Instant Pot Pro Plus Smart
This smart Instant Pot Pro Plus is the latest addition to the companys lineup, allowing you to control your multicooker at just a touch of a button. Simply connect via the Instant Brands Connect app on your smartphone or device to operate, program and monitor your cooking progress. If you didnt want to use the app however, the touch-screen, LED display is straightforward, and you can set times with the handy dial. In addition, it has 11 safety features such as overheat protection, and heat-proof handles so you can safely lift out your inner pot after cooking.
It comes with 16 smart programs, which is fewer than other models, but it has advanced features such as NutriBoost to infuse flavors and enhance texture quality, aswell as the choice of three venting methods.
With a powerful 1500 watts, the Instant Pot Pro Plus heats up much quicker than other models we tested. This was evident while sauteing ingredients and searing meat: the beef was evenly browned before the pre-warming stage had even completed. Pressure cooking was impressive, producing tender, delicious stews in 45 minutes. We were also impressed with the fluffy texture and aromatic quality when cooking basmati rice, which was just as good as a conventional rice cooker.
Instant Pot Deals On Amazon
Check out these fabulous deal from ! You can snag the Instant Pot Duo 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker, Warmer & Sterilizer, Includes Free App with over 1900 Recipes, Stainless Steel, 6 Quart for just 74.95 . If you prefer, its $76.04 at Walmart.
to score the Instant Pot Multi-Cooker on Sale!
You will get Free Shipping if you have Amazon Prime or on orders of $25 or more and if you dont have Prime, you can sign up for a . Find more on our Page.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon.com Price: $74.95 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. We are not responsible for and cannot control changes in pricing and availability, these change frequently so we recommend that you always double check the price before making a purchase.
Instant Pot® is a trademark of Instant Brands, Inc.
How To Shred Chicken Breast
Once youve made your Instant Pot chicken breast, it should already be very tender and easy to shred. You can use these methods to do so:
- Two Forks You can use forks to shred chicken breast directly in the Instant Pot. Hold a piece of chicken steady with one fork, then pull and tear away the shredded pieces with the other fork. Repeat the process until all your chicken is shredded.
- Hand Mixer A hand mixer is faster than using forks, and you can use it directly in the Instant Pot as well. Drain some of the liquid temporarily, to prevent splattering, then place the beaters into the Instant Pot and turn on the mixer to shred. If your hand mixer has a slow start feature, like this one that I have, that is helpful to reduce splattering.
- Stand Mixer A stand mixer works the same way as a hand mixer, except youll need to transfer the chicken into the mixer bowl.
TIP: The pressure release mechanism will impact how easy it will be to shred your Instant Pot chicken. Natural release results in the most tender meat and the most effortless shredding, so use that if you can. At the very least, use the natural release for five minutes prior to using the quick release option.
Recommended Reading: How To Make Your Instant Pot Natural Release
Making Pressure Cooker Egg Muffins In The Instant Pot
Egg muffins bake up light and fluffy in the pressure cooker. If youre trying to cut carbs or count calories, then these bacon, egg, and cheese muffins are a perfect way to start the day. With only about 130 calories per muffin, these bites are a quick, eat-on-the-run meal that you can feel good about.
I love cooking hard boiled eggs in the pressure cooker, so I was excited to adapt the popular Egg Muffin recipe from Kalyns Kitchen for the pressure cooker. Kalyn bakes her egg muffins in the oven, but I prefer not to use the oven when Im cooking for just my husband and me.
- 4 slices precooked bacon, crumbled
Upgrade Pick: Instant Pot Pro 6
In 2021, Instant Pot released the Instant Pot Pro 6-Quart, which has some great features that make it a meaningful upgrade over the Duo, namely handles on the inner cooking pot, a large LCD, customizable and savable cooking presets, more temperature levels for sautéing, a sous vide function, and a diffuser cap that makes the steam release just a bit gentler . The Pro also comes with an extra silicone sealing ring for the lid and works with Instant Pots QuickCool Tray if you want to depressurize foods faster before serving. Of Instant Pots costlier models, the Pro and its features are most worth the jump in price, especially if you plan to use your multi-cooker frequently. Instant Pots midlevel offering, the Duo Plus, usually costs about $20 less than the Pro at this writing, but the Duo Pluss features are less impressive.
Instant Pot has also made some design upgrades that improve the usability of the Pro over that of the Duo and Duo Plus. One improvement that stands out is that the handles on the inner cooking pot stay cool, which lets you easily remove the pot even when its hot. These handles also act as anchors that lock the pot into place so that it doesnt whirl around when you stira common gripe we had while testing other Instant Pot models .
You May Like: Instant Pot Rump Roast
Instant Pot Duo Nova 8
Courtesy of Macys
Normally $125, Now $100 at Amazon
Six quarts just not cutting it for you? Upgrade to the 8-quart version of the popular Instant Pot Duo Nova for all the same great features but with a larger capacity. It fits enough food to feed the whole family, and youll probably end up with some leftovers to save for lunch the next day.
The lowest price we’ve seen for this item is $81.
Instant Pot Duo Plus Multi
- 9-in-1 pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan, food warmer, sous vide and sterilizer
- 13 customizable programs for quick one-touch meals
- Cooking progress bar shows every step from start to finish
- Innovative auto-sealing lid with switch for easy, stress-free venting
- 18/8 stainless steel inner pot with tri-ply bottom for perfect sautéing
- Cook up to six portions, perfect for growing families, meal prep and batch cooking
- Use it at home and bring it on the road RV trips, sporting events and more
- Up to 70% faster and more energy efficient than other cooking methods
- Dishwasher-safe lid and inner pot for quick and easy clean-up
- 10+ proven safety features, including Overheat Protection and safe locking lid
- Extra sealing ring and stainless steel steamer rack included
- BPA/PFOA/PTFE-free cooking
- Dimensions: 12.2″ L x 13.39″ W x 12.99″ H
- Capacity: 6 qt.
- Watts: 1000W, 120 V~60 Hz
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
- Inner pot and lid are dishwasher safe
You May Like: Instant Pot Vortex Plus Dual Air Fryer
Which Instant Pot Should You Buy All Of The Models Compared
Instant Pots are multifunctional pressure cookers with enhanced features and multiple settings to make an even better meal. The best Instant Pots not only offer faster cooking times but other handy features like preprogrammed settings, LCDs, smartphone apps, and customizable parameters. In this article, we compare the current Instant Pot models, examine their unique features, and explain how each products settings work.
Instant Pot Official 8
Normally $50, Now $32
One of the beauties of Instant Pot is its versatility, and the wide range of accessories, add ons and conveniences available. This cook and bake set allows you to multi-task, maximize and otherwise further enjoy your device. Features two round pans / pan stackers and two snap-fit silicone lids. $30 is the lowest we’ve seen.
You May Like: How To Make Roast In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Pro Versus Max
The biggest claim to fame of the Instant Pot Max is its canning feature. The Instant Pot Pro Plus is the only other model that is able to do canning. The trade-off is that the Max doesnt do Sous Vide, while the Pro does. Youll need to weigh your priorities to figure out which feature is more important. The Instant Pot Pro also comes with 28 one-touch smart cooking programs, which blows the 15 of the Max out of the water. Its a close race between these two models, so it will definitely boil down to your priorities.
How Long To Cook Chicken Breast In The Instant Pot
People have been asking me how long to cook chicken breast in a pressure cooker for making various amounts of shredded chicken. Surprisingly, I couldnt find this information anywhere, not even from Instant Pot directly.
After testing each weight amount , I have created an Instant Pot chicken breast time chart to show you exactly how long to cook chicken in an Instant Pot depending on the amount you have:
|Amount of Chicken Breast by Weight||# Servings On Recipe Card|
|10 minutes||15 minutes|
- What these times mean: These are the times you enter on your Instant Pot, and do not include time required to build pressure.
- How to scale the recipe: The chart above includes a column for # Servings On Recipe Card this is what youd set on the recipe card in the Servings section, to scale the ingredients to the amount of chicken you have.
- Do not adjust the amount of broth. You always need 1 cup of chicken broth for this pressure cooker chicken recipe, whether youre making one pound, five pounds, or anything in between.
- A note on chicken breast size: How long to pressure cook chicken can vary a bit depending on how big your chicken breasts are. This recipe is based on typical 8-ounce chicken breasts. If yours are larger, you will need to increase the time by a couple of minutes.
Im really excited to have this chart for Instant Pot chicken breast, and I hope you are, too. Its so convenient to be able to make just the right amount you need.
Also Check: How To Make Yogurt Instant Pot Duo
Instant Pot Duo Plus 9
- Duo Plus is the latest evolution in the #1 selling multi-cooker the Duo series with more custom features, improved usability and a large attractive blue LCD screen
- DUO80 7-in-1 programmable pressure cooker. 8 Quart/1200W. Latest generation technology. Stainless steel inner cooking pot and exterior. Note: New Anti-Block Shield is used and the actual component may not match images shown in manuals. For pressure cooking programs, do not fill the inner pot over 2/3 full. For non-pressure cooking programs, do not fill the inner pot over the MAX line. Product Dimensions: 14.17 x 14.84 x 13.31 inches
- Cuts off power if the internal temperature exceeds safety limits
Instant Pot 6 Quart Vortex Plus 6
Courtesy Best Buy
Normally $130, Now $100 at Wayfair
Instant Pot doesnt just make slow cookers and pressure cookers. This multi-function air fryer delivers a whole world of lower-fat flavor at the touch of a button. Pre-set smart buttons allow you to air fry, roast, broil, bake re-heat or dehydrate anything from chicken wings or fries, to carrots and apples. In addition to 9 built in smart programs, you can create custom settings, all in a small, easy-to-clean package.
$90 is the lowest price we’ve seen on this item.
Normally $105, Now $70 at Amazon and Best Buy
Ideal for apartments, or cooking just a few meals, this full-function 3-quart pressure cooker also functions as a slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, warmer and sauté pot.
The lowest price we’ve seen on this item is $59.
You May Like: Can I Use Instant Pot As Slow Cooker
How Much Instant Pot Chicken Can You Make At Once
Assuming a 6-quart Instant Pot, I recommend making no more than five pounds of shredded chicken in the Instant Pot at once, preferably no more than four. Five pounds is really pushing it, as it fills up the Instant Pot and takes a long time to reach pressure.
FYI: One pound of chicken will yield 2 to 2 1/2 cups of shredded chicken. Thats the same as five 1/2-cup servings.
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast
Learn how to make shredded chicken in the Instant Pot pressure cooker in just 10 minutes — fresh or frozen! This Instant Pot chicken breast recipe is fast and easy.
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free.
Some of my favorite staples to make ahead are large batches of shredded chicken, barbacoa beef, or pulled pork. I used to make shredded chicken in the slow cooker, but then I discovered that its so much faster to make Instant Pot shredded chicken breast. Its become my favorite healthy Instant Pot recipe. And while thats my pressure cooker of choice, you can make this pressure cooker shredded chicken recipe using other pressure cooker brands, too.
I totally adore this method now. If youre on the fence about pressure cooking chicken, now is the time to try it. The prep is as care-free as a slow cooker, but done in less than 15 minutes. And this quick and easy Instant Pot chicken breast recipe is not only simple, its also versatile for any use.
Also Check: How To Cook Steak In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Lux Programmable Cooker
Uses: Pressure Cooker, Pressure Cooker, Rice Cooker, SautÃ©, Steamer, Cake Maker, and Warmer | Built-In programs: 12
The oldest and most basic of the Instant Pot models, you will be able to get this model for the cheapest price. The Instant Pot Lux is perfect for those who will primarily use it as a cooker and want to save money by foregoing unnecessary features. The Lux lacks some of the features of its successors , but is still a solid choice for handling everyday cooking needs as it comes with 12 built-in cooking programs. It is available in 3-quart, 5-quart, 6-quart, and 8-quart models.
Instant Pot Duo 6 Quart Multi
Normally $99, Now $89
If your Instant Pot stays on the countertop, its okay to want it pop just a bit. Featuring all the functionality of 7-in-1s – pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté pan and more, the regal red stainless steel finish is easy to clean and provides a modern look in any kitchen. Thirteen customizable programs accommodate a variety of one-touch meal options.
The lowest price we’ve seen is $87.
Read Also: How To Cook Ribs In An Instant Pot
Instant Pot Duo Versus Duo Plus
Theres a pretty big difference in functions between the Instant Pot Duo and the Duo Plus. The Duo Plus has sous vide and sterilizer functions, and an additional two cooking programs. This alone may be enough to seal the deal for the Duo Plus. A handful of smaller features can also be found on the Duo Plus, such as quiet steam release, an anti-spin cooking pot design, and a cooking status bar on the LED display.
Instant Pot Duo80 8 Qt 7
Normally $130, Now $100
If you dont need every bell or whistle and are looking to simplify your kitchen life, the Duo80 is a great option. Primarily a pressure cooker and slow cooker, this version also cooks rice and makes yogurt, steams vegetables and sautés meat or vegetables. Ten presets aid in cooking, along with programmable warming and reheating functions.
The lowest price we’ve seen is $81.
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Whole Chicken In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Duo Plus 6
This product is not eligible for coupons. However, you are able to earn and redeem Kohls Cash® and Kohl’s Rewards® on this product.
Easy to use, easy to clean, fast, versatile and convenient, the Instant Pot Duo electric pressure cooker is America’s most-loved multicooker. Slow cook, steam, sauté and more to make quick and easy meals anywhere, any time.
Gift Givers: This item ships in its original packaging. If intended as a gift, the packaging may reveal the contents.
- Quick and easy cleanup with finger-print resistant stainless-steel sides and dishwasher-safe lid, inner pot and accessories
- 7 appliances in one: pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan and food warmer
- Quick one-touch cooking with 13 Smart Touch customizable programs for cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts and more on autopilot
- Smart-design inner pot uses food-grade 18/8 stainless-steel, a tri-ply bottom for more even cooking, perfect for sautéing
- 10+ proven safety features including overheat protection and safe-locking lid
- 6-quart large capacity cooks for up to 6 people, perfect for families and also great for meal prepping and batch cooking for singles and smaller households
- Cook fast or cook slow with pressure cooking – up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods or slow cooking
- Hundreds of recipes in the free Instant Pot app so you can discover new favorites and prepare delicious meals right from the start
Instant Pot Duo Crisp + Air Fryer 11
Normally $225, Now $150 at Amazon
In case seven or nine functions wasnt enough, this 8-quart Instant Pot Duo adds two more options for you: air fry and dehydrate. You just have to switch out the pressure cooker lid for the air fryer lid, which contains a heater and fan, plus an air frying basket.
The lowest price we’ve seen for this item is $120.
The Spruce / Donna Currie
“I decided to cook a small portion of pork ribs using both the Pressure Cook and Air Fry functions. I placed the ribs on the broiler/dehydrator rack because I wanted to get the sauce bubbly after cooking without overcooking the ribs. It worked well and was great for a quick dinner.” Donna Currie, Product Tester
Recommended Reading: How To Water Bath Can In Instant Pot