Want More Easy Dinner Ideas
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Our newest cookbook is all about Pressure Cooking. If you love our Instant Pot recipes, this is the cookbook for you!
Each simple and delicious recipe contains clear instructions for prep and specific pressure cooking times from start to ready-to-serve.
Order your copy today!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Not the traditional way of making classic Russian beef stroganoff but this one’s definitely one of the easiest.
You will love this because:
- It’s a straightforward recipe with no complicated steps. Perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have much time to make dinner.
- Tons of flavors in the creamy mushroom gravy. A sure instant family favorite.
- Budget-friendly and economical recipe with the use of simple and low-cost ingredients.
- Tender beef every time! Using an electric pressure cooker/ instant pot ensures you have tender beef every time. No need to worry about overcooking.
How To Make Beef Stroganoff
Heres a quick rundown of how to make IP Beef Stroganoff. Dont forget to scroll down to read the entire written recipe!
You May Like: Inner Pot For Instant Pot
How To Make Instant Pot Keto Beef Stroganoff
Pressure Cook Beef Slices
Stir in ½ tsp paprika and Chicken Stock Mixture from Step 5.
Place beef slices and flavorful meat juice in Instant Pot. Make sure all beef slices are partially submerged in the cooking liquid.
Close lid and pressure cook:
- Pressure Cooking Method: High Pressure for 12 minutes, then 12 minutes Natural Release .
Turn off the heat. Open the lid.
*Note: We did 8+ tests with chuck roast using different cooking times to find the best cooking method. Read about the experiment + findings here.
You May Like: How To Open Instant Pot Lid
What Is The Best Cut For Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
The best thing about using an instant pot to cook beef stroganoff is you won’t be needing expensive prime steak cuts like rib eye, beef sirloin, or beef tenderloin or sirloin.
Inexpensive beef cuts that are sold as braising beef work well for this recipe including blade, chuck, skirt, leg, and flank. Choose a cut with a nice marbled fat so it doesn’t dry out during pressure cooking.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
Since this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is made with egg noodles, it is quite filling and comforting all on its own. But it can also be served with Creamy Mashed Potatoes and a side of veggies, like these Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts or this Sous Vide Asparagus.
If you loved this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished dish and share it with me on using the hashtag #platingsandpairings and tagging me @platingsandpairings.
For more great Platings & Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on , , and .
Read Also: Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart Replacement Lid
Here Is How To Make It:
Can You Make Beef Stroganoff In The Crockpot
Absolutely! Making it in the Slow Cooker is very simple as well.
- First, brown the meat and vegetables in a skillet before adding them to the Slow Cooker. This locks in the flavors and adds plenty of richness to this dish. However, if you are in a hurry, and can skip this step, and simply place the beef and vegetables into the Crockpot right away.
- Add the stock to the beef, then the mustard and season. Ensure to add enough water to just cover the beef. Then, put the lid on and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Next, cook the egg noodles according to their package directions.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles to the crockpot. Then, add the sour cream and mustard. Stir well. Cover the lid, and cook for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Also Check: Instant Pot Viva 6 Qt
What You Need For Beef Stroganoff
- Chuck roast: this is a classic pot roast cut of meat. As it slows cooks or pressure cooks, it goes from tough to super tender and delicious.
- Beef spices: before browning and pressure cooking, youll be seasoning your beef with salt, pepper, and brown sugar. If you have our pot roast seasoning on hand, you could use that instead.
- Olive oil: olive oil is used to sear the meat before cooking.
- Beef broth: beef broth is essential in the flavor of your Instant Pot beef stroganoff. Make sure to get normal beef broth and not low sodium
- Crimini mushrooms: when thinking about classic stroganoff flavors, umami is definitely important. We used crimini mushrooms.
- Salt: dont skip the salt. Not only does it tenderize the beef, but also enhances the flavors of the sauce.
- Onion: onion is super important for flavoring the sauce. Yellow and white both work.
- Garlic: go big or go home. I dare you to double the garlic
- Red wine: red wine is another flavor element that just adds warmth to stroganoff sauce. Dont have wine? Replace it with broth instead.
- Worcestershire sauce: the vinegar and savory flavors of Worcestershire sauce is a must!
- Extra-wide egg noodles: we tried this recipe with medium and wide noodles, and extra-wide is the way to go!
- 2% Greek yogurt: most beef stroganoff recipes call for sour cream. We, however, are using 2% Greek yogurt instead. Its a similar flavor profile, but a bit better for you. If you want a more classic sauce, feel free to swap for sour cream.
What Beef To Use For This Recipe
If youre wonder what kind of meat works best in a stroganoff, youre in luck because you have a lot of options. Youll notice in the ingredients list of this beef stroganoff recipe I suggest getting stew meat. Generally when you purchase this, its already cubed or cut for you and ready to go. Thats one less step when youre in a hurry to get dinner done.
But if you have beef in your freezer or you cant find stew meat or just prefer to cut it yourself, then the best kind to buy is a beef that is more tender. If you have tender meat, then that means you dont have to cook it as long. . These types of cuts include sirloin, steak tips, flank, tenderloin, or rib eye.
If you dont purchase your beef pre-cut, then youll want to cut it into small chunks or thin strips.
Don’t Miss: Can You Make Jelly In An Instant Pot
Can You Freeze Beef Stroganoff
While you can absolutely freeze the cooked meat and vegetables for this beef stroganoff, we recommend waiting to add the egg noodles and Greek yogurt to this dish if youre planning to freeze it.
The consistency of the Greek yogurt can become a bit lumpy and inconsistent when frozen and then thawed, and the egg noodles tend to get a bit mushy.
If youre planning to make this ahead of time and then freeze for later, simply leave the Greek yogurt and noodles out, and add them in once the dish is thawed.
More of our Favorite
What Is Stroganoff Sauce Made Of
Mmmm sauce. Im a saucy gal. I love the meat, I love the carbs but what good are the two if there isnt a nice sauce tying them all together?
For this dish, the sauce really comes together from all of the ingredients. From the beef drippings and the mushrooms, garlic, and butter all cooking down together to the broth, worcestershire, and sour cream added at the end, all of these things make the sauce happen. And it makes them so finger-licking-good too!
Other recipes might call for paprika, white or red wine, or fresh herbs. Others might ask you to add onion, Dijon mustard, or milk. Those are all fine to add as well to suit your own tastes. My suggestion is to start with a recipe as instructed, then embellish it as you see fit. Thats how all the best recipes come about anyway, right?
You May Like: Instant Pot Hardboiled Eggs
A Very Important Tip For Cooking Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
The best tip I have for this recipe is to deglaze the Instant Pot after cooking the meat and vegetables. Deglazing is when you add a liquid to the pot and scrape the cooked bits of food off the bottom of the pot. This is a VERY important step because if you leave cooked bits of food at the bottom, it will create hot spots in your pot and your food wont cook as evenly as it should. Your Instant Pot might even display the BURN notice. So, make sure you dont skip deglazing!
Read Next:27 BEST Instant Pot Recipes
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe
This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is a creamy, rich, low-carb beef recipe that is made quickly in the Instant Pot or your Pressure Cooker. You can also make this keto beef stroganoff in a slow cooker or crock pot!
If you’ve been looking for an easy beef stroganoff recipe, but are trying to keep things keto, low-carb, or gluten-free, it’s not easy to find a good recipe. Luckily for you, I’ve solved that problem!
This keto Instant Pot recipe is a quick meal that the whole family will love. You can serve it with rice or pasta, or steamed veggies or cauliflower rice to keep it keto.
Read Also: What Is Natural Release On Instant Pot
More Instant Pot Beef Recipes
If youre looking for more amazing Instant Pot beef recipes, you will love:
- Instant Pot Pot Roast is a classic, comfort-food dinner thats perfect year-round!
- Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli is a fast and simple dinner with tender green broccoli and beef in a savory-sweet sauce.
- Easy Instant Pot Ground Beef Tacos make a kid-friendly treat for lunch or dinner.
Do you LOVE this recipe? Leave us a review below to tell us why!
Additional Time: Total Time:
This hearty beef stroganoff with butter noodles, mushrooms and creamy gravy is a delicious family-friendly dinner for winter.
- 2 pounds beef round steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
Ingredients For Beef Stroganoff:
- fresh parsley, optional for garnish
I know I said 10 ingredients above, and this list is 11 without the garnish, but I really think butter and flour are pantry staples, right? If you’re headed to the store and you have a well-stocked pantry, just grab beef stew meat, mushrooms, sour cream and noodles, and you’ll most likely have the rest.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Pot Raost
Easy Steps And Ingredients
You can literally throw this together and have it on the table in under an hour. We start with 1 ½lbs. of stew meat. Most supermarkets sell beef stew meat which is already cut and is a great time saver. If you choose to cut the meat yourself, use a good cut of sirloin and cut into chunks of about 1 to 1 ½ inches. The mushrooms are the next star ingredient and nothing beats baby bella mushrooms. They have such a savory flavor and lend the perfect taste and texture to our beef stroganoff recipe. Some chopped red onion and a couple of cloves of garlic round out the main ingredients. Once everything is sauteed, we deglaze the bottom of the pot with a little broth. This step is essential and is loaded with awesome flavors which become a big part of the flavor profile.
Why Cooking Beef Stroganoff In The Instant Pot
The Instant Pot will help you save time and energy while cooking this deliciousness. You will be able to make a whole filling meal in no time. And you wont end up with loads of dirty dishes as this is a one-pot meal. Try also my Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken, Instant Pot Hamburger Helper and Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta for more great one-pot dinner options.
Also Check: How To Cook Dal In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Instant Pot beef stroganoff recipe is an easy Instant Pot recipe to make. It would be perfect for a beginner or an Instant Pot first-timer.
Beef stroganoff is a great family dinner recipe, and with this being a dump and go Instant Pot recipe, it makes it even better!
Get the Slow Cooker recipe here!
You do not have to be as attentive to this recipe as if you were to make it over the stovetop. Perfect for when you are having to do 5 things at once.
Make this delicious beef recipe along with one of our fantastic side dishes, such as our Slow Cooker Green Beans, Easy Homemade Rolls, or a nice and refreshing Apple Cranberry Walnut Green Chopped Salad.
Serve Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
In a serving bowl, layer beef slices on top of cooked egg noodles.
Drizzle with the yummy sauce and garnish with finely chopped parsley or chives.
*Pro Tip: Jazz it up by pairing the Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff with the remaining dry white wine!
A sip of wine with a spoonful of Umami Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff makes a nice fine dining course at home.
Don’t Miss: How To Steam Chicken In Instant Pot
Tips To Store And Reheat
- To Store. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To Reheat. Reheat gently in the microwave or on the stovetop with a splash of water, milk, or broth to keep them from drying out.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff: me, hugging you though the screen, in dinner cozy, creamy dinner form.
It might even be better than an actual hug, because pasta is involved!
Instant Pot Easy Beef Stroganoff
- prep time:10min
- calories:2981 serving
When you make our Instant Pot® Easy Beef Stroganoff recipe, everything, including the noodles, cooks right in the Instant Pot® which makes cleanup a breeze. Cream of mushroom soup, paprika and sour cream deliver on the classic flavor of a stroganoff. Weve used beef sirloin in this recipe to cut down on the cook time and the Instant Pot® keeps the beef moist and flavorful in this easy beef dinner recipe. Be sure to follow the cooking directions exactly for a perfect result every time.
Also Check: How To Cook Yukon Gold Potatoes In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff Tips And Tricks
- You can use pork instead of beef if you prefer.
- For larger, tougher pieces of meat, you will need 20 minutes of cook time. If you have smaller, more tender pieces, start with 10 minutes of cook time.
- If you want to make this with chicken, cook for about 8-10 minutes for thighs, and about 6-7 minutes for chicken breast.
- To make this in the slow cooker or crockpot, add everything except the sour cream. Cook on high for four hours or low for 8 hours until the beef is cooked. Then, add in sour cream.
- Add sour cream slowly, stirring all the while to keep the cream from curdling.
- When you want to reheat the leftovers , cook on low heat to prevent the sour cream from separating.
- If you’re using Xanthan gum, stir it in the Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff and whisk. Do not try to make a slurry with it, as you would with corn starch and water.