Tips For These Instant Pot Recipes
- Use lean ground beef to reduce fat content
- ground turkey can be substituted in many of these recipes
- Forgot to thaw your meat? You can easily thaw and cook your ground beef in the Instant Pot.
If you are looking for some healthy ground beef recipes that are made in the instant pot, youre in the right place!
Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
Ground beef is a popular and versatile ingredient you can use to create many delicious dishes. Its a budget-friendly type of beef that is quick and easy to cook.
is live! Also, Check out Our Handpicked Instant Pot Accessories
Whether youre looking for easy instant pot ground beef recipes, kid-friendly or healthy instant pot ground beef recipes, try these delicious recipes developed and tested in Amy + Jackys Test Kitchen!
Check out what to make with ground beef in Instant Pot below! Have fun cooking and enjoy these delicious ground beef dinner ideas.
Our fans have voted this Umami Chili as one of their favorite and best instant pot ground beef recipes!
Were super grateful that many of you have won chili competitions and cookoffs with this recipe.
Made with our Secret Ingredients, bursting with layers of flavors. Done in an hour yet it tastes like it was cooked all day on the stove.
Troubleshooting And Timing For Instant Pot Ground Beef
- I have tested this recipe out with 1 and 2 pounds of ground beef that was frozen in a ¾ to 1-inch block . If you want to cook meat from a frozen tube, you will need to increase cooking time. I would start with increasing the time to 25 minutes.
- I would not recommend cooking more than 3-4 pounds of frozen meat at a time. Doing so, would overcrowd your Instant Pot and therefore would cause it to take forever to reach pressure. Not only is this time-consuming, it potentially could be dangerous if you have frozen meat hanging out long waiting to cook.
- To cook 3-4 pounds of meat, increase the time by 5 minutes per pound for frozen meat.
- Be sure to completely remove packaging from frozen meat BEFORE cooking–you don’t want any wax, paper, or lining left on the meat before cooking.
- In all my tests, it has never taken longer than 11 minutes to reach pressure for this recipe for frozen ground beef in the instant pot. The average time was 7 minutes.
- Pro-Tip: Freeze your meat in 1 inch thick slabs so that the meat will cook evenly in the instant pot.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Dry Beans In An Instant Pot
Instant Pot Cottage Pie
Ok so these two terms are kinda synonymous. If you say either one most people will picture the same dish. The biggest difference is the type of protein that is used.
Back in the day ground lamb was used, only. You can certainly do the same but that is much more expensive than beef for sure so nowadays turkey or ground beef are bought.
As for the best potatoes for Shepherds pie I think russet is the best. They are high in starch which makes them into creamy garlic mashed potatoes or plain if youd rather. Red are firmer and take a bit longer to get super tender to mash and Yukon just dont have the flavor I feel good old fashioned Idaho taters do.
If you want to take it a step further and brown the top youd want a 9×9 or 8×8 pan to layer it and throw it under the broiler. You could add some shredded cheese to the top too for added YUM.
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Pasta
Youll get the best combination of Mexican food and Italian food with this dish. Its perfect for a night when youre craving something a little bit different.
Just be sure to have some sour cream and avocado on hand to top it off but this cheesy beef enchilada pasta is perfect for the instant pot slow cooker.
Also Check: What Size Instant Pot For Family Of 5
How Do You Choose The Best Ground Beef
There are different types of ground beef you can choose from when making these dishes. Ground beef can range from 4%-30% fat content and will vary in taste and texture.
Youll find it packaged at your local supermarket as:
- Regular Ground Beef: While being the most flavorful, this ground beef is the fattiest containing up to 30 percent fat. This ground beef is very greasy and can become mushy after cooking. It can also shrink significantly during cooking. I rarely use this kind at home.
- Ground Chuck: If you want a tender, moist ground beef with great flavor, then I recommend using this one. Ground chuck is significantly less fatty than regular ground beef as it contains 15 to 20 percent fat.
- Ground Round: This one is less flavorful and drier than the previous options, ground round contains 10 to 20 percent fat. I only recommend using this meat when cooking together with vegetables or into sauces.
- Ground Sirloin: This ground beef only contains 7 to 10 percent fat, cooks tender and is very flavorful. This one is only a bit drier and just slightly less flavorful than ground chuck. This is the one I prefer using for most dishes. Ground sirloin offers the best balance of great flavor and less fat.
- Extra Lean Ground Beef: If you are restricting your fat intake, then youll want to use this one. Extra lean ground beef can contain as little as 4% fat.
What Goes Good With Shepherds Pie
I mean if you ask me this whole thing is a complete meal. You have protein, vegetables and your starch on the top. If you felt like you needed something cool on the side I would probably serve up a side salad since everyone here loves that. More veggies is always a win of course, or homemade rolls.
How to save leftovers: If you dont eat this in one sitting it saves quite well actually. I would transfer it out of this dish since you likely wont have a lot left and into a sealed container. Then store in the fridge and when youre ready to reheat move it to a microwave safe dish.
Heat in 30 second increments until warmed to the center. If you wanted to add some cheddar cheese to the top, add that after 1.5 minutes and heat for about 20 to melt. That is my favorite way to eat this the next day for lunch, if my husband doesnt get to it first.
Also Check: How Long To Cook Tortellini In Instant Pot
+ Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
June 2, 2019 by Sandy
I have put my Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes all together in this collection, so you can be inspired to make something delicious!
If you have ever stood in your kitchen staring at a pound of hamburger, wondering what Instant Pot recipes you can make with ground beef, then this collection is for you!
These pressure cooker ground beef recipes are delicious and easy to make. I tried to give you a nice variety of the most popular Instant Pot ground beef recipes to choose from. I will add to this list as new pressure cooker ground beef recipes are added to the blog.
Originally published May 6, 2018
How To Cook Ground Beef In The Instant Pot
You can actually cook ground beef from frozen!
Place your trivet in the Instant Pot. Pour in one cup of water. Place your frozen beef on top of the trivet.
Put the lid on and turn the knob to sealing. Push the Manual Button, or pressure cook button and set the time for 25 minutes.
Once the timer is done, let it release on its own for 10-15 minutes. Turn the knob to let any more steam out.
Take your meat out of the Instant Pot and place in a bowl. Cut or chop the meat up.
You can freeze the meat in freezer bags for up to 3 months in your freezer.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Country Style Ribs In Instant Pot
Important Tips For Making A Tender Sloppy Joe Sauce
Tossing the beef with baking soda before you start cooking helps keep the beef tender and juicy as it cooks under pressure. Youll also add baking soda to the skillet with the onion when it starts cooking. This helps the onion break down so the flavor infuses into the entire dish.
If you decide to use 90% lean ground beef, expect it to be a little less tender.
Remember that the mixture will thicken as it cools!
Tips For Best Instant Pot Stroganoff
- Ground beef: I would recommend draining the fat from ground beef during browning, especially if youre using anything more than lean ground beef.
- Undercooked pasta: If pasta appears undercooked or you like very soft pasta, close the lid and let stroganoff sit for 10 mins. The heat will cook the pasta further.
- To double the recipe: You can double the recipe for Instant Pot hamburger stroganoff, keeping the same cooking time, if you are cooking with an 8-quart pressure cooker. If you have 6 quarts or anything smaller, I would not recommend doubling the recipe. Instead, cook in 2 batches if you need to.
Don’t Miss: Can You Put Frozen Chicken In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Shepherds Pie
You can see the ingredients we used to make this batch above. Of course the seasonings would be up to you. If your granny made it back in the day you may have a secret sauce you use so go with that of course. Here are a few questions you might have before you get everything out and get going on this
Why is my Shepherds pie so runny?
You want the insides to be creamy and thick. To do this, drain the meat once it is cooked. Then add a bit of flour or cornstarch with the meat and veggies to thicken to your liking.
Can I bake a pie in my Ninja Foodi?
I mean cottage pie isnt really pie per say but in this case yes you can. We have air fried frozen pot pie too, you could use the bake function and bake another type if you wanted too. SO yes you could.
Like I said, you dont even have to set it to saute at the beginning and cook the meat. Instead just break it up and leave it on the bottom with the trivet and russets set on the top. You could leave some of the skins on for texture and fiber but if you want the top real smooth it is better to just remove the skins at the beginning.
Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
Seriously, why make Sloppy Joes with that store-bought canned mix when you can whip it up from scratch in 30 minutes or less with fresh ingredients?
Simply start by cooking your onions, peppers, beef, and garlic in the pot, then add everything else and let the Instant Pot do its thing.
You can toast your buns while its cooking.
It doesnt get much easier or yummier than that.
With chunks of juicy ground beef, tender veggies like onions, potatoes, celery, and tomatoes, and plenty of herbs and seasonings, this hamburger soup is ideal for cold winter nights.
Its well seasoned and perfect for sopping up with slices of bread, as well.
Also Check: How To Make Wild Rice In Instant Pot
Easy Ground Beef Recipes
I have a huge list of really cheap Instant Pot recipes that is really popular, all of them cost $10 or less to make and serve a family of 5 easily.
We love our pressure cooker stroganoff recipe here. All you need is a bit of salt and pepper for seasoning.
Can You Put Frozen Meat In An Instant Pot
Do Expect Cook Times to Vary: A frozen piece of meat will not only take longer to cook, but it will also take longer for the Instant Pot to come to pressure. Because of this, be prepared to add a few extra minutes to your overall cook time. This will ensure that the protein cooks evenly and thoroughly.
Instant Pot Meatloaf And Potatoes
Get the southern home cooking youve always wanted with this delicious instant pot meatloaf and potatoes. The meatloaf is cooked right in the gravy so its extra moist and flavorful.
The potatoes are also cooked in the gravy so theyre soft and creamy. Its a hearty meal that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Ninja Foodi Ground Beef Recipes
I am a busy mom of 3 who works full time and I dont have more than 30 minutes total to cook much of anything. With this magic pot of sorts you too can have dinner on the table every single night with very little prep work or intervention in between.
Just throw it all in to these dump and go one pot meals and it will be ready to serve for kids and adults alike.
- That is why I am in love with my Instant Pot!
- These are just a few favorite Instant Pot kids recipes on our blog.
If youre new to using this clever device go ahead and read my post on how to use an Instant Pot first and then come back here.
Also Check: What Is The New Instant Pot
How To Pressure Cook Frozen Ground Beef
- Pour cold tap water into the bottom of the inner pot. Use 1 cup for a 3 or 6 quart instant pot and 1.5 cups for an 8-quart model. Then place in a metal trivet or rack inside the inner pot.
- Place the frozen ground beef on your trivet, and seal the instant pot closed with vent closed. Be sure all plastic, styrofoam, or any other packaging is completely removed from the frozen meat. If not, run undercold water until you can remove the packaging.
- Place the lid on the inner pot and seal. Set to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes for a 1-inch thick slab of frozen meat.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Check the temperature with a meat thermometer–it should be at least 160 degrees. If it is not, seal again and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. *See my notes at end of the post to troubleshoot why your meat would need longer to cook.
- Carefully remove the meat from the instant pot and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Discard the cooking liquid and fat that drained off beef.
- Use a spatula to break up the ground meat and use just as you would for any recipe calling for browned or cooked ground beef.
Instant Pot Taco Soup
If you like thick, chunky soups with lots of flavor and a bit of spice, then taco soup is the dish for you.
It has practically everything you could want in a heaping plate of taco salad, but its soup.
Theres ground beef, onions, garlic, corn, black beans, chili beans, diced tomatoes, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, and whatever toppings you like best.
Pile enough chips, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and other things on top, and itll be hard to tell that its not taco salad.
Don’t Miss: How To Let Instant Pot Naturally Release
Hearty Instant Pot Bolognese Sauce
Made with ground beef, a Bolognese sauce is so versatile that it can be used over pasta, or you can turn the leftovers into other dishes. You can even adapt it to your dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, or even vegan. The Instant Pot seals in all the flavors without you having to stand over the hot stove all day.
Best Instant Pot Recipes Ground Beef
What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 best instant pot recipes ground beef that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
Read Also: How To Make Yogurt Instant Pot
Which Recipe Is Your Familys Favorite Hamburger Recipe For The Instant Pot
ahh, Im so glad you asked! :). We really enjoy the Meatloaf and Potatoes as well as the Ground Beef Stroganoff. Id say those are definitely 2 of our absolute favorites from this list.
Id love to know what yours is, too, even if its not on this list. Leave me a comment below to share what your favorite ground beef recipe is!
Im hoping you will find some family favorites out of these 30 plus Instant Pot recipes with ground beef. We really enjoy most of the recipes on this list! Be sure to sign up to receive a free Freezer to Instant Pot One Week Meal Plan. Itll make your meal planning this week so much easier!
For a bit of a Mexican food flare, try this delicious Enchilada Pasta ground beef pressure cooker recipe. Top it with some sour cream to finish the taste and youll be happy you stayed home and cooked for dinner tonight! This dish is perfect for a quick meal when you know youll be on the go.
I love using ground beef Instant Pot recipes! Not only is this dish just plain delicious, its also so easy to dump and go.putting it all on automatic in the pressure cooker! Even my kids love this Chlil Mac recipe, which is a HUGE win for me.
Using this delicious ground meat Instant Pot recipe youll realize that Instant Pot Taco Meat is an easy way to make Taco Tuesdays happen with ease. Of course, any night could be taco night, if youre anything like us!