Covering Egg Bites Before Cooking
It’s best to cover your egg bites with a parchment round or aluminum foil before cooking, just to make sure that the condensation on the lid doesn’t drip down to your beautiful eggs. If your egg molds came with a plastic lid, they are for storage and cant be used for cooking. If the egg mold lid is silicone, you should be able to use it when cooking, but be sure to check with your manufacturer instructions first.
Instant Pot Egg Mold Recipes
Egg Bites. Id be remiss if I didnt mention the fabulous copycat sous-vide style egg bites in a post about Instant Pot silicone mold recipes! You can make them in so many different meat, cheese, and veggie combos. My favorite is this Bacon & Gruyere Instant Pot Egg Bites recipe, which can be modified with your favorite ingredient combinations.
Poached Eggs. Your Instant Pot silicone egg bites mold can also make the perfect and easiest poached eggs. Get the easy method from Forkly here.
Donut Holes. Say what?? Yes, you can make soft, fluffy, and delicious baked goods in your Instant Pot! If youre looking for good egg bite mold recipes you must try these Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes.
Cinnamon Roll Bites. Made with canned cinnamon rolls, these couldnt be easier and are basically like getting all soft cinnamon roll centers ! Our family is a big fan of cinnamon rolls this way, and weve made them several times. Get the easy instructions on Chase Laughter here.
Mini Muffins. Instant Pot egg bite molds make perfectly-portioned mini muffins and cupcakes. Heres a super simple Instant Pot recipe for blueberry muffin bites from Flour on My Face.
Cornbread Muffins. Fill up a basket with these individually-sized Instant Pot Cornbread Muffins to serve alongside soups, stews, and chilis. This silicone egg bites mold recipe can be made with diced jalapeno peppers for an extra kick.
Have you tried anything else in your Instant Pots silicone egg bite molds? Id love to know!
Sous Vide Style Egg Bites From An Instant Pot
Since acquiring an instant Pot, ive been fascinated with the egg bite recipes. The sous vide egg bites that have become so popular at Starbucks are delicious. But can I make something as tasty without a sous vide machine. The answer is a resounding YES! In fact, these egg bites are better. Ive had a couple of other egg bite recipes ive enjoyed, but after lots of experimentation, ive finally come up with the best. Lets take a closer look
Also Check: How To Cook Black Eyed Peas In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Egg Bite Mold Recipes
You know I love my Instant Pot, and Ive been all about making Instant Pot egg bite mold recipes lately. If youre looking for Instant Pot silicone mold recipes, you might be surprised to learn that you can make so much more than eggs with them. While Instant Pot egg bites are delicious, egg bite mold recipes are actually very versatile, and can be used for tasty, individually-portioned lunches, sides, entrees, and desserts as well. Today Im sharing my 13 favorite, tried-and-true silicone egg bites mold recipes many of which go way beyond breakfast! Be sure to pin these Instant Pot egg mold recipes for later.
Egg Bites Are Amazing And These Are Even Better No Cottage Cheese And No Ricotta
If you ever tried Starbuck egg bites you may know they contain cottage cheese. But what if you are not a fan of this cheese? No worries just follow this easy recipe and youll get delicious egg bites. So are you ready to learn how to make Instant Pot Egg Bites without cottage cheese? Join me in the bistro kitchen!
Cottage cheese is plain cheese that hardly has any taste but a crumbly texture.
The main reason to add this cheese to an egg bite is to thicken the eggs but if you are not a fan you can still make your own egg bites.
Recommended Reading: Frozen Hamburger In The Instant Pot
More Easy Pressure Cooker Recipes:
- Use room temperature ingredients, especially the eggs should be at room temperature.
- Do NOT over-mix the egg mixture, as the bites will turn out too airy.
- Do NOT stuff them with fillings, use just a bit, as they are quite small.
- Also, do NOT overfill the molds, as they tend to rise a bit when cooking.
How To Make Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe From Scratch
If you love a great and fun breakfast, you surely will love making this easy recipe. You will need:
- Instant Pot we love this one as it has many functions and its quite handy.
- Silicone egg molds this one is perfect for the bites, resulting in a fluffy texture.
- Trivet to place the mold on top of it.
If you havent used the pressure cooker before, this is the perfect recipe to start utilizing it! It is one of the simplest dishes you can make and a good way to practice your IP skills.
You May Like: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Can You Bake Instant Pot Egg Bites
Definitely! If you dont have an instant pot, you can bake egg bites in a muffin tin instead:
What Are Some Good Fillings For Egg Bites
In addition to the eggs, add some cheese and chopped up add-ins to make your egg bites fun and flavorful.
I like to blend a mixture of cottage cheese and any soft cheese into the eggs, then stir in some shredded hard cheese with the other mix-ins.
For eggier, less cheesy bites, you can certainly skip or reduce the amount of cheese. If so, you may want to add extra eggs or egg whites to make up the volume, so your bites arent too small.
For the egg bites pictured here, I used some chopped breakfast sausage, bell pepper, and green onions. Egg bites are a great repository for any leftovers, toothink cooked meat or roasted veggies from last nights dinner.
Here are some other ideas to try:
- Wilted spinach and cheese
- Crumbled bacon
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Making Your Own Variations
If you wish to make your own winning combination, here are some ingredients that you can mix and match to make something tasty:
- Veggies: Onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, green onions, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, spinach, kale, potatoes, and any and all types of herbs.
- Meats: Bacon, ham, steak, grilled chicken, turkey, Canadian bacon and sausage.
- Cheeses: Mozzarella, parmesan, jack cheese, cheddar, feta, goat cheese and pepper jack.
Egg White & Red Pepper Bites
I wanted to recreate the popular Starbucks flavor by using egg whites and roasted red pepper, but something interesting happened the first time I tested this recipe the ingredients all floated to the top of the mold, as pictured above.
That means all of the toppings were on the bottom of the egg bite, leaving the rest of the egg bite totally plain. This didnt happen with my other egg bites using the whole egg only the egg whites.
You can get around this by adding your veggies, or other add ins, to the mold first, then pouring the egg white mixture over the top to fill the mold. The spinach still sometimes floats to the top, but the other ingredients disperse better!
Ive included two more flavor variations in the recipe below a simple Gruyere version , and a pizza version made with sun-dried tomatoes. I hope youll enjoy them!
Don’t Miss: Can The Instant Pot Go In The Dishwasher
What To Serve Egg Bites With
These Egg Bites taste amazing all by themselves, but if youre feeding a crowd they taste great served alongside hashbrown breakfast casserole and some rainbow fruit kabobs! Or, serve with bacon and avocado toast with mimosas for brunch!
How To Make Instant Pot Egg Bites
- Prep: Add 1 cup cold water to 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot and spray silicone mold well with cooking spray. Make sure to coat bottom and sides.
- Make egg mixture: In a large measuring cup whisk eggs, water, baking powder, salt and pepper. You can use any large vessel with a spout for easy pouring into the molds. Then pour egg mixture into each mold about 2/3 full.
- Add toppings: Now you can add toppings like veggies, meat and cheese. No need to stir them as they will sink anyways. Thats why we do not mix toppings with egg mixture. So easy!
- Stack molds: Close each silicone mold with a lid, stack on top of each other and place on trivet with handles. The one pictured came with my stackable stainless steel pans to cook 2 things at a time. I also have this one that came with my Instant Pot DUO 8 quart.
- Pressure cook on Low: Then close the lid, move valve to Sealing and Pressure Cook on Low for 8 minutes 8 quart Instant Pot, 11 minutes 6 quart Instant Pot. And then we release pressure using Quick Release.
Read Also: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
This Instant Pot Egg Bites recipe with baby spinach and roasted red peppers is an easy and delicious recipe that you can make ahead for healthy meal prep.
If you have tried Starbucks sous vide egg bites, you are going to love the velvety texture of these Instant Pot egg bites!
These are soft, creamy egg bites with cheese, meat, and vegetables, making them a healthy breakfast that is also full of protein that will keep you full all morning.
The most important part of this recipe is an Instant Pot! I use a 6-qt DUO-Plus for this recipe.
Can You Freeze Egg Bites
Egg bites can also be frozen for several months. I would recommend putting them in individual serving size freezer bags. This way you can pull one out for whoever wants one instead of thawing a whole bunch nobody will eat. To reheat frozen egg bites, simply throw them in the microwave for 1 ½ 2 minutes.
1. In a blender, process the eggs, salt, pepper, cream cheese, cottage cheese, and gruyere cheese.
2. Lightly spray the silicone egg mold with cooking spray.
3. Distribute the chopped bacon pieces to the bottom of each silicone mold.
4. Take the egg mixture and disperse among each mold pouring over the bacon pieces. Make sure you do not over fill so that you can place the lid of the molds without making a mess.
5. In the instant pot, pour one cup of water. Place the trivet into the Instant Pot.
6. Put the silicone lid on the silicone mold.
7. Place the mold in the Instant Pot on the trivet inside.
8. Close the instant pot by placing the lid on the pot and twist the lid to secure. Close the valve.
9. Using the steam setting, set the timer to 8 minutes.
10. When the Instant Pot has finished, open the valve to release the pressure.
11. Using the trivet, pull the mold out of the Instant Pot. Keeping the egg bites in the mold, place the silicone mold on a wired cooling rack.
12. Let them stay in the molds before removing for about 5 minutes. They will continue to cook as well as cool.
Amount Per Serving:
You May Like: How To Cook Frozen Hamburger Meat In The Instant Pot
Silicone Egg Bites Molds
For these Instant Pot Egg Bites, I use the silicone egg bite molds. Theyre easy to get, affordable and are the perfect size for out egg bites. Even though its made of silicone, I still spray them with non-stick cooking spray. It makes getting them out of the molds a ton easier and cleanup is a breeze.
When cooking, youll cover the egg bite mold with aluminum foil and place it on the trivet with 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot. Then its 8 minutes on the steam setting, and 10 minutes natural release. After the minutes NPR you can release the rest of the pressure and carefully remove from pot. Remove the foil and let it set cool for 5-10 minutes. Then the egg bites will slide right out.
Diced Green Chilis + Pepperjack Cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup diced sun dried tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
I like to make a batch of these on Sunday so that I can have them on hand for quick breakfasts during the week. Ill just pop the egg bites out of the silicone mold and pack them up in a ziploc bag. Then, when Im feeling hungry, they just need a quick 30-seconds in the microwave. You can also freeze your Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites. If frozen, theyll take about 1 ½ 2 minutes in the microwave.
How would you customize your Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites? Id love to hear your favorite combination in the comments below!
If you loved these Instant Pot Egg Bites I would appreciate it so much if you would give this recipe a star review! Also, be sure to snap a picture of your finished egg bites and share it with me on
For more great Platings & Pairings recipes, be sure to follow me on , , and .
Also Check: Insta Pot Food Burn
Delicious Egg Bite Mix
You can make a Starbucks copycat version with bacon and Guyere, but there are a bunch of other combinations you can try!
- Vegetarian Egg Bites – choose any combination of chopped spinach, kale, onions, garlic, zucchini, carrots, with herbs, like parsley, basil, oregano, sage, thyme and/or rosemary.
- Dairy Free Egg Bites – feel free to substitute with vegan cheese.
- Fajita Egg Bites – put in chopped taco meat, onions, bell pepper, and cilantro with some oregano, cumin, and chile powder.
- Greek Style Egg Bites – add feta cheese, chopped Kalamata olives, spinach, and oregano, Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing, if you’d like.
- Brunch Egg Bites – mix in cream cheese into the eggs, and add chopped smoked salmon and chives.
One Hot Instant Pot Discussion Topic Is The Making Copycat Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites And As With Most Instant Pot Recipes They Are Designed For The 6 Quart Model But What About Us With The 3 Quart Instant Pot Mini Check Out My Basic Instant Pot Mini Egg Bites Attempts
While I watched the Facebook groups and discussion about egg bites, I honestly wasnt sure what the hype was about until I had an actual Starbucks sous vide egg bite the the other day. Knowing that most of the recipes are for the 6 quart model, I knew I would need to experiment a little bit for my own version of Instant Pot Mini Egg bites. Ultimately my goal was to create something that I could keep in the freezer to either bring to work for breakfast or eat the end of a day that ran longer than expected.
And one more note: this post contains affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission if you buy through my link. You wont pay any more if you use this link.
You May Like: Instant Pot Acorn Squash
Can You Freeze These Egg Bites
Just make them as directed and then allow them to cool down a bit. Place in an airtight freezer container, and store in the freezer for up to three months.
Then warm them up in the microwave from the freezer or thaw them in the fridge overnight and warm them up in the morning.
Runny Egg Bites Heres What To Do
- If your egg bites are still runny, put them back in the Instant Pot for a couple of minutes longer.
- Remember that too many add-ins mean the egg bites will take longer to set. So, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- A lot of wet add-ins like tomatoes will add too much moisture and make them not set. So, salt and drain the tomatoes or cook them first before adding them in.