Instant Pot Honey Bbq Pork Rib Tips
Addictively sweet and spicy, you can whip up a batch of these rib tips in no time thanks to the convenience of a pressure cooker.
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2½ teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 2¼ teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 3 pounds pork rib tips, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
How To Make Prime Rib Gravy
This recipe calls for all-purpose flour for the purpose of making gravy from the drippings. Homemade gravy is easy, delicious, and adds so much flavor to the dish!
How To Make These Ribs Using Your Own Barbecue Sauce
The barbecue sauce that someone chooses to slather on ones ribs is quite the personal thing. We understand and respect this. While we like the simple mustard barbecue sauce in the above pressure cooker ribs recipe, we understand if you prefer to substitute a barbecue sauce thats already near and dear to your heart. Just follow the recipe above through Step 4 and then discard the broth and use your barbecue sauce to baste the ribs in place of the mustard, brown sugar and broth mixture.
Also Check: Kale Recipes Instant Pot
Why Wrap Ribs In Plastic Wrap
- The plastic wrap keeps in the moisture and allows the seasoning to penetrate.
- Seasonings and sugar will become liquidity, which will tenderize the meat.
Ribs Are Curled in the Pressure Cooker
The onion liquid smoke in the bottom of the pot with the other liquid will infuse a nice onion and smoky flavor.
The trivet keeps the ribs above the liquid so that they steam and not boil in the liquid. This gives great flavor.
What Is A Beef Rib Finger
Beef rib Fingers are the thin strips of beef cut from between individual ribs. It’s essentially the rib, but without the bone. It’s nice an tender when cooked correctly.
This instant pot short ribs recipe is as simple as mixing the spices, or use your favorite rub, and sear the meat. Add in the other ingredients and let the Instant Pot do it’s magic.
As an added bonus, not only do you get to enjoy amazing beef short ribs, but the bones take on a spicy flavor and are super tasty when used to make bone broth.
You May Like: Can Instant Pot Go In Dishwasher
How To Cook Prime Rib In The Instant Pot
What Are Beef Short Ribs
What kind of meat is short ribs? Its not what you might think!
Surprisingly, boneless beef short ribs are not actually rib meat. They are cut from the chuck, or shoulder, but can be harder to find.
Bone-in short ribs come from the belly and are a much fattier cut of meat. Many butchers will actually remove the bones from bone-in short ribs for you, which is what I did for this boneless short rib recipe.
TIP: If youre using bone-in short ribs, you will need to increase the pressure cook time to 50 minutes. Short rib meat takes a bit longer to cook with the bones than without.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Frozen Ribs In Instant Pot
More About Instant Pot Bbq Rib Tips Recipes
INSTANT POT RIBS (TENDER & AMP FINGER-LICKING GOOD …
- Place trivet in the instant pot and ribs on top of the trivet in a circular fashion. Add water, liquid smoke, juice from one orange and the leftover orange slices, into the instant pot. Secure lid and set on manual pressure at High for 25 minutes. Allow for natural release for an additional 15 minutes.
- While the ribs are cooking, combine remaining ingredients into a small pot on the stove. Whisk and cook ingredients over medium-low heat for approximately 15 minutes. Flavors will come together, onions will cook through, and the sauce will become thicker. Remove from heat and await ribs.
RIB TIPS – COUNTRY STYLE RIBS AND AWARD WINNING BBQ RECIPE
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot and then stack the rib tips on the Instant Pot trivet and place the trivet in the inner pot.
- Allow for a natural release and then when the pressure has all been let out, either serve the tib tips with barbecue sauce or finish on the grill for 1-2 minutes on each side and then serve.
THE BEST INSTANT POT BBQ RIBS RECIPE YOU CAN MAKE YEAR ROUND
- Add water, liquid smoke, the orange juices along with the leftover orange slices and rinds, into the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and set on manual pressure at High for 25 minutes. Allow for natural release for an additional 15 minutes.
INSTANT POT HONEY-BBQ RIBS – MY FEARLESS KITCHEN
Side Dishes To Serve With Instant Pot Bbq Ribs
Amount Per Serving:
Please note that nutrition information you see is provided and automatically calculated by Nutritionix. This may vary depending on the specific ingredients that you use. To ensure the most accurate information, I suggest entering your specific ingredients into a nutrition calculator.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Frozen Meatballs In An Instant Pot
Whats Needed For Instant Pot Short Ribs
The ingredients for these pressure cooker short ribs are mostly pantry staples, making it an easy recipe to whip up at a moments notice. Heres what we used for these Instant Pot beef ribs:
- Bone-in beef short ribs
Which Ribs Are Best To Cook In Instant Pot
Feel free to use any kind you like best. Our two most favorite types which we always use are:
- Baby back ribs: They tend to be smaller in size and also more tender. They cook perfectly well and absorb the flavor nicely when cooked under pressure. I highly recommend using them!
- Spare ribs: These are larger, meatier, and also have a higher fat content.
Read Also: Frozen Ribs Pressure Cooker
How To Cook Instant Pot Pork Ribs From Frozen
Seasoning the ribs before freezing them is important. The spice rub wont stick to the meat if frozen. Also cut the rib rack into smaller pieces so they fit in the Instant Pot comfortably.
When cooking ribs in the instant pot from frozen, add additional 5-7 minutes of cooking time. Just like fresh or thawed out ribs cook on high pressure.
What Kind Of Pork Ribs To Buy
Although this quick and easy recipe calls for baby back ribs, you can use other type of pork ribs like spareribs St. Louis style ribs, country style ribs or pork loin ribs. Pick your favorite type of ribs and go with it!
- Baby Back Ribs: Also known as loin ribs, loin back ribs and back ribs. Baby back ribs are called baby because they are shorter than other types of ribs. They are the leanest and most tender of all the ribs.
- Spare Ribs: Also known as side ribs. Due to marbling these ribs are succulent and have a richer, meatier flavor. They usually have more meant between bones than on the top.
- St. Louis Style Ribs: Also known as Kansas city cut. These ribs are the same as spare ribs but with the tips cut off which makes them a bit shorter than spare ribs.
Also Check: Instant Pot Slow Cook Settings
How Long To Cook Ribs In Instant Pot
Fresh pork ribs take between 22 25 minutes to cook in the Instant Pot. Time varies depending on the type of ribs you are cooking. Extra meaty ribs take about 25 minutes. To cook frozen ribs in the pressure cooker, add about 5 7 minutes of high pressure cooking time.
- Baby Back Ribs: To cook baby back ribs in the instant pot , cook on high pressure for 23 -25 minutes + 5 minutes of natural pressure release .
- Spare Ribs: To cook spare ribs in the instant pot , cook on high pressure 30-35 minutes + 20 minutes of natural release. Do not skip the natural pressure release . This is an important step that will guarantee tenderness.
- St. Louis Style Ribs: To cook St. Louis style ribs in the instant pot , cook on high pressure 30-35 minutes + 20 minutes of natural release. Do not skip the natural pressure release .
If you live in high altitude, choose the higher number so you cook the ribs a bit longer. For lower altitude simple chose the lower cooking time.
What Kind Of Spices Or Dry rub Mix To Use For Ribs?
I provide a simple and tasty spice mix for this insta pot recipe, however you can use your favorite pork rib seasoning.
What Size Instant Pot Do I Need To Cook Ribs?
You can cook these barbecue pork ribs in a 6 Qt pressure cooker or in a larger 8 Qt or 10 Qt pressure cooker.
Can I Double this Instapot Ribs Recipe?
Can These Instant Pot Ribs Be Made In Advance
Yes. You can make Instant Pot ribs ahead of time. Pressure cook the ribs up to 2 days ahead. Cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to eat, brush them with the BBQ sauce and warm them up in a preheated 350 degree oven until warm through. Brush them again generously with the BBQ sauce, and place them under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until slightly charred.
You can also heat up the ribs on a grill brushing them with sauce as they reheat.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Frozen Pork Chops In Pressure Cooker
Tips For Smoking Tips
- Smoke the tips intact vs cutting them first. Smoking them whole will preserve their moisture.
- To cook them Chicago style increase the temperature to 300 degrees and baste the ribs the last 30 minutes of cook with your favorite bbq sauce.
- Whenever I buy slabs of ribs, I carve them and then freeze the tips until I’m ready to cook them.
For other smoker recipes like this you might like, try these:
Sunday 18th of April 2021
My mouth is watering just by looking at these ribs! Cannot wait to open the grill season and make this recipe!
Sunday 18th of April 2021
Yes, it’s that time of the year! I can’t wait to get the right meat for it and get to cooking. I bet the smell is out of this world!
Sunday 18th of April 2021
When I saw the picture for this recipe I knew I had to make this! The ribs look absolutely amazing and super delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe, I cant wait to try it out!
Sunday 18th of April 2021
These rib tips are the real deal! The smokey flavor is insane and the meat was so tender! We’re going to make these again real soon!
Cooking with Carbs
Sunday 18th of April 2021
Great tip on asking for rib tips to maximize flavour and also save on cost! I fully agree on keeping the meat in tact to preserve moisture.
How To Make Ribs In An Air Fryer Or Air Fryer Pork Rib Tips
Whether making ribs or todays rib adventure, Air Fryer Pork Rib Tips. The first thing to do is to prepare them.
For Pork Riblets, this means cutting them into 1 to 2-inch pieces. Riblets usually come prepacked at your grocery store. It not ask your local butcher shop or ask your meat department.
Usually, the membrane is removed. If not remove, that will make it easier to cut. Cut your riblet up, then place them into the air fryer basket.
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 4 to 6 minutes. Then place the riblets into the air fryer basket. Either side, for about 10 minutes, shaking the basket frequently.
When the ribs are fully cooked, remove them from the air fryer basket.
Using a pair of tongs toss in yourfavorite BBQ sauce.
Place the covered BBQ Ribs back into the air fryer for about 4 to 6 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, air fryer setting.
Allow for the ribs to rest for a few minutes, before serving.
You May Like: Pressure Cooking Tuna
Prime Rib Instant Pot Tips
- Reverse seared prime rib makes it easy to cook your rib roast to the perfect temperature while maintaining a beautiful crust on the outside!
- Beef stock vs red wine: If you would prefer, you can substitute the red wine for additional beef stock.
- Meat thermometer: Always use a meat thermometer to achieve your desired degree of doneness.
- Let it rest: Always let the roast sit for 15 minutes before carving. This helps lock in the flavor.
- Slice against the grain: For the most tender prime rib, slice against the grain.
What Is The Difference Between Baby Back Ribs Spare Ribs St Louis Style Ribs And Country Style Ribs
You can make this recipe with any type of pork ribs. Ive used spare ribs here, but you can use St. Louis style ribs, country style ribs, or baby back ribs, too. Whats the difference? Im glad you asked!
- Baby back ribs are the ribs that attach to the pigs spine. They are small and are found on the back of the pig . They are smaller and leaner than spare ribs. You can tell baby back ribs because the bone is bent, while spare ribs are straight.
- Spare ribs are from the pigs sides, extending towards the pigs breast plate. Spare ribs have straight bones and are meatier and fattier.
- St Louis style ribs are the same part of the pig as spare ribs, they are just trimmed a little more, with the tips and cartilage cut off, making them shorter than regular spare ribs.
- Country style ribs arent even really ribs. They come from the top of the pigs shoulder. Technically, they are actually chops, not ribs. They are extra meaty, with a higher meat-to-bone ratio.
Read Also: Frozen Tamales In Ninja Foodi
How To Caramelize Instant Pot Bbq Ribs
Optionally, you can caramelize the BBQ baby back ribs. I always like to caramelize it after so the BBQ sauce sticks to the meat and the crusts of the meat browns and crisps a little as well.
Here are some options that doesnt require a grill!
Option 1: Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid / Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer
If youre using the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid, just put the coated ribs back in the inner pot and put the air fryer lid on top. Run Air Fry for 10 minutes at 400F.
Travelling Foodie Tip: It is preferred to have the inner pot drained of liquids and dried before placing the ribs back for air frying. BUT I also tried just air frying without doing this and didnt find a big noticeable difference in quality so it really depends if you want to do the extra cleaning step, which I dont.
Option 2: Broil in the Oven
Place the pork ribs on a tray lined with aluminum foil and broil for 6-8 minutes in a pre-heated oven.
Option 3: Air Fryer