More About Jasmine Rice Pilaf Instant Pot Recipes
INSTANT POT BEEF AND RICE PILAF – OLGA’S FLAVOR
FromEstimated Reading Time
- Turn on the Instant Pot. Using the Saute function on the Instant Pot, adjust the heat to More. Add the oil and when the oil is hot, brown the beef in batches, until golden brown on both sides.
- Dont crowd the beef. If you add too much beef, it will begin to steam and you wont get a sear on the meat. As you brown on batch of meat, remove it from the Instant Pot and set it aside in another bowl. If the bottom of the Instant Pot starts to burn, pour in a bit of water, scrape out the burned bit, pour out the water, wipe out the inner chamber and start again.
- When you start a new batch of beef browning in the Instant Pot, add a bit more oil, enough to cover the bottom of the pot, and heat it up until the oil is shimmering again before adding the beef. This should happen very quickly.
- When you have browned all the beef , add more oil, if needed, heat it again and add the onions, carrots and garlic. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
FLUFFY INSTANT POT RICE PILAF RECIPE – BAKE ME SOME SUGAR
FromEstimated Reading Time
INSTANT POT TURMERIC JASMINE RICE
FromEstimated Reading Time
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY INSTANT POT JASMINE RICE | DIETHOOD
SIMPLE AUTUMN RICE PILAF | DONTWASTETHECRUMBS.COM
FromEstimated Reading Time
INSTANT POT RICE PILAF – LIFE MADE SIMPLE
Golden Rules For Cooking Perfect Instant Pot Rice :
- Cooking Time : High Pressure for;3 minutes and 10 minutes Natural Release.
- Water-to-Rice Ratio: 1 cup of cold water for 1 cup of white rice
- Instant Pot users: take note that the rice measuring cup that comes with the Instant Pot is only 180 ml
These golden rules must be followed strictly for the best results.
Jasmine Rice Pilaf Instant Pot Recipes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
|1 large shallot, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds|
|3 cups low-sodium chicken broth|
|One 3-inch-long piece orange zest, removed with a vegetable peeler|
|1/2 cinnamon stick|
|1/3 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped|
|1 scallion, thinly sliced|
- 1. Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots, cumin and salt. Cook, stirring, until the shallots are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the rice until the grains are well coated with the buttery shallot mixture.
- 2. Add the broth, orange zest and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, discarding the zest and cinnamon stick. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the cashews and scallions.
The Key To Perfect Instant Pot Rice
The key to making perfect rice in the Instant Pot is matching the type of rice with the appropriate amount of water and cooking time. Sounds simple right? Heres the catch: because pressure cooking releases less steam than conventional;stove-top or electric rice cookers, you actually need less water. To make perfect Instant Pot jasmine white rice, use a rice to water ratio of 1:1; That means for every 1 cup jasmine white rice, use 1 cup water. This amount is about 25% less water than you typically use when making rice in a rice cooker.;When I made my first Instant Pot rice, I used the same water ratio as for my rice cooker. The results: mushy rice. Doh!
Rinse White Jasmine Rice
- Rinse white Jasmine Rice: Measure the white Jasmine rice and than add it in a bowl along with lots of water, with the help of your fingers rub the rice and rinse it well. Drain the cloudy water, refill the bowl with more water and repeat the process until you get absolutely clear water. This will help rinse out the surface starch from the rice and make it fluffy and non mushy.
- Drain the rinsed rice: Once clear water runs through drain the rinsed rice with the help of a metal colander and allow the excess water drain out completely. This is important!
Read Also: Instant Pot Display Burn
How To Cook Brown Rice In The Instant Pot
How Long Do You Cook Jasmine Rice In The Instant Pot
Depending on how you like your rice, 4-6 minutes works best. If you like firmer rice, 4 minutes is perfect. Want something a little softer, then 6 minutes is your best bet. I find 5 minutes makes the perfect texture every single time.
A 10-minute natural release produces the best results, but Ill be honest that most of the time I do a quick release and still love the rice. No matter how long you cook it, and how much rice you make, keep a 1:1 ratio of rice to liquid. For every 1 cup of rice you use, youll need 1 cup of broth or water.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Sushi Rice Instant Pot
Do You Need To Wash Or Rinse Jasmine Rice
It is definitely recommended to rinse rice before cooking because it helps remove dirt and debris in the rice and also remove excess starch on the grains. Make sure to note that if your jasmine rice is made with enriched nutrients like iron, niacin, or folic acid, washing too much of your rice will wash away these nutrients.;
Can I Add Seasoning To The Rice
My favorite Instant Pot method for cooking jasmine rice is to replace the water with seasoned stock.
To make a stock simply combine your favorite seasonings and spices with water. Cook this mix in the Instant Pot with the rest of the recipe.
If you want, you can use jasmine rice to make Instant Pot fried rice, by adding carrots, peas and eggs.
Read Also: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
How To Cook Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
STEP 1 : To make perfect jasmine rice in the Instant Pot, add the rice to a bowl with just enough cold water to cover the rice. Then rinse it several times until the water becomes clear, and drain.
Soaking is not necessary!
Note: less water is needed to cookthe bestjasmine rice in the pressure cooker.
STEP 2 : Add rinsed and drained rice to the Instant Pot and pour the water in. You will need 1 ¼ cups of water to every 1 cup of dried rice.
Stir in the salt and the oil. Lock the lid, turn the valve to sealing, and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Depending on your model, you may have to either use the manual function or press the rice button and adjust the time manually.
It takes about 6 minutes for the pressure cooker to come to pressure.
STEP 3 : When the cook time comes to an end, wait for 5 minutes and then do a quick release.
Then fluff the Instant Pot jasmine rice with a fork and serve while it is hot.
Do I Have To Use Water
You can also use chicken broth for instant pot jasmine rice if you want some extra flavor. The method is for 1:1 liquid -to-rice, I have also used a little coconut milk mixed in with the water this gives a nice variation. See our yellow rice recipe.
So to answer the question – you can substitute some or all of the water you use for another liquid.
Also, other top tips for fragrant rice is to use kaffir lime – just a little or normal lime juice, mirin, or even ketchup manis soy sauce.
Garnish with diced cilantro, green onions or butter parsley is great also.
Also Check: Food Burn Instant Pot
How Long To Cook Jasmine Rice In An Instant Pot
The Instant Pot really shines when it comes to staples like rice. According to Instant Pot, jasmine rice should be cooked on high pressure for 3 to 5 minutes. But keep in mind to factor in the time it takes for the Instant Pot to build pressure, and to naturally release the pressure once the timer is up. If you’re using another brand of electric pressure cooker, be sure to refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.;
How To Make Jasmine Rice In Instant Pot
1) Wash the rice till water runs clear;then add rice in the inner pot of the instant pot pressure cooker.
2) Add water and salt then cover the pot safely with it’s lid. Turn the valve into sealing position.
3) Set instant pot to manual pressure cook 4 minutes and when done, do 10 minutes natural pressure release.
4) When instant pot is depressurised, open the instant pot pressure cooker.
5) Fluff rice and serve.
Don’t Miss: Insta Pot Tamales
How To Make Rice In Instant Pot
Here are step-by-step instructions for making medium-grain and long-grain white rice such as Basmati or Jasmine rice. We used Instant Pot Duo Nova 6-quart pressure cooker for this recipe.;
Step 1. Prepare the ingredients. Wash the rice under cold water 4-5 times to remove excess starch. This will result in fluffier, most separated cooked rice. Use your hand to rub the rice underwater. Strain and add rinsed rice to the inner pot.
Step 2. Add water and salt and stir. Pop the lid on top, secure and lock in place.;
Step 3. If using classic Instant Pot Duo, check that the steam release handle is pointing to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook button . Make sure the pressure level is set to HIGH and use and + buttons to adjust the time to 4 minutes. If you need to change from LOW to HIGH, press Pressure Level to toggle between settings.; You can leave the Keep Warm default setting on.;
After 3 beeps, the display will show ON and two status icons at the top indicating that the pot is heating up and the pressure is building. This will take about 5 minutes.;
Step 4. Once pressure is built up, the cooking timer of 4 minutes will display. The float valve on the lid will also rise up as the pressure is built up. Once the cooking timer is done, the Keep Warm cycle will begin with a new 00:00 timer. During this stage, the Instant Pot will start to depressurize and cool down. Leave it undisturbed for 3-4 minutes to release some of the pressure naturally.;
Perfect Instant Pot Basmati Rice Experiment
We conducted 5;tests with Indian basmati;rice using different amounts of liquid, cooking time, and pressure release methods in our;Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker. Find the full experiment details and results;below the recipe.
Since were al dente fans, our perfect Indian basmati rice is Test 3s results;fully cooked, firm with a bite, yet has a tint of softness. But if you prefer softer basmati rice, follow Test 5s;ratios and pressure cooking methods.
- Softer Rice: If you enjoy softer rice, increase the;liquid amount rather than cooking time.
- Rinsing the Rice:;If youre rinsing the rice, itll throw off the rice-to-water ratio. So, be sure to;reduce 3 tablespoons of water from the 1 cup of water stated in the recipe.
Read Also: Cook Frozen Ground Beef In Instant Pot
How To Rinse Jasmine Rice
It’s important to note that you should not soak jasmine rice. You only need to rinse it till water runs clear before cooking. Steps for washing are:
- Measure rice in a bowl and add warm water. Rinse and drain.
- Repeat above step at least 2 more times or till water run clears.
- Drain rice and its ready to be cooked.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Jasmine Rice
Rice is a staple in so many cuisines because it literally goes with EVERYTHING. If there’s no other grain or pasta in the dish, rice can totally get in the mix.
Skip the stovetop completely and make these cauliflower taco bowls in the air fryer!
Make Mexican night memorable with tofu sofritas bowls. You can even add a little lime juice and cilantro to the pot after cooking for a copycat Chipotle burrito bowl.
Love carbs? I’m with you. These vegan burritos are stuffed with rice, cheese, beans, corn, and peppers for a super flavorful meatless burrito.
Also Check: Ground Beef Instant Pot Frozen
Types Of Jasmine Rice To Use
Jasmine rice is a type of long grain rice and it comes in white and brown varieties. Unlike other variations of rice like short grain or medium grain rice, jasmine rice is plump and only slightly sticky due to the low levels of amylopectin. This starch determines the stickiness between the rice grains after cooking.;
The difference between white and brown jasmine rice is the same as other varieties, meaning the latter still has the bran intact and will have an even less sticky consistency after cooking and may have nuttier notes of flavor and aroma.;
Its typically grown in areas like South East Asia like Thailand. Specifically, jasmine rice made from Thailand that is labeled hom mali is the highest grade of jasmine rice and has the strongest aroma. Its no coincidence that some of the best dishes to pair with jasmine rice come from Thailand, like Thai Panang curry, Thai basil fried rice, and pad Thai.;
Instant Pot Setting & Cooking Time
Rice is primarily cooked in the instant pot at a preset LOW pressure for 12 minutes. But jasmine rice is softer, and though you can use this preset for it as well, it may come out gooey than needed. So, its best to use the Manual/Pressure Cook settings for jasmine rice at about three to four minutes. After this time, an additional ten minutes is allowed for the instant pot to release pressure naturally. Also, whether releasing the valve or removing the lid of the pressure cooker, be sure to protect yourself from the steam. Try using a long wooden spoon to adjust the pressure valve.
Recommended Reading: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Rice Usually Fails To Cook In A Few Ways:
- Too watery: this means your rice is under-cooked.
- Hard, chewy, or burnt: this means you didnt add enough water or its overcooked.
- Too mushy and sticky: this means you added way too much water.
So, the water-to-rice ratios and the cooking times are the utmost important factors for making;perfectly cooked rice.;Every grain is different though.
Ways To Serve Instant Pot Coconut Rice:
Its a perfect compliment to Asian-inspired dishes.
Im even toying around with trying to make an Instant Pot Mango Rice as a dessert, so keep your eyes open for that one.
Recommended Reading: Cook Frozen Hamburger Meat
How To Cook Jasmine Rice In A Pressure Cooker
Storing Jasmine Rice
Store your unused jasmine rice in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Properly refrigerated jasmine rice will last up to 4-6 days. Discard any cooked jasmine rice that has been at room temperature for 2 hours or more.
How To Reheat Jasmine Rice
Reheating in the microwave – Place leftover jasmine rice into a microwave safe bowl and add 1 tablespoon of water for each 1 cup of cooked jasmine rice. Stir the rice using a fork, and break up any clumps in the rice. Cover most of the bowl with cling film, leaving an area for the steam to vent. Or cover with a paper towel . Depending on your portion size, 1 – 2 minutes on high in the microwave should reheat your rice. Be careful of steam and when handling hot dishes!
P.S. The perfect use for any leftover jasmine rice is my easy fried rice!!
Does Jasmine Rice Cook The Same As Other Rice
Depending on the type and variety of rice you are cooking, each variety will cook differently from jasmine rice. White short grain rice will cook longer in the Instant Pot than jasmine rice, but in the microwave they cook in the same timeframe . You can cook any rice in different methods and still get plump and tasty rice: jasmine rice on the stovetop and rice cooker, white rice in a rice cooker, short grain rice in an Instant Pot, white rice in the microwave, brown rice in the microwave, and brown rice in an Instant Pot.
You May Like: Instant Pot Hot Message