Making Mongolian Beef In An Instant Pot
The original recipe is coated with cornstarch and quickly stir fried. In the pressure cooker, its best to add thickeners after you cook the beef, so you wont get a crisp coating in the pressure cooker, but the beef will be much more tender with plenty of rich, flavorful sauce.
This recipe was a big hit with my family. Its super easy to make and will definitely be making another appearance at our house soon.
Recipes Instantpot The Place To Instant Pot
Now youve probably heard the buzz regarding the Instant Pot ®, the slow cooker, pressure cooker and stove-top alternate all covered right into one small device. Its one point to head out and acquire the new tool of the moment, however its one more to put it to excellent usage. If you make a decision to jump on the bandwagon, below are a few easy, reassuring dishes to establish you down the appropriate course.
Pressure Cooker Shredded Skirt Steak
Paola van der HulstWebsite
Cooking your meat in the pressure cooker yields some of the softest and quickest results, and this shredded skirt steak is no exception! The subtle yet distinct flavor in this dish comes from using every part of a fresh orange. Start by zesting the orange and then juicing it. The sweet-tart juice tenderizes and flavors the meat while the zest imparts the true orange taste.
Also Check: Pork Sirloin Tip Roast Instant Pot
Which Steak Cut Is Best For Tacos
The best steak cut for tacos is flank steak! Flank steak is one of the leanest cuts of steak to purchase and is known as the most versatile cut of meat. Its versatile because it can be grilled, broiled or sautéed super easily. If you arent able to get your hands on flank steak, the next best options to use for this recipe are skirt steak, hanger steak and sirloin steak.
Note: If you choose to use a steak cut that isnt flank steak for this recipe, the cooking times may vary.
Cooking Rice Using The Pot
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef only requires 3 minutes of cooking time under pressure, which is the same amount of cooking time for long-grain white rice. This makes it the perfect recipe to cook rice along with beef for an all-in-one meal.
- Saute the beef and add in the sauce as directed.
- Insert a rack in the Instant Pot, right over the Mongolian Beef mixture.
- Place a stainless steel dish on top of the rack and mix together 1 cup of rinsed long-grain white rice with 1 cup of water or stock. YOU MUST USE LONG-GRAIN WHITE RICE FOR THIS TO WORK!
- Close the instant pot and turn the valve to seal. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Let the pressure release for 10 minutes and then open the Instant Pot.
- Remove the rice and rack from the inner pot and proceed with thickening the Mongolian Beef with the cornstarch slurry as the recipe directs.
Also Check: Pressure Cooker Venison Roast
How To Make Pepper Steak In The Instant Pot
- The bell peppers are first sauteed in the pot and then set aside.
- The beef is then added to the pot, along with all the sauce ingredients. You cook the beef at high pressure for ten minutes. When its done, the beef comes out tender, cooked, and coated in all the sauce ingredients.
- You need to make sure to do a quick release once the beef is done cooking. A natural release will overcook the beef and make it too soft, like stew meat.
- There will initially be a lot of liquid inside but once you open the Instant Pot and stir the meat a few times, some of the liquid will evaporate. Cornstarch is then added to thicken the remaining sauce.
- The peppers are added back in at the end. I like to saute them in the sauce with the beef for about 1 minute so that the peppers also have a chance to absorb some of the flavorful sauce.
- This dish is best served warm over rice or your favorite rice substitute.
Fajita Flank Steak In The Instant Pot
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Posts may contain affiliate links.
Tender strips of seasoned fajita flank steak with onion and bell peppers, cooked to perfection.
What I love about this recipe, is that it is so easily used in a number of different ways. Of course you can use this in a wrap as a typical fajita. But you can also serve it with tossed lettuce and extras as a fajita salad. Or dice up the meat and add it, along with pepper and onion to a baked potatoFajita stuffed baked potato. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
Recommended Reading: Pressure Cooker Saute Mode
Instructions Instant Pot Flank Steak
#1. First, put your Instant Pot on Sauté and add two tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil.
#2. Next, add your Flank Steak, Cajun Seasoning , and Garlic Powder. Brown your meat scraping the burnt/browned pieces off the bottom of the pot .
#3. Then add 1 cup ofChicken Brothand 2 Tbsp. of soy sauce and stir all together.
#4. Close the lid and turn the steam release valve to sealing position.
#5. Next, press pressure cook button. Then press pressure level button until high is selected. Set timer for 30 minutes. **Please note- If your Instant Pot is still on sauté mode you will need to press Cancel then Pressure Cook.
#6. Now you prepare any sides that you want to serve with your Instant Pot Flank Steak.
#7. After the timer has completed allow your Instant Pot to naturally release all of the pressure. This usually takes about 20 minutes depending on the size of your Instant Pot. Then turn the steam release valve to Venting to release any remaining steam. **Warning The steam is very hot, use a towel to turn the release valve so it does not burn you.
#8. Thats it! Serve your Instant Pot Flank Steak and enjoy!
How To Make Flank Steak Tacos In The Instant Pot
Recommended Reading: Insta Pot Burn Food
How To Slice Flank Steak Against The Grain
Take a look at your steak before you cook it and notice the direction the grain flows. After your cooked steak has rested, remember that direction and thinly cut across the grain with a sharp knife held at about a 45-degree angle. Cutting flank steak against its grain is yet another way to fight its tough nature.
What Can I Serve With The Tacos
Tacos are a great dish to have on their own but they also pair great with so many other Mexican and Tex-Mex dishes! So, if youre looking to have a full spread of delicious food to serve with your tacos but dont know where to get started, here are some tasty ideas:
- Chips and salsa or guacamole
- Seven layer bean dip
- any salsa of your choice
- corn salsa or corn with cotija cheese
- fresh lime zest, lime juice or lime wedges
- sour cream crema
- pickled jalapeños or any other pickled peppers
The list is absolutely endless! Use whatever toppings you would like to achieve your desired flavour palette.
Read Also: Instant Pot C 7
Braciole In Instant Pot 4 Lbs Very Thinly Sliced Slabs Of
Best Instant Pot Flank Steak Recipes from Braciole in Instant Pot 4 lbs very thinly sliced slabs of
Instant Pot spaghetti is way much easier, faster, and, probably, more delicious than the variation you make on the stovetop. Its almost totally hands-off theres no consistent stirring or waiting for a large pot of water to boil. Instead, after rapidly browning some beef directly in the Instant Pot, youll simply toss in a jar of marinara sauce, a little water, and the dry spaghetti. In around 20 mins of cooking actual magic takes place: The meat becomes tender and the pasta lends its starch to the sauce, making the most elegant variation of this weeknight classic that you could ever desire for.
Tips And Techniques For Mexican Beef
Soft tacos vs. Hard tacos Either can be used. I like the crunch of hard taco shells. It also holds the filling more securely than a soft corn or flour tortilla.
Adjust amount of seasoning Use more or less, based on your preference.
Make a bigger batch- Double or triple the quantities of all the ingredients to serve a crowd.
How to release pressure from the Instant Pot? Let the pot sit undisturbed and allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then, do quick release to allow remaining steam to escape.
How to thicken sauce for the steak tacos? Mix in the dissolved cornstarch slurry and cook uncovered for a few more minutes to reduce liquid further.
You May Like: Tuna Pressure Cooker
Slow Cook Marinated Flank Steak With Cranberry Raspberry
Because that indicates its football season, I love the beginning of fall! Meatballs are filling up as well as wonderful and hearty for a tailgate. I served this for the very first time at my favored teams house opener. My best friend, who hates meatballs, couldnt obtain sufficient of them! I produced a meatball convert! Woo-hoo! If you are offering children and also choose not to add the a glass of wine, replacement beef brew instead. Lisa de Perio, Dallas, Texas.
More Keto Instant Pot Recipes
If you like these fajitas in the Instant Pot, you might like some of my other keto Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Egg Bites This 4 ingredient recipe tastes just like the expensive egg bites at Starbucks. Make them at home for a great on-the-go breakfast or snack.
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef Just 10 minutes to prep this classic recipe that will leave your corned beef perfectly tender in just 90 minutes.
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole Everyone loves this broccoli casserole. Ready in just 15 minutes!
- Instant Pot Short Ribs Easy short ribs recipe with just 5 ingredients, they turn out perfect every time.
- Keto Chicken and Dumplings Comfort food in a bowl, thats also keto, low-carb, and gluten-free!
Read Also: Sirloin Roast In Instant Pot
How And Why To Slice Across The Grain
In the context of meat, the grain refers to the direction that the muscle fibers are aligned.
In the photo of flank steak above, you can see that the fibers run horizontally from side to side. The cut of meat isnt the only determinate in how tender it is, its also HOW you cut the meat. When you cut against the grain you cut through the fibers and shorten them. This makes the meat easier to chew.
Tips For Instant Pot Steak
- Remember to deglaze the instant pot after searing so as to avoid burn error when pressure cooking.
- Leave Steak to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it.
- Top steak with garlic butter mix as soon as you take the steak out of instant pot so it can melt into the steak and collect with the juice.
Recommended Reading: Make Yogurt In Pressure Cooker Without Yogurt Button
Do You Cover Meat With Liquid In The Pressure Cooker
When using a pressure cooker, you must have enough liquid in the stove for the pressure cooker to build up and cook the food properly. The rule for liquids by pressure cooking is to always add at least 1 dl of liquid, unless the recipe says otherwise. The liquid helps to create enough steam to prepare the meal.
How To Make Instant Pot Steak Fajitas
Steak fajitas in the Instant Pot couldnt be easier! Let me walk you through fajitas in the Instant Pot:
- Slice. Briefly freeze the steak so that its easier to slice, and then slice thinly against the grain.
- Season. Toss the steak with a tablespoon of fajita seasoning.
- Saute. Heat oil in the Instant Pot on the Saute function. Brown the steak on both sides, but dont cook through. Itll only take a minute or two per side!
TIP: Brown the steak in batches, so that you dont crowd the pot. If its too crowded, your meat will steam. You need a single layer for it to brown properly.
- Combine Instant Pot fajitas ingredients. Add all of the steak into the Instant Pot, and top with vegetables and remaining fajita seasoning. Stir to coat, then add broth and lime juice.
- Pressure cook. Close the lid, seal, and set to High Pressure for 2 minutes. It will take some time to come to pressure, and once time is up, use Quick release to release pressure immediately.
Recommended Reading: How To Reheat Tamales In Instant Pot
Can You Make This Ahead
You can make these steak fajitas instant pot recipe ahead, but the beauty of Instant Pot recipes is that they are quick and easy! I recommend making them right before serving.
You could slice the steak, peppers, and onions to prep ahead.
TIP: If your fajita seasoning contains tenderizer, dont add it ahead of time. Otherwise, your meat will be too mushy.
How Much Water Do I Put In Pressure Cooker For Meat
Most vegetables are cooked with a 1/2 cup of water in the bottom of the pressure cooker when the vegetable only needs to cook for 5 minutes. Use 1 cup of water if the cooking time is 5 to 10 minutes. Use 1 1/2 2 cups of water if the cooking time is 10 to 20 minutes.
- Keep in mind that other thin sauces count as liquid when accounting for this amount. Such as in our Instant Pot beef and broccoli there was a fair amount of soy sauce used, that adds into the total amount.
You May Like: Instant Pot Hamburger Frozen
Instant Pot Carne Asada
Instant Pot carne asada is one of my favorite ways to prepare a perfect flank steak. Easy and quick, this recipe is full of simple ingredients that give you incredible flavors. Use it as the protein in tacos, nachos, or carne asada fries, or enjoy it on its own with a few complementing sides.
Free: 5 Secrets To Fast Healthy Dinners
These Instant Pot fajitas are incredibly easy to make and take just 15 minutes! One of the advantages of making steak fajitas in the Instant Pot is that they cook faster, but also, there is much less hands-on time than the traditional stovetop method. That means theyre easier to make if youre busy, plus they make a delicious and healthy dinner, too. Make em with homemade fajita seasoning for maximum flavor.
Recommended Reading: Why Does My Instant Pot Say Food Burn
Stuffed Flank Steak How To Feed A Loon
Always scratch the base of the pot after browning the meat. The goal below is to prevent obtaining a BURN caution from your pot, so youll want to brown the meat, include a little water to the pot, as well as scrape, scrape, scrape prior to you add the marinara.Layer the water under and also over the pasta. As soon as youve obtained the pasta in the pot as well as the water over it, put the cover on.
How To Make Mongolian Beef In The Instant Pot
Instant Pots are easy to use, and this recipe is simple and straightforward! You just have to brown the beef before simmering it in the sauce.
- Heat Oil: Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of the cooking pot and press sauté to heat it up.
- Brown Beef: When the oil begins to sizzle, carefully brown the meat in small batches until all of the meat is browned about 1 minute. Transfer the browned meat pieces to a plate and set it aside.
- Make Sauce: Add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the soy sauce, 1/2 cup water, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and ginger. Stir to combine.
- Add Beef Back In: Add back in the browned beef pieces. Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot and lock it, turning the valve to the sealed position.
- Cook: Press the manual or pressure cook button. Then set the timer for 11 minutes.
- Release Pressure: When cooking is finished, move the knob to venting and do a quick release of the pressure.
- Make Cornstarch Mixture: In a small glass, combine the cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water, whisking until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce in the pot, stirring constantly. Do not add the cornstarch directly to the pot without mixing it with water first.
- Thicken Sauce & Add Onions: Push the Sauté button and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. This will be quick. Stir in the sliced green onions.
- Garnish & Serve: Sprinkle sesame seeds over the beef and serve it warm over a bed of rice.
You May Like: How To Steam Tamales In Instant Pot