Make Instant Pot Chili A Step By Step Guide
Start by mixing the ground beef with the baking soda, a little water, and the salt as this will help retain moisture in the meat, you need to let it sit for twenty minutes or so.
Once youve done that you can go ahead and in your Instant Pot, or whatever the equivalent function is in your electric pressure cooker brand and add the olive oil.
This post contains affiliate links
Then, add the chopped onions to hot oil and cook them for a few minutes until they are soft, translucent, and slightly golden around the edges, do not let them get really dark brown.
Next the ground beef and which will take about five minutes.
Add only half the dried spices to the beef, along with the garlic,; and stir well to combine.
We will add the remaining spices only after the chili has been pressure cooked.
Pour in the gluten free beef broth and fully deglaze the bottom of the pot to prevent burning later on.
Carefully pour in the canned Crushed Fire Roasted Tomatoes onto the top of the chili mixture, DO NOT STIR OR MIX.
The tomatoes can stick to the bottom of your Instant pot and sometimes prevent it from coming to pressure, so please just leave them on top of the meat before you add the lid.
Lock the lid and let your Instant Pot Chili cook for 12 minutes at high pressure.
Once the cook time at pressure is complete and youve removed the lid you can add in the remaining dried chili spices along with the beans.
How To Store And Freeze Your Chili
This chili will keep in the fridge for at least five days, or frozen for up to three months.
To freeze, transfer the cooked and cooled chili to freezer containers or bags, press out as much air as possible, and freeze. Thaw overnight in the fridge, or heat while still frozen. The best way to reheat chili is in a sauce pan over low heat on the stove top.
What Ingredients Are In Instant Pot No
- Ground Beef lean is best as it doesnt require you to drain the meat from the pot. If you want to switch out the ground beef for ground turkey, or ground chicken no problem! Depending on what you use, you may need to drain the extra fat after browning the meat.
- Vegetables onion, garlic, green pepper, and tomatoes. Diced tomatoes with green chilies are best for this recipe for added flavor.
- Beef broth Cut the sodium by using a low-sodium variety.
- Seasonings and Spices Chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne. All wonderful spices to get that traditional chili flavor.
- Salt & Pepper
RELATED:Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
You May Like: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Notes And Adaptations For Pressure Cooker Chili:
- You can use whatever type of beans you prefer.; I usually use dark red kidney beans and light red kidney beans.; Sometimes Ill use pinto beans or black beans if thats what I have on hand.
- Feel free to use ground turkey instead of ground beef if desired.
- I like to use beef broth, but chicken broth or vegetable broth will work.; Heck, even just plain water will work, but the broth adds a bit more flavor.; You may need more salt if you just use water. If you prefer a thicker chili, you can cut back on the liquid a little.
- The tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce add depth of flavor to the chili, but if youre in a pinch and dont have any, you can leave them out.; Again, you may need some extra salt if you leave out the Worcestershire sauce.
- I like to use diced fire roasted tomatoes if possible, but Ive also made it with plain diced tomatoes.; Feel free to use what you have on hand!
- Leftovers can be frozen.
- You can double the recipeas long as it doesnt exceed your particular pressure cooker models maximum fill limit!
More About Instant Pot Hamburger Chili
EASY INSTANT POT CHILI RECIPE W/ BEEF & BACON
BEST INSTANT POT CHILI RECIPE HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CHILI
INSTANT POT EASY CHILI MAC RECIPE TEACHER RECIPETEACHER
- Set Instant Pot to saute mode and add ground beef and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir often until all the beef is browned. Should take about 5 minutes. Press cancel and drain fat.
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt on top of the browned meat. Then add macaroni on top . Add 3 1/2 cups water and make sure all macaroni is submerged. Add cans of tomato sauce and diced tomatoes right on top in the center. Do not stir!
- Secure lid, make sure vent is set to sealing and pressure cook on high for 4 minutes. When timer is complete, quick release the pressure.
- Remove lid and stir contents well. Everything will begin to thicken. Add 1 cup of shredded colby jack cheese and stir it in so it melts into the sauce.
INSTANT POT CLASSIC BEEF CHILI (PRESSURE COOKER RECIPE
- Add the ground beef and brown, making sure to crumble as you go. Once the beef is browned, add all the seasonings. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Press the Cancel button. Splash in a small amount of beef stock and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot.
INSTANT POT CHILI WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPE | TEASPOON OF
BEST INSTANT POT CHILI | TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
BEST AND EASY INSTANT POT BEEF CHILI RECIPE WITH GROUND BEEF
CHUNKY BEEF CHILI INSTANT POT RECIPES
INSTANT POT BEEF CHILI RECIPE SIMPLY RECIPES
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Traditional Recipe With Modern Convenience
Do you remember the big pot on the stovetop simmering delicious meals for hours and hours growing up?
I do, especially when visiting my grandmothers homes. Every time we were over their kitchen waifed of the magical smell spices and foods that cooked ALL DAY LONG.
Those were the days, right? Simple, yet it wasnt. I didnt know then what I know now, but food needed to be stretched back then.
Both of my parents grew up in large families. Five kids each and they lived just two houses apart!
My grandmother and mother made their meals from scratch. I bet yours did too. It was just as common as opening a can of chicken broth is now!
Now were right smack in the middle of third and fourth Mexican-American generations. We have so many modern conveniences to help us savor homemade dishes like slow cookers and pressure cookers.
Recipe Notes And Faqs
- Leftovers: Leftover Instant Pot Chili can be stored, once cooled, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe container.
- Serving Ideas: Serve chili with shredded cheese, chopped onions, as a base for Tamale Pie, with a side of cornbread muffins, or on top of baked potatoes or baked sweet potatoes.
- To keep reduce the sodium content, use low-sodium beef stock, no-salt-added crushed tomatoes, and cut the salt in half in the homemade chili blend.
Can you use Frozen Ground Meat?
YES, you can make this Chili with frozen ground beef! I recommend, following my instructions for cooking frozen ground beef in your instant pot. Once your frozen beef has been cooked, remove it from the Instant Pot and crumble it up into bite-size pieces. Place all the crumbled meat, and the remaining ingredients for the chili into the Instant Pot and cook for 15 minutes on high pressure.
Do you Have to use the Chili Function on the Instant Pot to Cook Chili?
As I have shared in Instant Pot 101 and my guide to Instant Pot Functions, the functions on your instant pot are set as guides–your pressure cooker has no way of knowing if you used dried beans, canned beans, or frozen meat. I RARELY use any of these functions, but instead default to cooking on high pressure and manually adjusting with the;manual or pressure cook;button on a pressure cooker.
Is this chili recipe gluten-free?
What is the best type of beer to use for chili?
The Best Instant Pot Chili
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. I only recommend items I love and have had a positive experience with. Thank you!
5 Expert Instant Pot Tricks HOW TO SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH THE INSTANT POT
Warm, comforting Instant Pot Chili is the perfect cool weather meal and this is the ABSOLUTE BEST CHILI I have ever eaten!; Packed with fiber and nutrients, covered in cheese and sour cream get ready to fall in love!
I really hesitate to call any of my recipes The Best.; It feels like I’m putting a challenge out there and heaven knows, I AM NOT a competitive person.
Don’t tell my younger sisters, but I used to silently cheer when the opposing team made points at their volleyball competitions because that meant we could leave sooner.; Feels so good to confess that!
I also recall faking a rolled ankle in a basketball game as a 13-year-old so I could go home and read a book I was really excited about.
So yeah, don’t bother to compete;with me, I’ll probably just hand you the trophy.
By calling this amazing, deep, rich, flavorful, silky chili THE BEST, I’m simply saying it is THE BEST CHILI I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!; No restaurant or chili potluck has ever made me as happy as this bowl of chili right here!
Easiest Way To Make Gordon Ramsay Instant Pot Chili
by Duane Lewis
Instant Pot Chili
Hello everybody, its Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, instant pot chili. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This Instant Pot chili is a blend of beef, beans, tomatoes and spices, all simmered together in a pressure cooker until tender and flavorful. The easiest way to make chili. Make this Instant Pot Chili under an hour. Loaded with layers of umami But mainly beef chuck, chilies, and spices.
Instant Pot Chili is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. Its appreciated by millions daily. Its easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Theyre fine and they look wonderful. Instant Pot Chili is something that Ive loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook instant pot chili using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Instant Pot Chili:
Instant Pot Chili is the BEST CHILI recipe hands down! The magic of the Instant Pot works to develop incredible flavor in a fraction of time! Instant Pot Chili with step by step instructions and photos, and tips to get maxium flavor from this easy pressure cooker recipe. Can I use ground turkey instead?
Happy Cooking & Shopping
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Hot Message
How Do You Make Instant Pot Chili
To make Instant Pot chili, youll need to first saute your ground beef and onions in the pot. After the beef is browned and the onions have softened, an array of seasonings go into the pot along with two types of beans, tomatoes and beef broth. Seal the Instant Pot, turn it to the Chili/Bean setting, then wait for your dinner to be ready!
How To Make Delicious Pressure Cooker Chili
You start by browning some ground beef with onion in the Instant Pot, using the Saute setting.; Once the meat is browned, youll add in some diced bell pepper, garlic, beans, tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and Worcestershire sauce.
Give it a good stir, then put the lid on and pressure cook it at high pressure for 15 minutes.; Even though it cooks fast, it tastes like its been simmering for much longer.
Really, its so, so simple.; A hearty bowl of chili in a flashwhats not to love?
Whether youre using a Farberware pressure cooker, a Nuwave pressure cooker, a Power Pressure Cooker XL, Ninja Foodi, or Instant Pot, you can make completely delicious chili!
Give it a trymaybe making a yummy pot of delicious pressure cooker chili will bring back some fond memories for you, too!
Also Check: How To Cook Frozen Ground Turkey In Instant Pot
Other Posts You Might Like
- 2 ½ cups beef, chicken or veggie broth
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 12 teaspoons dark cocoa powder,
- 12 teaspoons smoked paprika or ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- optional additions: frozen corn or diced red bell pepper
- Garnishes: grated cheese, sour cream, cilantro, avocado, scallions
How To Cook Chili In Instant Pot
What I truly love about this recipe is that I can brown the ground beef right in the instant pot on sauté mode. This saves me from having any extra dishes to clean and keeps my stove top nice and clean too.
- Start by browning your ground beef , then drain any excess fat and return the liner to the pressure cooker.
- Dump in all of the ingredients and give it a good stir.
- Set to Chili/Beans setting or HIGH pressure and set for 18 minutes. Once its finished cooking release the pressure and youre done!
All thats left to do is add your favorite chili toppings!
We love adding shredded cheese, sour cream and diced green onions. Ill even throw some crunchy corn chips on top if I have them on hand.
Also Check: How To Boil Milk In Instant Pot
Making Instant Pot Chili
Using an Instant Pot to make chili isnt any harder than cooking a pot of chili on the stove. You can sauté and simmer right in the appliance, just you would when cooking on the stovetop. The only difference here is that instead of turning a knob on the stove, you press a few buttons on the Instant Pot.
The biggest difference? Start to finish, this chili is ready in under an hour compare this with stove-top chilis that take twice as long!
If you have another model of electric or stovetop pressure cooker, the sautéing instructions might be slightly different. Just check your user manual for guidance.
S To Make Chili Sauce
CAUTION handle chilis with care and be sure not to touch your face!
- Lightly toast the chilis
- Remove the stems and seeds
- Place chilis in boiling water and let sit for 15-20 minutes, then pour in a sieve
- Add broth and water from chili, chilis and spices.
- Blend all ingredients.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot
What If I Get A Burn Message On My Instant Pot
A burn message can be common when cooking chili because of the thickness of the recipe and the acid from the tomatoes.
To prevent a burn message, be sure to scrape the bottom well with a wooden or metal spoon to remove any bits before pressure cooking.
Also make sure you do not stir in the tomato sauce we want thin liquid on the bottom of the pot.
If you do get a burn message, turn the Instant Pot off and gradually release the pressure.
You can try to scrape the bottom and add a little more liquid, but if there are burnt bits on the bottom you may not want to do that.
The best option might be to pour the chili into a large pot and simmer on the stove for 15-20 minutes.
How To Make Chili Colorado In An Instant Pot
This recipe calls for the same ingredients previous generations did, but with a modern twist.
First, this tender beef stew is made in an Instant Pot. Second, we use some canned goods: broth and prepared chili sauce .
Dont have a pressure cooker? No problem! Check the recipe card for instructions on how to make chili colorado in a slow cooker or on the stovetop.
This recipe is adapted from my friend Eva as told to her by her mama! The original instructions were to cook this in a slow cooker.
Getting hungry? Lets get cooking!
Also Check: How To Cook Baked Potatoes In Instant Pot Duo
How To Cook Instant Pot Chili
Comforting, warming, filling and over the top delicious .
Get the complete ingredients list and instructions from the recipe card below.
So what do you do? Well.
That. Is. It. And you are rewarded with the best ever Instant Pot that looks like this yum.
Expert tip : Cooked beef gives off a lot of juices, which leads to a watery chili. So: remove any excess water that gathers whilst you are cooking the beef. This helps to caramelize the beef quicker plus it results in a thicker chili