Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo And Meatballs
This post many contain affiliate links. See our disclosure for more information.
Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo with Meatballs- Creamy Alfredo sauce mixed with fettuccine noodles and meatballs. Serve with a side of fresh broccoli for an easy one pot dinner.
We eat a whole bunch of pasta around here. A whole bunch. Of course, regular old pasta is good, but, every once in a while it needs a little something else to go with it.
Enter this really easy, really tasty one pot dinner made right in your intstant pot.
Best Type Of Shrimp To Use For Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo
Jumbo size shrimp This size shrimp may look too big to eat but when theyre cooked they shrink quite a bit and become bite sized!
- If you put them in completely frozen they will make this pasta more watery, that is not our preference.
- Feel free to buy at the meat counter already thawed, or buy frozen like we did and leave them in a bowl or baggie in the fridge overnight to thaw out.
If you have No shells:
Goes without saying but it would be very difficult to pick them out of the meal to take off the shells, would be a complete mess too. Remove shells and tails before you add them into your pressure cooker
Ingredients For Instant Pot Alfredo Chicken Pasta
This one pot meal can be made with simple pantry ingredients.
- Spaghetti You can use any other type of pasta too.Chickpeas pasta ,Lentil pasta & Whole wheat pasta- literally any kind of pasta.Just change the time of pressure cooking according to the formula- – 1 minute.
- Chicken Breast Sliced into thin slivers.One super easy hack to cut chicken is to freeze the chicken breast for 15 minutes and slice it against the grain.
- Parmesan Cheese
Read Also: How To Cook Noodles In Instant Pot
How To Make Chicken Alfredo Pasta In The Instant Pot
Set the Instant Pot on the SAUTE setting, and heat the oil. Add the diced chicken pieces, and cook them for a couple of minutes.
Add mushrooms if using, followed by the garlic, herbs, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
Add the pasta and cover with chicken or vegetable stock. Gently press the pasta with a spatula so that its fully covered in liquid .
Secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for;5 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take around 5 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, quickly release the steam.
Carefully remove the lid, and stir in the cream cheese and shredded mozzarella. Stir until the cheese has completely melted. Give the sauce a taste, and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, and extra grated parmesan cheese.
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta
March 14, 2018 by Melissa
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo;Flavorful chicken breasts, garlic, penne, real cream and real parmesan cheese. ;The best part is it all cooks together in the Instant Pot.
This Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta is so delicious and so easy to make, this is definitely going to be one of your go-to Instant Pot dinners!
This recipe is a variation;of the One-Pan Chicken Alfredo I developed in 2013. That is still one of my familys favorite recipes, and truly a reader favorite too!
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Whole Acorn Squash In Instant Pot
Tips For Perfect Instant Pot Alfredo
- Layer the noodles evenly:;Break the noodles into half and layer them evenly at the bottom of the instant pot steel insert. This will ensure they all are under liquid and will cook evenly without clumping.
- Cream: I use heavy cream in this recipe to get the perfect creamy Alfredo. As I add the cream at the end, you can substitute the cream with milk or half or half if you like to make this a Skinny Alfredo.;
- Use shredded Parmesan:;My preference is to bring a block of Parmigiano Reggiano and grate it just before using. It is okay to use pre-shredded parmesan, do stir well so it incorporates easily into the pasta. The fresh parmesan creates a wonderful rich sauce.
- Thicker sauce: If you want a thicker sauce, add couple of cubes of cream cheese along with the cream.
- Thickness: The sauce thickens as it cools. You might think it looks watery initially, however it will all thicken and the sauce soaked up as the pasta cools down.
- Double the recipe: This recipe can be doubled in a 6qt or 8qt instant pot.
- How to store: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The sauce will dry out after refrigerate, just add a little milk before reheating. I prefer to reheat in the microwave.
Why I Love This Recipe
Making alfredo is already a simple dinner. For instance, this Sausage Alfredo is ready in under 30 minutes. So why choose the instant pot?
Well, for one, less mess. The pasta, chicken and sauce all cook in ONE pot. Makes clean up so easy.
Second, this doubles easily, and if you have the 8qt Instant Pot you can feed a crowd!
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Eggs In The Instant Pot
How To Make The Best One Pot Chicken Alfredo
The key to the spectacular flavor is good ingredients.
Since its such a simple basic recipe, the ingredients really get a chance to shine.
Make sure you use fresh lemon and garlic. You want to use heavy cream, not half and half.
Yes, I know half and half is less calories/fat, but this is not a dish you make on a diet!!
You also want to make sure you buy a good quality parmesan cheese, the freshly grated kind in the refrigerated section, not the kind in a shaker can.
The last ingredient is the shredded chicken.
You can make your own shredded chicken or just buy a rotisserie chicken for an easier dinner.
Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
As an Amazon affiliate, and affiliate with other businesses, I earn from qualifying purchases. Jump to Recipe
Instant Pot Shrimp Alfredo Pasta is a deliciously creamy and cheesy one-pot pasta dish with tender shrimp, parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.;
Why Youll Love This Recipe: This is a quick and easy Instant Pot pasta recipe thats also a kid-friendly weeknight dinner that starts with frozen shrimp!
Alfredo pasta is a classic pasta dinner recipe. My family loves it for its creamy, savory and cheesy flavor and texture. And to add some protein to the mix, shrimp is the perfect addition.;
Recommended Reading: Can You Sterilize Baby Bottles In Instant Pot
Why Youll Love This
- The fettuccini alfredo Instant pot version turns out creamier than cooking in on the stovetop
- This one-pot method means theres no juggling multiple pots on the stove
- Because its seriously the BEST fettuccini alfredo recipe out there!
- It gets dinner on the table FAST without having to keep an eye on the pot
- We show you how to add chicken if you want to add protein to the recipe
If you love alfredo be sure to check out our recipe for low carb alfredo with zoodles too.
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo With Jar Sauce Quick & Easy
byPauline8th January 2021, 1:18 pm
If you have used an Instant Pot before, you know how simple it makes meal-making. Any pressure cooker will be able to reproduce the same meals using similar recipes, so keep that in mind. You dont have to have an Instant Pot to pull off Instant Pot recipes like chicken alfredo Instant Pot with jar sauce.
The warm comfort of alfredo chicken is made super simple with this recipe, and we just love how quickly the meal can be put together. Its a meal that could take well over an hour to make, if you were roasting the chicken and cooking up the noodles in a pot on the stove. Making the alfredo sauce from scratch is a process in itself too, and thats all fine if you have lots of time on your hands.
Most of us dont have much time these days, though. On the average weeknight, we may have an hour to prepare and eat supper before housework, phone calls, and other responsibilities are required of us. There just isnt usually time for an elaborate dinner, so something like this that can be made in an Instant Pot is a boon. It takes the stress out of dinner time and gives you more time for what you really want to do. Plus, it tastes amazing and is so simple to make that it is difficult to mess up.
With our recipe for Instant Pot chicken fettucine alfredo jar sauce, your dinner will be done in a flash and taste amazing- no fuss, no stress, and no hassle.
You May Like: How To Pressure Cook In Instant Pot
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
First, set your Pressure Cooker on your counter and plug it in. Find a safe spot that when you release the pressure, you have clearance above. Ive accidentally put mine right under a light fixture. And while nothing was broken, the glass fixture needed to be washed, haha!
Next, layer your ingredients in the order specified. This makes a difference. Start by adding your chicken broth, then heavy whipping cream, and fresh pressed garlic.
Do not stir. Next, break your fettuccine noodles in half. This helps them fit in the pressure cooker. Place them in your milk and broth mixture gently, moving around slightly until they are covered completely.
Top with 1 lb fresh chicken breast . Lay over the top (they dont need to be covered with liquid.;
Secure your lid and make sure your vent is turned to pressure .
Set your Instant Pot for Manual for 8 minutes. Allow it to come to pressure, then the timer will count down the 8 minutes.
Once the 8 minutes are done, allow it to NATURALLY release for an additional 8 minutes. Once that time is up, do a QUICK RELEASE.
Open carefully ! Remove the chicken . Then add the parmesan cheese. I use freshly shredded parmesan . Stir your noodles with the cheese, then add back your chicken. Salt and pepper, generously, to taste.
Allow it to sit for about 1 or 2 minutes to thicken if needed. This gives you enough time to call everyone to the table. ENJOY.
Looking For Some Dinner Conversation
Modern fettuccine Alfredo was invented by Alfredo di Lelio in;Rome.
The;original;dish was an extra-buttery version of an Italian standard, fettuccine al burro fettuccine with butter and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
According to family legend, in 1892 Alfredo di Lelio began to work in a restaurant that was located in piazza Rosa and run by his mother Angelina.
He made the classic pasta dish the first time for his wife, Ines, who was pregnant at the time.
Alfredos dish didnt gain attention until 1920, when two famous American actors, Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford , visited the restaurant while on their honeymoon who asked for the great recipe. That day it was made with fettuccine noodles.
Of course, every hero needs a rival and for Alfredo, its the self-claiming inventor of Fettuccine Alfredo, the Restaurant Alfredo alla Scrofa.
It should be noted that Fettuccine Alfredo is an American creation.
Also Check: How To Know When Instant Pot Is Done
Why Cook The Chicken Breast Whole
I cook the breast whole for convenience and moisture. Shredding chicken breast after cooking = less handling of raw chicken before cooking, which reduces cross-contamination. It also keeps juices in tact until you shred it. I do the same thing with my Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls.
Even though I haven’t had a problem with chicken reaching the proper internal temperature, I always recommend testing it for good measure. As you can see in this photo, this chicken breast hit 205Â°F after the 5 minute pressure cook cycle, which is well over the recommended 165Â°F.
Tips For Making Instant Pot Alfredo
- Do not substitute the cream with milk or half or half. I usually recommend against using dairy as your cooking liquid for pressure cooking. However, this recipe works because the heavy cream is diluted enough by the chicken broth to not burn. Cream has very little to no sugar in it , so it doesnt burn or curdle as easily.;
- Scatter the noodles as evenly as possible. Having anything clumped will make the noodles stick together and they will not cook evenly.
- Use shredded parmesan cheese. If you grew up using a green can of parmesan cheese on spaghetti like me, just remember to use that for red sauce or for topping. To make this Instant Pot Alfredo recipe, use freshly grated parmesan cheese, or pre-shredded parmesan cheese. It will incorporate better and taste better in the sauce.
- Slowly add the cheese. If you add cold cheese to boiling hot liquid, it will seize, curdle, or clump. For best results, stir the noodles after pressure cooking to release some of the heat and redistribute the sauce, then add the cheese slowly while mixing. Do not add frozen cheese to the dish .
Read Also: How To Cook Hoppin John In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Best Fettuccine Alfredo
The fact that it took me this long to share a recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo with you in unforgivable. But once you try this I have a feeling youll give me a pinch on the cheeks.
In true;Instant Pot;fashion, this one is just about as unconventional as it gets , but I can assure you that youve never EVER had an Alfredo as rich, cheesy, creamy or spectacular.
This ridiculously easy and quick recipe is beyond your wildest comfort food-eating dreams and, without question, takes Fettuccine Alfredo to the next level.;
Heres How I Made It! :;
Pour a broth of your choice into the Instant Pot.;
Then, grab some fettuccine.;
In batches, break it in half ;
and place in the pot.;
As you break the next batch;
layer it in a criss-cross fashion on top of the previous batch of noodles.;
Once all the noodles are added, DO NOT STIR. Simply press them down so theyre mostly submerged in the broth .;
Top it off with butter, secure the lid and cook at high pressure.;
When done, its gonna look like this with most of the broth absorbed by the pasta.;
Give it a stir to loosen it up and any noodles that may have stuck to each other should easily separate as you stir.;
Now, add in some MORE butter .;
and stir until melted into the noodles.;
And now its time to make this a dairy paradise! Pour in some cream;;
and pepper and garlic powder.;
Give it all a good stir until all the dairy combines and melds into a the ultimate Alfredo sauce!;
Fettuccini Alfredo Instant Pot
Heres how easy it is to make in your electric pressure cooker.
The basic steps to make Instant Pot chicken fettuccine alfredo are here.
Youll need to break your fettuccine noodles in half to fit them properly in your pot, I did the same thing when I make Instant Pot spaghetti.
- In my opinion it is easier to eat when they are a bit shorter anyway.
Now you can make this alfredo as thick or as thin as you want.
Use more or less half and half and/or cornstarch to adjust it to the thickness you desire.
- To add meat just put in shredded rotisserie chicken after the pressure cooking process is done.
Its super easy.
If you want to add shrimp on top here is how to defrost frozen Instant Pot shrimp, or cook fresh.
Our Instant Pot shrimp alfredo pasta is fabulous too with the same flavors as this fettuccine recipe but quicker and uses jarred sauce, both are great.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Beets In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Alfredo
Published: by Susie Weinrich · This post may contain affiliate links.
This Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Alfredo is not only SO easy to make in your electric pressure cooker, it is SO flavorful! The chicken broth adds depth to the alfredo sauce, the cream and parmesan are perfectly, well, creamy, and the lemon adds a bright acid note that makes this a 5 star recipe!! If you want to try pasta in your Instant Pot then I definitely recommend you start with this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo recipe!
If you do not have an Instant Pot you can absolutely make this recipe on the stove top. Just follow the instructions over at Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.
How To Make Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
Gather all the ingredients to make this quick meal.
Get your magical Instant Pot & add butter into it.
Add previously chopped garlic.
Add Fettuccine noodles and chicken broth.
Add some heavy cream & save some to add after a while.
Add pieces of chicken breasts.
Add the spices as mentioned in the recipe or according to your own taste.
Set the pot to High Pressure for 6 minutes.
Do a Quick Release;and add cheese.
Mix it all well so the cheese melts easily.
Dish out & enjoy
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Baked Potatoes In Instant Pot Duo