What Are The Best Eggs To Use
I have honestly used all different types of eggs for this method, and they all turn out. Whether you get the cheapest eggs at the store, brown eggs, organic eggs, or even eggs from your backyard chickens, they should turn out. If you are using extra-large eggs, you may need to make a few more adjustments!
Notes On Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- It takes my pressure cooker about 5 minutes to reach pressure, but time to reach pressure may vary.
- If you are using an 8-quart Instant Pot, you may need to use a half cup more liquid to make sure your Instant Pot will come up to pressure.
- You can find more electric pressure cooker recipes with our Recipe Finder.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our .
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- Finally, all electric pressure cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own electric pressure cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Printable Recipe for Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
You May Like: Instant Pot Tuna
Finally Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs:
The instant pot is the best way to Hard Boil Farm-Fresh Eggs because they are easy to peel. I used to hate boiling my Moms fresh eggs because half of the whites were lost with the shell after peeling. They were a mess and so ugly for deviled eggs. The instant pot is by far the best way to hard boil fresh farm eggs because cooking the eggs in a pressure cooker makes them easy to peel.
You May Like: Instant Pot Food Burn
Why Make Instant Pot Hard Cooked Eggs
The Instant Pot makes a perfect hard-boiled egg. Every. Single. Time. Boiling eggs always sounds like a simple concept, but I often under-cook or, as previously mentioned, overcook my eggs.
But we have kicked that dilemma to the curb with this Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Egg recipe.
So simple to peel!
Im not sure what it is about that Instant Pot environment, but it is so much easier to peel the shells off of eggs that are hard-boiled in the Instant Pot.
Try it for yourself and see!
Advantage Of Using Steamer Rack Or Trivet For Making Steamed Boiled Eggs In Instant Pot
In this method of making eggs, we use the steamer rack or trivet that comes with the instant pot to make steamed eggs that has the texture of boiled eggs.
This method is very popular among instant pot users to make eggs, especially with the 5-5-5 method since most prefers soft boiled eggs.
The main advantage I find with using a steamer rack or trivet to steam the eggs in the instant pot is that, I never had an instance of broken egg in the instant pot when I follow this method.
While using stove top method of boiling eggs, occasionally I used to find a cracked egg on the process, which I didnt like.
When I directly boil the eggs in the instant pot without trivet too, the chances of broken or cracked eggs are little to none compared to traditional stove top boiling method.
However, with this method of using a steamer rack or trivet, there is really no chance of the eggs cracking while they are getting cooked. That way, you get perfect steamed, boiled eggs every time!
Another advantage of making eggs in the instant pot is easy peeling of the eggs, which you probably know by now!
Below you can get the detailed recipe for steamed, boiled eggs in the instant pot!
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Tamale Recipe
Why Do Hard Boiled Eggs Turn Green
Cooking eggs too long or at too high a temperature causes a reaction between the iron in the yolk and the sulfur in the white, according to the Incredible Egg website. Hence, a green ring forms between the yolk and white. This shouldn’t happen when you use the 5-5-5 method to cook eggs in the Instant Pot.
What Do You Need To Make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Making hard-boiled eggs in your Instant Pot couldnt be easier. Its so easy, in fact, that you only need to ingredients for perfectly boiled eggs every time:
Theres no need to add special ingredients to the water, like salt or vinegar, to assist with peeling your eggs after theyre cooled. The shells come right off without any trouble after cooking them in the Instant Pot.
Recommended Reading: How To Steam Tamales In A Crockpot
Perfect Instant Pot Chicken Breast
But chicken breast can be a bit more tricky to cook perfectly. Thankfully, after 20 plus tries, I have perfected cooking Instant Pot Chicken Breast. In fact, now I prefer preparing chicken breast in the Instant Pot over any other cooking method.
Whether fresh or frozen, I can whip up Instant Pot Chicken Breasts in record time and they turn out perfectly tender and juicy every single time.
How To Cook Hard Boiled Eggs In Instant Pot
- Place 1 cup of COLD water in the inner pot of pressure cooker
- Place eggs in egg rack or carefully on top of the rack that the Instant Pot came with.
- Seal pressure cooker.
- Set cook time to 5 minutes
- After cook time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes
- Once 5 minutes has elapsed, release any remaining pressure in Instant Pot by using a wooden spoon or kitchen towel to knock vent knob to vent position.
- Carefully, remove eggs from the pressure cooker and place it in an ice bath. Eggs are VERY hot, so use potholder if your fingers aren’t made of steel!
- After eggs have been in an ice bath for 5 minutes, remove eggs from the ice bath.
- Peel and enjoy your PERFECT hard-boiled eggs.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Chicken Tenderloins In Instant Pot
What Is The Right Egg Temperature
There are two camps when it comes to eggs. Store it in the fridge or store it at room temperature.
Im not saying one way is better than the other. In the past, I would store my eggs in the fridge and now I keep them at room temperature.
- Reason 1 when I boil an egg 9 times out of 10 the eggshell broke and I lost half of my egg
- Reason 2 when I buy my eggs on the market, at the farmers or supermarket all of the eggs are kept at room temperature. So I decided to changes my ways and when I boil an egg now 1 time out of 20 a shell breaks.
How To Hard Boil Eggs:
How to make hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot? Super simple.
*Ive only tested the cooking time for a 6-quart Instant Pot. It may vary with different sizes/brands of pressure cookers.
Why Did My Eggs Come Out Too Hard Or Too Soft
This is the most common question. Remember, many factors affect the cooking time needed for perfect eggs. For example, high elevation, the size of the eggs, the temperature of the eggs, quantity of eggs, the model of your Instant Pot, etc.
Ive seem many recipes for Instant Pot eggs, but none of them share the exact same cooking time.
In general, if youve followed the recipe but did not achieve your desired results, simply add 1 to 2 minutes to get a more cooked egg, or decrease by 1 to 2 minutes to get a softer egg. Test until you achieve the texture you prefer.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken–The best method for cooking a whole chicken in the Instant Pot this recipe produces flavorful, juicy, tender “roast” chicken.
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken–Tender chicken that is perfectly spiced with buffalo seasoning, this recipe is a great base for numerous dishes.
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos–Made with just 4 ingredients and a few minutes of prep, this is one of the easiest, tastiest Instant Pot chicken recipes.
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs–This is a great basic recipe for cooking bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs.
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken–This easy instant pot recipe can be made with chicken thighs or chicken breasts and is coated in a delicious sweet and savory teriyaki sauce.
If you enjoyed this Instant Pot Chicken Breast recipe, please be sure to take the time to leave a comment and a review.
You May Like: How To Cook Venison Roast In An Instant Pot
Additional Delicious And Easy Instant Pot Recipes
If you love cooking in the Instant Pot as much as I do, then youll want to check out these other great Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Salmon is a delicious, healthy and popular dinner choice.
Looking for a great dish to go with that awesome salmon? How about making Instant Pot Heirloom Potato Salad?
And lets not forget about a sweet and tasty dessert! Try this recipe for easy and colorful Instant Pot Orange Creamsicle Cake.
About A Mind Full Mom
A Mind “Full” Mom started as a way to fill YOUR mind with easy, whole food, family-approved recipes. My mind was just “full” of ideas I wanted to share with you–hence the play on the word mindful.
A Mind “Full” Mom has evolved over time, but the focus is still the same–Real foods for real families on real budgets.
I share simple, wholesome recipes that are not made with fancy ingredients or make your kids run for the hills. These are tried and true recipes that please my kids and my VERY picky husband.
A lot of the recipes you will find here are classic recipes given a face-lift with more wholesome ingredients–no high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oil, food colorings, or msg. I do opt for whole grains over white flour and natural sugars over granulated sugar, but I do believe they have their time and place in moderation–like Cut Out Sugar Cookies.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Frozen Chicken Thighs In Instant Pot
How To Make Instant Pot Boiled Eggs Without A Rack
Take your fresh eggs and put them in the Instant Pot no rack required to boil your eggs.
If you have a rack you can put it in the pressure cooker and put the eggs on the trivet.
Add 1 cup of cold water into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and secure. Turn the valve to the sealing position and set your timer to 4 minutes.
In general, it takes my pressure cooker about 5 to 6 minutes for the pan to come to pressure.
It can vary depending on the type of pressure cooker, size of the pressure cooker but also the pressure cooker brand.
As soon as the cooking time is done quick-release immediately and put your eggs in ice-cold water.
Let the eggs sit for at least half a minute. Peel the egg and you are ready to serve.
How Long To Cook Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
- For soft-boiled eggs : Cook on low pressure for 4 minutes, then quick-release the machine, and plunge the eggs into an ice bath. Peel when cool. I also tried cooking eggs for 3 minutes. They ended up being too soft to peel, with undercooked whites.
- For medium-boiled eggs : Same process, but for 5 minutes.
- For hard-boiled eggs : Same process, but for at least 7 minutes .
Now that Ive made this my usual routine when making boiled eggs , its so easy to remember that even I wont have to look it up next time.
grab a spatula & cook with us:
Also Check: What To Do When Instant Pot Says Food Burn
Do I Need Any Special Accessories To Make Boiled Eggs
For this recipe, you will need an egg rack metal trivet in order to make the eggs.
Even if you dont have any special accessories, for the first time you can use the simple trivet that you got when you purchased the Instant Pot.
Later you can get dedicated Instant Pot trivets that come with handles so you can make much more eggs at once and take them out altogether.
Finding The Best Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Method
Before launching my experiment, I had tried a few methods I found online.
My first observation was that there are MANY methods to cook Instant Pot hard boiled eggs online, and they are all different.
- Some maintain you cannot cook the eggs on high pressure or they will crack.
- There were multiple methods named with three numbers sounding like swim team drills my kids do: 5-5-5, 6-4-2, etc.
- Some swear by quick release, others by slow release.
It was really hard to know where to begin!
The two methods I tried didnt work to meet my criteria.
Both left the egg yolks uncooked fully as well as the peeling wasnt predictable leaving the eggs looking gnawed on .
After this, I stopped the experimenting and dove into some research. This tidbit changed everything for me:
For every 1,000 feet above 2,000-foot elevation, you must increase cooking time by 5 percent. Mother Earth News
I live at approximately 5,500 feet and though I have not run into issues with altitude affecting prior Instant Pot recipes, the precision of how to make perfect Instant Pot hard boiled eggs seemed possibly affected.
This was a game changer in my experiment.
Read Also: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Best Way To Hard Boil Eggs
Every family has its own secret way to make what they consider the perfect boiled egg. While some people might swear by adding salt, vinegar, or other ingredients to the boiling water, it all comes down to the time spent cooking the egg and how fresh the eggs are.
The fresher the egg, the harder it is to peel while older eggs peel much easier.
New to Instant Pot or Pressure Cooking? Check out these other great recipes to help you be a pro in no time!
How To Cook The Best Hard Boiled Eggs In The Instant Pot
Just follow three simple steps.
Hard boiled eggs make a rich, protein-packed snack, salad topping, or appetizer. Like, who hasn’t dreamed of finishing off a dozen deviled eggs in one sitting? Just us? OK, cool. Anyway, what we love most about hard boiled eggs is how simple they are to make, especially if you’re cooking them in the pressure cooker. Here’s our step-by-step guide to the perfect Instant Pot hard boiled eggs.
Don’t Miss: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
What Ingredients Do I Need
The ingredient list is pretty simple when it comes to hard boiling eggs:
Pro Tip: To avoid cracked eggs, always start with room temperature eggs. It reduces the shock to the egg and your chance of having a crack after cooking. So set them out on the counter for about 30 minutes before you start your cooking.
How Do You Boil Eggs In Instant Pot
- Altitude: close to sea level
- Eggs: store-boughtLarge eggs, straight from the fridge
- Liquid: 1 cup of cold tap water
- Time: High Pressure for 8 minutes & Low Pressure for 12 minutes
- Pressure: High Pressure & Low Pressure
- Release Method: immediate Quick Release
- Cooking Method: on a steamer rack
*Pro Tip: If you want perfecthard boiledeggs, be mindful that every factor above affect the results of your eggs. If you change even the slightest thing, your results may differ.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs 8 Qt Pressure Cooker Eggs
Enjoy! This recipe works great form making 12 hard boiled eggs in Instant Pot at one time, or you could make even more if room allows. Cooking hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot saves a lot of time when you want to boil eggs. Not only that, but Instant Pot hard boiled eggs are also super easy to peel.
Get more Instant Pot recipes in our and by following APressureCooker.com on , , and . Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
Instant Pot Egg Recipes
- Place the trivet or egg rack inside the Instant Pot and add 2 cups of water.
- Put the eggs on the trivet and close the lid.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, wait for a natural pressure release for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid take out the eggs.
- Put the eggs in a bowl of cold water for 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
You May Like: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
How Long Are Hard Boiled Eggs Good For
- Hard boiled eggs will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator when peeled, 7 days if unpeeled.
- Hard boiled eggs will last for up to 2 hours at room temperature. So be sure that Easter Bunny doesn’t leave the eggs hidden too long!
- Hard boiled eggs do not freeze well! Cooked egg whites will become rubbery.
- You can freeze the cooked egg yolks if desired by placing cooked yolks freezer bag and freezing for up to 3 months.