Instant Pot Ground Beef Times & Instructions:
- For plain ground beef, from fresh: Place the trivet or a steaming basket into the pot along with 1 cup of water. Then, place the beef in the trivet. Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. Finish up by quickly releasing the pressure.
- For plain ground beef, from frozen: Repeat the first steps above, then cook 1-2 lbs. of frozen ground beef on high pressure for 20 minutes. Finish up by quickly releasing the pressure.
- For meatballs, from frozen or fresh and raw: Place meatballs in a steamer basket. Cook on high pressure with 1 cup of water for 8-10 minutes per pound of meat.
Instant Pot Taco Meat
How many times have you told yourself you would prep for the next week only to forget? This recipe is so tasty that youll want to prepare it ahead of time. This taco meat is restaurant-quality and leaves you with five servings.
The hidden ingredient is the onion powder thats included. It is in quite a few recipes, though its not always detectable with its subtle flavor. Use fresh onions for a more pungent taste.
Tip: Dont add the taco meat into your tortilla ahead of time, as youll end up with a soggy taco.
If youve already started planning your weekly meals based on the above recipes, youre well on your way to becoming an Instant Pot fan. Each recipe is flavorful and provides juicy, tender meat. Even if you arent on a keto or paleo diet, youll want to try each dish. Bon appetite!
Why I Love Using The Instant Pot
Recommended Reading: Can You Brown Frozen Ground Beef
Can You Make Slow Cooker Short Ribs Instead
Yes, you can make the same easy short ribs recipe in a slow cooker. It will take approximately 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.
But, its more cleanup because youll have to sear the short ribs separately on the stove first. Plus, the slow cooker takes longer. I really prefer cooking beef short ribs in the Instant Pot!
How To Cook Frozen Ground Beef In Your Instant Pot
My method to quickly thaw and cook ground beef is super easy. All you need is water, frozen ground beef and your Instant Pot.
Trust me, you wont find many recipes that simple, right?
As an added bonus no an added necessity the meat cooks up juicy and tender, not tough and dry.
We raise our own beef here on the farm and it is absolutely out of this world. So I have absolutely no interest in ruining perfectly fabulous meat, you know??
And we have a freezer full of frozen meat so it goes without saying I use this cooking method all the time!
Heres how were gonna cook our frozen ground meat.
Read Also: Pre Smoked Ribs
How To Make Beef Stew In An Instant Pot
The step-by-step photo tutorial is below but be sure to watch the short instructional video at the end of this post.
Lets get cooking!
Set your Instant Pot to SAUTÉ and when the indicator reads HOT add a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add half of the beef cubes and season with 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beef is nicely browned.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the beef to a dish and repeat this process with the remaining beef and an additional 2 teaspoons of seasoning mix. There will be a little seasoning left and you want to reserve that for later.
Add a little more vegetable oil to the empty pot, if necessary, and add some diced onions, chopped celery, and minced garlic. Cook, stirring, until softened.
Add a few tablespoons of tomato paste and stir it well to combine. Tomato paste adds some oomph to the sauce.
Pour in some low-sodium beef broth, a little red wine , some Worcestershire sauce, the remaining seasoning mix, and a bay leaf.
Time to add the browned beef back to the liquid in the pot and give it a stir. Scatter the potatoes and carrots over the top and do NOT stir the mixture at this point. They should rest on top of the meat and liquid so that they will cook to fork-tender perfection. I use this same method in my Instant Pot Pot Roast and it works like a charm.
Secure the lid and set your Instant Pot to cook at HIGH pressure for 30 minutes.
Just slice the bread and pour the wine and dinner is served.
How Do You Braise In An Instant Pot
Braising meat in the Instant Pot is quite easy. Most of the cooking time is hands- off, so youll have time to prep the rest of dinner while the meat cooks.
You May Like: Why Does My Instapot Say Burn Food
How To Make Instant Pot Corned Beef
Electric pressure cooker corned beef and cabbage couldnt be easier, even if youre an Instant Pot beginner.
Also Check: Can You Put Foil In An Instant Pot
Should I Rinse Corned Beef Before Cooking
You can rinse corned beef before cooking, but its really not necessary. People do it to remove excess salt from the brine. Also, its a little slimy, so it feels like it needs to be rinsed, but doing so is thought to remove flavor. I personally dont rinse, Also, some corned beef briskets are packed with a seasoned brine , instead of a seasoning packet. In this case, rinsing would remove all that seasoning, which we dont want.
You May Like: How To Make Yogurt In Instant Pot Without Yogurt Button
Can You Cook Meat In An Instant Casserole
Unfortunately, once you have cooked a piece of meat in the pressure cooker for too long, there is no turning back. Youll end up with a bunch of dry, crunchy, flavorless fiber and no extra pressure cooking will put that moisture back into the meat. This applies not only to potatoes, but also to meat.
Also Check: How Long To Cook Hamburger In Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Diced Meat Times & Instructions:
- Preheat oil with the Saute function and season your stewing meat liberally with salt and other spices if desired.
- Cook with 1-1.5 cups of liquid for 20 minutes per pound of meat .
- Finish up with a quick release of pressure.
Recommended Reading: What To Do When Instant Pot Says Food Burn
Top Tips For Roasting Beef In The Instant Pot
- Dont skip searing the beef. Not only does this start the cooking process, but the browning also contributes greatly to the overall flavor of the dish.
- Follow the timing. Too much time on high pressure and the beef will overcook. The key here is to give it a good start at high pressure and then let the roast cook low and slow as the pressure naturally releases.
- Remember to add the broth. The Instant Pot wont come to pressure without a bit of liquid. We found 1 cup was just enough to avoid stewing the beef.
- Dont throw out the sauce at the end. Its amped up with flavor from cooking with the beef and is absolutely decadent spooned over medium-rare slices.
Can You Put Frozen Meat In Pressure Cooker
It is possible to pressure cook smaller cuts of frozen meat and frozen poultry. You can also easily pressure cook frozen vegetables. To pressure cook thick pieces of frozen meat like beef or pork roasts, it will take up to one -third more than the normal cooking time, and the results will not taste very good.
Don’t Miss: Can You Put Foil In An Instant Pot
How Do You Defrost Corned Beef Quickly
Melting it in the microwave. The microwave is not only a way to thaw beef quickly, it is THE quickest way. Its so quick that it needs to be watched carefully so that it doesnt do more than thaw your beef. Microwave thawing is notorious for yielding partially cooked exteriors with still frozen interior.
Tips For Cooking Frozen Ground Meat In Your Instant Pot:
- You can also use this Instant Pot method to cook frozen ground turkey, venison or pork.
- If you have two pounds ground beef to cook, increase the cooking time by about five minutes. Some of this is just experimenting with your Instant Pot.
- Use the meat in any ground beef recipe like One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese, Pressure Cooker Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, or Sloppy Joes
- If you want to make this but you still havent taken your Instant Pot out of the box , you may want to give my post about Instant Pot fear first and Ill walk you through getting started in Instant Pot Basics.
I may earn money as an affiliate from certain product links within posts. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe you will find helpful.
Read Also: Tamales Instant Pot Recipe
Traditional Meatloaf Instant Pot
Have you been searching for the ideal meatloaf recipe one thats not too busy but still tastes divine? Then, look no further!
This traditional meatloaf works well as is, though, of course, you can also spice it up with a bacon wrap.
I dont know about you, but I dont usually add bell peppers to meatloaf.
However, its an excellent way to sneak some veggies into the dish. Instead, try sliced green bean pieces to add the green color and additional nutrients.
Instant Pot Pot Roast
II grew up with family dinners every Sunday at my grandparent’s house. And my papa was known for his Slow Cooker Pot Roast.
His secret ingredient to making the BEST pot roast was prepared horseradish. Not only does the horseradish work to tenderize the pot roast, but it also helps to make it incredibly flavorful–so much better than any other pot roast I have ever had.
This method for cooking a pot roast in the instant pot is every bit as delicious as the classic recipe but takes a fraction of the time. Not to mention, you can use a frozen beef roast in the Instant Pot, which is a big no-no when cooking in the slow cooker.
You May Like: What Is C7 On Instant Pot
What Is The Trivet For The Instant Pot
If youve made a recipe in the Instant Pot before, you may or may not have used a trivet. A trivet is usually a metal stand that is 1-4 inches in height that allows you to cook food without the food sitting in the liquid. Liquid is needed for the pressure cooker to come up to pressure. Without added liquid no recipe will work at all.
Below are some of my favorite trivets for the Instant Pot
- Super basic trivet without arms. This one is good for making things in circle containers that would normally be a really tight fit, like my Instant Pot Low Carb Cheesecake.
- Taller trivets are really nice because they allow you to cook more than one food item at a time. You can be cooking something in the liquid below and then cooking something in a container above.
- Some trivets are now being designed with steamer baskets built in. This is super handy because it will save you from doing one more dish!
What Are Beef Short Ribs
What kind of meat is short ribs? Its not what you might think!
Surprisingly, boneless beef short ribs are not actually rib meat. They are cut from the chuck, or shoulder, but can be harder to find.
Bone-in short ribs come from the belly and are a much fattier cut of meat. Many butchers will actually remove the bones from bone-in short ribs for you, which is what I did for this boneless short rib recipe.
TIP: If youre using bone-in short ribs, you will need to increase the pressure cook time to 50 minutes. Short rib meat takes a bit longer to cook with the bones than without.
Recommended Reading: Pork Chops In Instant Pot Frozen
How Do I Freeze And Reheat The Leftovers
Since some of my kids dont like sauce on the broccoli, I generally keep the broccoli separate from the sauce. When I dish up, Ill layer the rice and steamed broccoli, and spoon the meat and sauce over the top.
Use an instant-read thermometer to verify your beef is at least 145°F in the thickest part after cooking. If reheating, make sure your beef is done to 165°F.
Keeping things separate works great for freezing or reheating the leftovers, since the meat and broccoli have very different reheat times.
How To Cook Short Ribs
Lets get to the best beef short ribs recipe, Im getting hungry!
First, well season the meat with salt and pepper. This step helps to build flavor throughout the cooking process. Dont skimp, you need a generous amount!
Next, were going to sear the short ribs and get a nice crust on them well do this right in the Instant Pot using the Saute setting. Be sure to do this in batches. We dont want to crowd the pan too much or they will steam instead of brown.
After cooking short ribs on the outside to get a brown crust, remove them and saute the garlic with some oil in the Instant Pot for just a minute.
TIP: This is a basic 5-ingredient beef short ribs recipe thats the point. You can definitely up the flavor by adding some sauteed onion before adding the garlic, or adding fresh herbs such as thyme or rosemary.
Add some beef broth and coconut aminos to the pressure cooker, and use a spoon to de-glaze the pan. This means getting all the yummy browned bits off the bottom! Place the short ribs back in there, along with a bay leaf.
Then, well let the pressure cooker do its magic. For boneless Instant Pot short ribs, set the time to 40 minutes, or increase to 50 minutes for bone-in pressure cooker short ribs.
After the instant pot short ribs are done, let the natural release do its thing for 10 minutes before switching to manual release.
TIP: You need the natural release, because this helps the beef short ribs finish cooking and helps them come out tender.
Recommended Reading: How Long To Cook Turkey Tenderloin In Instant Pot
Tips For Instant Pot Steak
- Remember to deglaze the instant pot after searing so as to avoid burn error when pressure cooking.
- Leave Steak to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it.
- Top steak with garlic butter mix as soon as you take the steak out of instant pot so it can melt into the steak and collect with the juice.
Tips For Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Cut your carrots and potatoes into large pieces so that they dont get mushy in the stew after cooking.
- I like to use halved baby yellow potatoes. You can also use larger Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes that have been cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Want to amp up your beef stew to a new level? Sprinkle some cooked, crumbled bacon over the top before serving.
- You can add other vegetables to your stew such as a can of tomatoes or halved fresh mushrooms.
Once you try this Instant Pot beef stew, youll never want to make stew on the stove top again. The beef comes out meltingly tender and full of flavor, and the pressure cooker does all of the hard work for you!
Don’t Miss: What Is Natural Release On Instant Pot Mean
How To Pressure Cook Frozen Ground Beef
- Pour cold tap water into the bottom of the inner pot. Use 1 cup for a 3 or 6 quart instant pot and 1.5 cups for an 8-quart model. Then place in a metal trivet or rack inside the inner pot.
- Place the frozen ground beef on your trivet, and seal the instant pot closed with vent closed. Be sure all plastic, styrofoam, or any other packaging is completely removed from the frozen meat. If not, run undercold water until you can remove the packaging.
- Place the lid on the inner pot and seal. Set to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes for a 1-inch thick slab of frozen meat.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Check the temperature with a meat thermometer–it should be at least 160 degrees. If it is not, seal again and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. *See my notes at end of the post to troubleshoot why your meat would need longer to cook.
- Carefully remove the meat from the instant pot and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Discard the cooking liquid and fat that drained off beef.
- Use a spatula to break up the ground meat and use just as you would for any recipe calling for browned or cooked ground beef.