Why This Recipe For Pressure Cooker Meatballs Works
- Its so much faster than traditionally made meatballs on the stovetop. No long simmering in the sauce, but they taste like they were simmering all day!
- Theyre so juicy, so moist, and the pressure cooker only enhances the flavour.
- These meatballs are super healthy and gluten-free when using certified gluten-free oats. No breadcrumbs!
- Meal prep, batch cooking, and freezer-friendly which means theyre great for more than just one meal!
- Cost-effective and much cheaper than buying frozen meatballs from the store.
- Theyre delicious and work in a variety of ways- for Instant Pot spaghetti and meatballs, in a sandwich, or on their own.
Choose Favorite Ingredients For Making Grape Jelly Meatball Appetizers
Since this is such a simple recipe, its important to choose ingredients with flavors you already like.
If youre not familiar with a brand of frozen meatballs, you may want to do a test run before serving at a party.
I prefer the beef meatballs at Sams Club and thought they had a good flavor. I tested this recipe with the turkey meatballs from Costco, but they didnt hold together very well and I didnt like the flavor, so I wouldnt recommend them.
However, if you have a favorite brand of chicken or turkey meatballs, you can definitely use those!
Best Instant Potfrozen Meatballs
I have this love/hate relationship with my local supermarket.It has wonderful cheap prices, wonderful staff and lots of special offers forlocals. They even have good loyalty cards, which not many supermarkets have.
But what I hate is the lack of choice.
One of the areas that it lacks choice is with meat. Anythingmade from ground meat is awful, many meats such as oxtail is never available,and my favourite beef shin is only in stock at Christmas.
Therefore, when it comes to buying ground beef to make in my meatballs, I always buy it from Makro or Lidl.
But as my meatballs are often way too big compared to many peoples, I have used Lidls delicious fresh meatballs today.
I froze them after purchase, and I am now cooking the meatballs from frozen in the instant pot today.
But that is the frozen meatballs I use, and you can chooseyour own favourite.
Also Check: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Making Meatballs And Rice In The Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Is A Quick And Easy Way To Prepare A Delicious And Hearty Dinner
Cheesy rice, Italian spices, and frozen meatballs make this dish of Italian Instant Pot Meatballs and Rice a simple comfort food youll love!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
As a homeschooling family, we are blessed to have some flexibility in our days. However, that also means I have three young kids running around all day, so the amount of time I can spend making dinner is limited.
Because its only a matter of time before someone will start fighting over a toy, need my help with something, or get a busted lip. Truly, some days it feels like a miracle that Im able to make dinner at all!
I am always on the hunt for new ways to make quick and easy meals in my Instant Pot. Im especially grateful if I can create an Instant Pot meal that is also a one-pot meal, meaning that everything cooks together in the Instant Pot.
Its so nice to only have one pot to clean afterward! Tasty, quick, easy, and minimal cleanup? Thats a win in my book!
Whether you have small kids running around, a taxing job with a long commute home, or youre shuttling big kids back and forth between soccer practice and piano lessons, Im guessing you need quick and easy meals, too.
Thats why Im sure youre going to love this Instant Pot meatballs and rice recipe, made with frozen meatballs and basic pantry staples.
Its one of my favorite Instant Pot frozen meatballs recipes, and for good reason.
Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs Recipe
Posted on Last updated:
This Instant Pot Orange BBQ Meatballs recipe is the perfect solution for your busy weeknight dinner dilemma. We made this an Instant Pot Frozen Meatball recipe for a reason. Itâs quick and simple. Youâre only six ingredients away from having a delicious dinner on your table.
Thanks to the Instant Pot, this recipe goes from a group of ingredients to your plate in less than 15 minutes, making for the perfect weeknight dinner.
Instant Pot Orange BBQ Meatballs Recipe is also a great starter recipe if youâre new to Instant Pot cooking. Many people buy an Instant Pot, and are a little scared to use it.
But donât be! With such a short cooking time, thereâs no need to worry about burning or over-cooking.
If youâre a little scared of the pressure release valve , try using the handle of a wooden spoon as an extra precaution when moving the valve to the venting position.
You May Like: Instant Pot Frozen Bone In Chicken Thighs
Instant Pot Bbq Meatballs Frozen Ingredients
Find the Ingredients with actual measurements at the bottom of the post. The list below is just a reference.
- Frozen Meatballs: Use frozen meatballs either store bought or homemade. DO NOT use fresh homemade meatballs. Check out our favorite brands at the bottom of the post .
- BBQ Sauce: Use your favorite brand. We love Sweet Baby Rays Hickory flavor for todays recipe. The smoky flavor adds a ton of intense depth and makes the BBQ meatballs instant pot recipe an instant hit. You can also use the original bbq sauce.
- Ketchup: Adds a bit of tang to the recipe. Totally worth it!
- Sweet Chili Sauce: Adds a spicy, sweet, tangy flavor to the bbq meatballs with grape jelly.
- Grape Jelly: Grape jelly goes very well with BBQ sauce and makes a fantastic batch of Instant Pot bbq meatballs.
- Seasonings: Paprika, ground black pepper and cayenne. We used a lot of cayenne because we prefer a sweet and spicy sauce. However, if you do not prefer spicy food or making the dish for kids just skip the cayenne or add a pinch or two to balance the sauce.
Recipe For Instant Pot Meatballs
Your family and friends are going to be so happy with how these meatballs turn out! This is a great idea to make for any type of pot luck dinner or Church dinner social. You can keep on making them in multiples batches to use a freezer meal!
The meatballs will stay great in the freezer for up to 6 months. Not that the meatballs will last that long, but if you like freezer meal prepping, then this will be right up your alley. Who doesnt love a great time saving meals?
Dont Miss: Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Tenderloins
Recommended Reading: Can You Cook A Ham In An Instant Pot
Pro Tips And Serving Suggestions For Making Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs
- IF YOU GET A BURN NOTICE: Be sure to place the meatballs on the steam rack or a colander that raises the meatballs from the bottom. Sometimes the meatballs on the bottom can burn if there is nothing to elevate them from the heat.
- Depending on the brand of meatball, it may require additional cook time. If they arent fully cooked all the way through, seal the lid and cook on Manual High Pressure for another 2 minutes.
- A lot of queries ask if these can be made without sauce. Technically, yes, but I think you run the risk of locking in flavor. When cooking in the pressure cooker, make sure the meatballs are fully covered in sauce. It needs the moisture to build up steam and pressure to internally cook to the temperature instructions on the bag.
- You can make these Instant Pot Italian meatballs ahead and reheat them in the microwave easily. They store well for freezer meals, and can be made into sliders, or served with zoodles, soups and stews, and sandwiches. So many yummy appetizer, snack, and dinner options!
Instant Pot Meatballs No Sauce
- Prep: Mince fresh onion and garlic with a knife, a box grater, or puree in a small food processor. Add 1/2 cup water to the bottom of the pot and place a trivet or steamer basket inside. This works for any size Instant Pot.
- Shape meatballs: Combine ground meat, grated onion, and garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper and roll into about 30 smaller golf size balls meatballs. Size doesnt matter, within reason.
- Add meatballs as you roll them. It is OK to stack meatballs and I find dipping hands in a bowl with water helps to roll turkey meatballs.
- Cook on High pressure for 7 minutes. Wait for 2 minutes and release the remaining pressure using the Quick Release method. Open the lid, meatballs are ready and you might have to separate a few meatballs from each other.
Recommended Reading: Pressure Cooker Beets Instant Pot
Frozen Meatballsin Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Unlike childhood memories of meatballsout of a can, one of the great achievements of the instant pot is the abilityto cook meat from frozen and make it taste good.
Yes, lots of gadgets can cookfrozen meat, but how often does it taste good???
But what you also need to remember is you can choose the quality of the frozen meatballs you cook in the instant pot.
You can meal prep your own homemade meatballs recipe and then freeze them and cook from frozen later.
Or you can use shop bought frozenmeatballs, or even Swedish Meatballs from IKEA the choice is YOURS!
How To Make Instant Pot Spaghetti And Meatballs In 3 Easy Steps
Step 1. Add frozen meatballs into the bottom of 6 quart Instant Pot.
Step 2. Break the spaghetti noodles in half and randomly place over the meat. . Pour in the water, then cover with the diced tomatoes. Top with the pasta or âSpaghetti Sauceâ. Then add the spices.
Step 3. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock in place. Cook for 8 minutes on high pressure and then do a manual quick release. Give it a stir and serve.
Getting dinner on the table and gathering family is important in this ever so busy culture we live in. This one will do it quickly and just imagine only one pot to clean! So go ahead and use chinet or paper plates and bring on the conversation with your loved ones.
You May Like: Instant Pot With Yogurt Button
Tips For Instant Pot Spaghetti Success:
- Resist the urge to stir the ingredients together after adding them to the instant pot.
- Add more flavor to the dish by using a more flavorful pasta sauce, extra Italian seasoning, or freshly minced garlic.
- Dont stress if your pasta looks watery after youve opened it up. Give it a stir and let it sit for a minute and the liquid should absorb into a delicious sauce.
Im sure youre going to LOVE this quick and easy Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meatballs!
How To Make Instant Pot Pasta And Meatballs
And last but not least you can make a one pot meal. Make a classic Instant Pot spaghetti and meatballs combo or use any pasta shape you have on hand!
- Cook meatballs with or without tomato sauce first as per recipe.
- Add 2 cups water and 3 cups of any dry pasta. If you cooked meatballs without tomato sauce, add it now.
- Stir gently not to break meatballs: If you add long shape pasta like spaghetti, stirring will be hard. So, break the spaghetti noodles in half and lay them in about 6 layers crisscross to prevent sticking. Top with tomato sauce, if not added yet.
- Cook on High pressure for 5 minutes with Quick Release. Stir and serve.
Recommended Reading: Burn Instant Pot Message
What Does This Mean For You
- It means another appetizer that can be thrown together in mere minutes.
- It means having friends over for Friday night dinner and knowing the meatballs will be perfectly cooked.
- It means no more dirty hands with raw meat rolling meatball after meatball.
- Instead, that hand is now holding a glass of wine!
How To Cook Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs
See how easy it is to make these awesome low carb meatballs?
Read Also: Instant Pot Keeps Saying Food Burn
Instant Pot Meatballs With Marinara
The answer to your busy weeknight dinners: These Instant Pot Meatballs with Marinara may just be my favorite recipe here on Randa Nutrition. Its quick, its easy, and its a family favorite that Ive made multiple times this past month. It can be made in a pressure cooker, slow cooker, or over the stove. The choice is yours.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Prep Ahead And Storage
This meatballs recipe is super freezer-friendly, which means it is ideally suited for meal prep. Simply whip up a batch and then store in the freezer until youre ready to use.
Prep Ahead This meatballs can be cooked up to a few days in advance and reheated.
Store Store the cooked meatballs in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freeze Follow the handy tips below for how to freeze this.
- Transfer into these convenient Ziploc freezer bags.
- Squeeze out all the extra air and seal the bags.
- Label the bags and then lay them flat in the freezer.
- Store in the freezer for 3 months.
- To make reheating easier, freeze in the right portion sizes that you need for the future.
- To Thaw Remove the frozen meatballs from the freezer the night before needed and let thaw in the fridge.
Reheat To reheat, simply let them thaw out in the fridge and then reheat in a saucepan over low heat so that the meatballs stay moist. That way you have
Also Check: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Homemade Meatballs With Jelly & Chili Sauce
These instant pot meatballs with jelly and chili sauce are one of my favorite beef recipes. My other favorite is this best meatloaf If you need something to bring to potluck or a party then these grape jelly meatballs are a must! I guarantee, they will be the first thing people devour.
You can make your own batch of chili sauce or buy it. Both ways are delicious! I noticed most of the meatballs recipes Ive seen use grape jelly.
Grape jelly is amazing but I really love using strawberry. I think I like better than grape but you can use whatever you like.
How To Make It:
Pressure cook the meatballs. Its important to cook the frozen meatballs first, before cooking the rice and veggies.
This is because the cold frozen meatballs lower the temperature of the liquid, causing it to take longer to come to pressure, which is what was causing the burn error in some instances.
So play it safe, and simply cook the meatballs first. I start by adding the beef broth to the insert pot of the Instant Pot, then placing the meatballs in a steamer basket and lowering them in.
You could also just set them on your trivet if you dont have a steamer basket for the Instant Pot.
Add rice and seasonings. After the meatballs have cooked for a couple of minutes, pull out the steamer basket. Add the white rice into the hot beef broth, then stir in the seasonings.
Add the meatballs and veggies. Add the cooked meatballs back into the pot, and layer the carrots and peppers on top. Dont stir anything at this point, but do make sure the rice is all completely submerged in the broth.
Pressure cook. Program a cook time of 4 minutes at high pressure. Since the broth is already hot, the pot will come to pressure pretty quickly.
Once the cook time is complete, allow a 5 minute natural release, followed by a quick release of remaining pressure.
Add cheese. Carefully remove the lid and add in the shredded mozzarella cheese.
Serve and enjoy!
This recipe makes 6 servings, but you can safely cut the Instant Pot recipe in half if you only need 2-3 servings.
Read Also: Instant Pot Lid Cleaning
How To Make Instant Pot Meatballs With Pasta
The key to making pasta in the Instant Potis to layer all the ingredients and not stir.
Using the Instant Pot with tomato based ingredients, can lead to a burn warning. If you dont stir the ingredients together, this will help prevent getting a burn warning.
I know that very its tempting to stir the uncooked pasta with the marinara sauce.
If you have a box of pasta, a jar of sauce in your pantry, and some frozen meatballs, you can make this for dinner!
Start by adding the frozen meatballs to the bottom of the pot. Add the diced tomatoes, pasta, marinara sauce, water and seasonings.
For the frozen meatballs, I have made this pasta recipe with Gardein meatballs and Trader Joes Meatless Meatballs. I like both in this recipe, but I think that vegan meatballs from Trader Joes are just a little bit better in this Instant Pot pasta recipe.
It will take the Instant Pot about 20 to 30 minutes to come to pressure. Since we are using frozen meatballs, it takes the pressure cooker a little bit longer to come to pressure.
I like to garnish the pasta with vegan parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
I also think that adding some vegan shredded mozzarella after the pasta is done cooking would be really delicious.
If you need an easy meal to get on the table, this Instant Pot Frozen Meatballs with Pasta is a great recipe to have on hand!