By Step Photos Of Instant Pot Buttered Cabbage
Add your chicken broth, butter, to the Instant Pot. Then add your cabbage on the top. Cover your Instant Pot and make sure your valve is set to Sealing Press Pressure Cook and adjust timer to 6 minutes by using the + or – buttons. Make sure its set to High Pressure. When timer goes off, press Cancel and carefully switch the valve from sealing to venting Some people use a spoon or dish towel to avoid the steam. Once all the pressure is released, open the Instant Pot and season the cabbage with salt and pepper. Stir and serve with a slotted spoon.
Sharing is caring!
For Whole & Halved Brussels Sprouts:
- Wash your brussels sprouts first. You can choose now to halve them or keep them whole. Halving them will work better if you want a more authentic roasted end result.
- Place a steaming rack or the trivet into the pot along with one cup of water. Then, place the brussels sprouts into it.
- Cook the sprouts on HIGH for 1 minute and follow up with a quick release of pressure. The 1-minute cooking window is better for halved sprouts or small sprouts. Cook for 2 minutes if you have large, whole sprouts.
- Once the sprouts are softened, you can set them aside. Pour out the water you used to cook with.
- Set the pot to saute mode and add 1-2 tbsp. of coconut oil, olive oil or butter . A high smoke point is ideal. Now, add the sprouts back in. You can add a little garlic, lemon or herbs
- Saute until crispy with desired spices and serve.
Do I Use The Corned Beef Seasoning Packet
The key is to use the seasoning packet that may come with your cut of brisket.
If your brisket didnt come with a spice packet, choose a flavorful blend of pickling spices. McCormick makes a great all-around pickling spice blend that you can find at most grocery stores.
Or you can make your own seasoning with this recipe. You may already have all of the spices on hand!
You May Like: Bob’s Red Mill Steel Cut Oats Instant Pot
What Is Corned Beef
Corned beef is a brisket that has been brined and cured. It typically is sold with a pickling mixture made from mustard seeds, peppercorns, dill, allspice, cloves, and a few other spices. It is earthy, tangy, and flavors the cured brisket perfectly.
You can purchase corned beef year-round, but they are much easier to find around St. Patrick’s Day, as Corned Beef is a classic St. Patrick’s Day meal–especially when served with potatoes, carrots, and cabbage.
Why Youmust Make This Ethiopian Cabbage And Potatoes
- Family-friendly. So, If you want to ease your family into international foods, this is a great way to start. This vibrant yellow and orange dish is an easy, approachable meal for all to enjoy.
- Mild. If you have a picky family, its very mildly spiced, making it perfect for the whole family.
- Veggies. You can always feed the cabbage haters just the potatoes and carrots from this dish. I like to serve this with an Indian naan because a little fusion cooking never hurt anyone.
- Instant Pot. Outside of that, this is one of those vegetarian comfort foods you’ll crave. It’s so easy to throw together and doesn’t have any out of the ordinary spices or ingredients. The Instant Pot takes all the hard work out of this dish too.
Don’t Miss: Opening Instant Pot Under Pressure
Why The Instant Pot Is Best
This Irish girl was raised on Corned Beef and Cabbage, as it was one of my mom’s favorite meals. It reminded her of her childhood and of her family that came to America straight from Ireland.
I share my mom’s love of Corned Beef and Cabbage, but I have found a better way to prepare this Irish meal–the Instant Pot.
Not only is the process faster in the Instant Pot, but the corned beef also becomes more tender and flavorful than when cooked on the stove or in the slow cooker, which is the traditional method.
I will NEVER make Corned Beef and Cabbage any other way!
For Whole Instant Pot Steamed Green Beans:
- Break off the stringy ends or trim your beans. Then, clean the green beans.
- Add the trivet or your steamer basket to the inner pot as well as a cup of water.
- Steam on high pressure for 2 minutes and follow up with a quick release for more tender beans. If you like softer beans, you can let the pot naturally release for 3-5 minutes before turning the valve.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Pre Cooked Ribs In Instant Pot
For Instant Pot Chunked Celery:
- From fresh: Cook on high pressure for 2-3 minutes before performing a quick release.
- From frozen: Cook on high pressure for 3-4 minutes before performing a quick release.
We hope that you found this Instant Pot 101 guide helpful. Make sure to bookmark it for later for all of your vegetable cooking needs! If you enjoyed it, wed love if you spread the word and share this article.
Instant Pot Corned Beef With Cabbage Carrots And Buttered Potatoes
Thank you to Idaho® Potatoes for sponsoring this Instant Pot Corned Beef recipe! As always, all opinions are my own.
This Instant Pot Corned Beef with Cabbage, Carrots, and Buttered Potatoes is the perfect festive meal for the holiday. All of the ingredients cook in the pressure cooker, and it cuts the cooking time in half!
I had this for dinner last night, and its all I can do right now to not go straight to the fridge for leftovers . Its absolutely DELICIOUS.
The Instant Pot corned beef is perfectly cooked to a wonderful, fall-apart, tender texture. The vegetables cook separately from the beef in the cooking liquid, which seasons them perfectly. And the POTATOES. They are smothered in plenty of salted Irish butter and mixed with a generous amount of fresh chopped parsley. They are, I think, the star of this meal- I could eat them with every meal of every day.
To be honest, Ive always been kind of put off by the name corned beef, even though its one of my favorite things to eat ever. Its a beef brisket that has been cured with salt, and actually doesnt involve corn at all. In the UK, its traditionally cured with large grain rock salt, also called corns .
Because the beef has already been cured with salt, this is one of the few recipes to which you dont have to add ANY extra salt. Corned beef also usually comes with a seasoning packet, so its especially easy to prep.
Read Also: Frozen Steak Instant Pot Recipe
The Best Instant Pot Ham And Cabbage Dinner
Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage Dinner is so easy to make. Ham, cabbage, potatoes, celery, and carrots all cooked with butter and chicken broth. You are going to love it. Boiled Dinner.
Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage Dinner
Growing up in my parent’s house anytime we had a ham dinner. boiled dinner as it was called would follow. I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again, no one could make food stretch the way my mother could. My parents had 7 kids and my father made very little money for a family that size. However, we never went hungry.
Both of my parents were excellent cooks and great at making big pots of things that went a long way. I have shared a few –Easy Shepherds Pie, although she didn’t make it in an instant pot, INSTANT POT CHILI is basically her recipe. Of course, I bragged on her Moms Classic Macaroni Salad With Egg. Ham and cabbage usually came after having ham on Christmas or Easter.
Making Ham and Cabbage Dinner is pretty easy whether you put it in an instant pot pressure cooker as I did, or throw it all in a stockpot on the stove. As easy as it is to make and as much as I love it, I haven’t served it much to my husband and kids. Seems none of them are fans of cooked cabbage. Yum, I love it with extra butter on the potatoes and some apple cider vinegar for a little bite .- Delicious in my opinion.
Does it Matter What Kind Of Ham I Use?– Absolutely not, I’m sure it would be great with any that you choose. However, personally, I think the more fat the better.
How Do You Make Homemade Instant Pot Potato And Cabbage Soup
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Frozen Meat In Instant Pot
How To Make Ip Cabbage
It really is so easy!
Add broth, water and butter, and cut cabbage to Instant Pot.
Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Close lid and lock. Make sure valve is switched to sealing.
Select MANUAL mode for 7 minutes. Once cooked, switch valve to venting and manually or quickly release the pressure.
Once the float valve has dropped, carefully remove the lid.
Use a slotted spoon to remove the cabbage from the pot.
Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
You can cook on high pressure for 4-6 minutes. If you want the cabbage to be a little more crisp you can do only 3 minutes, but you can do 6 minutes if you want it a bit softer.
What kind of cabbage? You can use red or green cabbage, make sure to remove the core from the head before cooking.
What to season with: Season with dried herbs like thyme and oregano and use a flavorful bone broth. You can also season this with something as simple as seasoning salt and pepper.
- Onions: You can also saute onions before adding in the rest of your ingredients.
- Sausage: cooking sausage beforehand and then adding in your cabbage and broth is a great option to add some needed protein.
Instant Pot Rustic Irish Potato And Cabbage Soup
This Instant Pot Rustic Irish Potato and Cabbage Soup has humble ingredients and will deliver slow-simmered flavor with just a few minutes in the Instant Pot. Full of vegetables, its perfect for refueling after a long day.
If your family loves soup as much as mine, then youll want to check out my entire collection of Instant Pot Soup Recipes too!
There are few things as comforting as a hot bowl of soup on a chilly day. I really love this soup for winter because its full of winter-hearty vegetables. So often, its hard to track down quality produce during the colder months, but youll have no trouble finding the vegetables in here potatoes, carrots, and cabbage. The seasonings here are minimal, but they pack a big flavor punch.
The prep on this is quick you can chop your onion and garlic first and get them sautéing while you work on chopping the remaining vegetables and smoked sausage. No need to peel the potatoes! Leaving the peels on gives the soup a rustic feel, and helps speed up the prep time.
Once everything is chopped, youll set up the Instant Pot and let it do its magic. In just a few minutes, youll be diving into a delicious bowl of soup perfect for a busy night when you need something comforting!
The cider vinegar in the recipe is optional the broth will taste great both with or without it, but it does add a great depth of flavor to the dish if you choose to use it.
Don’t Miss: Food Burn Error Instant Pot
Instant Pot Corned Beef
One of the biggest benefits of the Instant Pot is that it can cook items that typically take all day in a fraction of the time.
Corned beef is the perfect example. What would take all day in the slow cooker now takes less than 2 hours to complete.
And best of all, it is simple to prepare.
Be sure to make some Irish Soda Bread to serve with dinner!
And in the off chance that you have any leftover corned beef, you have to make aReuben sandwich!
To receive our 3 Recipe Articles in your inbox each week, sign up for our free email list located on the side and bottom of each recipe. You can also follow us on and. This article may contain affiliate links where a small commission is paid if you purchase a product at no additional cost to you.
Instant Pot Acorn Squash
Acorn squash is similar to butternut squash, but its got an entirely different flavour. Its a bit nutty and a little less sweet, but it is delicious nonetheless. Its large cavity makes it fantastic for stuffing with sausage, meat, grains, and fall flavour infusions with dried fruits, fresh herbs, and more. Its also a healthy side dish. Personally, I love mine with a healthy spoonful of grass-fed butter and cinnamon.
Read Also: How To Cook Kale In Instant Pot
Tips For The Best Instant Pot Corned Beef
- Potatoes: To get the best results you want to use waxy potatoes that wont break down as easily when cooked. Yukon golds or yellow potatoes, red potatoes and fingerlings are all ideal choices. Avoid russets, they can break down into mush when cooked.
- Carrots: Yes baby carrots can be used and are convenient, but if you have the time use large carrots peeled and chunked. They will give you better flavor and hold up nicely to the instant pot.
- Pickling Spices: Almost all corned beef will come with a package of spices with it. This is the same as pickling spices and you can just use them for ease. If you do not have a packet use a combination of allspice berries, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, whole pepper seeds, bay leaves and whole cloves. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut against the Grain: This is one of the most important steps for insuring tender, melt in your mouth meat. As you look at your corned beef youll notice how the strands of meat lay in one direction, usually lengthwise. You are going to want to cut against that or at a perpendicular angle. This automatically will help the meat be tender and not fibrous when you eat it.
- Leftovers: Store leftovers tightly wrapped or in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can freeze it for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat as desired.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- If you want to reduce the sodium content of this dish, you can use reduced-sodium vegetable broth or water.
- You can substitute any type of potato for the red potatoes. Just be sure that you cut them into chunks that are about 1-inch in size to ensure that they get cooked through.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- You can use vegan or dairy-free butter if you follow a vegan diet.
Read Also: Beef Loin Tri Tip Roast Instant Pot
For Adding Greens To Other Dishes:
- Do not add greens into the recipe prior to cooking. You will end up with browned, stringy, completely nutrient-less greens!
- For the best results, add greens after you open the lid and stir in to let wilt. If they need to cook down some, place the lid back on after to lock in some heat for 4-5 minutes until they are soft and cooked through.
How Do You Steam Cabbage
Let me talk you through how you steam cabbage in the instant pot so that you can get your head around this easy pressure cooker method:
Shred your cabbage ready for steaming. I often give it a quick wash too depending where I purchased my cabbage from.
Then load your steamer basket with your cabbage.
You place a cup of water into your pressure cooker pot.
Add your trivet and steamer basket that is loaded with cabbage
Then the lid goes down on your instant pot and a quick cook time of 1 minute will result in perfectly cooked steamed cabbage.
It really is that SIMPLE to steam cabbage in the instant pot. And just think that same technique can be done with any of your vegetables, though the cook time can vary. We have a great post about instant pot steam for you to check out.
You May Like: What Does It Mean When Instant Pot Says Burn
How To Make Stuffed Cabbage Rolls In Instant Pot
1. Cooking cabbage in instant pot
I find this the easiest way to do it, but you dont have to do it this way. This is my preferred way for one simple reason: I dont have such large pot to cook the cabbage in and instant pot makes it so easy. Just 1.5 cup of water, bring to pressure and manually release right away.
It takes about 8-10 minutes to bring the pot to pressure. You literally set timer to 0 minutes because the cabbage will be ready by then.
Note that the leaves will be soft almost ready to eat so if you dont like it, I suggest you boil it in a pot of water until you can separate the leaves easily.
2. Making the meat filling
Ground meat is combined with cooked rice, egg, fresh parsley, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, a generous pinch of cinnamon and dried oregano. Its the perfect combination of seasoning for these Instant pot stuffed cabbage rolls.
Then, just fill about 10 leaves with the mixture. I use an ice cream scoop to scoop the meat. You can also make smaller rolls. If you do, you will get more than 10.
In instant pot, you combine water and tomato passata. Then, add the cabbage rolls and pressure cook until ready.