Do The Eggs Break Or Crack In The Instant Pot
While I havent had an egg break or crack in the instant pot, it is still a possible thing to happen, just like it can happen when you boil the eggs in water on stove top.
This can happen due to many reasons.
Some eggs may have a hairline crack even before you start cooking them.
So naturally, when you boil that egg, the crack will increase further which is very normal.
If any of the eggs that you place for cooking in the instant pot has a hairline crack, it will have a tendency to break its shell and leak some of the white and yellow parts of the eggs.
However, even if the eggs break while you boil them, they are usually perfectly edible though, since they are completely cooked.
Another reason for a cracked egg is that the egg might have moved around and collided with other eggs while you boiled them.
When you use a rack or trivet, the chances of this happening is very less.
However, when you boil the eggs directly in the pot, I guess there is more chance to that possibility just like it can happen when you boil the eggs in water on stove top.
Keep in mind that it is perfectly normal that sometimes eggs do crack while we make boiled eggs, but the good news is that they are perfectly edible!
One tip to reduce the chances of eggs breaking or cracking in the instant pot is to place them around the edges of the pot, like in a circle so they wont move much while boiling.
If you keep them towards the center, there is more chance of the eggs moving around.
How Long Are Hard Boiled Eggs Good For
- Hard boiled eggs will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator when peeled, 7 days if unpeeled.
- Hard boiled eggs will last for up to 2 hours at room temperature. So be sure that Easter Bunny doesn’t leave the eggs hidden too long!
- Hard boiled eggs do not freeze well! Cooked egg whites will become rubbery.
- You can freeze the cooked egg yolks if desired by placing cooked yolks freezer bag and freezing for up to 3 months.
Why The Instant Pot Is The Best Method To Cook Eggs
There are so many reasons the Instant Pot is a great tool in the kitchen, but one of the best uses of this pressure cooker is how perfect they cook eggs. If youve ever struggled with overcooked, undercooked or hard-to-peel eggs you are going to love this device as much as I do! This machine takes the guess work out of making hard boiled eggs. All you do is place them in, add your water, close the lid and let steam! Then transfer to an ice bath and peel! So simple, and peels PERFECTLY every time. A total game changer. I just love my Instant Pot!!
You May Like: How To Cook Frozen Tamales Without A Steamer
Perfect Instant Pot Chicken Breast
The Instant Pot reigns supreme when it comes to making meals quickly. Within minutes, I can have perfectly cooked rice, baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, chicken stock, or beans.
But chicken breast can be a bit more tricky to cook perfectly. Thankfully, after 20 plus tries, I have perfected cooking Instant Pot Chicken Breast. In fact, now I prefer preparing chicken breast in the Instant Pot over any other cooking method.
Whether fresh or frozen, I can whip up Instant Pot Chicken Breasts in record time and they turn out perfectly tender and juicy every single time.
Why You Will Love This Instant Pot Hard
Because it is easy and fast! Just place the eggs into the Instant Pot basket, pop the basket into the pot and then set the timer. No more waiting for water to boil.
No more boiling water splashing on the stove. No more eggs cracking as they bounce against each other. No more forgetting the eggs on the stove and having them boil dry.
Well, maybe that’s just my issue, but in any case, it is no longer a worry with this Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Egg recipe.
Make Hard Boiled Eggs In:
Also Check: Are Instant Pot Lids Dishwasher Safe
Tips For The Best Way To Boil Eggs
Why do my eggs crack when I boil them?
Usually, cracked eggs are a result of turbulent cooking. A rapid boil could knock eggs against the side of your cooking instrument and crack the eggshells. Egg whites might then leak out and allow the egg to overcook.
Another reason could be that your eggs are too cold when they’re added to the cooking appliance. To prevent this, take your eggs out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before you start cooking. Be sure to avoid these other common mistakes you might be making with eggs.
How do you know when boiled eggs are done?
The best way to know when hard-boiled eggs are done is to use a timer and follow the cooking method. If you’re worried about overcooking your eggs, pull one out a minute or two early and cut open the egg to check the yolk’s consistency.
Do you have to let hard-boiled eggs cool before refrigerating?
Yes, you should let hard-boiled eggs cool down completely before refrigerating them. You can speed this process up by placing cooked eggs in a bath of ice water, as indicated in the cooking methods above.
Why are my hard-boiled eggs hard to peel?
The most likely culprit for eggs being hard to peel is that the eggs are too fresh. The shells of fresh eggs will chip much more than eggs that have been in your fridge for a few days. So, always use older eggs for easier peeling. If you’re still having a tough time peeling eggs, take a look at these three ways to peel a hard-boiled egg.
Can I freeze hard-boiled eggs?
What Is An Ice Bath
This is a combination of cold water and ice in a large bowl to help quickly stop the cooking process. This is essential to ensure you are not overcooking the eggs.
I just recommend getting a large bowl, filling it with cold water, and a bunch of ice cubes. I usually do this while I am waiting for the pressure to release from the Instant Pot.
Also Check: How To Start Instant Pot Duo Nova
How Do You Boil Eggs In Instant Pot
- Altitude: close to sea level
- Eggs: store-bought Large eggs, straight from the fridge
- Liquid: 1 cup of cold tap water
- Time: High Pressure for 8 minutes & Low Pressure for 12 minutes
- Pressure: High Pressure & Low Pressure
- Release Method: immediate Quick Release
- Cooking Method: on a steamer rack
*Pro Tip: If you want perfect hard boiled eggs, be mindful that every factor above affect the results of your eggs. If you change even the slightest thing, your results may differ.
How To Cook The Best Hard Boiled Eggs In The Instant Pot
Just follow three simple steps.
Hard boiled eggs make a rich, protein-packed snack, salad topping, or appetizer. Like, who hasn’t dreamed of finishing off a dozen deviled eggs in one sitting? Just us? OK, cool. Anyway, what we love most about hard boiled eggs is how simple they are to make, especially if you’re cooking them in the pressure cooker. Here’s our step-by-step guide to the perfect Instant Pot hard boiled eggs.
Also Check: Instant Pot Recipes For Turkey Breast Tenderloin
Hard Boiled Eggs In Mealthy Multipot / Instant Pot Consistently Perfect + Easy Peel Every Time
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Mealthy Multipot for consistently perfect, easy peel eggs!
LINK TO DETAILED POST:
Instant Pot / Multipot Egg Stacker on Amazon :
HAVE YOU SEEN?Introducing The Mealthy Multipot 2.0 How to Do The Mealthy Multipot Water Test
SUBSCRIBE for FREE RECIPES and MEAL PREP / PLAN IDEAS delivered directly to your email inbox every FRIDAY:
Thanks for watching! If you like the content I share, please consider subscribing to my channel, press the notification bell for updates, and hit the like button on the videos. It really helps me and my channel out. And if you have a moment, do drop me a comment on how you liked the video, and what youd love to see next. I look forward to hearing from you.
Disclaimer: Some of the links in the description box may be affiliate links, which means I may make a small commission if you purchase something via the link at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
PHOTO / VIDEO EQUIPMENT I USE:
My DSLR Camera for Food Photos:My Go-To Photography Lens:My Macro Lens for Food Photo/Video:My Phone I Use to Shoot YouTube Videos:My Tripod Stand:
How To Boil Eggs On The Stovetop
This classic method might be a little different from what you’ve seen before. Since most of the cooking is done off the heating element, your hard-boiled eggs will never overcook.
If you prefer a soft-boiled egg, consult this chart for cook times:
Also Check: Tamales In An Instant Pot
What If The Chicken Is Not Cooked
Chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before safe to consume.
Once your cook time has elapsed and pressure has been released, check the internal temperature of your chicken breast. If less than 160 degrees, place the lid back on the pressure cooker and cook for an additional 2-5 minutes on high pressure.
If the chicken has reached 160 degrees, it will reach 165 degrees as it rests.
How To Hard Boil Eggs In Instant Pot
Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs are a great way to get your eggs cooked up and ready to go in no time flat.
Within a few minutes, you can have your eggs ready to peel and eat.
This cuts down on so much time at the stove by no longer needing to wait for the water to boil and the eggs turn out perfect every time!
Everyone enjoys a good hard-boiled egg every once in a while. They go great on chef salads, in egg salads, and a number of other recipes too.
Not only that but they taste great on their own and pack a lot of protein in your diet in just a few bites.
Starting your day off with a hard-boiled egg can be a great way to get your body going, but making them fresh every morning can be a time-consuming chore.
With these easy hard-boiled eggs, you can have your meal prepped long in advance. This also makes it easier for lunch box preparations as well!
Just grab an egg and toss it in your childs lunch bag before sending them off to a long day of learning.
If you need more reasons to make instant pot boiled eggs, dont forget about delicious potato salad. Its one of the best side dishes for any summer event or barbecue.
I have an incredible potato salad recipe to share with you too!
You May Like: Keeping Tamales Warm
Why Do You Put Boiled Eggs In Ice Water
The idea of placing the eggs in ice cold water helps the eggs to peel easily, but it also prevents the discolored yolk. The strange color that sometimes forms around hard boiled yolks is a reaction of the sulfur in the egg white and the iron in the yolk . By placing the warm eggs in ice water, it stops the cooking process and helps to stop the discoloration.
How To Make Homemade Instant Pot Yogurt
Step One: Clean your Instant Pot.
- This sounds like a no-brainer. But I am not talking about simply washing your Instant Pot–you need to sanitize your inner pot.
- You can prepare your inner pot for making yogurt by pouring boiling water in the inner pot and then discard the water.
- This step can be skipped, but it helps drastically in the flavor of your yogurt–especially if you have been making a lot of Instant Pot Chili.
Step Two: Heat your Milk in your Instant Pot.
- Pour ½ gallon milk into the inner pot of your electric pressure cooker, put the lid on the Instant Pot . Hit yogurt function and then the adjust button until it says Boil.
- When the Instant Pot beeps that it is done, remove the lid and test the temperature to be sure the milk has reached 180 degrees.
- I like to leave the inner pot in the Instant Pot for 5 minutes before removing it. This helps the yogurt thicken up a bit better.
Step Three: Cool the milk to approximately 105-115 degrees.
- Cooling the milk to this temperature takes about 1 hour if placed on the counter.
- I like to speed the process up by placing the inner pot into a large mixing bowl in ice water. This takes about 15-20 minutes.
Read Also: Cleaning Instant Pot
How Do You Cook Hard Boiled Eggs In An Instant Pot
We use the 5-5-5 method for cooking eggs in the Instant Pot. What is the 5-5-5 method? 5 minutes high pressure, 5 minutes natural release, 5 minutes ice cold water.
- Place a trivet, basket or egg rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot liner.
- Add the water.
- Place eggs into the basket or trivet.
- Close lid and set to sealing. Press manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes.
- Quick release any remaining pressure after 5 minutes.
- Open the pot and place the eggs in a bowl of ice water.
- Allow the eggs to sit in ice water for 5 minutes. Then remove them, dry them and peel them.
- Serve eggs as desired.
How To Use The Instant Pot Egg Setting
Don’t Miss: How Long To Cook Frozen Pork Loin In Instant Pot
Additional Delicious And Easy Instant Pot Recipes
If you love cooking in the Instant Pot as much as I do, then you’ll want to check out these other great Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Salmon is a delicious, healthy and popular dinner choice.
Looking for a great dish to go with that awesome salmon? How about making Instant Pot Heirloom Potato Salad?
And let’s not forget about a sweet and tasty dessert! Try this recipe for easy and colorful Instant Pot Orange Creamsicle Cake.
Notes On Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- It takes my pressure cooker about 5 minutes to reach pressure, but time to reach pressure may vary.
- If you are using an 8-quart Instant Pot, you may need to use a half cup more liquid to make sure your Instant Pot will come up to pressure.
- You can find more electric pressure cooker recipes with our Recipe Finder.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our .
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- Finally, all electric pressure cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own electric pressure cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Printable Recipe for Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
You May Like: Instant Pot Tuna
Instant Pot Mini Hard Boiled Eggs
Instant Pot Mini Hard Boiled Eggs are the perfect beginner recipe to learn how to use your new multi-cooker. The easy-to-peel eggs are great as a quick high-protein snack or for making egg salad.
The secret to a good Sriracha Egg Salad Sandwich starts with good hard-boiled eggs. Im talking creamy yolks and easy to peel shells.
If youve struggled with achieving these results using the traditional stovetop method youve got to give it a try in your 3 quart instant pot mini.
Last year we added a new member to our small appliance family, a 3 qt Instant Pot Duo Plus Mini.
After reading the manual we couldnt wait to cook something with it and settled on a batch of hard-boiled eggs.
Looking online and in the IP Books Id checked out of the library I found about 100 different methods.
The most popular is something called the 5-5-5 Method.
- You cook the eggs on High Pressure for 5 minutes
- Let them naturally release for 5 minutes
- Then carefully quick release the remaining steam
- And dunk the eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes
We gave it a try using 2 eggs and ended up with overcooked grey yolks and cracked egg shells.
Skimming through the 5-Ingredient Vegetarian Pressure Cooker Cookbook, I noticed the author had a different version that used LOW pressure for 6 minutes followed by a quick release.
So I grabbed 2 more eggs and gave it a try. The whites were perfect but the yolks were a tiny bit overdone.