How Do You Defrost Ground Turkey In The Instant Pot
How To Thaw Ground Meat in Your Instant Pot
How Long To Cook Instant Pot Turkey Breast
The magical ratio is: 6 minutes per pound of boneless turkey breast at high pressure. Six minutes per pound will give you supremely juicy turkey without that weird stringy texture you get when you cook poultry for too long. With turkey breast you want to quick release right away and take the turkey out of the Instant Pot so it doesnt continue to cook and get dry.
Faqs About Cooking Frozen Meat In The Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
1. I thought you shouldnt cook meat from frozen?
Normally, thats true. Cooking meat from frozen can create problems the outer parts of meat slowly dry out from overcooking while the center remains frozen. Additionally, meat can hang out in the danger zone for too long, allowing for bacterial growth. But pressure cooking changes that equation.
2. Isnt it best to brown ground beef?
Again, traditional advice says yes. When you brown something, you are shifting the flavor components into high gear a process called the Maillard Reaction. However, I was completely surprised how delicious the ground beef turned out in my Instant Pot. I couldnt tell a taste difference between stove-top-browned ground beef and the IP-cooked ground beef. Which is saying something.
You May Like: How To Cook Round Steak In Instant Pot
How To Make Turkey Chili In Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
1) Measure out all ingredients. Chop the onion and prepare all ingredients.
2) Set instant pot to saute function then add oil in the pot of the instant pot.
3) Add in onions, garlic and turkey mince . Brown the turkey for about 3 minutes.
4) Add in chilli, black pepper, oregano, brown sugar, coriander, cumin and chicken broth.
4) Stir and deglaze the pot by scraping any brown bits off the bottom.
This part is important so you dont get the burn error which can happen if brown bits are stuck to the bottom of the pot.
5) After deglazing the pot, turn off the saute function of the instant pot.
6) Add chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, kidney beans and tomato puree in the pot. Do not stir!
7) Cover the instant pot with its lid then turn the vent into ‘sealing’ position. Set instant pot to manual pressure cook high 15 minutes. After pressure cooking, do 10 minutes natural pressure release.
8) When the pressure cooker is depressurised and safe to open, take off the lid and stir.
9) Switch on saute mode of the instant pot and stir chili until it thickens to how you desire.
Note that chili will continue to thicken with retained heat.
What Kind Of Meat Can I Use
Any ground meat you prefer, but I prefer frozen ground turkey in most recipes. I love cooking frozen turkey in the Instant Pot because you can put everything in and walk away until its finished. I prefer to use ground poultry when I can because of the lower saturated fat.
Got beef? You can find tips for cooking frozen ground beef here.
You May Like: How To Get Smell Out Of Instant Pot Ring
Instant Pot Frozen Ground Beef
Lets face it, most of the time the hardest part of dinner is when you realize that you forgot to thaw the meat. It happened to me so many times when I had great plans and ideas of how delicious dinner would be only to realize that I have a frozen block of ground beef still in the freezer.
But the night can be saved with these easy tips on how to cook frozen ground beef in the instant pot or other pressure cookers with only 2 ingredients, one of which is just water! This is a great recipe for busy days and its a convenient way to cook quickly cook frozen meat.
Also, once it has been cooked using the saute function to brown the beef with some taco seasoning for an instant pot taco meat recipe! Feel free to use the cooked meat to make other delicious meals like sloppy joes, tacos, quesadillas, or a quick chili.
To make weeknights stress-free and dinner a breeze, check how to cook frozen chicken breasts or chicken wings, how to cook a whole frozen chicken, and also how to cook frozen pork tenderloin in the instant pot.
Instant Pot Baked Ziti
If you love cheesy pasta, then this is the perfect comfort food dish for you. You can enjoy a hearty, filling meal on even the busiest of weeknights, as this entire dish is cooked in the Instant Pot. You wont believe how easy this recipe from Life Made Sweeter is to follow, and you can customize the recipe to use the meat or ingredients you have in your fridge at home.
You May Like: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Also Check: What Does Burn Food Mean On Instant Pot
What Do You Need To Make The Dry
The dry rub is what will add flavor to the ribs. I absolutely love my homemade dry rub recipe, its perfectly balanced when it comes to sweet and spicy. Also, it has some cinnamon and nutmeg that elevates the other flavors and just adds another layer of something that you cant really put a finger on, but you can taste its awesomeness. Here are all the spices that I have used:
Dont Miss: Cooking Tamales In A Pressure Cooker
What Do You Need To Make Baby Back Ribs In The Instant Pot
You dont need much. Youll need a small white onion and a bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce. We love Head Country in the original flavor. Its always our go-to bbq sauce for our barbecue dinners.
Add the trivet to the bottom of the instant pot and then add the water. Next, youll wrap the ribs circularly around the instant pot. Our 8 qt one will fit up to two racks with one rack of ribs in the middle.
Then, just toss in the chopped onion. It doesnt matter where it lands.
Also Check: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Read Also: How To Defrost Ground Beef In Instant Pot
Can I Use Frozen Turkey
Forgot to defrost the ground turkey? No problem.
You May Like: How To Cook Frozen Hamburger Meat In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Turkey Chili Recipe
This instant pot turkey chili cooked with turkey, kidney beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, spices and more cooks in your pressure cooker for 15 minutes but tastes like it’s been slow cooked all day. It’s flavorful, warming, the meat is tender and can be enjoyed by kids and adult alike by adjusting the chilli quantity to suit spice preference.
This recipe makes use of red kidney beans, you can use canned kidney beans or homemade instant pot kidney beans . You can also cook it without beans for no beans turkey chili!
Let me show you how to make the simplest pressure cooker turkey chili recipe.
You May Like: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Tips For Best Results
- My top tip with any Instant Pot recipe is to always follow the directions as listed. These recipes are tested over and over again and are written in detail for the perfect results.
- Break the pieces of ground turkey as you cook them. You want to get them small enough so that youre not eating clumps of turkey with your quinoa but also so that each small morsel gets enough seasoning and flavor.
- Remember to deglaze the pot as best as you can to avoid the burn notice.
- Do not season the turkey! Add the seasoning with the water and sauce combination after the turkey has cooked.
- When it says DO NOT STIR, take note of that. This is also to avoid the burn notice as there are certain ingredients that will absorb moisture much faster than others. Layering helps with that.
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Ground Turkey
How long does it take to cook frozen ground turkey? Cooking Frozen Ground Turkey Ground turkey, whether cooked or uncooked, can be reheated or cooked straight from the freezer. Youll need to increase the cooking time by 50 percent if you choose this method. For example, one hour of cooking time becomes 1.5 hours.
Also Check: Can The Instant Pot Go In The Dishwasher
What Can You Not Cook In Instant Pot
6 Things You Should Never Cook in an Instant Pot Creamy Sauces. If theres one food group you should avoid in the Instant Pot, its dairy. Fried Chicken. The best fried chicken is crisp on the outside, juicy on the inside and perfectly golden brown. Cookies. Burgers. Pie. Steak.
How To Make Instant Pot Whole Turkey
Cooking a whole turkey in the Instant Pot couldnt be easier. You just have to stuff and season your turkey, toss it in the Instant Pot with your veggies and broil it in the oven for 5 minutes to get that beautiful golden-brown glow.
Don’t Miss: How Long To Cook Tamales In Instant Pot
Why Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Lean ground turkey is lower in calories than beef mince. It also has less saturated fat. So if you are looking to reduce calorie intake, this taste as good as beef chili but with lesser calories.
- Cooking turkey chili in instant pot saves time as it takes just 15 minutes of pressure cooking and fewminutes natural release making it quicker than stovetop or slow cooker method.
- It’s made in one pot and no baby sitting the pot. As soon as all ingredients go in and you turn on the pressure cook button, you can go about doing other things till the pressure cooker beeps to alert you it’s done.
- This turkey chilli recipe is easy, failproof, delicious and the whole family is bound to like it.
- Pepper can be adjusted to suit spice level preference.
S For Instant Pot Ground Beef
Step 1: Pour 1 cup or 1 ½ cups of water over the bottom of the Instant Pot, and then position in your trivet.
Step 2: Place 1-2 pounds of ground beef on the trivet, lock the lid, and seal the valve. Pro-Tip: If possible, freeze your meat in 1 inch thick slabs so that the meat will cook evenly in the instant pot.
Step 3: Set to high pressure and cook for 20-25 minutes, depending on if your frozen meat is flat or comes in a tube form. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then do a quick release.
Step 4: Check the temperature with a meat thermometer. It should reach 165 degrees F . If it is not, seal the pot again and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Step 5: Once the meat is cooked, remove the trivet and discard the liquid. Break the meat up into small chunks.
Step 6: Season and sauté the meat with a little bit of oil. Use it in many dishes such as hamburger helper, ground beef tacos, lasagne, and more.
Read Also: How To Cook Frozen Meat In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Ground Turkey Chili
Chili is a craving you just cant kick when it comes on. Indulge in this healthy turkey chili made in the Instant Pot with veggies, black beans, green chiles, and spices that will infuse every last bite of the dish with an unbeatable smoky and spicy flavor. Top with cooling cheese and/or sour cream for the best results. Recipe from The Kitchn.
How Long Do You Grill Ribs At 300 Degrees
Season liberally with the secret sweet rub and prepare your grill for indirect grilling. The target temperature on your grill is 300 degrees F. Use fruit woods like apple, peach, cherry, or hardwoods like hickory or oak. Place the ribs on the grill, close the lid and cook for 2 1/2 hours at 300 degrees.
Read Also: Recall On Instant Pot
Also Check: How To Cook Beets In Instant Pot
What Size Instant Pot Do I Need
This Instant Pot turkey will work in an 8 quart Instant Pot and a 6 quart Instant Pot. It could work in a 3 quart, but it would be a very tight squeeze, unless you find a very small turkey breast roast. The cooking time remains the same across all Instant Pots, the only difference is that smaller Instant Pots come to pressure faster.
Happy mini turkey dinner-ing!
What Happens If You Eat Undercooked Ground Turkey
Thorough cooking or pasteurization kills Salmonella bacteria. You re at risk when you consume raw, undercooked, or unpasteurized items. Salmonella food poisoning is commonly caused by: undercooked chicken, turkey, or other poultry.
Also Check: What Does Auto Mean On Instant Pot
I Have A Dry Rub That I Really Love Can I Use It In This Recipe
Absolutely! In my cookbook, I have a chili and garlic powder dry rub recipe that I use often!
When adapting the recipe to your flavors, be careful not to change the liquid ratio in this recipe.
Also, make sure to adjust the seasonings to match the number of baby back rib slabs called for in this recipe.
Dont Miss: How To Cook Ground Turkey In Instant Pot
Paleo Pumpkin Turkey Chili Mole
This turkey chili is meaty without the legumes making it paleo-friendly and low-carb. If you like a little chocolate in your sauce, mole is the right choice for you. This beautiful meal will warm you up and soothe your soul. Its a freezer-friendly meal too, so save some for a rainy day. Recipe from Real Food With Dana.
Ground turkey is SO versatile. Remember, you can use ground turkey in place of ground beef in most recipes or mix and match. We hope you enjoy this collection of unique, nourishing, and family-friendly meals.
Recommended Reading: How To Warm Up Tamales In A Crock Pot
What Seasonings Should I Use
This version of turkey chili doesnt require too many spices! I like to use chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper for some warming spices and to make it full of flavor.
To change it up a bit, you could use chipotle chili powder for some extra kick or some smoked paprika to make it a little smokey. Either adding them or using them in place of the amounts in the recipe is all you need to do!
How To Cook Frozen Ground Meat In Instant Pot
- Prep: To Instant Pot, add 1 cup water and place frozen meat on a trivet. You have to use trivet to avoid boiling the meat and possible Burn.
- Cook red meat :15 minutes for thawed when you open the pot, meat will look cooked and brown outside. But once you remove it into the bowl and start breaking with a fork, you will see that it is red/pink inside. 25 minutes for fully cooked is great if you just need to thaw the meat and proceed with any other recipe.
- Cook poultry: 7 minutes for thawed and 15 minutes for fully cooked.
- Wait 5 minutes and release pressure: Turn valve to Venting after 5 minutes to avoid strong pressure pulling all moisture from the meat.
- Then remove onto a plate and break into pieces. Season with any combination of spices like salt, pepper, taco seasoning, chili powder, garlic powder etc. Or check out this Instant Pot taco meat recipe from my friend, Denise, at Sweet peas and Saffron.
- Recipes to use in: Use seasoned meat in tacos, taco salad, lasagna and casseroles. So convenient!
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Red Beets