Tips For Instant Pot Steak And Potatoes:
- I am using an;8 quart Instant pot but you can use a 6 quart;if you prefer. Since purchasing an;instant pot, it truly has changed meal time around here. I can pull together dinner in little to no time.
- No worries if you dont have an instant pot, you can try our yummy Tangy Crock pot Steak Recipe.
- I recommend using ;heavy duty foil for the potatoes. It is much sturdier than regular. If you dont have heavy duty, double the regular foil.
- Feel free to substitute the round steak for any type of steak you can get on sale. We have used sirloin steaks before and it was yummy.
How To Cook Frozen Meat In The Instant Pot
If you are like most of us, we just want a quick Instant Pot cheat sheet that gives us the times we need to cook our meat. Below, I have given you just that for how to cook frozen meat in the Instant Pot.;
Keep in mind, the time to come to pressure as well as the time you cook will differ from fresh meat!
Reheat Pressure Cooker Taco Meat
You can either reheat your taco meat in a Dutch Oven or in your pressure cooker.
- Dutch Oven When you want to reheat it in a Dutch Oven let the meat thaw first before you put it in the Dutch oven and warm it. Add water if needed so your taco meat wont dry out;
- Instant Pot you can also reheat your taco meat in your pressure cooker. Put 1/2 cup water in the pressure cooker. Close the lid and secure. Turn the valve to sealing and select Manual or Pressure Cook for 5 minutes. Once the cooking time is up quick-release your pressure cooker. Take the meat out and drain the excess water. Turn the Instant Pot to Saute and return the meat. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes and let any excess liquid evaporate
I hope you enjoy this easy Instant Pot Taco Meat with taco seasoning recipe as much as I do!
Made a recipe please tag @thetortiliachannel on , on , and like us on for more information and updates.
DONT FORGET TO TO THE TORTILLA CHANNEL NEWSLETTER FOR FREE TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS INTO YOUR INBOX!
Also Check: What To Cook In Instant Pot
Can You Brown Meat In An Instant Pot
One of my favorite features of the instant pot is the sauté option.; The sauté option allows the instant pot to work just like a pot on the stove top.; You can use this feature if you prefer to brown the meat instead of using the pressure cooker feature.
I always cook;instant pot taco meat on the pressure cooker option but this feature works great for recipes that do require browned ground beef.
Can You Overcook Meat Pressure Cooker
We re so used to traditional stovetop cooking times that its easy to overcook food with a pressure cooker without knowing it. So, its always better to aim for a shorter cooking time when trying something new in a pressure cooker. You can continue to cook undercooked food, but you can never undo overcooked food.
Read Also: How To Boil Milk In Instant Pot
How To Pressure Cook Frozen Ground Beef
- Pour cold tap water into the bottom of the inner pot. Use 1 cup for a 3 or 6 quart instant pot and 1.5 cups for an 8-quart model. Then place in a metal trivet or rack inside the inner pot.
- Place the frozen ground beef on your trivet, and seal the instant pot closed with vent closed.;Be sure all plastic, styrofoam, or any other packaging is completely removed from the frozen meat. If not, run undercold water until you can remove the packaging.
- Place the lid on the inner pot and seal. Set to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes for a 1-inch thick slab of frozen meat.
- Once the cooking time has elapsed, let the pressure release naturally for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Check the temperature with a meat thermometer–it should be at least 160 degrees. If it is not, seal again and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. *See my notes at end of the post to troubleshoot why your meat would need longer to cook.;
- Carefully remove the meat from the instant pot and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Discard the cooking liquid and fat that drained off beef.
- Use a spatula to break up the ground meat and use just as you would for any recipe calling for browned or cooked ground beef.
Buttery Tender Juicy Rich Flavorful
We tested our Roast Beef Recipe with eye of round roast and top sirloin roast in the Instant Pot. The results were very promising and this method will work for higher end cuts as well
Super buttery rich medium rare roast beef dipped into umami-savory-beefy gravy, each bite bursts with beefy juice oh sooooo delish~
*Note: This method of cooking roast beef in Instant Pot works great if youre cooking a small roast.
Also Check: How To Meal Prep With Instant Pot
Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Salmon
Bright and citrusy salmon served atop a bed of vibrant veggie noodles that sounds pretty delish, no? Thats what you get with this;Instant Pot lemon garlic salmon.
Its also totally okay if you forgot to take your salmon filets out of the freezer you can still enjoy a nice fish dinner in minutes.
Like the other salmon recipe on this list, youll simply insert the steamer rack into your Instant Pot and pour water and lemon juice on the bottom of the pot. Place frozen salmon on the insert, drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, a mélange of fresh herbs like dill, basil, and parsley, and a thin slice of lemon. Cook for 7 minutes.
This recipe serves the salmon with a bed of thick vegetable ribbons, but you can, of course, serve it alongside anything that sounds good.
Brown Beef Roast In Instant Pot
Press Saute button to Sauté More function to heat up Instant Pot. It will switch to ON on the screen.
Wait until it says HOTon the screen .
*Pro Tip: Make sure Instant Pot is as hot as it can be in order to induce a Maillard reaction.
Add 1 tbsp olive oil in the Instant Pots inner pot. Ensure the whole bottom is coated with olive oil.
*Note: In total, there are 6 sides to a beef roast. We are browning 4 sides of the beef roast excluding both ends .
Pat dry the beef roast with paper towel. Generously season one side of the beef roast with kosher salt and black pepper.
Place the beef roast in Instant Pot .
Brown the first side for 4 minutes. Generously season the other side with salt and black pepper.
Brown that side for 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
Finally, brown the other 2 sides for 2 minutes and 30 seconds per side .
Set aside the browned beef roast.
Recommended Reading: How Long Do You Cook Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
How To Fix A Tough Pot Roast
To avoid a tough pot roast from the get-go:
- Make sure you are using good quality meat
- Look for a roast with even marbling of fat throughout
- Cook for an appropriate amount of time
If you end up with a tough roast, there are a few things you can do to help it
- Cut it against the grain and put it back into the pot juices to soak up some moisture
- Pressure cook it for another 10 15 minutes
- Put chunks into a food processor and pulse to shred it.; This works good if you’re using it for quesadillas, enchiladas, etc
Pressure Cooker Ground Beef Taco Meat Is The Easiest Meal
Learn;how to make homemade taco seasoning.; This is one of my favorite recipes on my blog because its so simple and so easy.
I usually make this in a big batch and keep it on hand.; You will save so much money making this at home instead of buying it.
It is so nice not having to buy the little packets all the time at the grocery store. Plus, I love knowing exactly what is in the taco seasoning.
Also Check: How Long To Steam Broccoli In Instant Pot
How To Make Gravy From Roast Drippings
If you want a dynamite gravy that takes a little extra effort, use this gravy recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe. ;If you want a super easy one that is still wonderfully flavorful, use the one I wrote below. ;My opinion is that afat separator is a must to get rid of excess fat in the broth. ;I really hate greasy gravy, but I’ll leave that decision up to you! It’s definitely not a deal breaker.
What Is The Timer Button For
Some models have a button that reads Timer. While you may think that this is the button that sets the cooking time for your Instant Pot, it actually delays cooking time and will start the cooking when the timer counts down. You can set the cooking time with the plus/minus buttons or the dial, depending on the model.
You May Like: How To Cook Chicken Breast In Instant Pot
Instant Pot Frozen Ground Beef
Lets face it, most of the time the hardest part of dinner is when you realize that you forgot to thaw the meat.;It happened to me so many times when I had great plans and ideas of how delicious dinner would be only to realize that I have a frozen block of ground beef still in the freezer.
But the night can be saved with these easy tips on how to cook frozen ground beef in the instant pot or other pressure cookers with only 2 ingredients, one of which is just water! This is a great recipe for busy days and its a convenient way to cook quickly cook frozen meat.
Also, once it has been cooked using the saute function to brown the beef with some taco seasoning for an instant pot taco meat recipe! Feel free to use the cooked meat to make other delicious meals like sloppy joes, tacos, quesadillas, or a quick chili.
To make weeknights stress-free and dinner a breeze, check how to cook frozen chicken breasts or chicken wings, how to cook a whole frozen chicken, and also how to cook frozen pork tenderloin in the instant pot.
Short Ribs In Instant Pot
Short ribs are an absolutely delicious meal. Theyre often served in Asian-style cuisines with sticky, delicious sauces. They contain a lot of meat and a lot of fat which means they require longer cooking times for the fat to really marble well, creating a fall-off-the-bone, tender, juicy bite. With the Instant Pot, you can braise these babies in record time.
Don’t Miss: How Long To Cook Fava Beans In Instant Pot
Here Are The Instant Pot Beef Roast Experiment Results:
Which Cut of Beef to Use? Round of Eye Roast is great for making deli-style cold cut roast beef, while Top Sirloin Roast is great for making medium-rare steak-size sliced roast beef.
*Pro Tip: Beef cuts such as chuck roast with tough connective tissue will not be optimal for this Instant pot Roast Beef Recipe.
Smart Program Pressure Cooking
If you choose to use one of the pre-set smart program options, the steps are even simpler. Please refer to our post on Smart Program Instant Pot Buttons Explained for how to adjust each setting.
Step 1. Start the Instant Pot. Insert the inner pot into the cooker base.;
Step 2.;Add ingredients and liquids to the inner pot. Stir if needed or leave layered.;
Step 3. Secure and lock the lid. Make sure everything feels well sealed.;
Step 4. Select one of the Smart Program buttons. Pre-set cooking time and pressure level will display. You can leave it as is or adjust things like the pressure level from HIGH to LOW. You can press the Smart Program button again to cycle through the Less, Normal and More time options or use the and + buttons to adjust the cooking time further. If you make any adjustments to the selected Smart Program, they will be remembered next time you use it.;
Step 5. Preheating & pressurizing stage begins followed by cooking under pressure as per program settings. Once the Instant Pot beeps again and the timer has reached zero, the cooking process is done.;
Step 6. You can do a quick release or allow the built-up pressure to release naturally , or do both depending on the food/recipe.
Step 10. Once pressure is released, open the lid and stir or remove the contents.;
Don’t Miss: How To Cook Tuna Steak In Instant Pot
What Is Pot Roast
Pot roast is more of a method than a specific cut of meat. To make it, sear a large cut of beef until browned on all sides, and then cook it with aromatics like herbs, onions, carrots, and broth until its melt-in-your-mouth tender.
You can make this in a Dutch oven on the stove-top, in the oven, in a slow cooker, and in a pressure cooker. In this recipe, we are using a pressure cooker to make the pot roast. A pressure cooker takes the cook time down dramatically.
Instant Pot Frozen Meat
Then lets move on to an Instant Pot frozen whole chicken! Of course youll want to choose one that doesnt have a bag of inners inside the cavity, but my organic brand doesnt.
Using a simple lemon pepper marinade you too can give your pieces tons of flavor this way. Instead of using water, you can use other combinations such as this one. Liquid is a necessity for steaming in a pressure cooker.
That brings us to frozen chicken thighs in Instant Pot and how that is done perfectly. I love this cut because theyre so tender, flavorful, and the cheapest pieces overall.
What is your favorite appetizer or snack? I bet its a batch full wings! We have made them in so many different ways because theyre just mouth watering I tell you.
Also Check: Can You Cook Rice In Instant Pot
Option 1: Saute The Meat
Using the saute function on the Instant Pot, is nearly the same as browning the meat on the stove.
- Hit the saute function on the Instant Pot and then hit Adjust to change the heat to normal heat.
- Let the Instant Pot heat for 2-3 minutes. Some models display Hot once heated, some do not, but after a few minutes of time, you can begin to saute the meat.
- Add in a couple of teaspoons of oil and let the oil heat for 1 minute.
- Add the ground meat, and allow to cook, breaking the meat up into small pieces as it browns.
- Once the ground beef is cooked thoroughly, this takes about 6-7 minutes, turn the Instant Pot OFF.
- Drain off any excess grease and then use as desired. This works great for recipes like Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff, Instant Pot Chili, or Instant Pot Hamburger Helper.
A note to this method–it seems silly to get out your pressure cooker if you are just sauteing;your meat , but if you are using it to start another recipe you will finish in your Instant Pot, it is a great method to use!)
Instant Pot Pot Roast + Best Cut Of Meat To Use
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I get a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. I only recommend items I love and have had a positive experience with. Thank you!
5 Expert Instant Pot Tricks HOW TO SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH THE INSTANT POT
If you want a pot roast to rival your grandma’s , give this Instant Pot Pot Roast a whirl! ;Tender, juicy, and flavorful! ;Plus, find out which cut of meat is the best below. This recipe goes amazing with Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes.
If I had to pick a number one most requested recipe since I started this blogging journey, it would be the classic Sunday Pot Roast. ;Not even kidding. ;But I reeeeeaaaallly dragged my feet on it. ;To say I got burned out on pot roast as a kid is an understatement. ;Anyone else’s family have that Every. Single. Sunday?
But my love for you all prevailed and with the help of a friend and my little sis, have we ever delivered the goods!
My ability to keep things simple is nonexistent, so I decided to make this classic Pressure Cooker Pot Roast recipe a bit more exciting by testing it on the three most common cuts of pot roast beef: sirloin roast, chuck roast, and rump roast. ;All this so I could answer the question:
You May Like: How To Make Chile In Instant Pot