What Kind Of Bbq Sauce Should I Use
You can use your favorite kind of BBQ sauce! We love Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ sauce.
Homemade BBQ Sauce is also a great option. It only takes 15 minutes to make!
Sticky, tender baby back ribs so easy you can make them during the week! I know your family is going to love these Instant Pot Ribs! Once you give them a try be sure to check out some of my other favorite Instant Pot recipes!
- A family favorite easy dinner thats always a hit is Instant Pot Hamburger Stroganoff!
- The easiest way to make spaghetti is this Instant Pot Spaghetti with ground hamburger.
- Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches are mouthwatering and delicious! Did we mention buttery toasted buns and melty cheese?
Ribs With Homemade Bbq Sauce
Its so easy to make your own delicious BBQ sauce to cover these Instant Pot bbq ribs with and it tastes so much better than store-bought. You can make the sauce while the ribs are cooking, it only takes 15 minutes! Of course, if you prefer you can use a bottled sauce, but trust me, its SO worth it to make your own!
Why This Recipe Works
- Make it any night of the week whenever you are craving ribs because they are done in less than a hour!
- They are bursting with flavor from our secret homemade rub.
- Fall off the bone perfection with meat that melts in your mouth.
Hello, weeknight baby back ribs! If you dont have and Instant Pot no worries! My Crock Pot Ribs are amazing, too!
If youve ever cooked ribs in the oven you know how long they take too long, right? I mean, its not exactly a weeknight dinner. My Instant Pot Ribs are so much quicker to make. There are a few steps to take before you cook the ribs , so you definitely want to plan ahead when you want to make these ribs.
Also, it may seem like a lot of ingredients, but most of them are spices that are used to make the rub. You probably have most of the ingredients already on hand!
Also Check: How To Steam Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
How To Prep The Ribs
To prep the ribs, wash and pat dry to remove any excess moisture. Check if the membrane is still there on the boney side, as usually it is already removed. However, if its still there, heres how you remove it:
Place the ribs upside down on a cutting board, and using a butter knife slide under the membrane on the back of the bone. It is a thin layer, so you dont need to go deep. Once you have loosened it, take a paper towel and grab onto it with one hand. Hold the ribs down with the other hand and gently pull on the membrane, It should come off easily.
Recipe Tips And Notes
- If the back of the ribs has a membrane, do your best to remove that prior to seasoning the ribs. With the bones facing up, slide your finger or a butter knife under the membrane between two rib bones until you can grip the membrane with a paper towel and pull it off.
- Season the ribs with a dry rub. A dry rub is best for these ribs because it will infuse it with a lot of flavor as it cooks and it wont wash away while it steams in the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook the ribs rolled in a circle. They wont cook evenly if you cut them and stack them.
- You can sauté the onions first in some butter for more depth of flavor.
- Broil the ribs for a few minutes to crisp the top and boost the flavor of the barbecue sauce. Use the middle position in your oven when broiling for the best results.
- This Instant Pot ribs recipe works for one or two sets of ribs without adjusting the sauce quantities. Simply add a second set of ribs coiled in the Instant Pot.
- Its best to use a 6 QT or larger Instant Pot.
You May Like: Pressure Cooker Tuna
Instant Pot Ribs Recipe Tips
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of liquid smoke to the cooking liquid to add a light smoky taste.
- You dont have to broil the ribs. If you prefer simply slather the BBQ sauce and serve however, broiling the ribs adds lots of flavor and a nice caramelization to the ribs.
- Feel free to double this rib recipe! You wont need to double the cooking liquid, just the spices and the homemade BBQ sauce. Pressure cook the ribs for an additional 8 minutes.
- I always find amazing baby back ribs at Costco. They are super meaty and priced just right!
Take a Look At These Other Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes:
How To Cook Instant Pot Pork Ribs From Frozen
Seasoning the ribs before freezing them is important. The spice rub wont stick to the meat if frozen. Also cut the rib rack into smaller pieces so they fit in the Instant Pot comfortably.
When cooking ribs in the instant pot from frozen, add additional 5-7 minutes of cooking time. Just like fresh or thawed out ribs cook on high pressure.
You May Like: Instant Pot Tamales
Option 2 Air Fryer Lid
Place the air fryer basket with the tray on the middle rack in Instant Pot .
Now, layer the spare ribs on the air fryer tray in Instant Pot.
Then, place the Air Fryer Lid on the Instant Pot.
- Air Frying Method: Press the Airfry button, set the Temperature to 400°F and Cooking Time to 15 minutes.
*Pro Tip: It will take roughly 9 11 minutes + preheat time. You can open the lid to check the progress.
Now, air fry the second batch of spare ribs in Instant Pot.
Chop up the Instant Pot BBQ Spare Ribs to finger-licking serving sizes.
Serve these tasty Instant Pot BBQ Spare Ribs immediately! Enjoy~
How To Make Baby Back Ribs In The Instant Pot
- Start with the best-quality pork baby back ribs you can find. Youll need about a 2 2 ½;lb. rack to feed 4 people. Anything more than 3 lbs. and you wont be able to get them into a 6-quart Instant Pot and still close the lid. Our go-to for high-quality, heritage breed pork is ButcherBox. They seriously have the BEST baby back ribs!;
- Cut your rack of ribs into 3 equal-ish sections. Sprinkle each section with the spice dry rub, focusing more on the meaty front side of the rack than the backside. Now give each section a good rub. At this point, you can wrap them up and return them to the fridge if youre just prepping ahead then cook them at a later point. This can be done up to 2 days in advance.
- Place the wire rack into the Instant Pot insert then add 1 cup of water or broth to the pot. Select the Saute function. This will essentially pre-heat the Instant Pot and decrease the amount of time it takes to get up to full pressure.
- Now creatively arrange the 3 sections of ribs in a teepee or pyramid formation so that theyre not lying on top of one another. Standing them rather than stacking means they cook faster and more evenly.
Also Check: Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid Baked Potato
How To Do A Natural Release Of The Steam On An Instant Pot:
When you do a natural release on an Instant Pot, it means you allow the pressure to gradually release without opening the valve.Once your Instant Pot is finished cooking, it will beep, and then it will start counting up on the keep warm mode.; This recipe has a natural release time of 5 minutes so once the timer shows 5 minutes, you can then open the steam release valve to release the rest of the pressure.
- 1/4teaspooncayenne pepper
How Do I Fit The Pressure Cooker Bbq Baby Back Ribs In The Cooking Pot
Before cooking, I like to cut the ribs into two or three rib sections to make them easier to fit in the pressure cooking pot. I prefer this method to ensure that there is enough space around the ribs that theyll cook evenly.
However, some of my Facebook friends have had great success rolling their ribs in a coil and standing them on their side .
Side Dishes To Serve With Instant Pot Bbq Ribs
Amount Per Serving:
Please note that nutrition information you see is provided and automatically calculated by Nutritionix. This may vary depending on the specific ingredients that you use. To ensure the most accurate information, I suggest entering your specific ingredients into a nutrition calculator.
What Make This Instant Pot Country Style Ribs Recipe So Good
- Its the easiest country style rib recipe youll ever make. And I mean start-to-finish easy, including cleanup! The Instant Pot is all the equipment youll need simply assemble, cook, then enjoy.
- The mix of spices used give it that traditional barbecue taste we all know and love. A dry rub is also great for packing on delicious flavor!
- Its the perfect protein for an easy meal! Pair these Instant Pot country style ribs with veggies or a salad for a tasty low-carb dinner.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
What Is The Best Barbecue Sauce Lets Discuss
Yep, I am going there. BBQ sauce is both regional and personal, and I do have a favorite.
I grew up on Kansas City barbecue, and every time Ben and I visit, grabbing a meal at a local BBQ joint isnt an optional activity we try to squeeze inits one of the first stops we make the moment we land at the airport.
Ive had the pleasure of munching barbecue in different regions of the country, and while I respect and enjoy the different flavors and characteristics of each, Kansas Citystyle barbecue sauce is my forever favorite.
If youve had Sweet Baby Rays or KC Masterpiece brand BBQ sauce, youve experienced a hint of just how good Kansas City BBQ sauce can be. That said, as Ive started reading more labels in recent years, the bottled barbecue sauce brands are LOADED with sugar .;
Craving some barbecue but not wanting to rely on the the sugary stuff, I decided to see if I could make my own homemade barbecue sauce for ribs, pulled pork, and, as I quickly discovered while making and tasting this sauce, for licking right off the spoon!
Skip the bottled stuff. By using real, unprocessed ingredients, youll have an award winning barbecue sauce recipe that tastes, well, homemade.
What Is The Membrane On Ribs
Theres a thin layer of membrane on the back of the ribs. And its really chewy tough skin and very unappetizing after its cooked.;
- To remove this membrane, starting at one end of the rib rack, separate the skin from the meat using a sharp pairing knife. And then pull it with your hands all the way to the other end.
This will ensure you wont sink your teeth into tough chewy skin when youre ready to enjoy your ribs!
TIP: If the skin slips off easily, use a paper towel to hold the skin.
Recommended Reading: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Tips For Best Results
- When buying the ribs, try to choose the same size for even cooking. I prefer to use 1 ½ pound Baby Back Ribs.
- Dont forget to remove the membrane before cooking the meat.
- I always like to broil the ribs after cooking in a pressure cooker. This finishing step helps to crisp up the top and caramelize the BBQ sauce.
- To bring this meal to a whole new level, you can add a teaspoon of liquid smoke. Just add it together with water and apple cider vinegar.
Easy Instant Pot Bbq Ribs
cook time:25 minutes
total time:45 minutes
The easiest and quickest BBQ ribs made right in your pressure cooker! So saucy, sticky, and tender, it just falls off-the-bone!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 racks baby back pork ribs,;trimmed of excess fat, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
Also Check: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
What Are Spare Ribs
The most common cuts of pork ribs are Spare Ribs, Baby Back Ribs, and St. Louis Style Ribs.
Spare Ribs are the cut of pork ribs from the bottom of the rib cage . The full slab of meat has straight & flat bones.
Its meaty, tender, and packed with porky flavors. In comparison, Spare Ribs are longer and a bigger cut of meat than baby back ribs and St. Louis Style Ribs, while likely being the least expensive!
Spare Ribs are really popular in Chinese cuisine especially the Spareribs with Black Bean Sauce!
Whereas, Baby Back Ribs are the cut of pork ribs from the top of the rib cage .
Delicious Ribs In Less Than An Hour
If you cook ribs in the oven or on the grill, you are looking at at least 2 and a half hours of cooking time. This is fine on a leisurely weekend but making them in the Instant Pot means that you can enjoy them on a weeknight! Grab your pressure cooker and lets do this! You will love these quick and easy Instant Pot ribs.
Read Also: How To Delay Start Instant Pot
Tips From The Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1 No broiler? No problem. While broiling adds nice flavor and color, the ribs will still be delicious if you need to skip that step.
- tip 2 Dont substitute larger ribs for the baby back ribs. This recipe was designed for the smaller racks, and larger ribs will not get tender in the same amount of time.
How To Make Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs:
The process for making instant pot ribs is truly easy:
Also Check: How To Cook Ground Turkey In Instant Pot
How Long Do I Cook Baby Back Ribs In The Pressure Cooker
As a rule of thumb, when making meat in the pressure cooker, if you release the pressure and the meat is too tough for your taste, then you need to increase the cook time. If your meat is drier than you like, decrease the cook time.
Use an;instant-read thermometer to verify your baby back ribs have an internal temp of at least 145°F in the thickest part of the ribs after cooking.
Ive found that 15 minutes at High Pressure leads to ribs that are tender yet they still have a bit of bite and hold their shape when grilling.
If you want the ribs more fall off the bone tender, cook them another longer; Id start with 5 minutes and go from there.
Apply Sauce & Broil In Oven/airfryer
First, carefully set the country style ribs on an oven tray, then generously apply ½ cup 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce all over to the ribs on all sides.
If you have a large oven, you can finish the country style ribs in one batch. If you are using the Duo Crisp lid, it will take 2 batches to brown the country style ribs.
Recommended Reading: Does Walmart Sell Instant Pot
Instant Pot Beef Ribs Vs Baby Back Ribs
To start off, beef ribs as the name states, are from a cow. These ribs are typically the ribs that come from a rib roast. These are the ribs labeled beef ribs in the grocery store. When you have a boneless ribeye, these are the bones that have been removed.
Baby back ribs are pork and are from a pig, not a cow. These ribs tend to cook much quicker and are smaller than the beef ribs. If you love baby back ribs, check out my post where I teach you how to Instant Pot baby back ribs.;
How Do You Remove The Membrane From The Ribs
Depending on the type of ribs you bought, they may or may not come with a fatty membrane attached to them. To some people this may freak them out, and those of us high fat loving people just start to drool. If you want to remove the membrane from the ribs, first you need to
Also Check: Which Instant Pot Has The Recall
How To Make These Ribs Using Your Own Barbecue Sauce
The;barbecue sauce that someone chooses to slather on ones ribs is quite the personal thing. We understand and respect this. While we like the;simple mustard barbecue sauce in the above pressure cooker ribs recipe, we understand if you prefer to substitute a barbecue sauce thats already near and dear to your heart. Just follow the recipe above through Step 4 and then discard the broth and use your barbecue sauce to baste the ribs in place of the mustard, brown sugar and broth mixture.