of grocery shopping while enjoying delicious meals!
This round up of 25 Instant Pot Recipes Made from Pantry Staples relies heavily on pantry items. However, many of these recipes also call for a few common refrigerated or frozen items that you likely already have at home as well.
Pin for later
Also Check: How To Close An Instant Pot
Instant Pot Green Chile Pork Carnitas
These tender and juicy Green Chile Pork Carnitas taste like you spent hours slaving away in the kitchen, but they really only take minutes to make in your pressure cooker!
This recipe makes a wonderfully large amount of sauce, so feel free to cook a slightly bigger pork roast and freeze both the meat and sauce.
Or freeze just the extra sauce and use it later with other protein options like shredded beef or chicken. It also makes a terrific sauce for pouring over enchiladas or dipping quesadillas in!
Spaghetti With Meat Sauce
The best part about spaghetti is that it’s almost sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. This variation is creamy, versatile, and ready in 15 minutes. You can choose your favorite jarred pasta sauce, swap ground beef for turkey or tofu, and use whole-grain pasta in place of the enriched white stuff. One of the coolest things about the Instant Pot is that it can cook all the ingredients simultaneously, and this dish is no different. Gone are the days of cooking pasta, sauce, and meat in separate pots and pans. Just throw all the ingredients in one place and press the start button, and you’re mere minutes away from dinner time.
Get the recipe from The Cozy Cook.
Recommended Reading: How To Saute Instant Pot
Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
With just three ingredients and less than 10 minutes of prep time, this sweet and savory Hawaiian chicken will become a favorite to make. Another dish that you can easily pair with rice or noodles for a quick and easy dinner.
Pro Tip for quick dinner prep. You can make batches of rice or other grains in advance in your Instant Pot and freeze them into serving portions to use with your dinners.
Ground Turkey Pasta Bake
INGREDIENTS TO ASSEMBLE AND FREEZE:
- 1 lb ground turkey, extra lean
- 3 cups whole wheat penne/fusilli pasta, uncooked
- 4 5 cups kale stems, removed & chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried
- 2 cups 6 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded & divided
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Cooking spray
- TO ASSEMBLE: Cook pasta in a pot. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Saute oregano, rosemary, basil, pinch of red pepper flakes, salt and pepper for 30 seconds, stirring a few times. Add ground turkey and cook for another 5-7 minutes, breaking meat into pieces and stirring occasionally. Add tomato sauce, honey, balsamic vinegar and pasta water. Stir, bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Add kale and stir to combine. Now add cooked pasta and stir to combine more.
- TO WRAP & FREEZE: Transfer half of the mixture in previously prepared baking dish and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Add remaining pasta meat mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Wrap tightly with plastic and aluminum foil on top.
- TO COOK: When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and warm up on a counter for 30 minutes to prevent dish from shattering in the oven. Bake from frozen in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes.
Counter 30 mins, bake frozen at 350 F 40 mins.
You May Like: Which Instant Pot Should I Buy