Instant Pot Chicken Breasts And Rice
Instant Pot Chicken Thighs And Rice
Instant pot chicken thighs and rice. Easy one-pot instant pot recipe the whole family would love. Weeknight dinner just got easy and quick with this easy instant pot rice recipe. It is flavourful and uses pantry staple ingredients. The boned in chicken thigh falls right off the bone and the rice buttery, tender and fluffy.
Avoiding Burn Notification While Cooking In Instant Pot
Getting burn notice while cooking on an instant pot is quite annoying, especially while you have a hungry family to feed. I have made this chicken and rice in the instant pot multiple times without any issue.
First of all, every time the pot is giving a burn notice doesnt mean something has burned. It might be an indication that the bottom layer of the pot has some brown bits stuck. So it is very important to deglaze the pot to release any brown patches from the bottom. Like in the above recipe, Stock is added to deglaze the pan.
Another reason for the burn notice could be because of very little liquid in the pot. In the recipe, the amount of stock is enough for the chicken. Also when the chicken thigh gets cooked it releases liquid.
The last reason could be the Inner pot is very hot, while setting it to manual high-pressure mode. In this recipe, first chicken thighs are being sauteed followed by onion and garlic. If you tend to get frequent burn notifications in your IP, then after you saute the chicken thighs, switch off the IP and let it cool down a bit. Then again switch to saute mode and start cooking onion and garlic.
One of the readers has to say
You May Like: Slow Cooker To Instant Pot Conversion
Also Check: Washing Instant Pot Lid
How To Avoid The Burn Warning
- Dont skimp on the fat for sautéing the onion and garlic.
- After sautéing the onion and garlic ensure no burnt bits and pieces are stuck to the bottom of the pot. If necessary add a splash of water and deglaze the bottom with a wooden spoon to really scrape everything off.
- Have ingredients already measured out and ready to go so no time is wasted. This is especially important for the diced vegetables. Have them chopped and all in one bowl ready to add.
- Once you add the rice you have to work quickly. Dont let the dry or rinsed rice sit on the hot plate without liquid for longer than 5 seconds. Add the cilantro water immediately after adding the rice and stir.
- Do not mix in the vegetables and chicken. Let them sit on top of the rice.
- Put on the lid quickly. From the moment you add the rice to the moment you close the lid should not be longer than maybe 30 seconds. The longer it takes you to put on the lid, the more liquid evaporates, and the higher the chances youll get the burn warning.
Make It A Complete Meal
This is a hearty meal on its on, but sometimes I add a side dish! Here are some ideas:
- Add some soft dinner rolls or a batch of my easy Breadsticks!
- Air Fryer Asparagus or Broccoli is a healthy and easy side dish that goes great with it.
- Use your crockpot to make Ranch Carrots!
- Dont forget dessert we love some Blonde Brownies or Monster Cookies for a special treat!
This is a creamy, cheesy, and satisfying dinner! Its great for busy nights when you need something to fill up your hungry family! Its just another reason to love your pressure cooker want some more ideas? Be sure to check out some more favorite recipes!
Recommended Reading: How To Deep Clean Instant Pot
Common Questions About Cooking Chicken In An Instant Pot
Recommended Reading: Must Have Instant Pot Accessories
How To Make Chicken And Rice Soup In The Instant Pot:
- Either frozen or defrosted chicken breasts can be used in this creamy chicken and rice soup. If using frozen chicken, it will take slightly longer for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
- Start by using the Saute mode on your Instant Pot to soften the onions, carrots and celery. Next, add the garlic and herbs.
- Pour in the chicken broth, and add the chicken breasts and rice before sealing your pressure cooker and setting it to HIGH pressure.
- Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then use the quick release.
- Shred the chicken, stir in the parsley, season well with salt and pepper, and serve it up!
Also Check: Instapot Says Burn
What Type Of Chicken Should Be Used
Split or whole chickens are usually some of the least expensive cuts of chicken at the grocery store, but they also happen to give the most flavor to this dish. You can use any cut, but whichever cut you decide to use, make sure it is bone-in and skin-on. Thats where the flavor is.. I bought cage-free organic chicken because my budget allows it and thats important to me, so my prices may be higher than what youre used to.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Scroll down for the step by step photos!
A Classic Casserole From The Instant Pot
This comforting casserole is a combination of creamy rice, bite-sized pieces of chicken, vegetables , and melted cheese. Many versions start with canned soup, but this recipe uses a combination of chicken broth and cream cheese instead the latter of which youll stir in at the end of cooking. As for the vegetables, a bag of frozen peas and carrots go into this version, but any kind of frozen vegetables are fair game.
Whats Is In This Pressure Cooker Instant Pot Rice And Chicken
Golden Sella basmati rice: You can use other types of rice too. I have answered likely questions on cooking time and types of rice below. Kindly read on
Boneless skinless chicken thighs:substitute with chicken breasts
Chicken broth: substitute with beef or vegetable broth. If you dont have chicken broth, substitute with stock cubes and water.
Fresh garlic cloves: substitutewith garlic granules
3 tablespoons vegetable oil:substitute with canola or any other flavourless oil of choice
Pressure Cooker Chicken And Rice
OMG this ah-mazing Instant Pot chicken and rice is in one of our regular Instant Pot recipes we make over and over again for dinner. And everyone who tried it has requested the recipe which is perfect because I also recommend it to anyone beginning their Instant Pot cooking journey.
Brown rice in Instant Pot is pure fluffy and hands-off magic! Combined with boneless chicken breasts or thighs, all ingredients cook in one pot without hovering over them on the stove . And if you add broth, it becomes Instant Pot chicken and rice soup.
If you are like me and are originally from former USSR, you know how time consuming plov is. So this Instant Pot chicken and rice is my version of it. The only difference is everything cooks in one pot Instant Pot.
You May Like: How To Cook Ground Turkey In Instant Pot
Also Check: Cook Frozen Steak In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken And Rice Is Your Favorite Creamy Cheesy Casserole Comfort Food Except Its Made Faster And Easier In The Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot creamy chicken and rice casserole is the perfect, stick-to-your-ribs home cooked dinner! Youll love how easy it is!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Growing up in the south, we enjoyed our fair share of delicious food at church potluck dinners.
There was always a smattering of casseroles on the plastic tablecloth-lined tables that spanned the churchs fellowship hall, along with fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, southern style green beans, potato salad, and more.
Southern style casseroles have always held a special place in my heart, especially when they are creamy, delicious, and full of flavor. I mean, isnt a casserole the ultimate comfort food?
Thats why I know this creamy Instant Pot chicken and rice is going to be a hit with your familyIm betting its going to be one of your favorite Instant Pot chicken dinner recipes!
Heres How You Make It
From sear to season and everything in between, this recipe really is a snap to make in an Instant Pot!
You May Like: Frozen Tuna Steak In Air Fryer
Ingredients You Will Need
Get all measurements, ingredients, and instructions in the printable version at the end of this post.
CHICKEN Were using 1 lb of chicken breast sliced into 1-inch pieces. Slicing the chicken allows it to cook even faster than how quickly chicken already cooks in the instant pot. It only takes 5 minutes on high for juicy tender bits of chicken! Frozen chicken will take longer to cook, which may result in mushy veggies and rice, therefore we suggest using a thawed chicken breast.
VEGETABLES Onions, carrots, celery, and frozen peas complement this dish perfectly. As it does in many other chicken and rice recipes! You can optionally add broccoli if youd like, or any other veggies your heart desires.
RICE We recommend Jasmin or basmati rice for the instant pot. Avoid instant rice, or any rice that takes less time to cook compared to Jasmin. You dont want your rice to come out mushy.
How To Make Chicken And Rice In Instant Pot
There is detailed recipe card below.
- Saute onion and garlic first, just until fragrant. I like to do so under a hood fan with a stove off, of course.
- Press Cancel and add dried herbs: Thyme, oregano, cumin and cook another 30 seconds. This step will make them fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients in the following order : Chicken, carrot, rice, water, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Do not stir to prevent Burn.
- Cook on high pressure: For 10 minutes with white rice, for 22 minutes with brown rice.
- Release pressure using Quick Release, so pretty much right away.
- Stir gently and discard bay leaves.
You May Like: How To Clean Instant Pot Liner
Instant Pot Garlic Herb Chicken And Rice
This Instant Pot Chicken and rice is a wholesome dinner that the entire family will love. Garlic Herb Chicken and Rice made in the Instant Pot results in fluffy buttery rice and Juicy Chicken thighs.
I am really obsessed with this Instant Pot Chicken and Rice recipe. This Garlic Herb Chicken and rice have so much flavour in it from the butter, lots of garlic and herbs.
Crispy Juicy Chicken thigh with perfectly seasoned rice is one of those family-friendly recipes that you can make on any day. It is easy, healthy and made in an Instant pot in just about 15 minutes.
It turned out to be perfect with amazing flavours. If you ask me, there is nothing like a one-pot Chicken and rice dish. It is always filling and satisfying. You can easily double the recipe for a larger crowd.
I have been exploring my new Instant Pot in every possible way. So far I am really loving the pressure cooker. After trying Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chickpea Curry, I tried making rice in the Instant Pot. Cooking rice in the instant pot is easy with an amazing result.
So, what was the result that simply wowed me? Perfect grains of rice every single time. A person like me who has been eating rice all her life was very happy with the result.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- Because this shredded BBQ chicken is made in an electric pressure cooker, its ready in just 20 minutes.
- This recipe is so easy! Just dump the ingredients in the Instant pot and let it do its job!
- This recipe only requires 3 simple ingredients.
- This BBQ chicken can easily be made paleo, Whole30, low carb and keto.
Read Also: Instant Pot Cleaning Lid
Ingredients For Instant Pot Chicken And Rice
- Fresh or frozen chicken: Boneless chicken breasts, thighs or cut up whole chicken will work.
- Rice: You can use white rice and cook for 10 minutes or brown rice and cook time is 22 minutes.
- Veggies: Onion, garlic and carrots.
- Broth or water: Low sodium chicken broth/stock from a carton, bouillon cube diluted in water or homemade chicken broth in Instant Pot. Or just cold water.
- Spices: Cumin, dried thyme and oregano, salt and pepper.
Frozen chicken tip: You can make Instant Pot chicken and rice with frozen chicken breasts or thighs, just a few things to keep in mind. Make sure chicken pieces are separated. No need to cut them up after chicken and rice is cooked, just shred chicken right in the pot or remove and cube on a cutting board. Also Instant Pot will take 5-10 minutes longer to come to pressure with frozen chicken. Same cook time though.
Brown Chicken Thighs In Instant Pot
Heat up Instant Pot using Sauté More function.
*Tip: For older versions press Saute button, then Adjust button. For newer versions press Saute button twice.
Wait until it says HOT . This prevents the chicken thighs from sticking to the pot.
Add 1 tbsp olive oil in Instant Pot. Swirl the inner pot to ensure the oil evenly covers the whole bottom of the inner pot .
Season one side of the chicken generously with salt & black pepper.
Add the chicken thighs in Instant Pot, then brown each side for 5 minutes.
While one side is browning, season the other side of the chicken with more salt & black pepper.
Set aside the browned chicken thighs.
Add in sliced onions and 1 tsp tomato paste, then saute for two minutes.
Add in a pinch of dried oregano and dried basil. Saute for another minute.
Add in minced garlic cloves, then saute for another 30 seconds.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
Here are more chicken recipes you can make in your IP!
- Chicken Alfredo is another comforting dinner that is so easy to make!
- For taco Tuesday, you have to try my easy pressure cooker Chicken Tacos.
- Crack Chicken Sandwiches get their name for a reason they are so good! Make the chicken in your IP for a quick and easy dinner.
Looking for even more ideas? Be sure to check out all of my Instant Pot Recipes!
Have you tried this chicken and rice recipe? Id love if you would rate it!! A five-star rating will make my day!