Get The Latest Recipes Right In Your Inbox:
Now your eggs will come out absolutely perfect every time in the pressure cooker! All you need is 3-7 min! Thats it!
How do you like your eggs? A soft boil, a medium boil, or a hard boil?
I prefer a soft boil. I love a runny yolk.
But, no matter what you prefer, I have you guys completely covered to make the absolute perfect hard boiled eggs right in your pressure cooker! All you need is your metal trivet , 1 cup water, and 6-12 eggs.
From there, you can set your timer anywhere from 3-7 minutes . Thats it! No babysitting. No fuss. No waiting for the water to come to a boil. No nothing.
And you know what? Theyre even easier to peel than traditional hard boiled eggs.
After this, youll never want to make hard boiled eggs on the stovetop ever again.
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Cook the chicken as the recipe directs.
- Once cook time has elapsed and pressure has been released, remove the chicken breast from the instant pot and place it into a large mixing bowl along with ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Shred the chicken, using two forks, a handheld mixer at medium speed, or a stand mixer at low speed. Alternatively, you can shred the chicken right in the inner pot of your instant pot using 2 forks or a handheld mixer.
Instant Pot Vs Stovetop
One of the primary benefits of cooking your eggs in the Instant Pot is that it is a science, not an art.
There is no guessing or eye balling when the water is at the right temperature, wondering when you should set the timer.
Nope, boiling eggs in the Instant Pot is as simple as putting your eggs in a basket, pressing a few buttons, and then waiting for it to do its magic!
Recommended Reading: Does Walmart Sell Instant Pot
How Do You Boil Eggs In Instant Pot
- Altitude: close to sea level
- Eggs: store-bought;Large eggs,;straight from the fridge
- Liquid:;1 cup of cold tap water
- Time:;High Pressure for 8 minutes &;Low Pressure for 12 minutes
- Pressure:;High Pressure ;& Low Pressure;
- Release Method: immediate Quick Release
- Cooking Method: on a steamer rack
*Pro Tip: If you want perfect;hard boiled;eggs, be mindful that every factor above affect the results of your eggs. If you change even the slightest thing, your results may differ.
Why Cook Pasta In The Instant Pot
There are three reasons to cook pasta in the Instant Pot / pressure cooker.;
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
Why Did My Eggs Crack During Cooking
Make sure you place the eggs on the steaming rack without letting them touch the water. If you put the eggs directly into the water or partially in the water, the eggs might jostle during cooking and crack open. Also, stacking too many eggs can also cause cracking. If you want to cook more eggs in one batch and minimize cracking, investing in an egg rack might be a good idea.
To tell you the truth, if you are as big a fan of boiled eggs as I am, I would invest in an Instant Pot, if only just to make perfect eggs so easily! They are that good and that convenient. And of course, there are so many other great, easy, and delicious dishes you can make using an Instant Pot.
How To Cook Egg Bites In An Instant Pot
Use the STEAM mode for egg bites.
Place the metal trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot and add one cup of water.
Place prepared and covered silicone molds in the Instant Pot and place the Instant Pot lid on top making sure the vent is sealed.
Set to STEAM mode for 8 minutes. Itll take about 5-8 minutes for the pressure to build up.
When the timer goes off and the steaming has completed let the pressure natural release on its own for about 10 minutes.;
- Filled and covered silicone egg bite molds
- Set on steam mode for 8 minutes
- Cooked Egg bites
Don’t Miss: Instant Pot Hoppin John
How Long Are Hard Boiled Eggs Good For
- Hard boiled eggs will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator when peeled, 7 days if unpeeled.
- Hard boiled eggs will last for up to 2 hours at room temperature. So be sure that Easter Bunny doesn’t leave the eggs hidden too long!
- Hard boiled eggs do not freeze well! Cooked egg whites will become rubbery.
- You can freeze the cooked egg yolks if desired by placing cooked yolks freezer bag and freezing for up to 3 months.
How To Hard Boil Eggs In Instant Pot
Read Also: How To Cook Hoppin John In Instant Pot
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Place chicken breasts in the inner pot of the instant pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in 1 cup pineapple juice or chicken stock and season with minced garlic or garlic powder.
- Place lid on instant pot and be sure vent knob is pointed towards sealed.
- Set pressure cooker to the cooking time based on the size of chicken breasts. NOT how many chicken breasts you are cooking.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before doing a quick release of pressure. This is key to keeping your chicken breasts tender–don’t be tempted to do a quick release of pressure.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the liquid and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving or shredding.
A Bit Of The Who And Why
Welcome to A Mind “Full” Mom! Kristen here!
I am a mom, Cystic Fibrosis warrior, and a bit obsessed with FOOD.
This is a place where I share my recipes, tips, and trick with you so that you too can get easy meals on the table–without slaving away in the kitchen for hours on end.
I am Kristen Chidsey and am so thrilled you stopped by to get to know me better! I wish we could gab over a latte and muffin, but in the meantime, let me tell you a bit about myself and why I am A Mind “Full” Mom.
You May Like: What To Do If Your Instant Pot Says Burn
Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese This method of cooking pasta in the Instant Pot works so well with Mac and Cheese. Because the starches in the pasta thicken the cheesy sauce, you get an extra creamy mac without needing a ton of cheese or butter.
- Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti Classic and comforting, this one pot meal is a family favorite around here. Check out that post .
- Instant Pot Italian Pasta Salad This pasta salad uses a different method than the one described here. For Instant Pot pasta salad you boil the pasta above the other ingredients using the pot-in-pot method. But its such a fun Instant Pot trick, it deserved a mention here.
How To Make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
This recipe is really simple, but you may need to do some experimenting to find the cook time that cooks your eggs just how you like them. Ive found that eggs can be finicky. You may need to adjust the cook time slightly depending on the size of your eggs, the age or quality of your eggs, and even your particular Instant Pot.
The method for making hard boiled eggs depends on whether you have a 6 quart or 8 quart Instant Pot. For most recipes, the size of your Instant Pot doesnt matter, but eggs are an exception. Ive tested this recipe again and again in both my 6 quart and 8 quart pots, and Ill share what Ive learned to help you achieve the best results.
For perfectly set hard boiled eggs:
- 6 Quart Instant Pot: 5 minutes pressure cook time + 5 minutes natural release
- 8 Quart Instant Pot: 5 minutes pressure cook time + quick release
Why do eggs take longer in a 6 quart Instant Pot? Really, they dont. Since the 8 quart Instant Pot is larger, it takes more time to come to pressure before the cook time starts, as well as more time to release pressure after cooking. That means that your eggs are getting a few extra minutes of cooking time. To adjust for this, if youre using a 6 quart Instant Pot, youll add on 5 minutes of natural pressure release time after the cook cycle ends. The eggs will continue to cook while the pressure naturally releases.
Read Also: What Does Auto Mean On Instant Pot
How To Use The Egg Setting On An Instant Pot
Is there any better comfort food than a few hard-boiled eggs?; Whether you want them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even as a snack when you need to power up, theyre fantastic.; The only downside is that you have to wait 12-15 minutes over a pot of boiling water in order to enjoy them. Or not!; Its about time to learn how to use the egg setting on an Instant Pot.
Its one of the preset functions
Unlike some cookers, there is an egg setting programmed right into the Instant Pot, meaning that it will be as simple as literally pressing a button.; The same can be said for many of the Instant Pots settings, of course!; In most pots, its the fourth or fifth setting.; When you hit it, youll see a preset time of 5 minutes.; You can adjust the timing and the use of pressure just like you would with other recipes.
Figure out what kind of eggs youre looking for
As you know, you can enjoy soft, medium, and hard-boiled eggs.; The kind youre looking for will determine how long you cook them in the pressure cooker, of course. Soft and medium eggs will be 4 minutes, approximately.; Hard-boiled eggs will be 5 or 6 minutes.
How do you use the egg setting on the Instant Pot?
The cooker will take about 5 minutes to heat up before it starts to pressure cook your eggs.; At the end of the 5 minutes of cooking, release the steam using the quick release pressure button.; Carefully put the eggs into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process.
Some cooking factors
How To Cooks Eggs In The Instant Pot
I based my eggs on the popular “5-5-5” method for hard-cooked eggs in the Instant Pot. The idea is to put your eggs into a steamer basket and seal them inside your pressure cooker along with a cup or so of water. It takes about five minutes for the cooker to come up to high pressure, five minutes to cook the eggs, and then five minutes of natural pressure release before removing the eggs from the cookerhence the “5-5-5” method.
I found that this basic formula worked just fine, though it typically takes my pressure cooker closer to 10 minutes before fully pressurizing.
I also decided that I like the texture of 4-minute eggs better than 5-minute eggs. At four minutes, the whites are firm but soft and the yolk is cooked through but still creamy; at five minutes, I felt like the whites started to become rubbery and the yolk was a little chalky. Give it a try both ways and see which you prefer.
- New to the Instant Pot? Check out our post How To Use an Instant Pot: A First-Timers Guide.
You May Like: How Long To Cook Pre Cooked Ribs In Instant Pot
Why Pressure Cook Eggs
The answer to that is consistent results and ease of peeling!
No more shells sticking to the egg, and absolutely no struggle to remove it. The peel just slides off the egg after pressure cooking.
And once you figure out what cook time works best for you, it turns out perfect every single time. The yolk texture is just right for me- moist and creamy, not dry or crumbly at all.
It’s a hand-off style of making boiled eggs. Simply set it and walk away. No watching over the pot of boiling water on the stove anymore.
It takes me a total of 20 minutes to cook a batch of eggs, which is just a couple of minutes more than the time on the stove, but I don’t have to babysit the eggs. For me, Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs;are a clear winner.
How To Make The Best Deviled Eggs In Your Instant Pot
- Making deviled eggs just got easier because were making them in everyones favorite kitchen gadget the Instant Pot! Simply place the steamer basket inside the Instant Pot, carefully add the eggs, and cover with water.
- Secure the lid and pressure cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Allow the steam to naturally release.
- Once cooked, immediately place the eggs directly into a ice bath to stop the cooking process. .
- Slice the hardboiled eggs in half and remove the yolks. Place the yolks in a small bowl and place the egg whites on a plate or serving plater and set aside.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork until they resemble course pebbles. Then, add in mayonnaise a spoonful at a time until you have a creamy, lump-free paste. Stir in the mustard, pickle, red onion, pepper, salt, and paprika.
- Pipe or spoon the mixture into the egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika and green onions or chives, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Recommended Reading: Instant Pot Yogurt Without Yogurt Button
How Do You Cook Hard Boiled Eggs In An Instant Pot
We use the 5-5-5 method for cooking eggs in the Instant Pot. What is the 5-5-5 method? 5 minutes high pressure, 5 minutes natural release, 5 minutes ice cold water.
- Place a trivet, basket or egg rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot liner.
- Add the water.
- Place eggs into the basket or trivet.
- Close lid and set to sealing. Press manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes.
- Quick release any remaining pressure after 5 minutes.
- Open the pot and place the eggs in a bowl of ice water.
- Allow the eggs to sit in ice water for 5 minutes. Then remove them, dry them and peel them.
- Serve eggs as desired.
Cooking Spaghetti Fettuccini Or Linguini In The Instant Pot
Long, straight pasta like spaghetti, fettuccini, and linguini can be a bit finicky to cook in the Instant Pot. The method for cooking these is slightly different than other shapes, though the cook time remains the same.;
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Frozen Tamales In Instant Pot
When Should I Use Keep Warm Function
The Instant Pot can be kept on Keep Warm after cooking most foods. In fact, its very handy if you are finished cooking before youre ready to serve food. Some foods like rice, quinoa, or anything that has soaked up a lot of liquid should be monitored or warmed in a more moist environment to prevent dryness or burning. You can select Keep Warm cycle before you start cooking or after.;
What Is An Ice Bath
An ice bath is exactly as it sounds. Its a bowl of cold water that also contains a good amount of ice. Its used in cooking to help stop the cooking process for items such as boiled eggs. It allows foods to come down in temperature quickly and safely.
You May Like: Converting Recipes To Instant Pot
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs 8 Qt Pressure Cooker Eggs
Enjoy! This recipe works great form making 12 hard boiled eggs in Instant Pot at one time, or you could make even more if room allows. Cooking hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot saves a lot of time when you want to boil eggs. Not only that, but Instant Pot hard boiled eggs are also super easy to peel.
Get more Instant Pot recipes in our and by following APressureCooker.com on , , and . Have you tried this recipe? Don’t forget to Rate This Recipe below!