Stove Top Matar Paneer
The same recipe can be followed on stove top or a traditional pressure cooker too.
There are two important steps.First one is to boil the onion-tomato masala, which can be done with 2 whistles in a traditional pressure cooker or 20 minutes covered in a pot.
Second step is cooking the peas and paneer.Just add them and boil the curry once.It will do the trick.
How To Make Shahi Paneer In Instant Pot : Step By Step Instructions
Here is just a gist of the steps involved in the recipe you can find the measurements in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 – Prepare the ingredients. If making paneer at home, check out our homemade paneer recipe. Wash, peel and cut the tomatoes and onions into halves. Peel the ginger and garlic. Cut the paneer or tofu into cubes. Keep the spices ready.Soak cashews for 30 minutes in milk or water.
Recipe For Matar Paneer
Sharing is caring!
I am apologizing to Paneer whenever I cook with it these past few years, for not loving it before. Yeah, Paneer wasnt my favorite about a decade back, but now, I cant get enough of it. It could be acquired taste or mostly because my family loves it and cooking with it frequently kinda made me think I might as well eat it, lol.
Anyway, homemade paneer or store-bought paneer has a permanent spot in our fridge these days Paneer and mushroom to be precise. Because our little one loves them both and these amazing protein sources are too tasty to cook once in a blue moon.
So, coming to this curry, it is a family favorite and I especially love it, from the time I got this recipe from a chef. My husband had this small restaurant a couple of years back and we have dissolved it since then, but those were good times. I managed to learn and master a couple of restaurant favorite Indian dishes. One of those is this recipe for Matar paneer, I just had to learn it once I tasted it.
Paneer Tikka Naan Pizza
Paneer Tikka Naan Pizza- a super flavorful Indian style vegetarian pizza made using paneer, spices, cheese and homemade naan.
This pizza is perfect for a date night or whenever the pizza craving kicks in!
Can we ever get tired of pizza? I dont think so!
We order in pizza very often, especially as the weekend gets closer, my pizza cravings really start to kick in.
At this point, I can be pretty sure that I have tried pizza from all popular pizza places around Seattle .
Few weeks back, as usual I was craving pizza and I had some homemade naan handy so I used those to make this Paneer Tikka Naan Pizza, a vegetarian pizza inspired by Indian flavors.
If you have paneer, a bottle of marinara sauce and naan ready to go then you can make this pizza in no time.
The paneer cubes are first marinated with yogurt and spices and then placed on naan and baked with some cheese.
I tried this naanpizza in 2 ways while testing the recipe-
1) I straight away added the marinated paneer cubes on the naan and baked it with cheese.
2) For the second method, I first cooked the paneer tikka cubes in a pan with little oil until they were slightly browned and then used it as a topping on the naan.
My verdict- I preferred the first version more where you place the marinated cubes directly on naan and bake.
First of all, theres no additional step of cooking the paneer and then the marinating spices and yogurt add to the flavor of the sauce and make it much more flavorful.
The Best Instant Pot Palak Paneer Recipe Ever
Palak paneer is actually one of my favorite foods and I make it all the time. The traditional method is a little time-consuming. So nowadays in my busy life I chose to make it quickly using instant pot.
This instant pot palak paneer recipe is super easy. Its a total breeze, so this will become your new favorite too.
This gets ready in 15-20 minutes and makes a quick weeknight meal. If I dont have much time then I serve with rice. And if I have some more time to cook then I make paratha to go with it.
Also Check: Can You Put Instant Pot In Dishwasher
Tips And Tricks For Making Instant Pot Paneer At Home
Here are some easy but important tips for all of us who want to make cheese in the Instant Pot.
- DO NOT USE UHT MILK. DO NOT USE MILK WITH CARRAGEENAN ADDED. Yes I know I’m yelling, but I cannot emphasize this enough. Your milk will just not separate as it should. At all. I
- Please do not use skim or 2% milk. Use either whole milk, half and half, or cream. I use half and half and it is a good in-between from regular doodh paneer and malai paneer.
- If you open up the Instant pot and your paneer hasn’t separated, your milk had some kind of personal issues. In this case, try putting the pot on Sauté and cooking it some more. You may need to add some more vinegar in this case.
- If your paneer is crumbly, it’s a sign you didn’t press it either long enough, or with a heavy enough weight. If in doubt, place 2-3 cans on top of it so it compresses down beautifully.
- If your pressure cooker does not have a low-pressure setting, cook on high pressure for 2 minutes.
- This paneer is great with the leftover butter chicken sauce.
- Here’s that link once again to the that I used to make Paneer.
? Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! Just click on the stars in the recipe card to rate.
Is Paneer Makhani The Same As Paneer Tikka Masala
This is the most common question I get from readers. These two terms are often used interchangeably due to their similar appearance. However, there are a couple of subtle differences.
Although both dishes are made with a tomato and butter-based gravy, paneer tikka masala tends to be slightly spicier and utilizes onion with the aromatics. In some recipes, the paneer is also marinated, cooked on skewers in a tandoor, then added into the gravy.
Paneer butter masala, on the other hand, is sweeter and creamier, does not include onion, and the paneer is usually raw when it’s added into the gravy.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Pork Ribs In Instant Pot
Easy Instant Pot Palak Paneer Saag Paneer Recipe
PALAK PANEER or SAAG PANEER is the most loved curry in America. And most of the Indian Restaurants offer this dish on their menu.
Now you have to believe me that this is one of the easiest curries to make. And Instant Pot makes it completely effortless and easy to make.
To tell you the truth, this dish is on a bi-monthly menu in our home. And I am wondering that since I make it often, why havent I published it yet.
It is such a simple recipe that I make it even on a very busy day. It is healthy, nutritious and so good. I serve it with roti or naan.
How To Make Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Palak Paneer Step By Step
SAUTETo make Spinach Paneer/ Palak Paneer in Instant Pot, Press SAUTE and Heat oil. Once its hot, add cumin seeds and allow it sizzle.
Next add onion, green chilli, ginger, garlic and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
At this stage, add water and deglaze the pot. This step is necessary, if your Instant Pot throws a BURN sign often. So do not skip the deglazing step.
Add chopped tomatoes and spice powders and stir. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
PRESSURE COOK Add the spinach leaves, season with salt and 1/2 cup of water. Press CANCEL .Secure the lid and pressure cook for ZERO MINUTES HIGH PRESSURE. QUICK RELEASE the pressure.
BLEND Open the lid immediately. Use Immersion blender to blend the ingredients to a smooth creamy texture. Squeeze lemon juice!
Add Paneer and sprinkle Garam masala, cream and kasuri methi. Allow the Paneer to settle in the spinach mixture for at least 5 minutes before serving.
SERVE Prepare seasoning on a separate pan on the stove top. Heat oil and add cumin seeds. Allow the cumin seeds to crackle. Add the seasoning to the Instant Pot Palak Paneer and serve hot. This step is optional but we this additional seasoning enhances the flavors.
Recommended Reading: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Instant Pot Matar Paneer
Instant Pot Matar Paneer Indian Instant Pot Vegetarian Curry made with firm cottage cheese aka paneer and green peas.
This is a classic Indian dish, usually made on special occasions or when you want to put in special effort for someone.The traditional way of making is a tad long but the instant pot version is super fast and efficient.
if you want, you can replace the firm cottage cheese with tofu and call is Instant Pot Tofu Matar.its healthier, vegan and higher in protein too!
What Is Paneer Made Of
Paneer can be made at home with only 2 ingredients – milk and vinegar. Lime juice can also be used instead of vinegar.
I prefer using vinegar over lime juice . Lime juice may introduce a few of its fiber which may be difficult to rinse off. So I try to keep it simple and use vinegar.
It is best to use pasteurized full cream milk to get a good yield of paneer. Ultra-pasteurized milk does not work well for making paneer.
You May Like: Can You Put The Instant Pot Lid In The Dishwasher
How To Make Instant Pot Palak Paneer
Gather all the ingredients.
Add butter to the Instant Pot and cumin powder.
Set the pot to High Pressure for 5 minutes.
Now add chopped onions, garlic, ginger, and red bell pepper.
Mix well and then add chopped tomato and spices.
Add some water so the mixture doesnt get burnt.
Add spinach to the pot and set it to High Pressure for 2 minutes.
Do a Natural Release afterward.
Take the cooked mixture and blend it completely.
Add Tofu as a substitute for Paneer .
Dish out & serve as you wish
How To Make Instant Pot Paneer Butter Masala
The preparation for this paneer butter masala is very different than the usual onion-tomato gravy. Usually to make gravy, we first sauté onions and then sauté tomatoes. However this one is done in a completely different way.
Add all the ingredients, except paneer, cream and honey in the instant pot and pressure cook for 8 minutes. You don’t need to finely chop the onions and tomatoes, as we are going to blend them later. This is also the reason, I suggest to add the whole spices in a pouch made from thin cheesecloth or a spice bag. This helps to get the flavor, but you can also remove it before blending.
Then blend the cooked ingredients using an immersion blender or in a regular blender. I used my immersion blender, which I could use directly in the pot. If using a regular blender, you would have to pour the contents into the blender and may need to let them cool before blending. Then pour them back to the instant pot after blending. The gravy is now ready. Add cream, honey and paneer chunks. Stir and let the curry rest for 5 minutes.
Isn’t it a lovely color? And the most easy dish to prepare? This is my go to dish when I have not done much preparation…and oh, perfect to serve if you have guests coming over.
Don’t forget to check out my post on 23 Best Instant Pot Indian Recipes.
Read Also: How To Reheat Tamales In Instant Pot
About This Matar Paneer Recipe
This simple homemade matar paneer is a family recipe spiced to perfection and cooked with green peas , and paneer which is Indian cottage cheese. It is also known as matar paneer ki sabji in Hindi.
It is a tasty Indian dish that I make often, as matar paneer also known as mattar or mutter paneer is one of the most popular dishes from the North Indian cuisine.
I have been making this recipe for YEARS. I originally learned how to make it at my in-laws home a classic Punjabi recipe that was simple, easy, and absolutely fuss-free!
All of that being said, this family recipe is not a restaurant-style matar paneer. It tastes absolutely delicious, but is much simpler and lends more of a homey, comforting feel.
I share three ways of making this dish Stove-top pressure cooker , in the Instant Pot and in a pan or skillet on the stove-top .
How To Make Instant Pot Palak Paneer :
1). Turn on the sauté mode of IP. Add oil and once it gets hot add onions. Cook till onion starts to soften and becomes light pink or translucent in color.
2) Add ginger, garlic and green chilies. Mix and cook for a couple of minutes or till the raw smell of ginger garlic go away.
3) Now add tomatoes and cashews.
4) Cook for 2 minutes or till tomato gets soften.
5) Add ½ cup of water and salt, mix.
6) Also, add spinach.
7) Cover with the lid and cancel the sauté mode, keep valve to sealing position. Cook on manual for 0 minutes. Then do QPR, once pin drops open the lid.
8) Now add remaining 1 cup of water and using a hand blender, make a smooth puree. Or you can use a regular
9) Turn the sauté mode back ON. Add garam masala, kasoori methi, and heavy whipping cream.
10) Mix well.
12) Stir gently and simmer for 2 minutes.
Remove it to a serving bowl. Garnish with more drizzle of cream and serve.
Serving suggestion: Serve with garlic naan or jeera rice.
Also Check: Instant Pot Artichokes Upside Down
What Can Be Made From Paneer
You can use this homemade paneer in the following recipes:
- Paneer Kathi Roll : In this 30-minute recipe, marinated paneer is cooked with vegetables, then stuffed inside a crisp paratha or tortilla!
- Paneer Tikka: Tandoori-spiced crisp paneer and crunchy veggies with a zing, prepared in the Air Fryer, Oven or Grill.
- Achari Paneer Biryani in Instant Pot: This biryani recipe features nutty basmati rice and soft paneer cooked with Indian pickling spices.
- Matar Paneer Recipe: A popular ‘everyday’ curry in North Indian cuisine.
- Chilli Paneer : Paneer cubes pan-fried to crispy perfection, then stir-fried with onions, peppers, whole red chiles and a lip-smacking sauce.
- Paneer Naan Pizza: This colorful fusion pizza is topped with yogurt-marinated paneer and fresh veggies.
- Palak Paneer / Saag Paneer: Popular north-Indian curry made by simmering soft paneer cubes, in a flavorful spinach gravy.
- 15-Minute Kadai Paneer: A delicious semi-dry curry made with paneer, peppers & onions.
- Paneer Butter Masala in Instant Pot â¢ Paneer Makhani: An easy Instant Pot recipe for a popular Indian vegetarian delicacy.
- Paneer Tikka Masala in Instant Pot: Tender pieces of paneer simmered in a tomato-onion gravy and finished with a splash of heavy cream.
â Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating below! For more quick & easy recipes, FOLLOW ME on , and .
Saag Paneer Vs Palak Paneer:
So, what exactly is the difference between Saag Paneer and Palak Paneer? While both dishes are made with spinach, Saag Paneer can be made with spinach, mustard leaves, or really any mixture of greens. Palak Paneer is just strictly made with spinach. If youre looking for a way to remember the difference, just think of this: Palak translates to spinach in Hindi.
Another main difference between Saag Paneer and Palak Paneer is the spices that are used. Saag relies heavily on the use of garam masala whereas Palak Paneer tends to have more coriander. Another small difference is that yogurt is sometimes substituted in Palak Paneer, while Saag Paneer typically only uses cream. This can lead to a difference in texture and a slight difference in taste as well.
Read Also: How To Defrost Ground Beef In Instant Pot
What Is The Difference Between Palak Paneer & Saag Paneer
Saag means pureed greens like the mustard leaf, kale, fenugreek, and bathua which is then tempered with garlic, dry red chili, and some more spices.
In Indian saag sarson or mustard greens are used along with spinach and bathua leaves. Served with Makki ki roti, jaggery, a dollop of butter, and garlic tempering. you can check this amazing Punjabi sarson ka saag and Makki di roti recipe on the blog.
Both the recipes are quite similar in terms of cooking and ingredients.
The only difference is that in saag paneer, mustard greens or any other green leafy vegetables puree or a combination of them is used and in palak paneer, only spinach puree is used.
The rest of the cooking process is almost the same.
So What Is Matar Paneer
Its a curry made with paneer and peas.The sauce base is usually made with onions, tomatoes and spices.In some cases khoya or khoa, which is reduced milk solids, is added.This is especially done for bigger events and celebrations.
This version though, is a Quick and Efficient and with minimal ingredients.
There are a lot of optional ingredients which you can omit to make a no frill version of this matar paneer.