Instant Pot Caramelized Onions
Caramelized onions typically require a great deal of attention and time, as the low and slow cooking provide a perfectly tender and golden brown result. But thanks to the Instant Pot®, this typically labor-intensive recipe because an achievable weeknight dish. These sweet and jammy onions are the perfect accompaniment to sandwiches, grain bowls and more.
Get the Recipe: Instant Pot Caramelized Onions
A Quick Recap Of Key Cooking Stages
As we discussed in this post, there are three key phases to cooking in the Instant Pot. Once you add all ingredients and liquids, secure and lock the lid and choose your setting and time, the following things happen:
Instant Pot Red Beans And Rice
Reddit user Midasgoldentouch posted their favorite summer slow cooker recipe to the r/SlowCooking page writing: “Can’t go wrong with a nice pot of red beans and rice.”
Read Also: How To Cook Black Beans In Instant Pot
Whats Up With All Those Knobs And Buttons
I know, there are so many. Good news! You can ignore most of them. I use my Instant Pot nearly every day, and Ive never touched the Rice, Porridge, or Soup buttons. I do, however, make rice, porridge and soup in my IP all the time, just by programming it manuallywhich you need to know in any case.
For now, were focusing on the buttons you need for most pressure cooking recipes. If it helps, just get masking tape and cover up those other buttons so that you only focus on the buttons needed for our test drive:
- On the Instant Pot Duo: the Low Pressure and High Pressure buttons, the +/- Cooking Time buttons, the Manual button, and the Keep Warm/Cancel button.
- On the Instant Pot Ultra: Cancel and Start buttons and the central knob
The Instant Pot Pasta Formula
To cook any type of pasta perfectly in the Instant Pot :
But theres no need to do all that math. Just use the chart below:
**0 is a real setting on the Instant Pot / pressure cooker. For small pasta shapes with a short recommended cook time, set the timer to zero minutes. The pressure cooker will fully pressurize but wont hold for any amount of time.
Don’t Miss: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Instant Pot Vs Slow Cooker 2021: Top Full Review & Guide
406 People Used
Slow Cook in the Instant Pot
How to Use the Instant Pot as a Slow Cooker | Instant…
Instant Pot Slow Cooker Pot Roast
3 EASY FREEZER MEALS For Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
Slow Cooker Pot Roast – Instant Pot Recipes – Slow…
15 EASY FREEZER MEALS For Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
Instant Pot Slow Cooker Mustard BBQ Pulled Pork
5 Instant Pot Freezer Meals | Cook from FROZEN in Your…
SLOW COOKING – Instant Pot vs Crock Pot | Kravings
How to Slow Cook in Your Instant Pot
Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Beans
How to Use Instant Pot as SLOW COOKER
How to Use you Instant Pot as a Slow Cooker
INSTANT POT vs. SLOW COOKER – Which should YOU get??
12 Simple FREEZER MEALS For Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
How to Make Beans in the Slow Cooker or Instant Pot…
SLOW COOKER vs. INSTANT POT vs. MULTI-COOKER
3 EASY Instant Pot Dinners Freezer…
Instant Pot Slow Cooker Cowboy Stew
Instant Pot – Chicken & Dressing – Slow Cooker Setting
How To Make Vegetarian Chili in the Instant Pot (Slow…
Instant Pot Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork – Dump and Go…
How to use your Instant Pot as a Slow Cooker: Spoiler…
Instant Pot Duo Gourmet Slow Cook Chicken Enchiladas
Instant Pot Crack Chicken – Slow Cooker
12 EASY FREEZER MEALS for Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
Health News Updates | Don’t Use Your Instant Pot as a…
Instant Pot Slow Cooker Beef and Guinness Stew
Split Pea Soup – Slow Cooker Recipes – Instant Pot…
How To Make Bone Broth In A Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
How To Cook Dry Beans In The Instant Pot
My goal for the next few months is to share 1-2 Instant Pot recipes a month. Many reader friends are new Instant Pot owners, and I want to help you feel confident using your new appliance.
For many meals, the Instant Pot isnt necessarily a faster way to cook . The appeal of the Instant Pot for these meals is the hands-off time it provides the cook.
Now there are a number of recipes that shorten the overall cooking time when you make them in the Instant Pot. Soup is one meal that takes less time to make in the Instant Pot than on the stove-top or in the slow-cooker. This chicken and rice soup is the perfect example. Raw chicken, uncooked rice, and veggies are fully cooked into a creamed soup in under 30 minutes.
Beans are another great example of a meal that can be made quickly in the Instant Pot.
Dry beans are a very time-consuming ingredient to prepare and cook. First, theres the soaking step, which does help with digestion . Then, after about 12 hours of soaking, the beans are ready to be cooked for hours in the slow-cooker or on the stove-top. The Instant Pot just laughs at this laborious task and says, Let me show you just how quick and easy it can be to cook dry beans.
Also Check: Does Walmart Sell Instant Pot
Whole Wheat / Alternative Pasta
There is no need to make any adjustment to the formula if using whole wheat or alternative pasta. Because this method of cooking pasta is based on the recommended cook time on the package, any type of pasta can be cooked this way.;
We tested this method with several varieties of whole wheat pasta and with several varieties of alternative pasta .
Instant Pot Mac And Cheese
A kid favorite this Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is easy to make in one pot and made healthier with just 1 cup of cheese! Its a hands off recipe, making it perfect for any party you might serve it at.
Ready in 30 minutes and without a springform pan! You will love this easy to make Instant Pot Lasagna. Layers of pasta, spinach and sauce topped with melty cheese and you will never be baking lasagna in the oven again.
You May Like: How To Cook Brown Rice In Instant Pot
Grab This Instant Pot That Can Air Fry For Its Lowest Priceyour Browser Indicates If You’ve Visited This Link
In the US, Amazon has slashed 20% off the price of the InstantPot Duo Crisp and Air Fryer, reducing it to $159.95 from $199.99. While this isn’t the lowest price we’ve seen for the InstantPot, which has the ability to air fryer on top of all its other cooking methods,
TechRadar on MSN.com
Ingredients For Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- ~2 pounds well marbled chuck roast steak, 2 inches thick
Heat up your pressure cooker
- Instant Pot: press Sauté button and click Adjust button to go to Sauté More function
Make sure your pot is as hot as it can be when you place the chuck roast steak in the pot
- Instant Pot: wait until the indicator says HOT
*Pro Tip: This promotes maillard reaction and prevent excessive moisture loss.
How To Cook Pasta In The Instant Pot
Published: · by Jess Smith · Jump to Recipe · · This post may contain affiliate links.
Use these easy step-by-step instructions to cook perfectly al dente pasta in a 6-quart Instant Pot / pressure cooker.;
Pasta has been my Instant Pot nemesis ever since I fell in love with the kitchen gadget of the moment. In the past few years Ive become pretty confident when cooking in the pressure cooker. It only took a few weeks to get over my fear of releasing the pressure valve. ;
These days, I use the pressure cooker a couple times a week to make everything from rice, to a big pot of Crispy Pork Carnitas, to 20-minute weeknight meals like Chickpea Curry with Rice. But pasta is tricky.;
That is, until I learned the Instant Pot pasta formula. It involves a tiny bit of math, but the payoff is perfectly tender pasta every time. Heres how its done.
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
This speedier version of Swedish meatballs is streamlined and made in an Instant Pot®, but loses nothing that we love about the classic recipe. Gone is the step of chilling and resting the subtly spiced meatballs; we brown them as soon as theyre formed. We also bypass the tedious process of making a roux and whisking in broth to form the rich, creamy gravy. Instead, we simply pour the broth over the meatballs, dot it with pieces of beurre manie and let the Instant Pot® do the work. After the steam is released, all thats left to do is stir in some heavy cream.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Tuna Steak In Instant Pot
Best Instant Pot Recipes
Weve rounded up 20 of the very best Instant Pot dinner recipes from our own archives as well as from other food bloggers we love from around the internet.
We hear this question over and over again: what is the best thing to cook in Instant Pot? Well, today were answering that excellent question! Weve rounded up 20 of the very best Instant Pot dinner recipes from our own archives as well as from other food bloggers we love from around the internet. So, without further ado, we present the 20 best Instant Pot recipes!
How To Use A 6
- Make a Single Layer 6-Inch Cake from a Single Layer 9-Inch Cake Recipe. Halve any recipe written for a single layer 9-inch cake and bake it in a 6-inch pan. Be sure to check it several minutes early, as the smaller cake may bake more quickly.
- Make an Adorable Double Layer 6-Inch Cake from a Single Layer 9-Inch Cake Recipe. Keep the 9-inch single layer cake recipe the same. Divide the batter between two 6-inch pans. If you dont want to purchase two 6-inch pans, you can bake the layers one at a time. Be sure to let the pan cool to room temperature in between.
- Make an Double Layer 6-Inch Cake from a Double Layer 9-Inch Cake Recipe. Halve the 9-inch cake recipe. Divide the batter between two 6-inch pans , unless you want to make a teetering-but-impressive 4-layer 6-inch cake, in which case, I want to see photos!
- For Recipes Written for Cake Sizes other than 9-Inches, I recommend using this conversion link to compare the pan volumes and using your best judgement.
Or just bake this Instant Pot Cake! The recipe is ready to go for a 6-inch pan as-is.
Don’t Miss: How Long To Cook Potatoes In Instant Pot
Using Saute Function After Cooking
The Sauté function is also useful for finishing the dish after pressure cooking is done. Once the pressure has been completely released, open the lid and then press Sauté button again. Press the button again to cycle through Less or More for lower or higher temperature.
Use it for:
- Simmering the sauce or broth in the dish that needs to evaporate and reduce or thicken.
- Adding more fragile or no-cooking-required ingredients like baby spinach, fresh tomatoes, fruit, cheese, milk or cream.
- Thickening sauce with butter, cream or flour.
Why Cook Pasta In The Instant Pot
There are three reasons to cook pasta in the Instant Pot / pressure cooker.;
Read Also: How To Cook Chicken Tenders In Instant Pot
What About Other Instant Pot Models
- Duo Plus: Like the Duo, but with a blue LCD display and few more settings . You can toggle to sound off or on.
- Smart WiFi: Generally like the Duo, but you can pair it with an app and use your smartphone to control some of its functions.
- Lux: No yogurt making setting. Does not need a drip catcher. Each setting will remember the cook time you programmed most recently.
- Ultra: Has a central control knob, not as many buttons, and a few more special settings. Has a feature to automatically adjust for pressure cooking at altitude. Quick release button keeps fingers away from the steam release valve. Each setting will remember the cook time you programmed most recently.
- Max: This has a touch screen, a sous-vide function, heats faster, can be programmed to automatically release steam, and offers an altitude adjustment option.
What Is Mississippi Pot Roast
Robin Chapman is the creator of the original Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe. She adapted a roast beef recipe that was too spicy for her young kids, and this was the moment the ever so famous Mississippi Roast was born.
The original Mississippi Pot Roast uses the slow cooker, including ingredients like au jus gravy mix , ranch dressing mix , and Pepperoncini peppers.
The ingredients & simple instructions might be a shocker, but her family & friends loved this roast, and they couldnt stop raving about it.
This has led one of her friends to contribute this recipe into a cookbook put together by her church. And the snowball effect began.
From the little cookbook that led to being published on a food blog, then many other mom blogs, which then spread like wildfire all over the internet.
Little did she know this super simple recipe would lit the internet on fire and storm into American homes nationwide!
As much as we like to stay true to the original, we enjoy being a littleAmy & Jacky, adding our own little zings & twists to our Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe.
So, instead of using Dry Ranch Dressing Mix packet & Dry Au Jus Mix packet, were opting to mix our own;Herbs, Spices & Seasonings.
Why These Easy Instant Pot Recipes Are Perfect For Beginners
- Step by step instructions guide you through each Instant Pot recipe so you can feel confident in the kitchen with your new appliance.
- They take the guesswork out of what to cook in your Instant Pot for the first time, choose from a variety of recipes and pick one or two to start with!
- Perfect results every time adds to your ease in using your new kitchen gadget!
- Flavorful recipes yield tender meats, delicious soups and better basics like fluffy rice and quinoa.
What Should You Not Cook In An Instant Pot
Here are some of the food you shouldnt cook in an Instant Pot:
- Deep-fried food such as fried chicken, french fries
- Delicate food that requires quick & high heat
- Milk-based or cream-based sauces shouldnt be pressure cooked directly in the inner pot
- Food that uses puff pastry
- Breaded meat, breaded vegetables
- Pressure canning
Which of the 50 Easy Instant Pot Recipes from this list are you going to try first?
What are some of your favorite Pressure Cooker Recipes? Let us know in the comments.
How To Cook Beans In The Instant Pot
Once you’ve got your timetable picked out and you know how long your bean is going to take, it’s time to get cooking.
All you need to do to cook beans in the instant pot is add them into your pot, followed by 2 3x that amount of water. So if you’re using 1 cup of dried beans , you’d follow that with about 2 3 cups of water.
Basically, you want the beans to be fully submerged or else they won’t cook evenly.
From there, just pop on your lid, make sure your vent is sealed, choose your time and TURN OFF the keep warm setting! I’ve found this to be a really helpful trick to avoid mushy beans as the keep warm setting continues to cook them.
Once your Instant Pot has come to pressure, let it do its thing until the timer runs out. Then let the pressure naturally release we’ve also included those times in the free guide and you’re done.
See how simple? It’s seriously a game changer!