How To Cook Shrimp In Instant Pot
If using frozen shrimp, rinse in water to remove the ice glaze.
Add shrimp in the instant pot then add in onions, garlic, ginger, bell peppers and all other ingredients except cornflour.
Cover instant pot with it’s lid and set vent into sealing position. Set instant pot to manual pressure cook high for 0 minute. After this time, do a quick pressure release.
Once instant pot is depressurised, open the lid. Set instant pot to saute mode then add cornflour slurry into the pot.
Stir till sauce thickens then switch off instant pot.
Delicious instant pot seafood dinner is ready.
Is It Bad To Eat The Black Vein In Shrimp
It wont hurt you. It is just their digestive tract and doesnt look very appetizing so most people choose to remove it. Many times you can buy them already deveined too to make things easier.
From the South or just love a good seafood boil? Us too!! Of course you can cook everything separately but a one pot meal is the ticket when youre a busy family.
This is probably my favorite Old Bay recipe of all time. Using petite potatoes, corn, sliced onions are great and your shrimp you can make this amazing dish.
I mean look at this shrimp boil yall! You can amp up the spice if you want heat or leave it mild like we do. Melt some butter with garlic mixed in and OH MY youre gonna want to make this weekly.
How do you steam shrimp in Instant Pot?
Youll need a vegetable steamer basket and some water. I like using jumbo tail on because they cook so fast. I dont like them overcooked so bigger is better. 0 minutes high pressure is all you need!
Can you immediately cook frozen shrimp?
You betcha! If you use your pressure cooker it is possible and comes out better than you might imagine. In about 8 minutes start to finish theyll be perfectly pink and tender.
These are all quick and easy recipes. If you want super easy and gluten free just skip the carbs and steam with salt and pepper with a squeeze of lemon juice. That is great with just some quinoa.
Want to add angel hair pasta though? Try our Instant Pot shrimp alfredo recipe with 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese on top!
Steaming Veggies With The Saute Function
What Types Of Shrimp To Use In Instant Pot:
Extra Large Shrimp: We used 26/30 Shrimp to craft this recipe. These are considered extra-large shrimp for this recipe.
- The number 26/30 tells you the size of the shrimp. It means there are roughly 26 to 30 shrimp per pound.
- You can use larger or smaller shrimp for this recipe. Be sure to adjust the cooking time according to the size of your shrimp.
Frozen vs Thawed Shrimp: For the best result, use thawed shrimp for this Instant Pot Shrimp recipe. Its super easy to thaw frozen shrimp under cold tap water in 5 to 10 minutes.
Dump Ingredients & Pressure Cook
- Dump ingredients: Add the frozen shrimp directly from the freezer into the steel insert of the instant pot. Pour the homemade stir fry sauce, add the ginger & garlic, pour water. DO NOT stir or mix.
- Pressure cook: Secure the lid and pressure cook on high for just Zero minute. Yes, you can adjust the cook time to zero. This is the time required to build up the pressure. After a quick release open the pot & CANCEL the pressure cook option.
Recommended Reading: How To Boil Eggs In An Instant Pot
Ingredients Needed For Shrimp Boil
Heres the basic list of the ingredients youll need in order to make this recipe. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
- Baby Red Potatoes can use baby gold or a mix of the two
- Andouille Sausage try different flavors like cajun, smoked, turkey, etc.
- Sweet Corn fresh is best, but frozen can also be used
- Onion you can use pearl onions or roughly chopped onion
- Shrimp use frozen large shrimp. If using smaller size, you will decrease the cook time.
- Lemon Wedges
Pressure Cooker Shrimp Paella
The great thing about this recipe is that you dont even have to defrost the shrimp. To avoid shrimp from getting rubbery is short cooking time and using jumbo frozen shrimp with shell on. This will ensure your shrimp is perfectly cooked. To get this meal on the table even faster, prep your ingredients ahead of time by chopping the onions, peppers, and garlic. Recipe from My Forking Life.
Also Check: How To Cook Steel Cut Oats In The Instant Pot
Worlds Easiest Instant Pot Frozen Shrimp
First things first, I need everyone to drop everything they are doing and focus on only this for the next ten minutes, because it is absolutely mandatory that you understand the magic of this shrimp. This is my favorite new recipe, and I have made it twice within one week !
It. Is. Revolutionary. Reasons:
- It no joke takes less than 5 minutes of prep
- It only has a 2 minute cook time
- It is THE yummiest shrimp Ive ever had
The prep: you throw a bag of large, shell on frozen shrimp into the Instant Pot. You add water, lemon juice, and Old Bay. Stir it up. Turn on the Instant Pot. Done! Thats all there is to it, and it is quite possibly the easiest recipe Ive ever made, but it is so. good. I. could. die.
The flavor of the Old Bay and lemon juice cooks into the shrimp, and by the end of the 2 minute high pressure cook time, the shrimp have not only thawed, but are cooked to tender perfection no overcooked, rubbery shrimp here. Just perfect, moist shrimp with that delicious poppy bite.
I dont know if your grocery store has this, but my grocery store has something called EZ Peel Shrimp. So what that looks like is a shrimp that is sliced down the back and de-veined, but the rest of the peel is left on. Meaning you still get the flavor of the shell cooking into the shrimp and broth, but you have none of the peeling and de-veining work.
How To Make Cajun Shrimp In The Instant Pot
What youll need:
- Shrimp. You can either use fresh or frozen, but I highly recommend thawing frozen shrimp before using it.
- Bell peppers. I prefer red and yellow bell peppers as theyre sweeter, while green bell peppers are a bit bitter in taste.
- Cajun seasoning, or jerk seasoning, or your favorite seasoning. If cooking for children, I recommend going with milder seasoning such as smoked paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Chili flakes , but this is optional.
- Oil, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Vegetable stock .
If using frozen shrimp, I recommend that you thaw it first. Dice the onion finely, mince the garlic, and dice up the bell peppers.
- On the Instant Pot, press on SAUTE and let it heat up for a minute. Add oil to the pot, and saute the onion until its soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook until its fragrant. Switch off the saute setting and deglaze the pot with a little bit of water.
- Add the diced bell peppers, followed by the shrimp, cajun seasoning, chili flakes, stock, and salt. Give everything a good mix.
- Secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 0 minutes at LOW pressure. The Instant Pot will come to pressure and stop cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam.
- Carefully open the lid, and serve warm over rice.
You will end up with lots of sauce, the shrimp will release a lot of liquid and you can either serve it with the rice, or discard it.
You May Like: How To Unlock Instant Pot
Does The Alcohol Cook
When you are cooking with alcohol using a Pressure Cooker or slow cooker, the alcohol wont evaporate as when you were cooking on the stove-top. In this case, the alcohol is sealed, and only a portion of it will evaporate into steam. Therefore, the dish should only be served to adults. Alternatively, to remove more of the alcohol, after pressure cooking, select saute and simmer the dish for a few more minutes. As a result, the alcohol will evaporate.
Can I Steam Shrimp Ahead Of Time
Yes, absolutely! Steamed shrimp are good hot or cold. They will last in the refrigerator for about 3 days after steaming.
Steamed shrimp is a great party food and you can steam several pounds at a time in the Ninja Foodi, refrigerate them and then serve them within 3 days.
If you want to steam more than 1 pound of shrimp in the Ninja Foodi, I would not increase the steaming time, but I would toss the shrimp around after they are steamed and if you see any shrimp that didn’t steam, close the lid and let the heat in the pot finish steaming them.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
What Goes With Shrimp Boil:
- Beans: Many types of beans will go well with this recipe, refried beans, baked or simply cooked black or pinto beans.
- Salad: Alternatively, this recipe pairs well with so many fresh salads, just pick your favorite.
- Grains: Another option is to serve it with a grain on the side, like rice, quinoa, or tabbouleh.
- Potatoes: Also, combine it with potatoes in any form, baked, grilled, boiled, or roasted.
- Cornbread: This one is a must, also, corn muffins would make a great side dish,
- Coleslaw: Also, add some creamy coleslaw or a classic cabbage salad on the side.
See below a few more side dishes you can pair with this easy meal:
Mccormick Old Bay On Amazon
The other common Maryland seasoning is called J.O. seasoning and many Marylanders prefer this over Old Bay. Personally, I’ve tried both and I have stuck with Old Bay.
J.O. has two different seasoning blends called J.O. #1 and J.O. #2. I can’t remember which one I’ve tried and, more than likely, I have had both. One of the things I noticed about J.O. seasonings versus Old Bay is J.O.’s is a little saltier to me.
I read up on it a bit and one Amazon reviewer said that the J.O. #2 seasoning which is labeled as a crab seasoning is saltier. For this reason, I suggest picking up the J.O’s #1 Seafood Seasoning blend if you want to try that on your steamed shrimp.
While, you probably can’t find J.O’s in many stores outside of Maryland, thanks to the good old internet, you can order in on Amazon. It is more expensive than Old Bay, so if you haven’t tried either, I’d opt for Old Bay to start.
Read Also: Venison Roast Ideas
Thicken Sauce Add Broccoli & Serve
- Thicken sauce: Now, hit back SAUTE & set it on low heat. Pour the corn starch slurry, stir to mix everything well in the pot. Simmer for 1 min to thicken the sauce to your desired consistency. Turn off the instant pot.
- Serve immediately: Add the blanched or steamed broccoli florets or thawed frozen broccoli florets. Stir to combine with the sauce. Serve immediately or otherwise the broccoli florets would over cook with the residual heat.
Instant Pot Frozen Shrimp
Instant Pot Frozen Shrimp. How to instant pot frozen shrimp for beginners. Let me show you my quick way for steaming shrimp in the instant pot pressure cooker. Seasoned, dump and start recipe that is ideal for shrimp salads, shrimp cocktails, potlucks, meal prep and so much more.
Also Check: How To Steam Kale In Instant Pot
Loading Your Steam Basket
Soy Sauce: Why 2 Teaspoons To 1 Tablespoon Of Regular Soy Sauce
We provided a range of 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon of Regular Soy Sauce because the best amount to use varies depending on your bottle of soy sauce. Every batch of soy sauce can vary in flavor, aroma, texture, & thickness. So its best to taste & adjust according to the saltiness of your bottle of soy sauce.
Taste one of the shrimp to make sure its seasoned & cooked properly.
*Pro Tip: To avoid overcooking the shrimp, quickly pour them on a serving plate.
Finally, garnish the garlic butter shrimp with finely chopped Italian parsley.
Also Check: Venison Stew Pressure Cooker
Set Up Your Flavor Profile
Weve got everything you need to up your kitchen game – plus, special offers and discounts just for you!
Are you out of McCormick ?
Set up your Flavor Profile or to:
- Add this spice to “My Spices”
- Create a more personalized experience
- Manage your spices in Flavor Profile
Sign up to save your favorite flavors.
Sign up to save your favorite flavors.
DON’T HAVE AN ACCOUNT?
Already have an account?
Already have an account?
Because we are constantly improving our products, we encourage you to read the ingredient statement on our packages at the time of your purchase.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Should I Buy Fresh Or Frozen Shrimp
Unless you live in an area that has a seafood market that gets the shrimp right off the boat, always buy frozen shrimp.
Most of the shrimp you find thawed in grocery stores is previously frozen and you really have no way of knowing how long it’s been thawed. I always buy frozen shrimp unless I’m at a trusted grocery store or seafood market and I’m going to cook it as soon as I get home.
Shrimp has a very short shelf life once thawed, even when kept in the refrigerator, so it is best practice to buy frozen, in my opinion. Even if your grocery store only has the size shrimp that you want thawed behind the counter, if you ask them if they have a bag frozen, they usually do.
Also Check: Burnt Instant Pot
Shrimp Recipes Instant Pot
If you love bold flavors you can try the following meals like:
- Shrimp paella with rice and chicken broth used as the liquid.
- This shrimp curry sounds amazing too if you love those wild flavors.
- You can make Instant Pot shrimp fried rice using our recipe. Just follow directions and add mini thawed shrimp at the end. Put lid on so they can steam a bit until theyre warmed and serve.
And I love cooking multiple things at the same time like broccoli and shrimp together!
You could try this Instant Pot stir fry too and add some frozen peeled tail off shrimp instead of chicken. Easy swap out.
Want to try something new after youve enjoyed these?? We have a bunch of other ideas that come from the sea like:
Tender and delicious you can make Instant Pot fish with vegetables at the same time too. Its a great healthy duo even my kids love.
Have something else you make with these pink babies that we should try? Let us know below so we can give it a whirl this week. If its a success I will link it here.
Want to see a few of my favorite things you might want to write on your Christmas list this year??!! Take a peek and see how many you might already havetwinsies!