Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs 8 Qt Pressure Cooker Eggs
Enjoy! This recipe works great form making 12 hard boiled eggs in Instant Pot at one time, or you could make even more if room allows. Cooking hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot saves a lot of time when you want to boil eggs. Not only that, but Instant Pot hard boiled eggs are also super easy to peel.
Get more Instant Pot recipes in our and by following APressureCooker.com on , , and . Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!
What Ingredients Do I Need
The ingredient list is pretty simple when it comes to hard boiling eggs:
Pro Tip: To avoid cracked eggs, always start with room temperature eggs. ;It reduces the shock to the egg and your chance of having a crack after cooking. ;So set them out on the counter for about 30 minutes before you start your cooking.
How To Cook Eggs In A Pressure Cooker
Its spring, which means your hens are probably back to laying large amounts of eggs!; One way to enjoy your abundance of eggs is to hard boil them to make deviled eggs, egg salad, or even dye for Easter. Cooking eggs in the Instant Pot pressure cooker is quick and will yield a perfect egg every time! Trust me, this will become your go-to way from now on to make the perfect hard boil egg.
1: Pour 1 cup cold water into the Instant Pot. ;
2: Place your metal trivet into the pot and set your eggs onto the trivet.;;
I prefer to use the double tier egg rack, which fits 14 eggs.; The metal rack that came with your Instant Pot will work perfectly, or they also have a silicone option available too.;
3: Secure lid, select manual pressure and adjust to high pressure.; Your desired doneness will determine the time set. I personally like a soft boiled egg, so I set my Instant Pot for 3 minutes. For a hard-boiled egg, 5 minutes is perfect.
4: When finished cooking, do a quick release of the pressure.;;
5: Remove eggs from the Instant Pot and place in a bowl of ice water to cool for 5 minutes.;
6: Peel and enjoy!
Also Check: How Do I Use An Instant Pot
Instant Pot Poached Eggs
If youve tried poaching an egg before only to fail over and over, even , youre probably looking for an alternative. See, its not really that hard, and maybe sometimes you still yield edible results, but let the Instant Pot give you that perfect, cafe-worthy poach every time. The Yum Yum Factor uses silicone cups for this simple version that looks and tastes GREAT on a crisp piece of your favourite type of toast.
You can also try:;Eggs en Cocotte from The Organic Kitchen
How Do You Boil Eggs In Instant Pot
- Altitude: close to sea level
- Eggs: store-bought;Large eggs,;straight from the fridge
- Liquid:;1 cup of cold tap water
- Time:;High Pressure for 8 minutes &;Low Pressure for 12 minutes
- Pressure:;High Pressure ;& Low Pressure;
- Release Method: immediate Quick Release
- Cooking Method: on a steamer rack
*Pro Tip: If you want perfect;hard boiled;eggs, be mindful that every factor above affect the results of your eggs. If you change even the slightest thing, your results may differ.
Don’t Miss: How To Saute Vegetables In An Instant Pot
Why Do You Put Boiled Eggs In Ice Water
The idea of placing the eggs in ice cold water helps the eggs to peel easily, but it also prevents the discolored yolk. The strange color that sometimes forms around hard boiled yolks is a reaction of the sulfur in the egg white and the iron in the yolk . By placing the warm eggs in ice water, it stops the cooking process and helps to stop the discoloration.
Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
How to make perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. Cooking hard boiled eggs in your Instant Pot is quick, easy and hands-off.;
Hard boiled eggs were one of the first things that I cooked in my Instant Pot, and I immediately fell in love with these easy peel eggs. While boiling eggs on the stove is also simple, I love that the Instant Pot makes the process especially hands-off.
Also Check: How To Instant Pot Chicken Breast
How To Make Perfect Hard
I will never forget my first Easter I spent away from my family.
We were living in Georgia at the time and invited friends over for an Easter Egg hunt and Ham Dinner. While the ham and scalloped potatoes were delicious, the eggs were a complete disaster.
After coloring the eggs, our guests cracked a few open for a snack to find that they were not fully cooked!
But I used the same stove-top method for cooking hard-boiled eggs that I had for years. That method worked MOST of the time, but clearly, it was not fool-proof. And frankly, I became a bit fearful to ever cook hard-boiled eggs again–well at least for company!
How Many Eggs Can You Hard Boil In An Instant Pot
You can make just one egg, if thats all you need.
Or, you can make more than that, depending on how many you need.
Ive personally made as many as a dozen at a time.
If you want to make even more, this egg rack is handy for making as many as 18 eggs at a time, and keeping them in the rack will help prevent them from cracking.
Don’t Miss: How Long To Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot
What You Need For Poached Eggs In Instant Pot
- Eggs There is no limit to the number of eggs you can cook at a time.
- Water Need a bit of cold water to add to each individual mold as well as for the Instant Pot itself.
- Cooking spray A bit of cooking spray will help the eggs slice right out of the mold.
- Seasoning A sprinkling of Everything Bagel seasoning is delish! Salt and pepper are always a hit.
How Long Are Hard Boiled Eggs Good For
- Hard boiled eggs will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator when peeled, 7 days if unpeeled.
- Hard boiled eggs will last for up to 2 hours at room temperature.Â;So be sure that Easter Bunny doesn’t leave the eggs hidden too long!
- Hard boiled eggs do not freeze well! Cooked egg whites will become rubbery.
- You can freeze the cooked egg yolks if desired by placing cooked yolks freezer bag and freezing for up to 3 months.
You May Like: Does Walmart Sell Instant Pot
How To Peel Eggs
One of the major quandaries when troubleshooting this recipe was how to easily peel a hard-boiled egg once its cooked.
3 Tips for Easy-to-Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs:
- Ice Bath:; An ice bathimmediately after you finish cooking the eggs is crucial and ice them for at least 5 minutes!; The longer you ice them the easier they are to peel.
- Rolling it Out:; Hitting the rounded bottom of the egg and then vigorously rolling the egg resulted in an egg that was easier to peel.
- Running under Cold Water:; If your eggs are still being a bit tricky, run them under cold water while peeling.; Make sure the water runs between the egg white and the membrane so it helps to separate the two.
Some say old eggs are easier to peel.; If you happen to have some week or two-week-old eggs, go ahead and use those up.
If you dont, no problem!; In my dozens of egg trials, I did not see a huge difference.
Cooking Methods For Instant Pot Eggs
To make things as easy for you as possible, the methods shown are based on the size of the eggs. This way, you can be sure that your Instant Pot eggs will cook perfectly!
IMPORTANT COOKING NOTES:
You May Like: How Is Instant Pot Different From Crock Pot
Instant Pot Scrambled Eggs
While you probably wouldnt think to use your Instant Pot to scramble eggs, it is actually quite handy for this purpose. Whisk a few eggs with milk or cream, salt and pepper and use the Saute function of your Instant Pot to get those perfectly velvety scrambled eggs. The key is to give continue to stir the eggs as they will quick very cook and you dont want to overcook or burn them. Check out this handy Instant Pot scrambled eggs recipe from Fork To Spoon.
How To Make Hard Boiled Eggs In A Stove
- To cook eggs in a stove-top pressure cooker,; add 1 cup water to the cooker base.
- Place steamer basket or trivet with eggs.; Close the lid.
- Once the cooker reaches high pressure, typically with 1 whistle, reduce the heat to medium and set a 5 minute timer.
- Turn the heat off.; Wait another 5 minutes and then release the pressure by lifting the pressure weight.
- Open the lid.; Remove the eggs and soak them for 5 minutes in cold water with ice, to stop the cooking process.
- Since stove-top heat burners may have difference heat levels, it may take you 1-2 tries to master this style for the way you like your hard boiled eggs.
Use these boiled eggs to make thisEgg Biryani Recipe.
Read Also: How To Cook Chicken Breast In An Instant Pot
How To Cook Poached Eggs In Instant Pot
This foolproof guide to 10-minute Instant Pot poached eggs in egg bite mold allows you to cook as many as you want at a time. Check it out!
- Prepare mold and add egg: Spray your molds with cooking spray and add a tbsp of water. Crack an egg into each mold. If you are just using one tray, you dont need to cover it. If more than one, cover it.
- Add water and trivet: Add a cup of water to the Instant Pot and use the trivet with handles to place the molds inside the pot.
- Cook and release: Close the lid and set the valve to Sealing. Cook until poached eggs are done then immediately release the pressure. Remove the molds from the pot.
- Serve: Carefully going along the walls of each mold, gently remove the eggs onto a plate. Serve with a simple seasoning of salt and pepper or Everything Bagel Seasoning and a generous helping of delicious Ukrainian potatoes.
How To Make Pressure Cooker Eggs
Are you ready to see how easy these eggs are to make? You are looking at three steps:
Don’t Miss: Can I Put Glass Bowl In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Vs Stovetop
One of the primary benefits of cooking your eggs in the Instant Pot is that it is a science, not an art.
There is no guessing or eye balling when the water is at the right temperature, wondering when you should set the timer.
Nope, boiling eggs in the Instant Pot is as simple as putting your eggs in a basket, pressing a few buttons, and then waiting for it to do its magic!
Additional Delicious And Easy Instant Pot Recipes
If you love cooking in the Instant Pot as much as I do, then you’ll want to check out these other great Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Salmon;is a delicious, healthy and popular dinner choice.
Looking for a great dish to go with that awesome salmon? How about making;Instant Pot Heirloom Potato Salad?
And let’s not forget about a sweet and tasty;dessert! Try this recipe for;easy and colorful;Instant Pot Orange Creamsicle Cake.
Also Check: Are Instant Pot Lids Dishwasher Safe
Finally Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs:
The instant pot is the best way to Hard Boil Farm-Fresh Eggs because they are easy to peel. I used to hate boiling my Moms fresh eggs because half of the whites were lost with the shell after peeling. They were a mess and so ugly for deviled eggs. The instant pot is by far the best way to hard boil fresh farm eggs because cooking the eggs in a pressure cooker makes them easy to peel.
High Pressure Or Low Pressure
We tested cooking Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs again using both High Pressure and Low Pressure to see which method gives the best results.
Maybe because our eggs are not farm fresh, and perhaps we have picky palates
When we use High Pressure to cook hard boiled eggs in Instant Pot, though the eggs are beautifully cooked with egg whites & yolks fully set, the texture of the egg whites are;slightly chalky.
Note: You may not notice the texture difference with fresh eggs, but it gets noticeable with older eggs.
Yes! Were still fans of Low Pressure Eggs!
Some of our dear readers have been emailing or messaging us asking for alternatives, as their Instant Pot or pressure cookers doesnt have the Low Pressure Setting.
Plus, what adjustments should be made using;Large Eggs?
So, this recipe is really our Eggsperiments mini-Extension Pack for our dear readers. Here we go~
You May Like: How Long To Cook Fava Beans In Instant Pot
Tips For Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
Tips For The Best Instant Pot Eggs:
- Timings below are for large eggs. For medium eggs, reduce cook time by 1 minute and increase by 1 minute for extra large eggs.
- Start with refrigerated eggs.
- Its ok to stack eggs on the rack, but eggs should not touch the water or walls of the instant pot.
- Transfer cooked eggs to a bowl of ice water right away to prevent overcooking.
- We use a 6 Qt 7-in-1 Instant Pot Duo. You may need to experiment timings using a smaller or larger pressure cooker.
Recommended Reading: How To Set Instant Pot On High Pressure
How To Hard Boil Eggs:
How to make hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot? Super simple.
*Ive only tested the cooking time;for a 6-quart Instant Pot. It may vary with different sizes/brands of pressure cookers.