How To Make Pressure Cooker Eggs
Are you ready to see how easy these eggs are to make? You are looking at three steps:
More Instant Pot Recipes To Try
Want to try out more recipes in your pressure cooker? Start with these simple dishes!
Calcium3%Iron5%Did you try this recipe?
I’d love to see! Just snap a photo and hashtag it #LIFEMADESWEETER or tag me on
Free Low Carb / Keto Recipes E-Book!
Sign up now to get a FREE low carb / Keto-friendly recipe e-book, plus access to subscriber exclusives!
What Makes This Method So Good
- The method is super reliable! Once you nail down your perfect cooking time, youll get consistently boiled eggs every single time.
- Boiled eggs are perfect for snacks-on-hand, meal prep, or even if youre doing an egg fast. Refrigerate hard boiled eggs up to 7 days unpeeled or 5 days peeled. Unpeeled soft boiled eggs will keep in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
- The general rule-of-thumb for boiling eggs on the stovetop is that older eggs just work better. That may be true for the stove, but in my experience, the Instant Pot will give you the same results whether your eggs are fresh or older.
Don’t Miss: How To Choose Instant Pot
How To Make Soft Boiled Eggs
If you want to make Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs, its equally simple to do.
Heres how to make Soft Boiled Eggs in the Instant Pot:
I love soft boiled eggs and like to snip off the top with scissors and dip toast points into for a super fancy sounding breakfast thats totally not fancy at all.
How To Make Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs
If you dont really care about various degrees of soft boiled yolk and just want one method, then here it is:
Also Check: Melissa Clark Instant Pot Recipes
Why Pressure Cook Your Eggs
Using the Instant Pot to pressure cook the eggs will save you lots of time. Since its pressure cooking, the cooking process actually starts and ends much faster than boiling a pot of water. So you end up saving a lot of time and you can make much more eggs within that time as well.
Be it a dinner party where you need a dozen or so eggs, or meal prepping. This is the way to keep your stovetop busy with other dishes and prepare boiled eggs in a quick, consistent and the best way possible.
How Long To Cook Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
- For soft-boiled eggs : Cook on low pressure for 4 minutes, then quick-release the machine, and plunge the eggs into an ice bath. Peel when cool. I also tried cooking eggs for 3 minutes. They ended up being too soft to peel, with undercooked whites.
- For medium-boiled eggs : Same process, but for 5 minutes.
- For hard-boiled eggs : Same process, but for at least 7 minutes .
Now that I’ve made this my usual routine when making boiled eggs , it’s so easy to remember that even I won’t have to look it up next time.
grab a spatula & cook with us:
Recommended Reading: Can I Cook Frozen Chicken In The Instant Pot
Electric Pressure Cooking Eggs
Set-up: Pour water into the pot, place the rack inside, and evenly space out the eggs. The metal rack elevates the eggs above the water so they can steam efficiently once the pressure has built up. The rack that comes with the Instant Pot only fits 6 eggs in a single layer. However, if you want to cook more at one time, there are stackable egg steamer rack trivets that you can purchase.
Cook Time: The exact minutes of cook time makes a huge difference. Cook the eggs using the manual setting on high pressure. Pressure cooker soft-boiled eggs require 3 minutes. Hard-boiled eggs need 5 minutes.
Pressure Release: A quick release of the pressure is used for soft boiled eggs so that the temperature can swiftly drop down and not overcook the eggs. A 5-minute natural pressure release is used for hard-boiled eggs, then manually releasing the rest of the pressure.
Why Use An Ice Bath
The ice bath will cool the eggs immediately so they wont keep cooking in the residual heat. Plus, the eggs will be shocked, which makes them very easy to peel.
What if you dont have ice? No problem at all! Simply run the eggs under cold tap water for 1 to 2 minutes, until they are cooled enough to peel. The eggs might be slightly easier to peel using the ice bath method, but the tap water method is a lazy one that I use all the time.
Also Check: How Long Do You Cook Chicken In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs
Heres how to make Instant Pot soft boiled eggs! It takes 10 minutes total and the pressure cooker method couldnt be easier.
Ahh, the perfect soft boiled egg. Smooth and glossy on the outside, golden and jammy on the inside. This illusive state of the egg can be difficult to perfect. But heres a trick that works every time: Instant Pot soft boiled eggs! If youve got a pressure cooker, its absolutely worth trying out soft boiled eggs. Alex and I love making them to top our ramen, or to serve with toast and coffee as a fancy breakfast. Heres a little more about this method!
How To Make Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
I have tried boiling hard boiled eggs on the stovetop, making hard boiled eggs in the oven and the microwave and even have resorted to making a batch of hard boiled eggs in the slow cooker! But not one method proved to yield perfect, easy to peel hard boiled eggs every single time.
Making Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs is the answer to all my problems and the reason my Instant Pot didnt end up in the garbage! And these Pressure cooker Hard Boiled Eggs are so easy to make.
A ton of people talk about the Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs 5-5-5 method and this is very similar except I dont really count the warming up period and I always use manual release because Im impatient. And I may not leave the hard boiled eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes if Im just cooking them for my weekly meal prep.
You May Like: Can You Put Oil In Instant Pot
The Pressure Cooker Eggs Results
Hey what happened to the 3-minute one?! Before we go into that, lets take a closer look at the yolk of these Pressure Cooker Eggs.
5 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg egg white is just set yolk is thick and runny
6 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg egg white is fully set yolk is slightly cooked on the edge, but its still thick and runny
7 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg 8 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg9 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg10 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg12 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg13 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg14 Minutes Pressure Cooker EggOkay! As promised. First take a deep breathhere it is3 Minutes Pressure Cooker Egg
How Does Pressure Cooking Eggs Work
Cooking eggs in a pressure cooker simulate steam heat cooking but at even higher temperatures. The cold water added to the enclosed pot heats very quickly under pressure, and the temperature rises above boiling point to between 220 to 250°F . This quickly cooks the egg white proteins, rapidly causing the egg white to shrink down away from the membrane and shell, making the eggs easier to peel in most cases.
Pin this recipe to save for later
You May Like: What Is The Manual Setting On The Instant Pot
How To Peel Hard Boiled Eggs
Now that you have made the perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs, peeling them is fairly easy but there is a technique I use to get them to peel off in almost one smooth motion.
- Start by lightly tapping the ends of the egg on a hard surface or countertop to crack the shell.
- Lay the egg on its side. Lightly roll it back and forth applying just the slightest amount of pressure to crack the shell all the way around.
- Find the end with the air pocket and peel away the shell and membrane to expose the egg white. Then, peel the shell and membrane off the egg carefully.
Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Although this post is specifically dedicated to Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs, during my many tries, I accidentally stumbled upon Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs also.
Generally, Internet community swears by the 5-5-5 method to make hard boiled eggs. What it means is that you cook eggs for 5 minutes at high pressure, then do 5 minutes natural pressure release followed by a quick release, then finish with 5 minutes in ice bath.
I have tried that method and it works! Eggs cooked that way are perfect for deviled eggs or egg salad. However, I actually like hard boiled egg yolk that isnt completely dry and has just a touch of that jammyness .
So, to get those perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs that are great to put on a composed salads, you have two options:
You May Like: How To Boil Egg In Instant Pot
Tips For Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
How To Cook Soft Boiled Eggs In Pressure Cooker
- Place 1 cup of water in the inner pot of pressure cooker
- ONLY use 1 cup of water for the 6 quart and 1 ½ cups for the 8 quart. Any more water will take longer to come to pressure, overcooking your soft boiled eggs.
- Seal pressure cooker.
- Set cook time to 3 minutes.
- Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice and cold water.
- After cook time has elapsed, immediately release pressure, by using a wooden spoon or tongs to knock the valve from sealing to venting.
- Carefully, remove eggs from the pressure cooker and place them in an ice bath. Eggs are VERY hot, so use potholders or tongs if your fingers aren’t made of steel!
- After eggs have been in an ice bath, until cool enough to handle , remove eggs from the ice bath.
- Peel and enjoy your PERFECT soft boiled eggs.
Don’t Miss: How To Seal Instant Pot Duo Nova
How To Make Soft Boiled Eggs In The Mealthy Multipot
- Plug in the multipot, and add 1.5 cups of really cold water in the inner pot of the multipot. And ensure to use really cold water for this. Because the quantity and temperature of the water determines how much time it takes the pressure cooker to come to pressure. And using really cold water adds a few minutes of time for the cooker to come to pressure, which means an additional few minutes to cook the eggs.
- Next, place the trivet in the pot, and place 4 large eggs on the trivet. I have used refrigerated eggs straight from the fridge, and I recommend you do the same.
- Then close the lid, and ensure the multipot is sealed.
step by step photos of making Mealthy Multipot soft boiled eggs
- Select pressure cook mode to be LOW pressure, time to be 2 MINUTES, and pressure release style to be NATURAL.
- The pot will first preheat, and then pressure cook the eggs for 2 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is complete, wait for 1 minute on the display, and then manually release all the pressure from the pot.
- Once the pot is depressurized, open the lid, and get the eggs out of the pot, and transfer them directly to an ice bath for about 5 minutes, to stop the further cooking of eggs.
- Then start peeling the eggs, and cut & serve. Easy peel soft boiled eggs are ready.
time for making soft boiled eggs to get easy peel eggs
Soft Boiled Dipping Eggs In The Instant Pot
Soft Cooked Dipping Eggs are so easy to make in the Instant Pot just 2 minutes & they are perfect with slices of toast!
With 5 kids running around our house every morning, getting everyone fed and school work started can be a challenge most mornings.
Every morning we rely on the same quick foods to get us going soft and hard boiled eggs, oatmeal and yogurt.
Sometimes, they eat tomatoes weird, but true..
One of their favorite things to eat is hard boiled eggs. They are SO easy to make in the Instant Pot, and I can make a dozen at at time.
Don’t Miss: Can Crock Pot Liners Be Used In An Instant Pot
Did You Make This Recipe
Tag on Instagram
Send Me Free Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love Instant Pot/Crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. Youll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that Ive linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!
Perfect Soft Medium Hard Boiled Eggs Tips
Note: Making pressure cooker eggs is easy. But if you want perfecteggs, be mindful that many factors affect the results of your eggs:
- Amount and temperature of the cooking liquid
- Amount of eggs
- Cooking method
- Resting time & method
So test and adjust to your situation!
Now were curious, which one would YOU consider to be the perfect hard boiled egg, perfect medium boiled egg, and perfect soft boiled egg? And which one is your favorite? Tell us in the comments!
Now its YOUR turn to take out your pressure cooker and cook some Perfect Instant Pot Soft, Medium, Hard Boiled Eggs!
Recommended Reading: How To Make Broth In Instant Pot
What Can The Instant Pot Do
The Instant Pot is a single appliance that does the job of seven different kitchen appliances. It can handle the tasks of a slow cooker, electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, sauté/browning pan, and a warming pot. Think of all those appliances taking up space in your kitchen that can be replaced by one.
While I am still learning all the functions of the Instant Pot, the first technique I mastered was preparing hard and soft-boiled eggs.