Instant Pot Recipe Binder
This awesome 30-page Instant Pot Recipe Binder Printable gives you everything you need and all in one place. It contains all sorts of easy-to-use tools and helpful information to give you a truly organized and easily accessible Instant Pot recipe collection. It Includes:
- 1 Instant Pot Recipes Binder Cover
- 1 Instant Pot Recipe Page
- 9 Recipe Category Cover Pages
- 7 Specialty Category Cover Pages
- 1 Kitchen Conversion Sheet
- 3 Inventory Sheets
- 2 Instant Pot Cooking Times Cheat Sheets
- 2 Pre-Filled Instant Pot recipes
- 1 Notes and Tips Page
Thank you for reading my IP Chicken Breast recipe post.;And please come visit again as I continue to slice, dice, and dream up affordable Air Fryer recipes, Instant Pot Recipes, Southern Recipes, and more. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, food blog.
The Best Basic Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe
Versatile and simple, this Instant Pot chicken breast recipe results in super tender, moist and flavorful chicken breasts in just about 20 minutes! You can use the lightly seasoned chicken breasts as the base of a super straightforward, healthy mealsometimes a simple, spartan dinner of chicken breast and salad is exactly what the doctor ordered. Or, treat this recipe as a no-brainer do-every-week chicken breast recipe for your weekend meal prep session . The cooked chicken breasts will keep beautifully in the fridge for about 4 days, which means youll have plenty of time to use them to bulk up lunch salads, as the foundation of some easy dinners, or even in sandwiches throughout the week ahead. Grab your Instant Pot and lets cook some chicken!
What Are Some Flavor Ideas For Instant Pot Chicken
Want to spice things up? Try some of these suggestions to quickly transform a plain chicken breast:
- Change up the liquid: skip the chicken stock and opt for beer, apple juice or pineapple juice instead.
- Add some Asian flair: add a tablespoon of miso paste and a splash of soy sauce to the chicken stock.
- Go for Mexican flavors: add in 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and finish off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice to the chicken stock.
- Make it Mediterranean: add 1 teaspoon each of dried oregano and garlic powder to your stock.
- Be bold with Buffalo chicken flavor: embolden your chicken stock with 1/4 cup hot sauce or your favorite wing sauce, 1 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon celery seed. Top finished chicken with blue cheese.
You May Like: How To Cook Chicken Breast In An Instant Pot
How To Store Instant Pot Chicken
- Leftover cooked, shredded, or diced Instant Pot chicken can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight.
- Shredded Instant Pot Chicken is IDEAL for meal prep. Make a big batch at the beginning of the week, divide into individual containers, then use it all week long.
For Shreddable Chicken Breast
Shreddable chicken is the easiest to achieve in the Instant Pot, and thats because if you cook chicken for long enough in the Instant Pot, it *is* going to end up in a shreddable state .
For shreddable chicken, youll simply add the chicken + water to the Instant Pot, and set it to cook on high pressure for an amount of time . Shreddable chicken does take a little bit longer in the Instant Pot than sliceable chicken, but still significantly less time than it would to slow cook chicken .;
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Pre Cooked Ribs In Instant Pot
How To Cook Chicken From Frozen In The Instant Pot
Cooking times are based on 1-2 pounds of frozen medium-sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
We found frozen chicken breasts are at a safe cooking temperature at 15-20 minutes using a quick release method. We always use the manual function . When cooking food from frozen in the Instant Pot, we recommend starting at the shorter end of the time range and then adding more minutes if its not done.
The only variation to this cooking time is when chicken is in a soup. We found that because it takes so much longer for the Instant Pot to come to pressure, the chicken takes LESS time to cook. Likely 5-6 minutes. It feels a bit counter intuitive since there is more in the pot when cooking a soup recipe but we consistently found that chicken was done quicker this way.
Serving Recommendations For Cooked Chicken Breast
There are so many ways to answer the question on what to do with cooked chicken breast! Here are a few ways to turn your Instant Pot chicken breast recipe into a meal:
- Shredded: Shred meat with 2 forks, refrigerate and use to make chicken salad or white chicken chili. Or skip sauteing and use instead of ground turkey to make pasta bake.
- Diced: Cube to add protein to vegetarian pasta dish, easy spaghetti recipe or even vegetable soup or borscht. Why not?!
- Low carb meal: Make one of healthy zucchini recipes and enjoy quick dinner entire family will love.
- Meal prep: Refrigerate whole or cubed and use throughout the week for lunches sub out your sandwich deli meat for chicken or use in Cobb salad.
- Freeze for later.;When ready to eat, thaw on the counter for a few hours or in the fridge overnight.
Alternately, browse 65 chicken recipes perfect for putting your Instant Pot chicken to good use!
Read Also: How To Cook Ribs In Instant Pot
Fresh Or Frozen Chicken Breast
You can use fresh or frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot! Believe it or not, chicken breasts turn out the same whether you use frozen or fresh chicken breasts.
The only difference is how you cook the chicken and what your cook time is.
Why would you ever use frozen chicken breast in the Instant Pot? Think of those nights when you get home and realize you havent planned dinner.
All you have to do is remove frozen chicken from its packaging and cook it on high pressure for 18-20 minutes. While the frozen chicken breast is cooking, you prepare a side and sauce for your chicken and BOOM. Minutes later your chicken is ready to be chunked or shredded!
How To Make Gravy
I actually love to make some gravy with the leftover liquid in the Instant Pot. Trust me there is a lot of flavor there and its wonderful over this chicken breast.
To make the gravy, simply make a slurry with 2 tbsp of water and 1 tbsp of cornstarch. Set the Instant Pot to the Saute setting and bring the leftover liquid to a boil. Add the cornstarch slurry and whisk well. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened. Thats all!
You May Like: How To Saute Vegetables In An Instant Pot
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Are you ready to meal prep? If you werent before, now you are! This recipe makes a nutritious, protein-packed meal to take with you on the go. Teriyaki flavour brings that sweet and savoury balance to the mix. You can easily pair it with steamed veggies and rice from the IP, too. This recipe includes substitutes for a paleo version as well. Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Instant Pot Chicken Is So Easy
Cooking chicken in the pressure cooker or Instant Pot works similarly to poaching. The biggest difference is that you use less liquid and you can press a button and step away while the pot is doing its thing.
The chicken cooks in water, seasoned with salt, bay leaves, and garlic for a little bit of extra flavor. You can add any aromatic spices or vegetables to the water, really, depending on how you want to flavor the meat. Ginger and green onion would be nice if you plan to use the chicken on top of an Asian-style salad, for instance.
- New to the Instant Pot? Check out our post How To Use an Instant Pot: A First-Timers Guide.
Recommended Reading: How To Cook Black Beans In Instant Pot
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Breast Instant Pot
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links will result in a small commission for me , but all opinions are my own. You can find our full affiliate disclaimer here.;
Were walking you through how to cook sliceable and shreddable chicken in your Instant Pot, so that dinner is a breeze
The Best Instant Pot Chicken Breast + Video
Looking for the best Instant Pot chicken breast recipe? Youve found it. This method produces flavourful, tender, perfect chicken breasts using fresh or frozen chicken. Excellent for meal prep and make-ahead meal solutions.
Suitable for Whole 30, Paleo, and Keto dieters.;Recipe also includes Weight Watchers points and a video tutorial.
If youre looking for the best and easiest way to cook chicken breast in the Instant Pot, youre going to be soooo happy you landed on this post.
I spent a lot of time in the kitchen perfecting the PERFECT Instant Pot chicken breast recipe to share with all of you. I know perfect when I see it and
yeap, this is it.
This recipe might be perfect, but its also flexible you can skip one step if youre short on time, or you can swap one ingredient for another for a different flavour.
No matter what you change in this recipe, the technique produces a chicken breast that is full of flavour, moist and tender.
Make these for supper tonight or whip up a big batch to store in the fridge for your weekly meal prep or to have at the ready for super quick meal solutions.
Ready to learn how to make chicken breast instant pot? Gather up the ingredients and I will show you
Also Check: Does Walmart Sell Instant Pot
Instant Pot Chicken Breast Korean Style
These chicken breasts are marinated in a sweet and spicy chili sauce thats inspired by the BTS sweet chili sauce. Im a low-key ARMY so when I saw that Mcdonalds themed up with BTS for a chicken nuggget meal you bet I was there. I love nuggies! But most of all, I loved the sweet chili sauce! Because I suspected it was a classic Korean sweet and spicy sauce used with Korean fried chicken, I did a quick peep on the ingredients for the sweet chili sauce and it was almost exactly what youd find in a Korean dakgangjeong sauce.
Is It Safe To Cook Frozen Chicken In An Instant Pot
One of the good things about making this healthy chicken and rice dish is that you can start with frozen chicken. I know Im not the only one that forgets to let the chicken thaw in time for dinner.;
Because frozen chicken can be cooked safely in an Instant Pot, its not a big deal to put it in with the rest of your ingredients and set the cooker. Putting frozen chicken in a slow cooker can be dangerous because it will sit at an incorrect temperature for far too long.;
If you are using frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, then you will need to add some time to the cooking process, depending on how big the breasts are. For small chicken breasts, youll need to cook for about 11-12 minutes. For larger ones, youll increase the time to about 15 minutes.;;
You wont be able to brown the frozen chicken breasts as instructed in step 1, but thats okay. Your lemon chicken and rice dish will still be delicious, youll just miss out on some crispy brown chicken outsides.;;
You May Like: Are Instant Pot Lids Dishwasher Safe
If Cooking Frozen Chicken Breasts In Instant Pot
If your chicken breasts are frozen, you dont have to defrost the chicken, the Instant Pot will do the work for you. The chicken cooks best if the chicken breasts arent in a block, but individually frozen instead.
If you have a larger block of chicken, allow for more cooking time .
How To Use Instant Pot Chicken Breast
Congratulations! You’ve got tender, juicy chicken breast that’s ready to use in this week’s meals. Rub a little butter and salt on your whole chicken breasts and reheat for an easy weeknight meal . Use cubed chicken in Chef John’s top-rated Spicy Chicken Noodles. Shredded chicken makes Mexican night a breeze when used in this Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup or Baked Chicken and Rice Chimichanga. Browse our entire collection of chicken recipes for more inspiration.;
Pssstyes You Can Use Frozen Chicken Breasts
Yep! One of the best things about this Instant Pot chicken breast recipe is that it works just as well with frozen chicken breasts as it does with thawed. Its an ultra speedy way to get dinner going, or get a good jump on your weekly meal prep. Just be sure to separate the chicken breasts before you season them, and know that with frozen chicken breasts, the pot may take longer to come to pressure. Otherwise, youre good to go!
Ingredients For Pressure Cooker Chicken Breast
You really need only chicken breasts and water. Everything else is up to your taste and what meal idea you are planning to use with your cooked Instant Pot chicken breast recipe.
If you are planning to eat cooked chicken breast alongside quinoa or brown rice and salad , I would pay attention to spices.
- Chicken breasts You can use fresh or frozen.
- Salt and pepper Simple seasonings so your chicken is a blank slate for recipes.
- Garlic powder If you wish, but not required.
- Dried herbs If you like, really it will depend on how you plan to use the chicken once it is ready.
Use one of these 5 chicken marinades to really ramp up the flavor of the chicken breast.
Also Check: How To Cook Hoppin John In Instant Pot
Here Are Some Tips And Tricks For Cooking Frozen Chicken Breasts In The Instant Pot:
- The exact cook time will depend on how large the chicken breasts are, although for me 10-12 minutes has always been plenty. This means that when I open up the pot they are well over the safe 165 degrees F. But Id rather be safe than have to go through the hassle of sealing it back up and letting it build the pressure back up.
- If youre in a rush, you can simply add water or chicken broth and season with salt and pepper, but feel free to get a little crazy with your seasonings here. Barbecue sauce, soy sauce, honey, different herbs and spices will all be fantastic
- All of my Instant Pot recipes are tested in the 6 quart Instant Pot with Bluetooth. The bluetooth is an unnecessary but handy tool because I can control the pot from my phone while Im out of the kitchen.
- If you want to jazz up your Instant Pot chicken breasts, try these Creamy Italian Instant Pot Chicken Breasts and serve them with the sauce over pasta you wont regret it! You can also use frozen chicken to make this Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken and Rice.
- Looking for an easy side dish to go along with it? Try my Instant Pot Mac and Cheese so easy and so quick!
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
Cook frozen chicken breasts just like fresh but:
- For 15 minutes.
- Make sure each breast is separated.
If you add a blob of frozen chicken breasts, you will end up with raw meat inside and overcooked chicken outside.
When you bring fresh chicken from the store, line each breast with small piece of parchment paper before adding to a bag and freezing. Thaw for 5 minutes or run under cold water for easy parchment paper removal.
Check out my Instant Pot frozen chicken breast recipe for detailed info.
Read Also: How Long To Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot
How To Make Chicken And Rice In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
The process for cooking frozen chicken is not much different than cooking thawed or fresh chicken breast. But there are 2 things to keep in mind.
- You will need to add 4 minutes to the cooking time.;
- If your chicken breasts are frozen together, I suggest placing them in a bowl of cold water for a couple of minutes until you can break them apart into individual breasts. They need to be separated, not frozen together, or you will end up with chicken that is not cooked evenly.
Read Also: How To Cook Chicken Tenders In Instant Pot